The Golden Journeyman Challenge

Hi all!

It's been a while since I posted on the forum, but I thought this would be a good time to post as I've just started a new FM16 challenge over on my Youtube channel.

It is called 'The Golden Journeyman' Challenge and you can watch episode 1 here where I introduce the concept -

The challenge is very similar to an ordinary journeyman challenge, but I have added in a point scoring mechanism. I explain all about this in the video, but essentially, you score points on the number of teams you manage in your FM career, the number of countries/ continents you manage in, and the number of competitions you win. I have uploaded the point scoring spreadsheet here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/05wbxb2iqbxa6fa/GJ+Challenge.xlsx

If you fancy following my career, I'll be making regular videos so it would be great if you could subscribe to my Youtube channel if you haven't done so already! I'll also post updates in here from time to time :)

To start with, I've asked people to vote on the countries they would like me to initially load up, so the journey could take me anywhere! However, I will be starting unemployed with the lowest possible attributes, so it will certainly be a tricky and long-term challenge/series!

I hope you enjoy the series, and it would be great if you fancied playing the challenge too! You can let me know how you are getting on in this thread if you like :)

Hey man, this challenge looks good! Your setup adds a simple but interesting extra incentive to the age-old challenge!

I'll definitely be keeping up with your story and will keep you updated on my journey too!

Thank you very much for your feedback! :) Yes I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible- I could have added even more point scoring techniques in (such as losing points for relegation) but have decided to keep things positive and keeps the maths simple ;)

Definitely!

I'm looking forward to seeing where you end up choosing to begin your journey (I've voted)! Any idea when you'll make the big decision?

I'm leaving the poll open until the end of the day and then I will select the leagues that I will initially load up into the game (I will be doing sporadic votes throughout the series to add more in and remove leagues). I'm starting unemployed so I will take any job that I can possibly get my hands on!

Nice challenge addition. I would suggest though a different weighting that winning a league is more worth than getting promoted. But anyway, like this one a lot!!!

Different League Titles Won, does only Premier League in England count or for instance League Two also?

My FM15 game seems to generate a final score of 2112 points.

Nice challenge addition. I would suggest though a different weighting that winning a league is more worth than getting promoted. But anyway, like this one a lot!!!

Different League Titles Won, does only Premier League in England count or for instance League Two also?

My FM15 game seems to generate a final score of 2112 points.

If you win a lower division league title you get 2 points (1 for being promoted and 1 for winning the league). I decided that this is a good idea because it encourages people to try out lower league management :)

Wow! Really? That is very high- how many different clubs did you manage? I assume you only counted 1 point per club, nation, competition won etc?

I will recalculate to be sure, I managed 18 different clubs in a save that lasted until 2043 (FM15)

A few more questions:

- What about Super Cups? (Community Shield, Italian Super Cup etc.)

- What about Euro Super Cup?

- What about Europa League its not the first continental competition of Europe but does it count?

- What about minor International Trophies like East Asian Cup?

Surprised to see you on the forums, been a subscriber of yours for a while!

Currently undertaking the Ultimate Football Manager Challenge (albeit with little success) and will be tracking my points for this challenge too as I go along. Currently on a whopping 3 points...

Looking forward to more videos in the series!

I will recalculate to be sure, I managed 18 different clubs in a save that lasted until 2043 (FM15)

A few more questions:

- What about Super Cups? (Community Shield, Italian Super Cup etc.)

- What about Euro Super Cup?

- What about Europa League its not the first continental competition of Europe but does it count?

- What about minor International Trophies like East Asian Cup?

To answer your questions:

- Super Cups will come under the 'Cups/ Other domestic trophies' section.

- Euro Super Cup comes under 'Continental competitions'

- Europa League also comes under the 'Continental competitions'

- Minor international trophies also count, so it's under the 'International competitions' section.

Basically, the idea is to try and win as many different competitions as possible, but you only get one point per competition. So if you win the English FA Cup 5 times, you only get one point!

Love following challenges like this! so interesting to see the different teams that people end up at! Look forward to seeing what happens. You sir have a new subscriber. :D

Thank you very much for subscribing! I hope you enjoy the journey, and also enjoy other people's journeys! :)

Surprised to see you on the forums, been a subscriber of yours for a while!

Currently undertaking the Ultimate Football Manager Challenge (albeit with little success) and will be tracking my points for this challenge too as I go along. Currently on a whopping 3 points...

Looking forward to more videos in the series!

Hi! Thank you for subscribing! :) I've been floating around the forums for years (probably since 2005) to be honest! I used to have a different account before this one.

Good luck with the Ultimate FM challenge! It will be interesting to see how many points you accumulate on this.

Thanks for clarifying the calculations. My total score for FM15 is then: 2464 points.

Managed:

- 18 clubs

- 13 nations managed

- 5 continents managed

- 8 international teams managed

- 3 promotions

- 13 league titles won

- 21 different cups/other domestic trophies

- 10 continental competitions

- 9 international competitions

Look at my post vike its quite easy. Take the top 4 conditions and add them together. In my example 18+13+5+8= 44. Then take the 5 bottom conditions and add them together. In my example 3+13+21+10+9 = 56. Then multiply the total top score with the total bottom score. In my example 44 * 56 = 2464.

Actually, now that I see the post you're referring to, I think I've got it.

Managed:

- 13 clubs

- 9 nations managed

- 4 continents managed

- 11 international teams managed

- 0 promotions

- 6 league titles won

- 14 different cups/other domestic trophies

- 6 continental competitions

- 4 international competitions

Total = 2,010

I'm hugely disadvantaged by not having managed any lower division clubs, like Earl, and by being sort of rubbish, unlike Earl. However, it seems that having no life has put me within sight of him. Also, I haven't finished.

Essentially this scoring system will reward me for having been sacked so many times.

I presume U23 sides don't count as international teams managed.

progress.gif

Managed:

- 13 clubs

- 9 nations managed

- 4 continents managed

- 0 promotions

- 6 league titles won

Total = 2,010

I'm hugely disadvantaged by not having managed any lower division clubs, like Earl, and by being sort of rubbish, unlike Earl. However, it seems that having no life has put me within sight of him. Also, I haven't finished.

Essentially this scoring system will reward me for having been sacked so many times.

progress.gif

With this achievement I come to a score of 1110. 37 *30 = 1110.

Thanks for clarifying the calculations. My total score for FM15 is then: 2464 points.

Managed:

- 18 clubs

- 13 nations managed

- 5 continents managed

- 8 international teams managed

- 3 promotions

- 13 league titles won

- 21 different cups/other domestic trophies

- 10 continental competitions

- 9 international competitions

Very impressive, well done! Hopefully I'll be able to do something similar :)

Managed:

- 13 clubs

- 9 nations managed

- 4 continents managed

- 0 promotions

- 6 league titles won

Total = 2,010

progress.gif

I don't see why U23 sides cannot be included as international teams! I say, count them! :)

Looks like dropbox is banned in China as well. Having linked to 4 different banned sites (including facebook and twitter) The Jinyiwei will probably put you on their hitlist and take you out. Oops. My bad.

Anyway, no problem. I understand it now, (thanks, Earl. I wondered how my total was so high) and anyway I dare say you're more interested in new starters.

Looks like dropbox is banned in China as well. Having linked to 4 different banned sites (including facebook and twitter) The Jinyiwei will probably put you on their hitlist and take you out. Oops. My bad.

Anyway, no problem. I understand it now, (thanks, Earl. I wondered how my total was so high) and anyway I dare say you're more interested in new starters.

Ahh you're in China! Now I understand ;) I'm surprised this site isn't banned there too!

Yesterday I uploaded episode 3 of my Golden Journeyman Challenge >

In this edition I have the chance of winning my 1st trophy already! I've also made a couple of interesting signings, including a 42 year old Robert Pires and 37 year old, Emile Mpenza!

Series playlist >

Robert Pires is an amazing signing haha!

Unlucky on the final loss :(

My journey so far has seen me survive a relegation battle with Lowestoft Town, a bid for promotion destroyed by terrible form at the end of the season with Alfreton and now a play-off final victory with Cheltenham. So finally, something to give me some points!

My GJ score so far, a massive 5!

Nice work, enjoyed the last two episodes. I'm sat on 4 points, in League One with Crawley. Thinking of making a move abroad soon though!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them! :) Good luck with Crawley, and with your foreign adventure if you decide to move on!

• 1 month later...

Archived