[FM16][SKIN] HelveticaLite 2016 (A light skin w/ Instant Result)

drswit

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do LOVE your skin I find it a bit too white and bright. Is there a way to make it just a little little bit darker and less eye-tiring?

Thanks!

Think about it : when you read a book, or a magazine, do you feel bad when reading pure black texts on white background ? The same when working with Word or Excel. Or even : would you imagine Google or your favorite news site with a dark baground and white texts ?

The fact is that the right way to read, especially on a screen, is to get a light background with black texts. The opposite is a pure nonsense. Mine are not pure black, let's say 80% black to keep a good contrast.

If you find it too bright, you certainly have to calibrate your screen ;)

Regardless, you can edit the .../settings/settings.xml file by playing with RGB values from line 24 :

<!-- UI colours -->
<!-- These colours are used to recolour the appearance graphics used throughout the game, by replacing the red, green and blues of the graphics. -->
<!-- This allows fast creation of different colour schemes without having to modify and re-export the graphic assets -->
<colour name="ui_background" red="238" green="238" blue="238" /> <!-- Main UI background - red_replacement -->
<colour name="match_background" red="56" green="62" blue="82"/> <!-- Main UI background - red_replacement -->
<colour name="dialog_background" red="21" green="23" blue="30"/> <!-- Dialog box background - red_replacement -->

<!-- Main UI Header -->
<colour name="ui_header_background" red="235" green="235" blue="235"/> <!-- UI header background - red_replacement -->
<colour name="ui_header_border" red="200" green="200" blue="200"/> <!-- UI header borders - blue_replacement -->
<colour name="ui_header_shadow" red="220" green="220" blue="220"/> <!-- UI header shadow - green_replacement -->

• 2 weeks later...
To Jaradthescot and Th3answer82 : yes, that's because you are on low resolutions. The skin is made to be used at a +1600 resolution. Now, i don't remember if i have touched something in this panel, i can look and provide you an alternative panel, interested ?

I have 2560x1440 at 100% and have same problem:

http://s17.postimg.org/p796bvj7x/2015_12_26_5.png

The other problem is color of choosed position on popup window for pick player on tactics screen:

http://s17.postimg.org/j7lf87yfh/2015_12_26_4.png

Is there a way to change the colour of the titlebar and side menu to change to the colour of the team that you click on. For example if I click on Chelsea the titlebar would change to blue instead of remaining grey, and then if I clicked on Arsenal it would change to red

Is there any way to add the increasing and decreasing arrows for attributes back into the player profiles? Love everything else about the skin, but it's harder to keep track of my players without them.

Check 19th line of art player attributes panel.xml file in panels folder. There is comment block with name "<!-- Attribute training improvement offset", so maybe remove "<!--" and "-->" will bring this back. Sorry, but I can't check this now.

Check 19th line of art player attributes panel.xml file in panels folder. There is comment block with name "<!-- Attribute training improvement offset", so maybe remove "<!--" and "-->" will bring this back. Sorry, but I can't check this now.

I tried this but it didn't work for me. I have no idea what I'm doing though, so here's a screenshot of what I did.

http://imgur.com/6huvurk

The file have in 19th - 22th line:

<!-- Attribute training improvement offset

<record index="1" id="offs" sort_disabled="true">

<record id="widget_info" class="training_improvement" />

</record>-->

It should look like this:

<!-- Attribute training improvement offset -->

<record index="1" id="offs" sort_disabled="true">

<record id="widget_info" class="training_improvement" />

</record>

The file have in 19th - 22th line:

It should look like this:

I want to apologize in advance for my lack of understanding, but this is one of my first times working with code. I tried adjusting things in the code, but I'm incredibly lost. I'm assuming I use this panel to edit it?

http://imgur.com/17nOXT3

But then what do I do? I've been playing around in here for a while, but not sure what I'm doing in the slightest. Thank you so much for helping though, I really appreciate it.

Open this file in Notepad, and then edit it: just move the "-->" symbol from end of 22th line to the end of line 19th :)

As I said, I can't check this now, so I don't know if this should bring back the training improvments indicators, but probably it should.

This is nearly the perfect skin for FM. My only request would be to implement a couple features which are included with Vitrex 2.0, I've ranked these in terms of how important I feel they'd be:

1. Shirt with player name & number, signature below it - This is my favourite feature from Virtrex 2.0 and honestly this alone being added to this skin would make me download it straight away.

2. Show kits on the tactics screen - I like seeing the kits with the player names and showing which player is the captain

3. Real life football news sites for news section - Thought this was very nicely done in Virtrex 2.0

4. Enhanced match engine - They've done a great job of changing the design of the box containing the score and also having in the TV station which is showing the football match e.g. Sky Sports HD, Canal+ Liga, etc

Open this file in Notepad, and then edit it: just move the "-->" symbol from end of 22th line to the end of line 19th :)

As I said, I can't check this now, so I don't know if this should bring back the training improvments indicators, but probably it should.

It worked! Thank you so much! Great work on the skin, and keep it up!

Great skin indeed. Followed some tips here to get the player attributes and arrows work well and it really is my favourite skin since I started playing FM. Cheers to everyone who contributed to it!

2. Show kits on the tactics screen - I like seeing the kits with the player names and showing which player is the captain

Guys why was this reverted back to the boxes? the boxes are so big and clumsy!! I think the shirts are perfect - is there a way to get them back?

• 3 weeks later...

well i have nothing found actually to my problem

in my colour_sidebar.xml ist islike this

<list id="items">

<!-- All Colours -->

<record min_hue="0" max_hue="360" min_saturation="0" max_saturation="100" min_lightness="0" max_lightness="100">

<colour id="accent_colour" red="57" green="60" blue="70" alpha="255"/>

</record>

</list>

well i have nothing found actually to my problem

in my colour_sidebar.xml ist islike this

<list id="items">

<!-- All Colours -->

<record min_hue="0" max_hue="360" min_saturation="0" max_saturation="100" min_lightness="0" max_lightness="100">

<colour id="accent_colour" red="57" green="60" blue="70" alpha="255"/>

</record>

</list>

You wanna be in the Client object browser.xml.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/417115-Sidebar-Colour-anyway-to-make-it-change-for-every-team

this is how my match bar looks like while playing in fullscreen with it hidden:

http://imgur.com/CCuq4Xf

Is this the "Known Bug : the main titlebar appears empty when watching a match in full screen mode"?

I don't care for the bar, I don't really need it,

so is there a way to remove it, or to make it invisible, transparent or to move it up or anything else?

Was this bug there in prior versions of Helvetica Lite?

I've tried match title bar.xml from other skins, but the problem is still there..

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

is there a way to get Player preferred moves below or instead of CA/PA?

I've been messing with

art player attributes panel,

art player additional attributes panel

and

art player information preferred moves panel,

but I can't get them there..

Thanks

is anybody willing to help importing Premier league scoreboard from this skin (FM 2014: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/skins-all-other-graphics/148549-sky-sports-fm2014-skin-johnakos.html) to Helvetica?

All .PNGs are in following folders:

1. graphics/boxes/scoreboard (here are the files fm16 skins have in scoreboard/container)

2. graphics/pitch/scoreboard (here are the files fm16 skins have in scoreboard/teams and scoreboard/clock)

I think match title bar score panel is missing some lines (I've tried sorting the above files to construct fm16 folder structure, but with no success..I've then modified match title bar score panel:

I've changed

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/scoreboard/paper">

to

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/scoreboard/container/paper">

etc., but with no success..

I think this would interest many players managing in PL.

Thanks

is anybody willing to help importing Premier league scoreboard from this skin (FM 2014: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/skins-all-other-graphics/148549-sky-sports-fm2014-skin-johnakos.html) to Helvetica?

All .PNGs are in following folders:

1. graphics/boxes/scoreboard (here are the files fm16 skins have in scoreboard/container)

2. graphics/pitch/scoreboard (here are the files fm16 skins have in scoreboard/teams and scoreboard/clock)

I think match title bar score panel is missing some lines (I've tried sorting the above files to construct fm16 folder structure, but with no success..I've then modified match title bar score panel:

I've changed

to

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/scoreboard/container/paper">

etc., but with no success..

I think this would interest many players managing in PL.

Thanks

You'll prob need to move over the full match title bar score.xml rather than add a paper line, the scoreboard requires the text all moving to set positions to fit the graphic.

You'll prob need to move over the full match title bar score.xml rather than add a paper line, the scoreboard requires the text all moving to set positions to fit the graphic.

I did move the xml from FM14 skin to Helvetica light panels folder. I've also moved 2 folders with PNGs to the exact same destinations as they are in FM14. That didn't work.

So I went to sort these PNGs to folder structure of a FM16 skin (so I created a folder "scoreboard" and put it into graphics\boxes\custom\match. Inside "scoreboard" folder I created "teams", "container" and "clock" folder and sorted all PNGs to these 3 folders.

As their destination was now changed, I've edited match title bar score.xml so that line

is now

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/scoreboard/container/paper">.

Still no success.

Then I went to see the PNGs and I noticed there was no PNG named "paper" (as in FM16 skins); the PL scoreboard as seen on TV is divided into, say, 15 PNGs (paper_top_left, paper_top_right, etc., etc.).

So I changed xml line to

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/scoreboard/container/paper_top_left"> and finally got a part of scoreboard to appear.

The problem is that there's only 1 line in match title bar score.xml (let's leave home & away team logos and time lines now, they do work and I should know how to edit them), but at least 15 PNGs which all form the scoreboard..

I don't know how to write 14 lines more to assemble all PNGs into a full scoreboard, so I was hoping for some help.

Another option should be using photo editing program to assemble them that way, and then name that PNG simply "paper",

what do you think?

I did move the xml from FM14 skin to Helvetica light panels folder. I've also moved 2 folders with PNGs to the exact same destinations as they are in FM14. That didn't work.

So I went to sort these PNGs to folder structure of a FM16 skin (so I created a folder "scoreboard" and put it into graphics\boxes\custom\match. Inside "scoreboard" folder I created "teams", "container" and "clock" folder and sorted all PNGs to these 3 folders.

As their destination was now changed, I've edited match title bar score.xml so that line

is now

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/scoreboard/container/paper">.

Still no success.

Then I went to see the PNGs and I noticed there was no PNG named "paper" (as in FM16 skins); the PL scoreboard as seen on TV is divided into, say, 15 PNGs (paper_top_left, paper_top_right, etc., etc.).

So I changed xml line to

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/scoreboard/container/paper_top_left"> and finally got a part of scoreboard to appear.

The problem is that there's only 1 line in match title bar score.xml (let's leave home & away team logos and time lines now, they do work and I should know how to edit them), but at least 15 PNGs which all form the scoreboard..

I don't know how to write 14 lines more to assemble all PNGs into a full scoreboard, so I was hoping for some help.

Another option should be using photo editing program to assemble them that way, and then name that PNG simply "paper",

what do you think?

Have a look n the andromeda skin for 16, i think Bantams designed that scoreboard so he''l use it for 16.

• 3 weeks later...
This is nearly the perfect skin for FM. My only request would be to implement a couple features which are included with Vitrex 2.0, I've ranked these in terms of how important I feel they'd be:

1. Shirt with player name & number, signature below it - This is my favourite feature from Virtrex 2.0 and honestly this alone being added to this skin would make me download it straight away.

3. Real life football news sites for news section - Thought this was very nicely done in Virtrex 2.0

4. Enhanced match engine - They've done a great job of changing the design of the box containing the score and also having in the TV station which is showing the football match e.g. Sky Sports HD, Canal+ Liga, etc

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. It would be great to mashup those skins. Hopefully there is someone capable of doing this.

• 5 weeks later...
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. It would be great to mashup those skins. Hopefully there is someone capable of doing this.

I've accomplished the first point mentioned a few months ago, as for the other three points I could have a look and see - it's just looking through the .xml files for the panels and comparing the code in Vitrex and Helvetica, then editing it as you like.

I'll see what I can do regarding the other points over the next month and get back to you all here on the forum. Easiest way will be to link you a download to the 'panels' folder along with any other changes, such as in 'fonts' or 'graphics' for the skin.

Yours sincerely,

BootlegBill

I've accomplished the first point mentioned a few months ago, as for the other three points I could have a look and see - it's just looking through the .xml files for the panels and comparing the code in Vitrex and Helvetica, then editing it as you like.

I'll see what I can do regarding the other points over the next month and get back to you all here on the forum. Easiest way will be to link you a download to the 'panels' folder along with any other changes, such as in 'fonts' or 'graphics' for the skin.

Yours sincerely,

BootlegBill

Dear Bill,

Actually, I tried to merge those skins for personal use, but failed miserably. Anxiously waiting for your updates then.

• 2 months later...

I'm very sorry for not posting my attempts at combining the two skins, as I said I would, I have been very busy and left this account to my younger brother who just purchased FM.

Over the next day or two - at most - I will have the files up. 

Thank you for the patience; hope you guys are still interested in the idea.

Yours sincerely,

BootlegBill

I have combined the Helvetica and Vitrex skins; again, I apologise greatly for not keeping to my original word and doing this a few months ago. 

Below, out of the features you have expressed that you wanted to merge, I have detailed whether I have done them or not.

1. Shirt with player name & number, signature below it - This is my favourite feature from Virtrex 2.0 and honestly this alone being added to this skin would make me download it straight away. - Done

2. Show kits on the tactics screen - I like seeing the kits with the player names and showing which player is the captain - Done

3. Real life football news sites for news section - Thought this was very nicely done in Virtrex 2.0 - Done

4. Enhanced match engine - They've done a great job of changing the design of the box containing the score and also having in the TV station which is showing the football match e.g. Sky Sports HD, Canal+ Liga, etc - Didn't work fully, so it was left out

I do hope that this is to a good standard, and if any errors do come up - in my testing it is fine - do message me, and I will attempt to fix them, keeping in mind that I'm not a professional FM skin designer, but I'll try my best.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/su4au94spjx0zvs/HelveticaLite-Vitrex.7z?dl=0

Yours sincerely,

BootlegBill

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 16:33, TerraMuncher said:

I have combined the Helvetica and Vitrex skins; again, I apologise greatly for not keeping to my original word and doing this a few months ago. 

Below, out of the features you have expressed that you wanted to merge, I have detailed whether I have done them or not.

1. Shirt with player name & number, signature below it - This is my favourite feature from Virtrex 2.0 and honestly this alone being added to this skin would make me download it straight away. - Done

2. Show kits on the tactics screen - I like seeing the kits with the player names and showing which player is the captain - Done

3. Real life football news sites for news section - Thought this was very nicely done in Virtrex 2.0 - Done

4. Enhanced match engine - They've done a great job of changing the design of the box containing the score and also having in the TV station which is showing the football match e.g. Sky Sports HD, Canal+ Liga, etc - Didn't work fully, so it was left out

I do hope that this is to a good standard, and if any errors do come up - in my testing it is fine - do message me, and I will attempt to fix them, keeping in mind that I'm not a professional FM skin designer, but I'll try my best.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/su4au94spjx0zvs/HelveticaLite-Vitrex.7z?dl=0

Yours sincerely,

BootlegBill

Woah, that looks almost perfect, nevermind that delay. Big thanks for putting your time into this. Let's move on to this 'almost perfect' stuff.

What buffles me most is the goal site for the news section. When zoomed out (95% on low res monitor though)  looks like this.

To make the skin perfect I would also change the colors of the boxes on the tactic screen to either color palette of the Helvetica skin which are I believe: #454545 (grey) #77c193 (green) #e36357 (red), or the variation of one color from the skin color palette (eg. ligher grey - grey - darker grey). This would make the skin much more consistent. Also, is there any chance, that you can add player names onto the shirt alongside with the number? Would be great.

What also slightly annoyed me was the transparent collar-like thing in the default player picture. (btw. Kevin Lasagna is my favourite player ever) So I tried to replace the image with my own default face, but it turned out to be not satisfing me enough since it's a bit glitchy, I don't know why, really. It should be a vector graphic now that I think of it. Still, if someone would be interested in replacing the picture I'm attaching the files that you need to overwrite in the skins/HelveticaLite-Vitrex/graphics/pictures/players/normal/default/male and skins/HelveticaLite-Vitrex/graphics/pictures/players/small/default/male.  

Anyway, just wanted to say once again, that the skin is now amazing and I'm very happy that you put your efforts and make this. I'm eternally grateful. 

none.png

none.png

Edited by mackos7

Hi, thanks for trying it out!

Adding some pictures, for those who want to try it out but aren't sure, here's what I've changed.

I've been able to change a few more things as mentioned:

- The Tactics screen now shows the names of the players, as well as the tactics pitch itself being a bit smaller and neater. To achieve this I have used a few files from the CFM skin, which I believe look very good and give you all the needed info at a glance.

- Regarding the news, I cannot replicate the issue you're having due to using a 1080p monitor - I have tried to lower the res and zoom out to 95% but still looks fine - however, I swapped the news files with the ones from the LowRes version of Vitrex, so that might fix it for you. Do let me know if that helps.

- I have also changed the default pictures for players and it should work fine now, not sure why the one you tried was giving you problems. Either way, the new ones I've replaced them with will not have the issue regarding the transparency.

- As for the colours you mentioned, I'm assuming you mean the colours based on the positions: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue that I changed them to. To change them manually go to the skin folder and into settings; so: HelveticaLite-Vitrex-CFM\settings and open up settings.xml. Then find the lines below and edit the colours to what you would like, using the RGB system.

<!--colours for the position lines on the tactics pitch and widgets-->
  <colour name="goalkeeper_line" red="255" green="51" blue="51" />
  <colour name="sweeper_line" red="255" green="51" blue="51" />
  <colour name="defender_line" red="255" green="128" blue="0" />
  <colour name="defensive_midfielder_line" red="81" green="155" blue="6" />
  <colour name="midfielder_line" red="81" green="155" blue="6" />
  <colour name="attacking_midfielder_line" red="81" green="155" blue="6" />
  <colour name="attacker_line" red="18" green="122" blue="191" />
  <colour name="substitutes_line" red="91" green="91" blue="97"/>

Link for v2 of my merged skin (Feat. HelveticaLite, Vitrex and CFM): https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr5vwzxe1lurg1u/HelveticaLite-Vitrex-CFM.7z?dl=0

Link for the LowRes news version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3tsif3xalbtl0t/HelveticaLite-Vitrex-CFM (Low Res).7z?dl=0

Hope it's better than before!

Pic 1 - The player overview screen featuring the kit, signature etc. from Vitrex (Also changed the default no picture icon to remove transparency issue).

Pic 2 - The player overview screen featuring the kit, signature etc. from Vitrex (With a player picture).

Pic 3 - The changed tactics screen featuring a merge of the Vitrex style kits and numbers, with the CFM info on the pitch and I have tweaked it myself to be smaller and have the highlight when one is selected match up with the smaller size.

Pic 4 - The real life news websites that Vitrex added.

Pic 5 - Scrolled down version, to see the news from a different angle.

Pic 6 - Bonus picture of a crowd favourite ;)

Yours sincerely,

BootlegBill

No Player Picture.png

Player Screen.png

Tactics Screen.png

News.png

News Scrolled Down.png

Player Screen2.png

Edited by TerraMuncher
Adding pictures

2 hours ago, mackos7 said:

You solved all of my issues here. Thank you very much. Looking great now. Most pleasant fm skin ever made (merged). 

I'm glad it's working great and you're enjoying it; I made this for others to enjoy so as long as it makes your FM experience better, I'm happy to be of service.

Yours sincerely,

BootlegBill