'Create a club' issues

I was really looking forward to create a club mode, and on the whole I've really enjoyed the experience so far.

However, they make it really hard to put a squad together if you don't know who you want in it. The search filters don't even include age, and they reset every time I check a player's profile which makes it very frustrating.

Secondly is wages - I picked a number of squad players from lower leagues where they earned very little, but around 1/3 of my squad had 'match highest earner' clause which took me way over budget when I started playing. Again, frustrating!

I always used to create a club in editor, and as a feature this is certainly easier - however it still seems a bit lazy in execution. Clauses like 'match highest earner' surely must be scrapped when you add a player into your side, given the game suggests the players has been transferred to your team from their previous contract?

Its so flawed that I can't even appoint an assistance manager because the budget has been stretched so far. At least when I used to create a club in editor I could see how much everyone was earning and review the budget before I proceeded.

Back in the days of LMA Manager there would be a box showing your remaining wage budget as well as transfer budget - that would help the process work more fluidly.

Totally agree. Did a couple fo test runs and so far this new feature is of absolutely no use to me whatsoever. Doing it in the editor is a much better solution and not much harder either...

I think the in-game club mode, in theory, should make that process much simpler than the editor. I always found that there was too much to consider in the editor, and this mode looks to improve the simplicity. In the end they've actually made it more complicated with the very strange search box - 'Language spoken' is a search criteria where as 'age' or 'league' are nowhere to be seen...

I've reported a bug where some players adopt a match highest earner clause, which destroyed my club finances when 5+ players were raised from around 500/week to 2,800/week in the conference. If those issues can be sorted I think it will be a really enjoyable function.

How have other people found it so far?

That's strange. I have a custom logo that the game accepts although there is an issue with putting it onto the shirts. I've used the kit creation tool to do something with is OK, although not exactly what I wanted. Also my club is called Watford AFC, there already is a Watford in the game. So if you use a little imagination with the clubs name you can name it after a real city.

It's not a perfect feature by any means, but there is plenty of scope for it to be improved over the years.

You have to bear in mind that it's not aimed at people who are confident of using the editor, its aimed for people who want to add their own club and people playing FMT whop have no editor of any kind.

Also my club is called Watford AFC, there already is a Watford in the game. So if you use a little imagination with the clubs name you can name it after a real city.

Yeah strange thing is that it won't allow AFC Watford, I also tried AFC Tottenham but it will allow what you used and Tottenham AFC, looks like it will allow most things after actual name other than just FC.

Archived