[FM16] Re-colouring issue [Menubar Arrow]

m@rk

Wondering if anyone can help.

on the image below can you tell me whats controlling the colour -

Firstly the sidebar -- the other squad text is recolouring to the primary colour of the team but only on the human controlled team, elsewhere it is white as intended

secondly the top bat - i have recoloured the text as gold but the down arrows are missing on the human controlled team and default to secondary team colour on other teams.

i am at a loss but probably missing something obvious!

2015-11-15_00001_zpsxg0seruf.jpg

For the sidebar from what I remember the other squad text defaults to the same colour as the sidebar, though FM16 seems to take the human colour from two places so make sure either of these aren't set to black;

You have this setting in the settings file:

<colour name="human side bar" red="35" green="135" blue="45"/>

Whilst the recolouring is controlled by the 'settings\sidebar colours.xml' if you have already edited them to just one colour make sure the above value is also set to the same colour.

Regarding the dropdown arrow no idea, it doesn't seem to be controlled by the xml files that control the text colour (\graphics\tabs\standard\normal\top), the icon itself is controlled by the down graphic in: \graphics\icons\custom\interface\tab bar however their is no xml file with to change the recolouring settings.

I seem to remember some of the pre-patch FM15 skins having a problem with that down arrow appearing red after the patch and it could be recoloured but cannot remember how, if you have a look back through some of the fm15 threads the answer is hopefully in one of them.

Thanks Michael

For the sidebar issue I started again and it seems to work now, i may have set something wrong initially so it seems to have righted itself.

the arrow issue is puzzling me so i've decided to leave as originally working, so it re-colours as per the bar above to the team colours - nothing i do seems t change the behaviour so i'm giving up and will work on other things I can change!

Finally found out how to recolour the menubar down arrows, you'll need to edit this file found in the classes.fmf file; 'section_popup_button.xml' (you might also need to copy the config file from that folder over aswell to ensure the class file is re-read without having to restart FM.

In that file locate this line near the top:

<class class="section_popup_button" parent="menubar_popup_button">

and delete the menubar_ bit so the line now looks like:

<class class="section_popup_button" parent="popup_button">

As it appears the menubar_popup_button properties are hardcoded to use the team colours (it also seems to be a hardcoded class that we cannot edit/view either).

Now the game should take the arrow colour from the same xml file that controls the text colour (the various xml files located in \graphics\tabs\standard\normal\top), with the arrow being controlled by this line:

<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="secondary" />

Changing the red_replacement value to your colour of choice.

I found the same before i read that thread a few minutes ago, and i just see it right now ! :D

Now, we get a minor (?) issue using the solution you describes, that's why i choosed to rather recolour the "down" icon itself. The issue i'm talking about is that, by deleting "menubar" in the class tag, it won't allow anymore to load the panel at first when clicking on a menu. It simply loads the submenu without loading the main panel/link.

Any idea how to fix it ?

How it looks now after i recoloured the down icon (actually, regardless the colour you try, it will always looks black)...

down.png

Thought something looked off when I tested but couldn't work out what. There is likely to be a line of code in the menubar file that opens the screen when clicking the header but as we don't have access to that file I've no idea what it is, I think I've seen something that might work in one of the xml files somewhere other the years, but no idea where and there is nothing in any of the other class files that helps either.

• 2 weeks later...
Wondering if anyone can help.

on the image below can you tell me whats controlling the colour -

Firstly the sidebar -- the other squad text is recolouring to the primary colour of the team but only on the human controlled team, elsewhere it is white as intended

secondly the top bat - i have recoloured the text as gold but the down arrows are missing on the human controlled team and default to secondary team colour on other teams.

i am at a loss but probably missing something obvious!

2015-11-15_00001_zpsxg0seruf.jpg

buddie how did you manage to recolor that top bat text in gold?

just noticed that bit it also recolors match menubar text.

Is there any way to keep them recoloring separately?

There is a couple of things you need to do, first in the 'match title bar.xml' file locate this line:

<!--sections menu-->

<container class="menu_strip" id="tree" appearance="" offset="0" gap="0" inset="0" default_widget_type="section_button" submenu_type="section_popup_button" separator_type="picture">

And modify it to read:

<!--sections menu-->

<container class="menu_strip" id="tree" appearance="" offset="0" gap="0" inset="0" default_widget_type="section_button_match" submenu_type="section_popup_button_match" separator_type="picture">

Once you have done that you are going to need to edit the xml files found in the various subfolders within:

\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tabs\custom\match

In each of those xml files locate this line:

<colour id="colr" name="match text"/>

and change it to read:

<colour id="colr" name="secondary"/>

That will then set the colour the to competitions secondary (text) colour which is what would be shown by default, if you don't want the secondary colour to be used then just pick the colour you do want.

Text recolored fine (wanted it plain white instead of secondary so i just left <colour id="colr" name="match text"/> untouched). Problem is that colored bar below text (when a tab is selected) keeps recoloring into secondary no matter what i do.

Tried to change below values (in button.xml and button_showing.xml in \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tabs\custom\match) but the game seems to somewhat override that lines keeping competition secondary as main color.

<colour id="red_replacement" name="menu_highlight"/>

<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="match_icon"/>

<record id="secondary_icon_properties" red_replacement="match_icon"/>

So is there no solution to recolor that bar, like for the down arrow icons above, or am i missing something?

Yep looks like it's another stupid hardcoded thing :(

You can get rid of it by editing/replacing the graphic with a transparent graphic, but any actual design you use in the graphic will always recolour to the competitions secondary colour.

If you want to make the graphic transparent you'll need to edit the graphic located here:

\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tabs\custom\match\selected\top

You can either edit the files (remove the red bar) or just replace them with already transparent images.

only guessing here but you would need to change the icon xml to the other colour( secondary) of the team?

not at home so can't check, I know in my skin i recoloured them to a grey colour as the sidebar is always gold.

add that bit to your client object broswer.xml and everything will be fine

<!-- coloured actions bar image -->

<widget class="bordered_box" id="ACTb" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper" red_replacement="primary" green_replacement="primary"/>

Depends on what the original skinner has done if they have changed how the titlebar is removed then have a look at this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/446086-FM16-MOD-Kit-Titlebar-Colours-Mod You can either follow the instructions in that to recolour the actionbar in the same way, or you can reverse the instructions for recolouring the titlebar to get back the default recolouring.

What changes did you make as none of them should have affected the match title bar. If the skinner has customized the match titlebar then it depends on what changes they made, in the 'match title bar.xml' file see if there are some lines like this that have been commented out near the top of the file:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper" height="50" red_replacement="primary" green_replacement="primary">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right,extend" gap="0" offset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

If they been commented remove the comments to re-enable them, if aren't present then add them back in, if that doesn't work then you are best contacting the original skinner so they can talk you through what changes they made.

Archived