Keepers playing through broken finger?

"Michael Agazzi ((Boro keeper)) has suffered a broken finger, but it's the sort of thing he should be able to play through."

lol Should he? :D Doesnt seem right to me a keeper playing with a broken finger. Odd.

Anyways I left him on due to no subs left and he played well and suffered no injury afterwards...

I was about to mention this instance, and I think it's not the first time we've had it at Stoke in the last couple of seasons. He didn't miss any games due to it and I'm sure Begovic has done the same once before.

Quite often goalkeepers will play with a broken finger and just get it strapped up and packed out. However, I'd imagine if it were to happen in a match he'd have to be substituted for the remainder of that game? But if it was in training, or still broken for the next games he should be playable.

I use to play as a keeper and i wont forget playing with a broken finger for the whole match. What i did was tape it around with another finger. Yeah sure I had to be carefull not bending it totally but lucky for my defense they kept the ball away. -) ahhhhhh memories.

Archived