FM16: VfL WOLFSBURG

DirtyJoe

VfL WOLFSBURG

Bundesliga

OIVbk5v.jpg

2014-2105 SUMMARY

Finishing as strongly as they did last season was a surprise not only to outsiders but also to the fans of Wolfsburg. The obvious aim at the start of the season was to snatch a Champions League spot, which they agonisingly missed by just one point the previous season. Comfortably finishing second in addition to bringing home the club’s first-ever DFB Pokal trophy was the icing on the cake of an astounding season. Beyond those big achievements, making it to the quarterfinal of Europa League was also something to be proud of.

Wolfsburg were a very exciting team to watch last season. Their quick counterattacks, the transition between attack and midfield, the shrewd use of the width of the pitch with their fullbacks, and the staggering performance of the ‘assist-master’ Kevin De Bruyne all grabbed the attention of many clubs across the continent. All of these factors were indicative of the rise of a new German giant, perhaps one who could put a halt on Bayern Munich’s domestic dominance.

Dieter Hecking’s side had strength up front, with Bas Dost leading the line of attack and an exciting trio of attacking midfielders composed of Kevin de Bruyne, Daniel Caliguri, and Ivan Perisic behind him. In addition to that. Andre Schürrle joined this pack after the winter break. Despite not living up to his own high standards, his acquisition is a suggestion of the club’s big plans for the future. Dost finished the season only three goals shy of top scorer Alexander Meier. He heated up the goal-scoring engine after the winter pause, grabbing goals left, right. and center for the Wolves. The architect was the baby-faced, red-haired De Bruyne, who went on to break the Bundesliga’s record of assists in a season. Whom has now been made the move across to Manchester City for a staggering €75M

The team was a strong unit who made sure that they put their possession to good use by putting the ball into the opposition’s danger area, but their weakness is present at the back line. They managed to keep just eight clean sheets in 34 Bundesliga games, which, if you think about it, is not so great for such a high finisher.

Full Club Name: VfL Wolfsburg

Nickname: Die Wölfe

Founded: 12 September 1945

Ground: Volkswagen Arena

Colours: Green and White

Rivals: Hannover 96 and Eintracht Braunschweig

2014-15 Finishes

Bundesliga: Runners Up

DFB Pokal: Champions

Europa League: Quarterfinalists

Top Goal Scorer: Bas Dost (20 goals in all competitions, 16 in Bundesliga

THE CLUB

After a period of highs and lows following their lone Bundesliga title, Wolfsburg are on their way back to the top. With a cup victory and a Champions League place, they are now considered one of the big teams in Germany, and the expectations are getting higher by the season. Wolfsburg fans have a lot to be excited about, stability after some frequent manager changes, a squad that is building towards a genuine challenger to Bayern Munich and Dortmund.

NEW ARRIVALS

Wolfsburg have spent €18.2 million in the summer transfer market.

• Peruvian midfielder Carlos Ascues arrived from Melgar Arequipa for a fee of €1.5 million.
  • Swiss midfielder/left back (and Ricardo Rodriguez’s brother) Francisco Rodriguez arrived from Zurich for a fee of €1.2 million.
  • Forward Max Kruse from Borussia Monchengladbach comes for a fee of €12 million. (Source betinf.com)
  • Bayern Munich Brazilian defender Dante €3.5 million

FINANCES

The club has an overall balance of £96 million and with Champions League qualification this season, is forecasting to grow to £172 million.

Transfer Budget : £17,900,000 (90% of transfer revenue is made available)

Wage Budget: £1,169,058 (per week)

MANAGEMENT

Klaus Allofs

Director of Football

Klaus has been the Director of Football at Wolfsburg since 2012 and favours National players.

Fabian Wohlgemuth

Head of Youth Development

Fabian joined Wolfsburg in 2011 as a scout, but soon after his arrival took up the vacant Youth Development role. With a keen eye on talent, has seen the likes of Robin Knocke and Max Arnold through his program.

Pierre Littbarski

Chief Scout

Littbarski has been ever presence at the Wolfs, occupying servers from Assistant manager on 2 occasions and interim manager after Felix Magath’s departure in 2011.

Dirk Bremser

Assistant Manager

Joined in 2013 after spells at Nuremberg and rivals Hannover, whom he spent 4 years at. He is very well accomplished number 2.

Gunter Pfeiler

Head Physio

Mr Pfeiler has seen many managers come and go at his time with the club. The longest serving backroom man, has been around since 1998.

THE SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS

The club current has 2 goalkeepers in the squad with Max Grun at Wolfsburg II.

Team Rating: Good

Potential Signings: Timo Horn (Koln),Loris Karius (Mainz), Tim Krul (Newcastle)

Diego Benaglio - (Club Captain)

Since joining from Portuguese club Nacional de Maderia, he's has established himself has the number 1 keeper and club captain. Unfortunately will miss the first 3 months of the season.

Koen Casteels

Joined from Hoffenheim reserves team last season, but was quickly sent out on load to Werder Bremen, making just the 6 appearances. Will be captains understudy this season, and likely to see action at the start of the campaign and cup matches later in the season.

Max Grün

Grun is very accustomed in his back role at the club, but the lack of appearances has certainly stifled his development.

3saLUjM.jpgARznz7w.jpgkijyoOY.jpg

Diego Benaglio / Max Grün / Koen Casteels

DEFENDERS

Team Rating: Average

Potential Signings: Matthias Ginter (Dortmund),Joel Matip (Schalke), Ezequiel Garay (Zenit)

Dante Bonfirm Costa Santos

A well known name in German football arriving from Bayern Munich. Will add much need experience at the back along side fellow compatriot Naldo.

Ronaldo Aparecido Rodrigues (Naldo)

Since arriving from Werder Bremen, Naldo has been very much apart the stabilising factor for the Wolfsburg defensive last year. Will most likely need to be rotated a bit this season, with the additional Champions Leagues matches.

Robin Knoche

Future German international has an impressive break through year in 2014/2015 and will again be at the heart of the defensive.

Timm Klose

Has seen little action since arriving in 2013 from Nurnberg for £5 million. only appearing 22 times, has only been used as a back up player to Naldo & Knoche. May be time to move on.

yQknE77.jpgbVDMGeI.jpgUszgNMf.jpguZksfVg.jpg

Dante / Naldo / Robin Knoche / Timm Klose

Sebastian Jung

A recent addition to the team from Frankfurt for £2 million, is ready to break through and become a regular international.

Christian Trasch

A very difficult 2014/2015 season, with Jung and Vieirinha preferred at right back. Trash found himself relegated back to the No.II team. But a versatile player non the less.

Ricardo Rodriguez

Has sensationally rose to stardom over the past 2 season. A key player in the Wolf’s line up. Will once again be the one to watch, has he will attract interest from all the major clubs. Quickly re-sign and remove the minimum release fee within his contract. No need to sell.

Marcel Schafer

A long time servant to the club, a solid cover for Rodriguez at left back and cover the midfield as well. With 2 years remaining on his current contract, it may time to release?

aptyb4F.jpgDk1mRqi.jpgi9bw0wn.jpg9xUxan5.jpg

Sebastian Jung / Christian Trasch / Ricardo Rodriguez / Marcel Schafer

MIDFIELDERS

Team Rating: Average

Potential Signings: Granit Xhaka (BMG), Yannick Gerhardt (Koln), Ruben Neves (Porto)

w9QOMz9.jpgl0zWB5B.jpgGnboMVH.jpgO1bx08P.jpg

Carlos Ascues / Luiz Gustavo / Josha Guilavogui / Julian Draxler

Carlos Ascues

New signing, which will add some much needed cover to the midfield for the likes Gustavo and Guliavigui.

Luiz Gustavo

A post season Knee op, will take some time to return to fitness, but Gustavo will be instrumental in covering the back four. A fantastic leader who needs support around him.

Josuha Guilavogui - Loanee

Entering the second season of his 2 season loan deal, Guilavogui will need to impress early if there is any chance of making his loan permanent. Early suggestions, he lacks the technical requirements to compliment the teams play, and could struggle to hold down a regular place.

Julian Draxler

A almost like for like replacement for KDB. The highly talented Draxler will have a lot of expectation on him early, but with already 15 caps, will handle the pressure. He suits the teams style of play and will compliment Bas Dost & Kruse up front.

HotAfOz.jpg0wnsCKK.jpgQX9eC8I.jpgg10fH4v.jpgOJQuBaI.jpg

Francisco Rodriguez / Daniel Caligirui / Andre Schurle / Maximillan Arnold / Vierininha

Francisco Rodriguez

Brother of Ricardo, is an immense talent like is brother. At 19, will be nurtured into the team carefully this season. With his best football coming late on.

Daniel Caligiuri

Its taken 2 season, but 26 year old Caliguri finally won over many fans after last season stellar performances. Will feature heavily in the coming season either on the left or his favour right. It allows Vieriniha to be used at right back, with devastating runs out wide.

Andre Schurle

Arriving in the January transfer window, Schurle a well capped international who adds the class to the forward pack. Playing left, right or as out and out forward, Schurle has unpredictable runs that can open up defensives.

Maximillan Arnold

An almost carbon copy of Schurle. Still needs to hold down a first team place, but an excellent player whom will be a first choice cover or an off the bench player.

Vieriniha

Although a natural winger, has spent much time as an attacking right back, which is probably his best position and a starter in front of Jung. Can also play on the left if needed.

FORWARDS

Team Rating: Good

Potential Signings: Pione Sisto (FC Midtjylland)

Aj0g2ED.jpgaoNqMHY.jpghLkWvDj.jpg

Max Kruse / Nickla Bendtner / Bas Dost

Max Kruse

A new arrival from Borussia Monchengladbach scoring 11 from 34 starts last season. Kruse can play a multiple of roles across the front, thus allow for flexibility in tactics as needed.

Nickla Bendtner

Limited playing time last year as a result from Bas Dost’s form, especially after Christmas. With the arrival of Kruse, he drop further down the pecking order. Bendtner is still a well accomplished player and surprise a few teams with his presence.

Bas Dost

Last season key man for the team up front. A rich vein of form in the latter part of the season was one of the main reasons Wolfsburg were able to hold onto 2nd spot. He is a mobile towering forward with great off the ball movement which is difficult to man mark.

PHILOSOPHY

The team plays in a strict 4-2-3-1 formation, with fullbacks Ricardo Rodriguez and Vierinhia being allowed to join the attack with their pace and skill on the ball, while the two midfielders in front of the back four covered for them. This may not be the case in the new season. The arrival of striker Max Kruse from ️Borussia Mönchengladbach might tempt Hecking into thinking about a new strategy, as this opens the chance for playing him and Dost with a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 formation.

A version of a 442 with a deep lying Kruse playing behind Dost is well suited to the players on hand. Schurle on the left with Caligiuri on the right cutting in, allows for Vieirinha to roam out wide from fullback.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

Once again this season the teams fortunes will be determined by the quality up front. Kruse, Dost, Draxler,Schurle, & Caliguri. The youthful Arnold paired with the experience of Gustavo will yield beneficial results. But this also the weakness of the squad. No quality cover in the midfield available, which will be tested, if not addressed sooner rather than later.

Wolfsburg’s home record last season was outstanding, thus making the Arena a fortress, which the side is well suited in playing. Teamed with a fast counter attacking style should fair well when away.

Once again the defence and midfield cover looks a area of concern. The signing of Dante has gone a long way in strengthening the area, but their is still room for improvement.

• Quality central midfielder who can tackle & pass.
  • Another quality forward, who can run at the defence.
  • A high potential back up for Rodriguez at left back.

TRANSFER STRATEGY

I am mainly targeting German U21 players during this season, as to move on established players such as Bendtner, Schafer, Naldo and maybe Gustavo due to wages. New signings this season, will get tutored and the occasional cup matches. I may need to bring a quality International, if one can be found at a reasonable price.

Transfers In -

Total Spend - €

Players Out

Total - €

JUNE - AUGUST

Results

Friendlies were a mixed bag, mainly getting players to the required fitness levels. Played very well for an unlucky loss in the Supercut final against Bayern Munich, with much of the side still working hard towards readiness for the season ahead. New players Kruse, Dante & Draxleer still finding tough going settling into the team, with extra work on Team Cohesion a major training focus.

bt2S9Za.png

Transfer Activity

Not much to report, but a couple of early moves for Gokhan Gul (Bochum) & Kermin Memija (Zeljeznicar) for the under 19's, with minimal outlay, they have the potential to future First Teamer's. Nicklas Bendtner went on the last day in a move to Schalke, after not being able to establish himself in the first team through the friendlies.

Future Targets

• Granit Xhaka (MGB) - Injured all pre-season, so will track him until the January transfer window.
  • Davie Selke (Leipzig) - Having just moved their from Werder Bremen, will have to wait until the end of the season.
  • Pione Sisto (FC Midtjylland) - The Danes are asking fro a whopping $15 million, so will have to be patient.
  • Louis Schuab (SK Rapid Wien) - Want $7.5 million, a tad high just yet, will try and unsettle for a January snatch.
  • Sergio Diaz (Cerro Porteno) - 17 year old Paraguayan, will arrive at the end of the season $325K
  • Thilo Keher (Shcalke) - a good defensive prospect.

SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER

Results

A terrific 2 goal come against Man Utd at home for a well earned draw, but have really struggled for wins. The defence has been somewhat leaky after getting into winning positions on a number of occasions. Kruse remains the league's top scorer at the end October with 10 from 10. Whilst Schurle & Caligiuri have stand out performers. Defensively Gustavo has been very dominant, but 2 red cards has his value to the team reduced. I will look to offload during January.

Ricardo Rodriguez has been largely disappointing at Left Back, and I am now detailing on how I have him set up with the team. I have conceded a total of 22 goals thus far and 8 are coming from his flank. So i need to sort this out.

ROxwxeO.png

NOVEMBER-JANUARY

Results

A win in Group C of the Champions League of Benfica helped secure us through to the next round. We are slowly getting better, and turning potential draws into wins. Kruse upfront has been in sensational form leading the league in scoring with 14 goals. Drawler & Schurle are the next best scorers behind Kruse. Dost when given opportunities off the bench has been good enough to support Kruse up front. However for Dost I am playing a 4411, and occasionally change to a 442 when he comes on.

b0oNTET.png

January Transfer Window

Withe the window open, this gave me a good opportunity to add some strength to to our midfield. However a few events created a stimulus for further changes -

Transfers Out

• Diego Benaglio - With his current contract due to expire and increase wage demands. I tool the opportunity to sell to Watford $2.7 million.
  • Timm Klose - Not getting enough game time, as he was a back up player, moved to Watford also for $3 million.
  • Marcel Schafer - Like Klose, was found to much time sitting on the bench and no game time. Koln $250K
  • Luiz Gustavo - Arsenal came in with a solid offer of $15 million up front and $7.5 million over 12 months, with 3 red cards thus far, i took the offer. Arsenal $22.5 million

Total - $28.3 million

Transfers In

• Timo Horn (Koln) $6.5 million - A natural home grown replacement for Benaglio.
  • Lucas Romero (Velez) $925K - With his contracting expiring, was to come in the summer, but purchased now.
  • Adam Maher (PSV) $1.8 million - Maher had been transfer listed by PSV, and was a perfect addition to the squad to create further competition for Draxler up front.
  • Ignacio Camacho (Malaga) $14.25 million - Gustavo's direct replacement, the one time Spanish international adds the grunt to the midfield, with less Red Cards I am hoping.

Total In - $23.8 million

A good window, picking up $5 million profit from sales.

I started a save with Wolfsburg. Going through pre-season. Kept the squad as is but bought Joe Allen for €22mn plus add ons as I needed someone more creative but also robust in midfield. Seems we have mostly destroyers in the middle.

I tried for Xhaka and Yannick (Köln) but they asked for €50mn.

I'm playing a 4141 as well as a 4411 depending on situation. Draxler picked up an injury during pre-season and is out for 4 months, which will give Schürrle and Arnold a chance to shine.

Dante, Gustavo should be back within the week, while Begnalio is out still for a while.

First serious game coming up - DFB Supercup vs. Bayern.

He only came back from injury but so far each game a yellow.

I will look into Rodriguez' contract.

So far so good.

Lost against Bayern 1-0 in the Supercup.

Won against TSV 1860 Muenchen 3-0 in the 1. Round DFB Pokal. (Bendtner 2 goals??? :o)

Won 1-0 against Frankfurt in the first Bundesliga game.

Waiting on Benaglio to return in the next week or so.

Draxler is the only long-term injury so far.

Kruse back also within the week.

Usual Line-Up:

----------------Kruse-------------

Schuerrle--Allen--Guilav.--Calig.

-------------Gustavo-----------

R.R.----Dante----Naldo-----Vierinha

-------------Casteels---------

Beat Mainz 4-3 and then lost to Hoffenheim 3-0.

Transfer deadline day came and passed and the day after, English window was still open and Arsenal paid R. Rodriguez' release clause 30mn. Then they bid for L. Gustavo 27mn and I let him go. I don't mind about L. Gustavo but losing R. Rodriguez is a blow, especially since I cannot replace him right now despite having over 40mn as transfer budget.

Beat Mainz 4-3 and then lost to Hoffenheim 3-0.

Transfer deadline day came and passed and the day after, English window was still open and Arsenal paid R. Rodriguez' release clause 30mn. Then they bid for L. Gustavo 27mn and I let him go. I don't mind about L. Gustavo but losing R. Rodriguez is a blow, especially since I cannot replace him right now despite having over 40mn as transfer budget.

Try Witteck from 1860 Munchen

I have restarted my save, as I want to really build strong national based squad, which is focused on bringing players through the U19's and Wolfsburg II team (U21's). So with that in mind, here a few self imposed principals and aims for this save, that i will develop into philosophies within the game mechanics.

a9tfBes.png?2

TRANSFER PROTOCOLS

• Sign youth players, under 21 from home Nation (Germany)
  • Players from Poland & Austria permitted to be signed.
  • Sign players that speak German.
  • If signing players outside the above, Rule #1, must already be capped in first team. Rule #2, must be under 18, as to qualify for club grown player before age 21.
  • Only permitted to sign one player per season outside the above protocol's, and must be capped at senior level.

10 YEAR PLAN

• To be ranked #1 in the Club Coefficients - Current Ranking (67th) - Current Number 1 (Real Madrid)

5 YEAR PLAN

• Champions League Winner

3 YEAR PLAN

• Bundesliga Winner

SEASON 1, SEPTEMBER 2015

Day 1, having assessed our backroom staff and current/future requirements, a number of positions were made redundant. A reshaped Scouting Network was the first priority -

SCOUTING & TRANSFER TEAM

Current Rank: 2nd in the league

Director of Football: Klaus Allofs

Chief Scout: Norbert Ziegler

Senior Scouts: Rudi Wojtowicz, Thomas Kost, Wolfgang Geiger, Husnija Fazlic, Dirk Dufner, Uli Mohr, Andres Steppat, John Pohlmann

COACHING TEAM

zCxG0WI.png

Senior Squad Assistant Manager: Manfred Dubski

Senior Head of Youth Development: Fabian Wohlgemuth

Senior Squad Goalkeeping Coach: Andreas Hilfiker

Senior Squad Fitness Coach: Markus Zetlmesel

Senior Squad Fitness Coach: Oliver Schmidtlein

Senior Squad Coach: Carsten Jancker

Senior Squad Coach:Ton Lokhoff

Senior Squad Coach:Otto Addo

Note: Tried to sign German speaking coaches.

UNDER 19 COACHING TEAM

30Bzzjd.png

Manager: Hagen Schmidt

Goalkeeping Coach: Pascal Formann

Goalkeeping Coach: Klaus-Peter Nemet

Fitness Coach: Josef Gehmaier

Coach: Alexander Zickler

Coach: Kurt Niedermayer

WOLFSBURG II TEAM

EAaDu1T.png

Senior Manager: Valerien Ismael

Assistant Manager: Rudiger Ziehl

Goalkeeping Coach: Norman Becker

Fitness Coach: Vacant

Coach: Vacant

TRANSFER ACTIVITY - JULY/AUGUST

Squad Balance - The current squad was suited to a 4231 formation, but lacked sufficient cover in the midfield. I intend to use a 4123 formation with inside forwards, as this is where my current best players are. I have 1 too many forwards in Kruse, Dost & Bendtner, so Bendtner will leave. Schurle & Arnold can cover if needed in a pinch.

Under 19 Squad - The team needs investment if I am to produce future first teamers. Targets will focus on covering future first team player positions.

Woflsburg II Squad - No investment required. Team to be used for return to fitness and to cover first team requirements between loans for over 19's and under 21's. If a player who reach 21 hasn't made the first team, they will be sold for future investment.

TRANSFERS OUT

Tim Klose (Norwich) $5M - Excess requirements and would struggle for matches.

Nicklas Bendtner (Schalke) $5M - Needed to release a forward due to our formation.

Marcel Schafer (Hannover) $325K - Surplus requirements.

Vieirinha (Chelsea) - $8.5M - Difficult decision, due to his versatility.

Diego Benaglio (Watford) $5M - Took a lot of criticism from the supporters in selling the club captain. But needed to do so, with plenty of goalkeepers in the squad.

Bas Dost (Dormund) $12M - A transfer day sale, $12M was too good to turn down for Dost.

Total Income: $35.82M

TRANSFERS IN

Leon Krapf (Nurnberg) $275K - (GK) 17 year old keeper.

Maximillian Wittek (1860 Munchen) $2M - (WBL) 20 year old left back, comes in to replace Schafer and understudy to R.Rodriguez.

Renat Dadachov (RB Leipzig) $875K - 16yr old very promising forward.

Paul Grauschopf (Furth) $525K - 17yr old Towering defender.

Tom Baack (Bochum) $550K - 16yr old defender/midfielder

Sven Bender (Dortmund) $9.5M - Capped at senior level, adds needed depth.

Gokhan Gul (Bochum) $500K - 17yr old defensive midfielder.

Andrija Zivkovic (Partizan) $2.9M - 19yr old already capped. After scoring a hat-trick against us, we signed.

Niklas Dorsch (FC Bayern II) $1.3M - 17yr old, has already made debut in senior team.

Joel Veltman (Ajax) $5.75M - 23yr old Dutch player, capped 7 times. has made a couple of brief appearances, but sidelined with injury.

Lukas Teodorczyk (Dynamo Kyiv) $10M - Dost's replacement. The Polish forward looks a real gem, will push Kruse.

Total Spent: $40.67M

SEASON 1, JANUARY 2015

In a solid start to the season with a nil all draw away to Dortmund, set up the next 3 games. Gladbach have been sensational this season and are running with Bayern & ourselves for equal top. Leverkusen, Stuttgart, Schalke and Dortmund make up the top 7, with not much separating the sides.

Max Kruse & Andre Schurle have been remarkably good up front, with Teodorczyk finding his feet in the lead up to the Christmas break, including a fine hatrick against Stuttgart.

TOP GOAL SCORERS

Max Kruse 14 (19)

Andre Schurle 12 (24)

Lukasz Teodorczyk 6 (9)

3dM5Ao8.png

lFVRf74.png

SEASON 1, MAY 2016

December saw us knocked out of the Champions League Group phase with a 1 all draw against Sporting at home. Then our form stutter somewhat against second division team Sandhausen, which required a penalty shout out to see us through.

Resuming after the winter break, we struggled against Darmstadt, but worked hard at home for a 1 nil win over Dortmund who were having there own struggles this season. Then a 3 game losing streak, which cost us more points. We ran into Dortmund again in the Second Round of the Europa League, with youngster Zivkovic getting brace away from home.

Finally finishing a solid runner up's to Bayern in the league. Schurle & Kruse leading the goal scoring, but Teodorczyk is starting to impress and will push Kruse for a starting place in the side.

25diZp8.png

k54c8zC.png

UNDER 19's

The under 19's won their group by a point over Dortmund. We have signed a handful of youth players to compliment the current group, a good number of these will be ready for first team action by the time they are 18.

LurqTHs.png?1

10 YEAR PLAN

• To be ranked #1 in the Club Coefficients - Current Ranking (67th) - Current Number 1 (Real Madrid)
  • 2016 Club Coefficient Ranking - 35th

5 YEAR PLAN

• Champions League Winner
  • 2016 - Group Stages

3 YEAR PLAN

• Bundesliga Winner
  • 2016 - Runner Up

SEASON 2, SEPTEMBER 2016

TRANSFER ACTIVITY - JULY/AUGUST

Squad Balance- Overall I am pretty happy with the squad from last season. We have good depth and cover for all positions, and I am mindful that have some talented under 19 players that will be ready to break into the side later this season. Currently running with a squad of 22, including 2 goalkeepers and 2 youth players - Azzaoui & Diaz whom will get starts in the domestic cup, Francisco Rodriguez will need to have to break into the team this season, at least as rotation player, he is maintaining fitness with the Wolfsburg II side.

Under 19 Squad- Invested heavily with 8 new players into the squad all ageing between 14-16 yr olds, Total investment $4.5million

TRANSFERS OUT -

Luis Gustavo - (Arsenal) - $19M - Was being targeted by Man City, so I offered out at $20m.

Daniel Galigiuri (Mainz) - $1.3M - Struggled to force his way into the side last season, thus having limited appearances.

Patrick Drews (Darmstadt) - $10K - II side keeper, who was out on loan.

Koen Casteels (Sunderlan) - $1.5M - Never really had an opportunity at the club.

Total Income - $20.8 million

TRANSFERS IN

Sebastian Robe (FC Bayern) - $7.5M - Transfer listed, easily covers Gustavo's role as the holding midfielder.

U19's Transfers -

Sergio Daiz (Cerro Porteno) - $775K - False 9/inside forward already for the first team squad.

Markus Meyer (Freiburg) - $550K - 15yr Defensive midfielder.

IIario Billone (Bochum) - $230K -15yr Centre back, looks like a solid squad player, needs some developing.

Matthias Schneider (Fürth) - $600k - A carbon copy of Rodriguez at left back.

Hrvoje Mikix (Furth) - $600k - 15yr already well developed forward.

Selim Dag (Furth) - $350K - 15yr old forward, with massive potential.

Florian Grabovac (Furth) - 15yr old centre back, stats already key.

Hicham Messaoudi (Kasierslautern)- $700K - Key defensive midfielder.

Total Spent $11.75 million

• 1 month later...

I picked this save up again and am just past the October international break. Sitting in 10th but not too many points behind the top.

Our form has slumped due to injuries, a horrific schedule, and some really bad luck. For example, I just played Koeln and we dominated while Timo Horn had an excellent game. Unfortunately, as it always happens, they scored from a corner and won 1-0. Next game against Werder we score early on and then force them to an own goal, only for them to come back - Ujah being about 10 meters offside and standing right next to the goalie for a cross got his goal counted... and then Pizarro with a header from a corner again (Seems I concede most from set pieces). I scheduled a friendly during the break to improve morale but then of course the next games are against Bayern and then Real Madrid in the champions league. Bayern dominated but again we got unlucky with Schuerrle finishing an excellent move but was ruled offside. They won 2-0.

This is how the past couple games have been going. Usually a draw or a loss in the end through a set piece.

Injuries:

Max Kruse - still another 2 weeks or so out

Draxler - finally returned now getting his match sharpness back

Bendtner - out for 3 weeks

Joe Allen - out for 4 weeks

Casteels - out for 4 weeks

With Draxler and Kruse shortly back I expect our fortunes to return. I am desperately scouting for a left back and need to move on that in the winter transfer window.

Schuerrle has been shining as a striker with Caligiuri and Vierinha on the flanks and Arnold behind the striker. Dante has been a big let down, averaging around 6.62.

I brought in a free transfer as a left back back up - Joao Vitor - a bit older but with the right attributes in case I need a back up.

Current Formation and Starting 11 (4411):

ST - Schuerrle/Dost

AMC - Arnold/Rodriguez

ML - Caligiuri/Schuerrle

MCL - Guilavogui/Ascues/Traesch

MCR - Allen/Guilavogui

MR - Vierinha/Caliguiri

FBL - Schaefer/Vitor

CDL - Dante/Klose

CDR - Knoche/Naldo

FBR - Jung/Traesch

GK - Benaglio/Casteels/Gruen