[FM16][GUIDE] How To Stop the Blurring Effect

michaeltmurrayuk

2016_guide.png

How To Stop the Blurring Effect

A new feature in Football Manager 2016 is a blurring effect that displays when the main screen isn't in focus (i.e. when processing, saving or responding to a popup), however if you don't like this effect then it is simple enough to disable.

The first thing you need to do is extract a couple of the default game files, if you don't know how to do this see this guide: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure

If you are using a Full Mode Skin then you want to extract the contents of this folder:

\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

If you are using one of the Touch Mode Skins then you want to extract the contents of this folder:

\skins\fmc\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

If you are using the default skins then you can download the relevant Base Skin which saves you having to extract the files as I have included them with the Base Skins.

Inside these folders will be a paper.xml file if you open this you will see the following line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

To disable the blurring all you need to do is change true to false:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"/>

Then save the file and if FM16 is running reload your skin and the blurring should now be gone.

blurred.pngunblurred.png

On the left is an example of the blur enabled as default whilst the right image is with the blurring disabled.

---

Redistribution Terms

You are free to post this content to your website provided:

1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.

2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.

3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

If you are using a custom skin then you need to extract the default files, instructions on how to do this are in the guide linked to in the opening post.

If you are using the default skins, then just download and switch to the relevant base skin and the file you need to edit will be located in the \graphics\boxes\dialog\background folder for the base skin you have downloaded.

• 4 weeks later...

Neither can I, and I have searched all over. The blurring is really doing my head in and making me not want to play right now. :/

EDIT:

Made an effort and read the FM15 how-to thread. Managed to get the file I needed and edited...however, I must have done something wrong. The game is just sitting on the Loading splash screen, telling me it's loading in every language.

EDIT 2: Fixed loading issue...but, the blur is still there.

EDIT 3: After reloading the skin, and switching to the white skin...the blur stopped. Switched back to black skin, had the blur. Cleared the Cache (should have done long ago) and all is now good. No more blur, and I can finally play FM16!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How to remove blurring effect on custom skin ( Wannachupbrew FM16)? I can't find graphics\boxes\dialog\background folder?

I saw that someone said to extract default base skin, but what to to next? Should I copy that file in custom skin or what?

Thanks! Now I understand more about skinning. Just one more question about blurring. I took paper.xml from given location, changed value to false and saved it and now I dont know where to put it in my default skin? Also, where to put other panels when I edit them? I am thinking panels folder (for paper.xml and for other panels), but want to be sure? ;)

Done, looking good so far. Thanks mate, you have been of great help. Not just for this litle thing, but for whole understating how things work. :)

Neither can I, and I have searched all over. The blurring is really doing my head in and making me not want to play right now. :/

EDIT:

Made an effort and read the FM15 how-to thread. Managed to get the file I needed and edited...however, I must have done something wrong. The game is just sitting on the Loading splash screen, telling me it's loading in every language.

EDIT 2: Fixed loading issue...but, the blur is still there.

EDIT 3: After reloading the skin, and switching to the white skin...the blur stopped. Switched back to black skin, had the blur. Cleared the Cache (should have done long ago) and all is now good. No more blur, and I can finally play FM16!

How did you fixed loading issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, Hope someone can help me as i'm struggling with this panel.

(Currently working on a light skin)

1 - What's the name for this panel?

2 - How to fix the unreadable parts?

struggling.JPG

Archived