dafuge on tour again

dafuge

67rxZ7l.jpg

After a series of one club saves it was time for a change, so I've gone back to something I've not done since FM11, a tour around Europe.

Game Setup

I've loaded all the divisions from the English leagues, plus the top two divisions from a number of other top European leagues. I've also added a number of players from each continent to bulk up the database to around 84250 players.

I'm starting unemployed, but I plan on starting my career in my home country by taking a job in the Conference North/South. From there, my only plan is to look for new clubs in order to progress my career.

Manager Profile

I've got no coaching qualifications and Sunday League experience. I've gone for the tactical manager role, as I think that best suits my style of play. I intend on playing my favourite 4-4-2 wide diamond formation, although my tactics will be worked on from scratch with my first club so it may take a while to get going.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I couldn't remember your previous journeyman save but turns out that was around the time I started browsing and posting in the forum. Having a look at that brought back some memories.

Good luck, but I can't believe you went for the direct rivals of your previous club!

Good luck, but I can't believe you went for the direct rivals of your previous club!

It was a bit of a weird one, but I never considered Concord as rivals as I don't remember ever playing them. Southend were the team I really thought of as the bigger rivals, just a shame FM15 didn't have dynamic rivalries.

Concord Rangers - Vanarama National League South - 2015/16

I took this job right at the end of the year with the club sat in the relegation zone, so staying up was the only aim for the season.

League Table - we did it! It was more down to the poor form of Maidenhead, but we managed to stay up despite winning just one of our final seven matches.

FA Trophy - this had happened before I took the job.

FA Cup - as had this.

Squad - this is pretty much the squad I inherited, it is still very weak for this division.

Transfers - just three signings made by me, two of them look like decent players.

Finances - this has been a struggle, it may mean I'm limited on transfers next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Leon Gordon - remained the top scorer for the season, despite tearing a hamstring on the day I took the job.

Juanjo Muko - this is the man I signed to score the goals.

Ben Greenhalgh - 'Football's Next Star' Inter Milan legend. Or not.

Nathan Fox - a solid defender for this level.

Lewis Taaffe - a decent winger, was missed through injury at the end of the season.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over on 30.12.2015

Next Season

Staying up was a huge relief as it means I get to continue with the job I have started. I've already signed a one year contract extension, so I'm looking forward to building a squad of my own over the summer, if the finances allow it.

Your (EQG) poacher looks decent. :thup:

10 goals in 15 appearances not too shabby at all for a team finishing just outside relegation zone.

Not bad for a player released by Southern Premier Arlesey :D

Atletico Madrid to Farnborough was an interesting move for him in 2013 :eek:

Concord Rangers - Vanarama National League South - 2016/17

In my first season at the club we narrowly avoided relegation, this season we were hoping for a safe mid table finish.

League Table - this looks good, but the graph tells the real story. We looked set to finish 3rd but the wheels fell off winning just three of our last sixteen matches.

FA Trophy - we did quite well against the team from the division above, but narrowly lost.

FA Cup - this was embarrassing as we lost to a team from the division below us.

Squad - the squad is shrinking as the finances get tight, it will be tough to afford players to improve.

Transfers - a few more signings this season as the squad slowly becomes my own.

Finances - we are a in a bit of trouble here.

Key Player Profiles:

Juanjo Muko - top scorer again but is leaving due to his contract expiring. He will be missed.

Mason Bloomfield - a new signing who may need to lead the line next season.

Scott Davies - signed due an injury to Cornhill, he could become a decent player.

Nathan Fox - it was such a relief when he signed a new contract.

Lewis Taaffe - another good season for the winger.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over on 30.12.2015
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          

Next Season

The finish to this season is a worry, so we need to start next season well. I was getting a few job offers from clubs in the same division, so I won't rule out a midseason move.

Concord Rangers - Vanarama National League South - 2017/18

We finished last season in terrible form, with a tiny squad and badly in debt. This season was not going to be fun.

League Table - down a place on last season, but not really a bad result. We had no consistency at all, but picked up enough occasional wins to keep us clear of relegation.

FA Trophy - two late goals knocked us out in our first match.

FA Cup - this is our only hope of making some money, but we keep on failing.

Squad - the best players are all leaving at the end of their contracts, replacing them will not be easy.

Transfers - two out of the five signings turned out to be decent.

Finances - things are getting worse. My only hope is to give up on signing decent players, but that will not end well.

Key Player Profiles:

Mason Bloomfield - this was a big surprise, and he's staying for next season.

Elliott Whitehouse - a great signing, but he's leaving soon.

Nikolay Todorov - another decent signing, also leaving.

Nathan Fox - consistently good, but leaving.

Scott Davies - one of the better players to be sticking around for next season.

Career Overview

2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          

Next Season

My contract runs out soon and I haven't been offered a new one, so I'm not really sure about next season. I'm not going to hassle the board about it, if they want me to stay then they need to make me an offer. If they don't, I'll leave when it expires.

Are you still sticking to the 4-4-2 wide diamond? I don't have FM16 but from what I've read around SI might've nerfed some of the things that made it work. Sounds as if people are leaning towards formations more solid at the base of midfield and on a more counter attacking style (though it should still be possible to play different branches of football).

Are you still sticking to the 4-4-2 wide diamond? I don't have FM16 but from what I've read around SI might've nerfed some of the things that made it work. Sounds as if people are leaning towards formations more solid at the base of midfield and on a more counter attacking style (though it should still be possible to play different branches of football).

I'm sticking with it.

We have played some good football at times, just don't have good enough players to really make it work.

Archived