FM 16 skin - disable recolouring

piter09

Hello, I'm trying to change skin for the 1st time.

I want to set the colour of the top menu bar and those search results and disable recolouring.

Any help?? Thank you

If you just want to stop the titlebar from being recoloured at all, it's a simple change.

First you'll need to extract the following default files and copy them into the panels folder for your skin (If you don't know how to extract the files read this: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure:

\skins\fm\panels\client object browser.xml

\skins\fm\panels\header.xml

\skins\fm\panels\titlebar.xml

panels\titlebar search panel.xml

Next to recolour the titlebar background open the header.xml file and locate the three bits of code that look like this:

red_replacement="primary"

and change the primary value to the colour of your choice. (If you need a list of colour names then check the settings file in the base skins for a list of them).

Next open the titlebar.xml file and locate the two bits of code that look like this to stop the quick flicks being recoloured:

red_replacement="secondary"

and again change the value to a different colour name.

To change the text colour open titlebar search panel.xml and locate the colour="secondary" and red_replacement="secondary" bits and again change the names to a different colour.

To recolour the actions bar it's the same again this time open the client object browser.xml file and locate the bits that look like this: red_replacement="primary" green_replacement="primary" and again assign them to different colours.

If you are wanting to disable the contrast tweaking it can be done but is more complicated, as the recolouring code has changed this year, however you can revert it back to the old code that removes the contrast check on the recolouring.

Easiest way to do it is to compare the FM16 files (from above) with the FM15 ones so you can see what to set them back to.

Some of it would be similar to my above post locating the bits that are recoloured to the primary and secondary colours and changing them to fixed values.

Then for the background image and text colour its a case of re-enabling the old recolouring code and deleting any of the primary or secondary colour/replacement bits.

This code sets the background colour (i.e. Red for Man Utd):

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="tbcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="colr" />

</record>

And this code sets the text colour (i.e. White for Man Utd):

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="ttcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="colr" />

</record>

It's a case of looking for code like that in the FM15 files and then comparing the code to the FM16 code and transfering it over.

And one more question, the colour of dropdown search? I can't find it

That's because it's hidden away, found it eventually it's controlled by the paper.xml file located here:

\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\custom\interface\search

Inside the file locate these lines:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="dark accent"/>

<colour id="green_replacement" name="standard_button_shadow"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name="primary"/>

And then change the dark accent name to a different colour of your choice (you can also change the blue colour from primary aswell, but the default graphic doesn't contain any blue to be recoloured so only needed if using a custom skin).

The text colours are white and faded white by default, so if you aren't adjusting them pick a dark colour.

If you want to adjust the text colours they are controlled by the 'panels\predictive search list.xml' file in that file locate the lines that look like this:

<integer id="colour" value="white" />

<widget class="text" id="nore" height="20" colour="faded white"/>

And adjust the colour values to suit.

The titlebar background/text bit is easy enough to change, the action bar and back/next button look like they'll require a bit of work as they weren't recoloured in fm15, though it should be possible to set them back to the skin colour rather than the team colour.

So in plain text it should be possible to enable recolouring in FM15? like the action bar, nav buttons etc.

Archived