Confused with new scouting system

(Maybe it's not new but I didn't buy FM 15)

Scouting a player - if I press 'get scout report' will the player be scouted until he's 100% known? Or just the first initial report (about 28% it seems) and to get more I'll have to click scout again and again? Can I disable inbox messages until he's scouted up to 100%?

Scouts themselves - can't seem to assign anything from scout's profile. For example I wanted my worst scout to do opposition reports as I always did before. However going to his profile > assignments > assigning did nothing after pressing OK. I can only assign tasks from scouting > assign a new task but there I don't see an option to choose a specific scout. The game keeps auto assigning my 19/19 scout to opposition scouting and he's wasted there.

Thanks in advance.

I can answer the Scouting a player question from memory as I don't have the game open atm.

Get Scout Report is a quick report only. It's not anything in depth. So, he'll be quickly looked at and a report sent. You'll gain minor percentage points on your total knowledge of him.

You won't be able to get to 100% just by spamming reports though.

You can scout a player for several weeks/months - that will get you to 100 pct. During these weeks/months you will receive som intermediate reports, but you don't have to "spam" anything.

Another good trick reg. scouting is to look beyound Judging PA/CA. If your scouts have high Determination, Adaptability and Level of Discipline, they will gain knowledge of countries faster when sent on general scouting assignments.

Guys... Seriously... The "hecklers" is apparently so lazy they don't know the game well enough to give correct advice.

In Staff Responsibility -> Personal Assistant you can set how well someone should be scouted when using the one click.

Report Card is default, but you can set it to the full range of week/months.

Guys... Seriously... The "hecklers" is apparently so lazy they don't know the game well enough to give correct advice.

In Staff Responsibility -> Personal Assistant you can set how well someone should be scouted when using the one click.

To add to this, if you want to be able to choose who to assign to scout next opposition, you need to make sure that you are the one responsible for setting scouting assignments on the Staff Responsibilities page, not your Chief Scout or whomever.

Thanks for this, didn't buy FM15 and was really confused during the beta!

Thanks, that's better.

To add to this, if you want to be able to choose who to assign to scout next opposition, you need to make sure that you are the one responsible for setting scouting assignments on the Staff Responsibilities page, not your Chief Scout or whomever.
I can choose the scout (or leave it at "let chief scout decide who to send there") for all assignments except scouting the next opposition.

Really, how can I make scouts keep scouting players until they reach 100% knowledge?

In personal assistant I set it to 3 matches. Pressed get scout report on Vietto. 2 weeks later a report arrives, 40% complete. I check my scouting pool queue and he's not there, meaning scout just stopped scouting him though he's not done.

And also worth a mentioning: the length needed to fully scout a player depends mainly on the amount of knowledge of the country.

This means if you start scouting a player from an unknown country it can take weeks until you reach 100%.

Therefore I try to firstly scout a nation and afterwards players based in this nation.

It's annoying because it uses the attribute range i.e 13-15 and you can't search for certain types of players because if you look for a guy with minimum 13 of an attribute it won't include those within the ranges only those with the full knowledge of the attribute. I don't use attribute masking for this reason. Maybe they should change the search to a weighted search like player manager used to have. It probably does this in the search for player type but I haven't really used that much.

• 1 year later...

Very strange, one thing ... It has this new function called "Until complete knowledge" when you highlight a scout to make observation report ... There it appears that the task will last 3 months, but with a few days the scout completes 100% of the observation (few days). I think it's some Bug. In FM 16, what to do to achieve a 100% observation of a player.

Bug?

Not sure if this is a bug, but since the patch when I get a notice that my scout has "finished scouting a player" and the report says 100% knowledge, but there are still unknown pieces of info on the player. If I select again to "scout until full knowledge" it doesn't seem to work. But if I do a simple "get scout report" those areas of player knowledge are discovered. Definitely seems strange.

Archived