Football Manager Touch 2016 Feedback Thread

• Administrators

We want to hear your feedback on FM Touch. Tell us what you like, tell us what you don’t. But please remember to try and keep it civil and constructive. A lot of hard work not just from everyone at Sports Interactive, but also our numerous researchers around the World has gone into this game.

We just hope you enjoy it and that you have a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs in football management. And just remember - for every moment you want to pull your hair out or squeeze your mouse until it cracks, you’re likely to have one where you want to shout so loud you’ll wake the rest of the street. Well, unless you’re as tactically naïve as me that is.

Important links below:

Announcement can be found here – http://community.sigames.com/showthr...4#post10565904

FAQ can be found here – http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015

Please raise any issues you believe are bugs here – http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/519

Keep all your feedback in here for Touch mode :)

Enjoy!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An editor. just spent a couple of hours tweaking a few things in the editor and then a further 2 hours messing around, uninstalling and re downloading fm2016 as my changes were not appearing. now i see from this thread that the editor doesn't apply to FMT. Why? why can i not amend the db for that?

An editor. just spent a couple of hours tweaking a few things in the editor and then a further 2 hours messing around, uninstalling and re downloading fm2016 as my changes were not appearing. now i see from this thread that the editor doesn't apply to FMT. Why? why can i not amend the db for that?

You have never been able to use the editor with FMC, and no, you can't use custmoized databases with FMT either.

Shame there's no editor again, but are there any new out-of-the box leagues to partially compensate?

(I never understood why the Gibraltar add-on through Steam was not for FMT too, being an official SI update)

And I saw a thread about some new African national competitions (ANC for domestic based players being one): Can anyone confirm if these are present in FMT as well as the full fat version?

Good game this year - it keeps improving. I wish we could change the box which comes up when highlights aren't showing on pitch view l. Last year the left box was limited to action zones and I now have a choice of action zones or pro zone shots. I really just want Match Overview! Can't we have the same selection as the box on the right?

Great concept but two things stop it from working for me:

1) the on screen keyboard doesn't appear when I want to enter some text, for example my name in the manager creation screen.

2) scrolling up and down lists is a major pain in the backside. Is it that hard (genuine question, it might be for all I know!) to enable touch scrolling so I can just flick up and down the list, rather than trying to grab a scrollbar and drag it up and down?

I'm running the game on a Windows 10 tablet.

White Skin: When we select a player's key attributes for a certain role, please make it more visible - i.e.: actually highlight the attribute in a color (even if it has to be pink) that makes it nicely visible. FMC15 was partially an issue with that but it was partially based on each person's computer but in FMT16 as confirmed in the bugs forum, it is by design to just highlight the left side with a little bar (not very visible) - and I am not "that" old yet.

It would really help us out quickly seeing the important attributes.

Thank you.

I really like the demo but whats stopping me from buying the game is the opposition instructions. Personally I could have done without them but if they are here to stay then is it possible it can be fixed so you can just have them blank/turned off all the time or set it so the assistant manager auto allocates them?

If you start a career (touch mode 2016) with a team in the lowest regions of England and you promote with this team to the highest playing league, are you able to get also achievements?

a) if you change nothing except for the name

b) if you change only the kit

c) if you change reputation and supporter numbers

d) if you change everything

Because for me, the purpose of playing FM is to get all the achievements (and playing with the lowest teams and getting them to the top is more exciting)

• Administrators
Trying to download on iTunes, says item no longer available!

Please keep trying, this is likely due to the game being newly released and not yet propagated to servers.

Does the iPad version support custom logos/kits/player pictures? Or more importantly, will it ever? I know previous versions of FMH supported it and it really makes the experience that much better :)

FMH is a much more cut down game that uses much less memory that's needed for things like Facepacks. While they may have worked on FMH in the past custom graphics are not strictly supported as they can still cause issues for some users on particular hardware. Even on PC while it's possible to add them and there is Steam Workshop they are not supported where they cause issues for users running the game. Due to FM Touch pushing tablets to the limits I would say it's unlikely this would happen in the near future. But by all means that doesn't rule it out in future. Please add your wishes to the wish list thread.

• Administrators
I have downloaded football manager touch for iPad mini 2 and when I play a match day on classic 2d mode it's laggy yet if I play on standard 2d or 3d it doesn't lag. Anyone getting this?

Please post your issue here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/531-iOS-Bugs-Forum

Cross-save is amazing. The touch version on the tablet really has almost the same features as FMT on the computer.

I assume if I start a save on FMT on the PC, I need to stick to the nation limits and no edited databases to be cross-save compatible?

Cross-save is amazing. The touch version on the tablet really has almost the same features as FMT on the computer.

I assume if I start a save on FMT on the PC, I need to stick to the nation limits and no edited databases to be cross-save compatible?

That's right, you need to use the default database and leave the "Remove Nation and League Restrictions" box unticked when starting an FMT save on PC in order for the game to be cross-save compatible :)

Using iPad 2 mini...

Don't seem to be able to double-tap & drag to multi select as I could in FMC15 - is there another way.

Also having trouble re-sizing in match info windows - tbf it ain't great in full fat version for PC either.

Thanks - that's a downgrade from FMC15 then! Surely the wrong direction?

Hopefully there will be a better solution in a future version! :lol: In terms of resizing the match widgets, which window are you trying to resize? Some of them are limited to how much they can be changed

The game is definitely improving. I particularly like the new look on the player screens. Well done there.

Most disappointed by two things:

1. Scouting players on a tablet is still an arduous task. Individually tapping 12-15 players without accidentally tapping a fraction of a millimeter too far left or right, which clears the players you've tapped, is not really what tablets were designed for.

2. The fact that players "removed" during the Create-a-Club phase can simply sign with rivals on cheaper contracts isn't helpful. It would be nice if there was an additional option to move players. (I would ship them off to another league). Also, I wish added players didn't get new contracts, but remained on the ones their current teams gave them. Third, the game retains the former club's season expectations, so if you wish to truly start over with a club, you'd better choose a terrible one. Currently, I think this feature is more of a "Rebrand-a-Current-Club" than it is a true Create-a-Club.

To clarify this - multi-select isn't available this year as the improved dragging/scrolling (see that unlike FMC15, you don't have to drag horizontally anymore) meant that the method you'd use to multi-select will now scroll or drag as appropriate.

It's on the list of things we want to implement properly as we know it can make selecting multiple players awkward, but it's difficult to find an intuitive way of doing it that doesn't clash with our existing inputs.

I assume an Internet connection is only required for loading a cross-save game on my tablet which can then be played offline? If I then save the game on my tablet while offline, it will be uploaded to the cloud at the next opportunity and can be continued on PC?

Hopefully there will be a better solution in a future version! :lol: In terms of resizing the match widgets' date=' which window are you trying to resize? Some of them are limited to how much they can be changed[/quote']

Could do with being able to alter width of Team Ratings and both height & width of Match Stats

I assume an Internet connection is only required for loading a cross-save game on my tablet which can then be played offline? If I then save the game on my tablet while offline, it will be uploaded to the cloud at the next opportunity and can be continued on PC?

Once the save game is on your tablet, it can be played offline.

You have to use the Cross-Save panel to upload it back to the cloud after, which you will obviously need an internet connection for.

I remembered something I had meant to mention about FMC 15, but never remembered: when adding search criteria on the search player screen, the game updates the search each and every time a new criterion is added. So, you have to wait in between each addition for the database to update. It would be nice to have the search paused until tapping some sort of "search now" button.

A bit late to mention this, but maybe for FMT 17, right? Haha.

Could do with being able to alter width of Team Ratings and both height & width of Match Stats

Just FYI any time you want to resize these widgets you need to hold your finger right on the bottom or right hand edge (It can be a bit fiddly depending on the size of your tablet). You can alter the height of the match stats window but altering the width of the match stats and team ratings windows is disabled I'm afraid

Just FYI any time you want to resize these widgets you need to hold your finger right on the bottom or right hand edge (It can be a bit fiddly depending on the size of your tablet). You can alter the height of the match stats window but altering the width of the match stats and team ratings windows is disabled I'm afraid

Thanks - I was able alter the height of the rating widget no problem, but Match Stats just doesn't seem to respond.

Is width something you will look at? It does take up a lot of space (especially on my mini) and they seem wider than they were on FMC15.

Hi,

Love the game so far, much better and seems more optimised than fmc15. Couple of things though;

1) The attributes chart, can you see it full screen? Under training (if i remember) you can see it but can you have the option to see it full screen as its pretty much impossible to differentiate what stats are what.

2) More of a dislike than anything...can we please get rid of the image of the shirt with the players name and number on the profile screen? Looks a bit rubbish in my opinion and serves zero purpose.....sorry if I cause offense! Haha

Archived