The Big Ten

Jordmeistar

For my first attempt at this I have decided that it is go big or go home so, after much consideration over a cup of tea, I have decided to call this:

THE BIG TEN

Leagues Loaded:

(All playable leagues in each country loaded)

England. Scotland. Germany. Italy. Spain. Holland.Turkey. France. Ukraine. Portugal.

The rules are simple, load up the ten biggest leagues in Europe and win the Top Division and Champions League in each country.

(If you feel a country should be removed and replaced with a new one please do leave a comment below)

To make this harder, because I apparently hate myself as well, I will be beginning this save unemployed with sunday league playing experience and no qualifications. By the time I reach the end of this save it will be 120 years time and Brooklyn Beckhams great grandson will be England Manger.

The Aim

The aim will be to accept the first job offered and begin on the long and stressfull road of Football Management. It will hopefully be entertaining and filled with hardship, firings, depression, championships, celebration and maybe one day, if completed, an open top bus ride with my laptop around London.

Updates will happen on the 1st of every in game month or in the event of something major happening e.g Job Offers/Firings etc.

2jsWIgh.png

If you go by UEFA's country coefficient, the top 15 nations (and thus most likely, but not dead certain, leagues) are:

1 Spain

2 Germany

3 England

4 Italy

5 Portugal

6 Russia

7 France

8 Ukraine

9 Belgium

10 Netherlands

11 Turkey

12 Switzerland

13 Czech Republic

14 Greece

15 Romania

Of course, one can argue that the dutch league is better than the belgian, but these numbers show how teams from the respective leagues have fared in the UEFA competions.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2016.html

"Better" leagues are pretty subjective. There's not really a way of reliably measuring how good a league is, or if you do, you're going to choose something that you believe is good. England is definitely the best marketed league, and probably the richest. Is it the most entertaining? Is to some, not to others. La Liga gets trumpeted as the best, but is really a two horse race. Germany, for fan experience at least, is absolutely streets ahead, and as a result will be pretty entertaining to watch, but it's become a one-horse race.

UEFA Co-efficient is probably the closest thing you'd get to a metric, or if you're going for "biggest", then boot up the game, look at the league rep list, and pick the top 10.

After two job interviews at AYDINSPOR 1923 in the Turkish 2.League Red Group and Tirsense in the Portugal National Championship I was finally offered the job at:

FC TIRSENSE

HqGBcGM.jpg

Playing at the 15,000 seater Estádio Abel Alves de Figueiredo in the Porguese National Championship FC TIRSENSE are a semi-professional club founded in 1938 and has has spent most of their their time playing outside of the top division. My aim is to get them there... I have been given no money.

(Had trouble finding a picture of the stadium that wasn't blurry)

The Squad:

ci8bSVf.png

The Tactics:

1M50Hn2.png

Playing to the strengths of Tito and Pedro I have decided to play with them both in their natural positions. I have also decided to keep the instructions simple and play a style in hope that it keeps the ball in the middle and away from my weaker wingers.

My job now will be to bring in two midfielders and hopefully a striker with no transfer or wage budget.

Due to the divisions start dates the next update will be on the 1st of September after my first two league games.

I have just chosen the ten that I consider historically and currently the biggest leagues in Europe

Based on that I would swap Ukraine with Russia. Other than that I agree with your picks! :)

Pre-Season

So after over a month of trying to sign the ammount of players to form a coherent team, I have come up short and resorted to calling up

Miguel Silva (Target Man, 1/2 star potential)

And Victor Coutinho (Right Winger, 3 star potential) to the side:

In Midfield I had to cave in and sign Dhiego (19, 3 1/2 star potential, Ball Winning Midfielder),

Aboubkar ( 20, Half Back, which is akward as I don't play with that but is 3 1/2 star potential.)

And Andre Perre (25, 2 star Central Midfielder) as emergancy cover.

Upfront I signed Andrew (23, 3 star Advanced Forward) on loan.

Also was informed that every player only has a year left to run on their contracts so if we do miss out on promotion I have to sign roughly the population of Eastern Belgium.

Pre-Season Results

After a fantastic pre-season with solid performances I am excited for the start of the league and do believe we can make a solid promotion push. We will be requiring a lot of goals from Cerdeira and Beriao but as long as the back four is kept solid we can probably pull this off.

gLKuFfm.png[/center]

Any advice or opinions are welcome and encouraged I also apologise for the size of the pictures, having trouble resizing them down at the moment.

Rui Faria is out for 2 to 5 weeks with a broken finger so we will be relying on Paulo Chunha in goal.

FC Tirsense vs Coimbroes game

STARTING XI

88GCIbP.png

0ewFF7T.png

Well that was anti-climatic, a boring 0-0 draw even after we went down to 10 men.

FC Tirsense vs Cinfaes

STARTING XI

4qnQx02.png

A slight change of tactic from the last match, playing with a Poacher up front and in midfield a box to box midfielder and deep lying playmaker.

TyAsgKu.png

Not the best performance but two goals from Andrew fire us to a solid win in our second game.

Tirsense! That's a great club to start with. I remember when they were up in the top league when I was a kid! They almost made it to Europe one season, which is when Benfica came in to poach their 2 best players: a forward named Marcelo who turned out to be crap, and a centre-back named Paredão ("big wall") who wasn't particularly great neither, but then went on to have a decent career in England after losing his nickname and playing as Emerson Thome, including one season for Chelsea!

Archived