[FM2016] Scotland - Full (Real Life) Pyramid System

Untitled.png

Unlocks all of the Scottish real-life pyramid system. Can you take a non-league team through the new trapdoor into the SPFL and beyond?

As with last year's game, I have again completed the full pyramid system for Scotland - the bonus this time being that all the playoffs work properly, and promotion/relegation have no issues thankfully! Can you take a smaller club to the top? How about a brand new club? All possible challenges in this database.

***NOTE: It is recommended that you select "Add players to payable teams" from the Advanced Options box when selecting your leagues.***

Final database file can be downloaded here, and also on the FM2016 Steam Workshop.

Full Logopack can be downloaded here.

Highland & Lowland League kits (standard) can be downloaded here.

Full Change List

Added all relevant divisions

Added main regional and lower cups

Amended prize monies

Updated club reputations

Added awards for new divisions

Create logo pack

Create kit pack (Highland & Lowland)

Corrected kits, colours

Created & added correct managers

Fill out with real-life squads (WIP) - use "add players to playable teams" for now.

----------------------------------------------

The setup - this reflects the real-life pyramid, as shown below:

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

Highland & Lowland Leagues

East of Scotland & South of Scotland Leagues (both feed into Lowland League)

Newly added cup competitions:

Highland League Cup

Lowland League Cup

North of Scotland Cup

South of Scotland Cup

Aberdeenshire Cup

East of Scotland Qualifying Leagues

Southern Counties Cup

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Morrissey,

I´m really looking forward to this. If you need any help with 3d kits or logos or some stuff like that, you can ask me.

good work

Hey Forest! I might just take you up on your offer...as of now, I have the logos done and dusted, so any help on the kits front would be greatly appreciated. Will need to change the default colours for several of the sides to reflect reality as well.

Started work on stadium backgrounds last night Hibee, shouldn't take too long.

Think that I should be able to get things relatively bang on in terms of realism (apart from Kelso resigning from EoS after about a month obviously), excited to see how it pans out!

Update - I'll be working away on this tonight. The good news with the first beta is that the playoff works properly! Scenes!

Aim for tonight is to add all applicable cups, real fixture dates where possible and correct the basic club details where wrong (colours, stadiums etc).

Assuming this all goes well, I'll move on to "filling out" details for all the new playable clubs - manager names, rivalries, unique features (Edusport consisting of French young players etc) and so on.

Please let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions as we go ahead. Thanks folks!

That's the second Beta file added to the original post. Added relevant cup competitions, a few more small details like awards etc as well. If this works, I'll move on to adding as much detail as possible!

Give it a go and let me know your feedback folks. :cool:

EDIT - Pretty major error has turned up with the Eos-Sos playoff sometimes occuring AFTER the final Lowland League playoff game! I've fixed this, will update the Beta in the original post in the next 5 minutes.

so far so good m8 :) ,lovin this btw :),will u be putting in the pics of the cups?,mayby importing Scottish advert boards ?,sponcers on strips?,club stadium pics?,good luck m8 ,and well done on this beta 3 :):applause:

Glad you're enjoying it mate!

I'll look to add extra images (cups, kits etc) in due course aye. Right now, I'm focusing on getting the managers and squads in place for the Highland/Lowland Leagues - need to create most of the players, very few are actually in the database already. Hopefully have this done by the end of the week and add another layer of realism to it.

I hadn't even thought about advertising boards, good shout! Will add to the list...

Started on this with the first Beta version. All good within the first season, but at the start of the Second season a couple of things that I've noticed is that past winners doesn't show up for the 15/16 season, and it also seems that Turriff United have been put into the Lowland League, with Tynecastle being promoted to the Highland league.

Will download the upto date version and see if these still occur. Hopefully not.

Looking forward to playing the finished version :thup:

Thanks guys, let me know of anything that doesn't seem right as you go along!

Luckily I managed to fix the regional side of things Mark, it'll only be an issue now if a "Highland" side like Elgin go down to a Lowland side in the League 2 playoff. Same issue will happen in real life I guess!

The champions thing is weird. It only seems to recognise the winner of the initial Highland/Lowland playoff as a champ, I'll work on that to see what I can do.

You've got everything almost spot on, bar one thing.

Having made it through the Highland League season as Champions and then disposing of Spartans to set up a playoff showdown with East Stirlingshire - the game sent ALL of my players on holiday - meaning that I can't advance, play the game or do anything about it - rendering the entire thing obsolete.

I get its just a Beta but thats a huge mistake. There's no way that can be played now until its corrected.

You've got everything almost spot on, bar one thing.

Having made it through the Highland League season as Champions and then disposing of Spartans to set up a playoff showdown with East Stirlingshire - the game sent ALL of my players on holiday - meaning that I can't advance, play the game or do anything about it - rendering the entire thing obsolete.

I get its just a Beta but thats a huge mistake. There's no way that can be played now until its corrected.

Hmm...that's a new one! Thanks a lot for the feedback bud, I'll investigate this today. Hopefully have a fix in place this evening.

Hmm...that's a new one! Thanks a lot for the feedback bud, I'll investigate this today. Hopefully have a fix in place this evening.

Probably just a matter of making sure the season ends a bit later...

Anything new today Morrissey m8? :cool:

Working on that Highland League issue just now, after which we should be good to go! Turns out it was a more complicated fix than I thought, think I'm nearly there now though.

I'll have an updated file up ASAP.

This is great man! Have you thought about making leagues like the northern scotland junior league playable too, I know there'll be no promotion to the Highland league etc, but it'd be good to give it a pop?

I have, yeah - Might well jump in to the junior side of things once I've polished this up. Will be a while till I've added all the depth I want to mind you (squads etc).

This wee issue I'm trying to iron out is really frustrating! Thought I'd sorted it, only for FM to then put the losing side up for the final playoff...another test about to start now...

Right folks - I'm going to hold off until tomorrow on getting the last Beta file up. Looks like I've fixed the issue, I want to give it a decent test tonight before putting it up however. Assuming it does what it's meant to do, I'll move on to adding the detail and finishing the database!

I think I've cracked it!

Had to go back to the original file in the end, as the advanced editor can become a bit of a maze to try and fix little problems. Ran a few tests now, everything looks good, and I finally managed to fix the Lowland Cup to take everyone bar the champs. All the league's will now show their winners after playoffs finish as well.

I'll upload the final Beta this afternoon, and assuming that no one finds any major issue, I'll get going on filling out the Highland and Lowland squads initially. Already started fixing the default kits and so on, Highland League is very up to date, the Lowland less so.

I think I've cracked it!

Had to go back to the original file in the end, as the advanced editor can become a bit of a maze to try and fix little problems. Ran a few tests now, everything looks good, and I finally managed to fix the Lowland Cup to take everyone bar the champs. All the league's will now show their winners after playoffs finish as well.

I'll upload the final Beta this afternoon, and assuming that no one finds any major issue, I'll get going on filling out the Highland and Lowland squads initially. Already started fixing the default kits and so on, Highland League is very up to date, the Lowland less so.

Brilliant news! Can't wait to play this. Really want to start a long-term save with either Edinburgh City or Fort William, but I'm waiting until the final version of this is released.

UPDATE: Initial post updated. Final Beta file now uploaded and ready to go! :cool:

woooooooooooooooot,good work m8,going to c how i get on now with the final beta test , :)

[EDIT] Tried to download the logo pack and apparently the file sharing site you have used has been flagged as dangerous by Norton, any suggestions?

woooooooooooooooot,good work m8,going to c how i get on now with the final beta test , :)

[EDIT] Tried to download the logo pack and apparently the file sharing site you have used has been flagged as dangerous by Norton, any suggestions?

Righto, just managed to get it compressed and on the same site. Will update the link - it'll need unzipped though!

:eek: Is it me or have the files gone....404 Cannot find the file

Web server cannot find the file or script you requested. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct.

Looks like your right? Confusing...well, I'll 're-upload it, and I've added it to the Steam Workshop as well (under The Scottish Pyramid).

Archived