FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

The Sammarinese Challenge.

Originally the brainchild of Ter, and then continued on by TWFL, the challenge almost died out, until myself and leonavich revived it and then really stuck with it through long-term FM14 saves, (although leon had got me involved with a great save towards the end of FM13).

Part 1. You have to start as Manager of San Marino (club side), and without using the editor or any scouting tools, you have to take them to the top of Serie A and then on to Champions League success.

Part 2. You have to win the World Cup with the San Marino National Team. It has been done before, but expect to put a LOT into the save if you want to get anywhere near this. (Just to qualify for a World Cup or European Championship Finals should be considered excellent success).

Warning.

Look. The reality is that if you just want to play for a few seasons, then this challenge probably isn't for you. It runs at a ridiculously slow pace, and unless you can really speed through the seasons at dafuge'esque speed, then the reality is that even if you do brilliantly well, you won't complete the challenge because the chances are you will run out of time and FM17 will be released before you get anywhere near winning anything with the National Team, (and there is no shame in that). What it suggests as a result however, is that you actually play the FM16 save for longer than a full year, don't immediately swap to the new issue of FM17 when it comes out. This is extremely hard for some who are just unable resist the temptation of being lured away by new features, but I promise you that if you have never played a save for this long before, then you will be sorely torn. My laptop containing my FM14 save was lost and it nearly broke me. (Let that be a lesson to you all. Cloud saving is your friend!)

Options.

You can choose to start as manager of both the Club and National Team from the outset, (although please be aware, I once went 10 full seasons as NT manager without a competitive win).

Alternatively, you can decide that you can build up your reputation at club level before applying for the NT job at a later date. Please be aware that it is NOT against the rules to "create" a vacancy at NT level by adding a new Manager to the role and then instantly retiring him, (Ter's rules, not mine).

Additional proof of excellence, (just in case you might think it was too easy).

With the Confederations Cup. (To my knowledge nobody has ever done this).

Win the European Championships. (To my knowledge nobody has ever done this).

Win Serie A with a completely Home Grown side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the Champions League with a completely Home Grown side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win Serie A with a comepletely (SMR) side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the Champions League with a completely (SMR) side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the European U21 Championships.

Win the Olympics. (This is the holy grail for me).

Win the European U19 Championships. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG player win the Ballon d'Or. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or.

Have a HG (SMR) Nationality player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG (SMR) Nationality player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or. (To my knowledge nobody has ever done this).

Additional challenges.

There are loads of sub-challenges that you could incorporate into this challenge. Recently both myself and leon really went to town on getting our Fat GK's to score, but I also think that it lends itself especially well to the Danny Roberts challenge. Something that I don't think anyone has ever tried is incorporating the Youth Academy Challenge into the save, (that's my intention this season), and I will be running a few challenges concurrently, (until it goes boobies up!). Something that should be an absolute no-brainer though is Ackter's Appearance Longevity challenge.

Linked to the Youth Academy Challenge, I also particularly like Neppo's Youth Player project, and something that I spun off from that was the Son in the Game project, (but when your FM offspring are even poorer at football than you are in real life, then no matter how many International Caps you give them, it still becomes a chore).

They are all listed and linked here for you to peruse at your leisure and to see what you might like to add to your game.

1. My Big Fat GK can score more than your Big Fat GK. (Who's GK can score the most goals).
  2. The Danny Roberts Challenge. (Who can get a player to score 1,000+ career goals).
  3. Youth Academy Challenge. (From non-playable to greatness with no loans or transfers, ever!).
  4. Ackters Appearance Longevity Challenge. (The squad with the most cumulative appearances).
  5. Neppo's Youth Player Project. (Following the individual careers and development of any HG players).
  6. Son in the Game Project. (Lucky enough to get a son in the game? Chart his progress here).

That is not an exhaustive list however, and if there is another challenge that you wish to run alongside this one, then honestly, fill your boots.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you set your Game-World up?

Step 1. Select your Nation. (Italy).

SMR%20Italy_zps3p8zbehs.png

Then press "Next - New game overview".

Step2. Ensure that the Italian structure is active down to Serie C and that it is playable.

SMR%20Serie%20C_zps9ki2jrx9.png

Step 3. Select Early 2015/16 Pre-Season (25/7/2015)

SMR%20Start%20date_zpsmeu18uy9.png

Step 4. Select "Advanced" as your required database size.

SMR%20Advanced_zpsdevhhwpm.png

Step 5. Select either Small, Medium or LArge databases from the top. (Please be aware that small is recommended).

SMR%20Small%20database_zpsrliewf3u.png

Step 6. Go to Divisions - Add - Europe - San Marino - San Marino League. (You will not be able to manage in the San Marino League).

SMR%20San%20Marino%20League_zpshm4g8pyz.png

Step 7. Go to Nations - Add - San Marino and then tick all the options.

SMR%20Nations%20-%20San%20Marino_zpsftvbu6wy.png

Press ok.

Step 8. Click "Advanced options".

SMR%20Advanced%20Options_zpst7wzbbwy.png

Step 9. Ensure that "Disable player attribute masking" is un-ticked.

SMR%20FOW_zpsytrpdzzf.png

Step 10. Ensure that "Prevent use of the In-Game editor" is ticked.

SMR%20Prevent%20In-Game%20Editor_zpsjeyzdlq2.png

Click Start Game.

Step 11. Create a Manager Profile called "Holiday Manager" and then whatever additional info you want, (because it doesn't matter). Ignore Appearance, Likes and Social Networks, (there will be time for that later).

SMR%20Holiday%20Manager_zpsnv65ajep.png

Click Choose Team.

Step 12. Select "Start unemployed".

Click "Next - Managerial Style".

Press confirm. (It doesn't matter what you do with that screen so just ignore it).

Click Start Playing.

Step 13. Give the save file a name and press "Save".

Step 14. Go on holiday until 29th June 2016. Check to see if San Marino promoted. Repeat until they are promoted, (remember that you have to check all 3 Serie C leagues).

Step 15. Create a new Manager profile and this time enter the details that you want your in-game Manager to have, (rather than Holiday Manager), and choose to manage either just club or both club and Country.

Step 16. Add your Coaching Badges and past playing experience. Please note that for the purpose of this challenge, even if you have played Semi-Pro and even if you have coaching badges in real life, this is a game rather than reality and you must enter that you have no coaching badges and that your past playing experience is Sunday League Footballer.

It should look like this.

SMR%20Badges_zpszti5qj0w.png

You will then have 15 Coaching attributes points and 21 Mental attribute points that you can distribute how you want.

Click "confirm".

Click "Start Playing".

Step 17. Click on "FM" in the top Manager. Click on "Change Manager". Click "home" in the top left hand corner and then "My Profile" to check that you are looking at Holiday manager. Then click "My Profile" and then "Retire".

Step 18. World domination awaits. Enjoy.

Pre-created save.

If you can't be bothered with all that, (well then this challenge might not be for you), but if you still want to give it a go anyway, then here is a link to download a save that I have created where San Marino have been promoted and all you have to do is ass a new Manager, take charge of San Marino, and then retire Holiday Manager.

For some reason I found it really hard to get San Marino promoted, (by hoidaying of course), so after trying and trying and trying again without success, I sneakily holidayed a 2nd year and..... success.

Small database 2017. (File uploaded by Jimbokav1971)

http://www.storageserver.co.uk/files/29938/San_Marino.fm.html

Large database 2017.

http://www.megafileupload.com/i40H/San_Marino_2017_start.fm

Small database 2016, (editor used to reduce Parma rep and then used again to revert to original levels after San Marino promotion. File uploaded by Sven.).

http://storageserver.co.uk/files/30225/San_Marino_2016.fm.html

My understanding is that this save will be available for 1 month if nobody downloads it, and if someone downloads it then it will be available for a further 3 months each time. As long as people keep downloading it then with any luck it should be here for a little while.

The game start date is 30th June 2017.

As mentioned above, all you have to do is create a new Manager, (with your desired info rather than "Holiday Manager this time), take over either club or both club and country, and then retire Mr Holiday manager and just go and do your stuff.

Hall of Fame.

World Cup.

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. 2038 World Cup in USA.

(FM14) leonavich. 2038 World Cup in Mexico.

(FM14) Mada. 2030 World Cup in Italy. (Runners-Up). (That still deserves a mention despite the loss).

European U21 Championship.

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. 2042 Euro U21 Championship.

Confederations Cup.

(FM14) leonavich. 2041 Confederations Cup in Portugal.

Champions League Winner.

(FM13) leonavich. (1 Champions League title).

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. (6 Champions League titles).

(FM14) leonavich. (3 Champions League titles).

(FM15) coady. (1 Champions League title).

Serie A Winner.

(FM13) leonavich. (6 Serie A titles).

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. (14 Serie A titles).

(FM14) leonavich. (9 Serie A titles).

(FM14) coady. (1 Serie A title).

(FM14) Daymor. (2 Serie A titles).

(FM15) coady. (4 Serie A titles).

Club World Championship.

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. (5 Club World Championships).

(FM14) leonavich. (3 Club World Championships).

(FM15) coady. (2 CLub World Championships).

Italian Cup Winner.

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. (9 Italian Cup titles).

(FM14) leonavich. (4 Italian Cup titles).

(FM15) coady. (4 Italian Cup titles).

Europa League Winner.

(FM13) leonavich. (2 Europa League titles).

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. (1 Europa League title).

European Super Cup.

(FM13) leonavich. (1 European Super Cup title).

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. (5 European Super Cup titles).

(FM14) leonavich. (2 European Super Cup titles).

(FM15) coady. (1 European Super Cup title).

Italian Super Cup.

(FM13) leonavich. (6 Italian Super Cup titles).

(FM14) Jimbokav1961. (14 Italian Super Cup titles).

(FM14) leonavich. (6 Super Cup titles).

(FM15) coady. (2 Super League title).

Serie B.

(FM14) dan_lcfc. (1 Serie B title).

(FM14) col_nufc1. (1 Serie B title).

(FM14) Daymor. (1 Serie B title).

(FM15) coady. (1 Serie B titlle).

Serie C1/B.

(FM14) dan_lcfc. (1 Serie C1/B title).

(FM16) heyhowie (1 Serie C/B title).

(FM16) col_nufc1. (1 Serie C/B title).

Serie C1/A.

(FM14) col_nufc1 (1 Serie C1/A title).

(FM14) coady. (1 Serie C1/A title).

(FM14) Hatton90. (1 Serie C1/A title).

Additional accomplishments.

(FM14) Jimbokav1971. Lucio scored 155 career goals as a GK.

(FM14) leonavich. Morra made 1,000+ career appearances for San Marino.

(FM14) leonavich. Canini scored 20 International goals as a GK.

Very Nice start to the new Challenge!

Will start to post in here now at this stage...

I will come back and edit this with my trophy cabinet in FM14 when I retire

also to point out, in FM 14 I won the Serie C1 and the Serie B titles once each.

Very Nice start to the new Challenge!

Will start to post in here now at this stage...

I will come back and edit this with my trophy cabinet in FM14 when I retire

also to point out, in FM 14 I won the Serie C1 and the Serie B titles once each.

Thanks mate. :thup:

Yeah, if we have won Serie A, I'm not too bothered about the lower leagues.

I'm trying to get San Marino promoted and then I'm going to upload it here to try and encourage more people to give it a go. I'm sure more people will give it a go if they don't have to holiday.

Any reason why this year we seem to be saying only load Italy? In previous years you could load any additional leagues you want (should increase difficulty of the challenge) and also why would we recommend small DB?

Any reason why this year we seem to be saying only load Italy? In previous years you could load any additional leagues you want (should increase difficulty of the challenge) and also why would we recommend small DB?

If you want to load additional leagues then it's up to you. The more experienced guys will probably do what they want anyway. I don't actually have an issue with whatever leagues are loaded. I think I copied that part of the challenge from Ter's original rules back in the day.

As for the small database, many people complain that anything other than a small database impacts negatively on the transfer market, (especially when we are starting with a small database and then adding every (SMR) player in the World to it, (quite a lot of them). If you think about it, the more players that there are in the game, then the more diluted the transfer market will be. In the past In have played with a large database and found it hard to sell players on for decent value. Use a small database and this is less likely to be an issue.

For someone like yourself though Jambo, I expect you to take stuff like that with a pinch of salt. You don't need help setting up your game, (however others might).

[Edit]

ps. Haven't forgotten about your achievements for the HoF. Just slowly still going through the thread.

I think DB size and leagues loaded probably work together - If you had just the single league loaded, with a large database then i can see you might hit the transfers issue. If you are loading more leagues, then it makes sense to have a bigger DB - These increase the challenge as it makes european and international competitions much more tricky.

It does seem like getting the club side up after only one year isnt very easy this year. I do wonder if there are some things built in where by if you save say a month back from reset rather than the day before, you might get more varied teams up?

I attempt the san Marino challenge every year, FM 16 will be no different other than I plan on being active on the thread for the first time. I wont be starting this until the full release however.

Hopefully I will have some success this year, havn't got anywhere with the national team before.

Good luck guys!

I think DB size and leagues loaded probably work together - If you had just the single league loaded, with a large database then i can see you might hit the transfers issue. If you are loading more leagues, then it makes sense to have a bigger DB - These increase the challenge as it makes european and international competitions much more tricky.

Much more tricky?

I'm not convinced. I used to be of that opinion, but now I'm undecided.

Like I said it's down to personal preference. The thing is that it's an equal playing field for all, (within an individual save game). Either quality players are in shorter supply so demand, (and transfer fees are higher), or there are loads of good targets around and demand is much lower, (and correspondingly transfer fees also limited). Like I said though, it's the same for all teams playing in the same league so....

Actually, I wasn't thinking about NT squads so of course you are correct. The depth of NT squads will obviously be better the more leagues and players there are to pick from.

If I was doing a Youth Only save for example, (and I am), then I would agree that a small database makes the club aspect of the challenge easier, but then again, some of us need all the help we can get.

In FM14 I can't remember the size of database I went for, (I have a feeling it was large though, and if it wasn't large then it was certainly medium). As a result my maximum transfer fee received seemed to be limited to about £47.5M cash, and no matter how I tried, (with 1 notable exception), I was unable to get anything higher than that.

What I did do in that save was "activate" any structure where I was given a feeder club. This made the game better and more rounded.

I didn't play FM15, but I know because we were all in the same thread last year that I was surprised by some of the lads seemingly going straight up without much of a problem. I also went up in the 1st season with FM14, (but that wasn't the norm and I came straight back down the next season).

As for saving when holidaying, I actually tried a few different things.

First I just saved on 28th June and then must have tried 50+ times to progress that 1 day. I eventually came to the conclusion that although it wasn't pre-determined who would go up, (because it varied), not everyone could go up, (meaning that the game had already processed part of the season and it was probably just left for the playoffs to be decided.

Then I went back to early May and tried again and this had similar results.

Back to Feb and the same again.

In the end I went all the way back to the original game creation save and even going through the whole season on 5 occasions didn't get me what I wanted.

Eventually I went to look at the post made by deadfncat and it was just as I was reading how he had it that I had the same thought. The very 1st time I went forward an additional 12 months, San Marino came straight up.

It certainly doesn't seem to be done how it was done in the past, (but then again I am basing it on dafuge save holidaying rather than Serie C/D holidaying.

Anyone know if the FM15 file for the San Marino league will work well with FM16? I do this challenge every year, but I like to have the local league available so I can pump money in when I can.

It's worth a go, but I am really clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff so I honestly couldn't tell you.

I know some of the stuff is transferable so maybe.

What's the worst that could happen?

I attempt the san Marino challenge every year, FM 16 will be no different other than I plan on being active on the thread for the first time. I wont be starting this until the full release however.

Hopefully I will have some success this year, havn't got anywhere with the national team before.

Good luck guys!

Welcome. :thup:

I'm hoping that the thread will be quite active this year. There seems considerably more interest in the challenge than when it was just me and leon.

Suggestion.

I know some of you are waiting for the full game. When you create a new save, if one of you would be so good as to upload the save and then post it in the thread, then I will add it to the opening post so that people have a choice.

Ideally it would be great if we could have 1 that had the (SMR) leagues playable, and then another that had a larger initial database. I think the more options we have available in terms of initial save-games, the more potential participants we will have.

Cheers for the welcome

Cant resist the urge to leave the save until the full game is released so guess ill be starting now! Though I will likely restart once we are past beta so wont post until that save is started.

In terms of DB and leagues loaded i like to go for a large DB and the big euro leagues as well as a few local ones just to create a more realistic game world, so I have put austria and Switzerland in as well. I dont really suppose that matters much once you reach the dizzy heights of the serie A but i feel it certainly helps and keeps it more realistic in the lower divisions trying to keep to local and semi local player signings.

Now just down to what seems like what will be a typically long slog getting San Marino into the serie C!!!!

How do I go about uploading a save and I'll get one up tonight!

There is a link to a save at the bottom of the 1st post in this thread.

[Edit]

Just seen your other post.

It's a small database but of course you can add in whatever other leagues you like. Let's be honest, it's not going to make much difference while you are floundering down in Serie C/B.

[Edit2]

I plan on doing what I did last year and every time I get a feeder club in another Country I will activate that structure.

Sorry should ave been more clear, how can I upload my save so others can use mine as well as I have a different set up to yours! cheers

You were very clear. It's just that I can't read. Apologies.

You use any File hosting company.

I used to use FileFront but they seemingly don't exist anymore so I uploaded mine to this.

http://www.storageserver.co.uk/index.asp

There is no fee and the file is available for others to download for 30 days, and as soon as someone downloads it, then it's available for another 90 days.

Once you have uploaded it, post the link to it in this thread and then I will add it to mine in the opening post. If you can tell us a little bit about your Gameworld when you post, (so Nations and database size), then I will add that as a description

Thanks. :thup:

Hmm really annoying. I holidayed a save with a good number of leagues loaded, and large DB etc. As with others so far, couldnt get SMR to come up in season one, so holidayed another year. Now at the end of year 2, no matter what i do, the same teams always come up (i have gone back 6 months and re-holidayed). SMR is not one of them :(

I was unsure whether or not to attempt this challenge this year. I had a really enjoyable attempt on FM14 getting to the Serie A with the club side and on the brink of Champions League football, and also starting to climb the rankings with the NT (although I did take over them a few seasons in).

I also started it on FM15 without any luck, although playing FM16 now, I genuinely believe that I didnt enjoy FM15 at all and this may well have contributed to me not persisting with the game. I am however fully enjoying FM16 now and am now really excited to take this challenge on from the start of the game.

So here is my starting profile, I take over both the club and national side as a 26 year old English manager who doesnt speak a word of Italian. :lol: Lets see how this goes

My first act as manager is to request my board send me on a coaching course, which to my delight they accept

Mini NT Update

Seeing as I've holidayed 2 years into the future its probably best to do a quick NT update, just to bring it up to date.

FIFA World Cup Qualifying Group 3

Nothing surprising here really (although we've scored!)

Fixtures 2015

Fixtures 2016

Fixtures 2017

A solitary victory in a friendly so far then and with only 3 goals in 2 years its an uphill battle from here (Thats why we're all here though right ;))

I would say that the highest amount of goals we have conceded in a match is 6, and that is a record I fully expect to beat before too long :lol:

I'm having problems with my game.

1. The processing of matches when not viewing a highlight is very laboured, (running at approx 33% real time which is VERY slow).

2. I am unable to "sort" anything on the squad view page. So can't sort by position, form, fitness, anything.

Neither of these make the game unplayable, but they are certainly not making it very enjoyable at the moment. Even picking a team, is proper hard graft, and matches are just loooooooong.

Not sure what I am going to do at the moment. :(

try validating the steam files and check your running the latest update etc, may solve the issues.

and is the match speed during highlights up to full as i noticed that even during commentary it can slow down the match down pretty much every tiome the ball is in either teams final third.

try validating the steam files and check your running the latest update etc, may solve the issues.

and is the match speed during highlights up to full as i noticed that even during commentary it can slow down the match down pretty much every tiome the ball is in either teams final third.

No idea how to validate the steam files.

Yes I am running the latest update, (was fine before).

Match speed during highlights is fine. (and it's not on max). It's just when there are no highlights that there is an issue. Even if I increase or decrease the slider it makes no difference. Still runs at approx 33% real time.

Wow, gonna be a tough one this year, had to go until the end of the second season and the oldest player on the books is 21! Plus only around 7 of the first team are still under contract. All about survival by the looks of things!

to validate the files, right click on the game in your steam library, click properties, then click the local files tab, and finally verify integrity of the game, hopefully that helps

Thanks for that.

All files successfully validated. :thup:

Will have to see how it goes.

[Edit]

When I try to restart the game now, Steam is trying to download something else now and the restart is delayed.

Has there been a 2nd update?

[Edit2]

Now the game won't load at all. :(

16.03, is the latest update I think, and had exactly the same issue yesterday, kept saying I had a disk write error, so I uninstalled/reinstalled and worked perfectly with new update installed as well, may be a steam bug if I'm not the only one it has happened to!

I'm having problems with my game.

1. The processing of matches when not viewing a highlight is very laboured, (running at approx 33% real time which is VERY slow).

2. I am unable to "sort" anything on the squad view page. So can't sort by position, form, fitness, anything.

Neither of these make the game unplayable, but they are certainly not making it very enjoyable at the moment. Even picking a team, is proper hard graft, and matches are just loooooooong.

Not sure what I am going to do at the moment. :(

Thats strange, have you tried uninstalling the game? I can sort the squad screen with no problems

This is going to be a real struggle this year for the first few seasons. Everyone who is willing to join are fairly useless u20 players. Mind you I have no idea how much of a struggle your youth only will be Jimbo!

FM 14 - 2039/40 Update

INTERNATIONAL

From an international perspective, we had a bad year. We made it to the First knockout stage of the Euros, however, we were eliminated my Spain comfortably, 4-2. The main reason for our down fall was the huge player injury crisis we faced. Mularoni, our key striker took a long term injury a few weeks out, while Dini and Vanucci sustained long term injuries also just prior to the warm ups. Felici then also got injured during the warm ups, leaving us with 4 of our starting players missing from a line up that has no depth really. We rely on the starting team to provide the results, as the impact of the bench is limited.

As a result, we passed reasonably well through the group stages, beating Russia 5-3 in a high scoring opening match and then trumping Serbia 2-1 to pick up 2 wins, with a loss (3-1) to England sandwiched in between. 6 point shad us in second behind England, and Spain was our competition. With so many key players out, we did well to stay in the match for most of the game until succumbing 4-2.

CLUB

Morra decided to retire this season, so it was only fitting that he played a key role in a few of the trophies we won. Probably our most successful year to date - We won the Serie A title on the final day, pipped Inter to the Italian cup also via penalty shootout and took home the Champions League trophy, beating Atletico Madrid 4-2. The fourth trophy was way back at the beginning of the year, in the form of the Italian Super Cup, to round out a fantastic Quadruple.

With Morra and Oosting retiring, Yilmaz and Cabralis leaving last year, we have lost all 4 of the original spear head that turned this team into an absolute power house of a side over the 20's and 30's.

In their place, we now have a 5 man midfield with the solitary striker up front, which varies to our usual trident behind the lone striker -

Navarro, the young Mexican striker who racked up over 20 League goals last season in his first outing as the main strike for San Marino

Ronaldinho, who was brought in to be the replacement for Morra in the interim until a young, nimble player by the name of....

Al-Johani comes through and becomes the new go to attacker.

Zafferani, the quick Sammarenese international is one of the hard working cogs of the midfield

Roales, who can play in the attacking front or across the middle of the park, and...

De Vita, the San Marino youth player who has come through the ranks and will rotate with Silva as the central based midfielder.

We have other strong casting players around, but the middle looks strong with such a well balanced, young core. Fraser at 39, remains the older, wiser head in the team, taking over Morra as the wise spirited voice. He still has the skills to get a few runs on the pitch too, despite such a strong middle of the park.

Here is our likely XI should all players be fit for the new season, changing from a 4-2-3-1 with wingers to a 4-3-2-1 with all central and attacking players based on the changing of the guard and a lack of natural wingers in the side now.

U5ajfW8.jpg

Has anyone ever eclipsed 200 international caps with a Sammarenese player? I once got 201 with Guillermo Ochoa for Mexico on FM11, but I have never managed it with A Sammarenese player.

My current All Time appearances list for this save is as follows:

Name			Caps	Age	GOals
----------------------------------------------
Mario Dini		151	31	18
Simone Mularoni		130	33	76
Federico Ceccoli	127	28	6
Mattia Berardi*		126	34	43
Luciano Canini		107	25	22
Alan Berti		105	29	25
Matteo Urbinati		102	31	27

* Denotes age retired:

Berardi - Now 37

While I think it may be too late for Mularoni,

Dini, Ceccoli and Canini really have a good chance.

I was just wondering yesterday what my record was. I'm struggling to get into FM16 and FM14 keeps caling me back. (FM16 is at least working again now).

So far I have resisted temptation to load it up, but this is an excuse now because I will just have a little peek.

34yo Lucio has 177 (ITA) Caps, (and could play on for another 5 years min).

35yo Volp ended up on 165 (SMR) Caps before retiring. That's the highest in my game.

40yo (AML) who is now a DoF at Crystal Palace!!!!! finished on 161 Caps and 63 goals.

36yo (GK) Mazza is currently on 144 Caps.

28yo (DR) Fabrizio is curretly on 119 Caps.

28yo (SC) Rob is currently on 97 Caps and 58 goals.

So no, not really close at all. Lucio would have smashed it for (ITA) though.

40yo (DC) El Amrani, (now a coach), ended on 158 (ITA) Caps, but he didn't get a single Cap in the last 5 years, (while (ITA) struggled), and only 3 he previous year. Should have got LOADS more.

I might be doin something wrong..

9311b0eaa4.png

Although, this one goal we scored was goal of the month, lol. Super random strike from like 30m

Ouch thats a harsh way to start. Are you cut adrift much?

Remember that you get a second bite at it so long as you dont finish bottom, the relegation playout could be you saviour! Thats my main aim this season, just dont finish bottom, then your reputation should catch up and the quality of player you will be able to find will increase. Keep at it!

I can see a few 1st season relegations this year!

I think I want to try this challenge... But with a bit of more difficulty for myself... A youth academy challenge (no transfers). Will wait for the final version to pop up before starting.

Just to be clear - what should I do if I get sacked from the club or national team? Start over?

The INT fixtures are playing havoc with the club side at the moment. We have a big game coming up against Vis Pesaro and 9 players get back from INT duty the day before the game.

:(

Is that after postponing the game? I had the same but luckily i only had 2 players really affected. (Had I realised the next game was so soon I would have rested them of course!)

Archived