FM 16: FC United of Manchester

skyblueintarn

Anyone with free agent suggestions for the start of the save? Not much in the LLM bargains thread at the moment. Also i'm interested in your 4-1-4-1 setup skyblue. Any chance of a small explanation/ screenshots of the tactics settings? It's one formation I've never been able to get much out of.

Really struggled in my save so far to the point I am rock bottom about to be sacked after 10 games. Going to try a new save.

Anyone offer any detailed information on successfull tactics with the current squad? A diamond yielded some wins, I thought a 442 counter should work with wright and lindfield on respective wings but neither have done much.

Season 1 Review

Well, what a slog that was. A poor season punctuated by occasional glimers of hope saw FC scrape home 18th. A mid-table position was on the cards until an end of season collapse put paid to that. Looking forward to clearing out the deadwood in the summer and bringing in my own.

Star player: Japhet Mata (ST); the online Rochdale striker was top scorer with 11 in 27 starts

Honourable mentions: Lindfield chipped in with 6 goals and 6 assists; William Bailey (ML), on loan from Macclesfield played well on the flank, contributing 7 assists and the versatile Liam Blake got 10 goals.

Biggest surprise: Mike Norton chipping in with 5 goals until he physically faded

Biggest flop: Withdoubt doubt Wolfenden. Tried him in a variery of positions and roles and 3 goals in 20 starts is a dissapointing return

Players in: William Bailey (ML), loan; Sean Whelan (D/M/AML), loan; Japhet Mata (ST), loan; Liam Blake (ST), free; James Tunnicliffe (DC), free; Macauley Booth (DRL), free; Dele Adebola (ST), free; Joe Leesley DC (loan)

Players out: Adam Thurston, Nia Baynu, Matt Walwyn, Sean Cooke, Dele Adebola

Attracting decent signings was a challenge, hoping a few more players are atracted to the cheeky delights of Moston.

Next seasons aims: get some more Mancs in. :) Find a new back 4.

I am 10 games into my FC United save and so far have lost just 1, wasn't expecting to do this well at all. Signed Kerridge (Ex Newcastle)on a free and he has 9 in 10 so far. Wolfenden is actually one of my stand out performers so far and James Tunnicliffe too. Likewise Mike Norton is poor and hasn't scored a single goal pre-season or post. Took some advice and signed Lewis Wilson who tore a calf muscle 5 minutes into his debut and is out for 3 months.

Yet to dip my toe into the loan market but will be doing soon as my squad is thin and is no way we can stay up there with such a small squad.

I've just started a new save with FC United but it looks very hard to find quite good players.

So I propose to share our good bargains...

- Adam Nowakowski

- Waqas Azam

- Junior Konadu

- Chris O'Leary

- Jorna Moulton

Could you describe your transfers pleeease??

Thankx in advance!

I am 10 games into my FC United save and so far have lost just 1, wasn't expecting to do this well at all. Signed Kerridge (Ex Newcastle)on a free and he has 9 in 10 so far. Wolfenden is actually one of my stand out performers so far and James Tunnicliffe too. Likewise Mike Norton is poor and hasn't scored a single goal pre-season or post. Took some advice and signed Lewis Wilson who tore a calf muscle 5 minutes into his debut and is out for 3 months.

Yet to dip my toe into the loan market but will be doing soon as my squad is thin and is no way we can stay up there with such a small squad.

Seen a few people say they've done well with FCUM in their first season. Pretty impressive FM skills considering the squad!

What role did you play wolfenden in? Season 2 he's doing ok as an AF. Think i got a bit lucky with Norton, he did suit my brutish 442 though

I've just started a new save with FC United but it looks very hard to find quite good players.

So I propose to share our good bargains...

- Adam Nowakowski

- Waqas Azam

- Junior Konadu

- Chris O'Leary

- Jorna Moulton

Could you describe your transfers pleeease??

Thankx in advance!

Got the following on loan and all had good, if hardly world beating, seasons: Japhet Mata (ST); William Bailey and Sean Whelan, both left wingers.

I'm actually in the 4th position with 15 points after 8 games.

80% of my goals comes from my wings. Wright assist for Lindfield or the contrary.

I just transfered Ben Glasgow (quite good) and Juanjo Muko (never played).

Good surprises: Chris O'leary, Craig Lindfield, Jerome Wright

Deceptions: Adam Nowakowski, Jorna Moulton, Waqas Azam, Scott Cheetham, Lewis King

So advices for those positions? Goalkeeper, left defender, left and wright wings...

I am playing Wolfendon on the right hand side of a front 3, i am now rotating him with Conal Platt who i signed from Stalybridge. Its all gone a bit wrong and i havent won in 10 games and dropped to 10th place, the play off's are still in sight but i doubt i will get there. Good job i had such a good start otherwise i would be in big trouble, have turned down at least 5/6 League 2 jobs to stay here!!

I just signed:

- Sean Whelan (good as an offensive left defender)

- Matthew Gledhill (good young keeper)

- Aidan Austin (good left winger on loan from Nott Forest)

Juanjo Muko made a good start and scored 4 goals in 6 games.

I'm actually leader with 24 points in 11 games!

Finished the first season in 6th place, one shy from the playoffs. The team is limited but with the right signings it's possible to get promoted at the end of first season.

Biggest surprises: Norton and Greaves dos great combining for 30+ goals up fronteira, plus Wolf was the best player by far, when fit.

Tom brown was a beast at the midlefield, at the defensive end and was class when starting the plays in front of the defenders.

Value tip: in march, the youth intake is usually good, take advantage of it. Now i have 3 players from the youth in the first team, with potencial for league 1/2

My excellent start to the season ended up a bit of a disaster really, went 12 games without a win and finished 12th. I would have taken 12th but when I was 2nd at Christmas it was really annoying. Simply the squad wasn't big enough or strong enough. I have released 11 players and brought 9 in for the new season and hopefully will do a bit better, have actually spent some money too. Have signed Adam Connolly from Gloucester, Ryan Kendall from North Ferribly (Kendall scored 34 goals in this division last season) and Liam Walsh from Wrexham amongst a few others. Will keep everyone posted.

I have got a save with FC United which I started on beta. I'm in my third season now but haven't played on it for a couple of weeks due to being busy with work etc. I signed a couple of the players mentioned in here. Ben Glasgow was one but he was just pants for me. I play a 4-1-2-2-1 on the counter and it works really well. First season I didn't start great and it took a while to sort my tactics out but I went on a crazy run after christmas and finished 5th, getting promoted via the playoffs. Second season was similar in the conference national and I think i finished 3rd but lost to wrexham in the playoff final on penalties. Third season and I am 3rd or 4th I think around christmas.

Something I had not thought about particularly before starting was that FC United have big budgets for their level and big attendances too. In my second season I think my transfer budget was about half a million all though I chose to have my training ground developed instead as I got most people on a free. I can see it being fairly easy to get them cemented as a League 1 side at least.

As for players, Ashworth, Wright and Lindfield have all been great for me, even in the national league. My coaches keep saying they are not good enough but their performance ratings are really high and lindfield and wright score and assist a lot. In the first season I signed Yeray Torres and Ruairi Croskery who were both amazing. Took me ages to get them though as I signed them on trial but they wouldn't discuss a contract for ages. Croskery then refused to renew at the end of the season despite getting promoted and left. No one else signed him and he retired. Another great signing I made was JAck (I think) Blake from Ilkeston at the begining of the second season. He is immense. Cost me about £21k I think. I would certainly recommend him.

Some decent campaigns going on there.

Halfway through season 2 and picked up some good signings. Players who turned me down at season start have got desperate!

Fraser Murdoch

Amari Morgan-Smith

Michael Raynes

Paul Turnbull

All have league experience and some rated to play in L2. None have played that well so far, they're all severely lacking in match fitness and my dodogy tactics might not be helping!

Finished Second in the league in my first season

kavOifR.png

qlgb3Ni.png

Lost 3-1 in the first leg of the playoff, thought I was out when they were 3-0 up

qq8qWU0.png

Managed to win 5-4 on aggregate over the 2 legs, was an insane comeback and I couldn't believe it

C5nNu2W.png

M2UVNzL.png

Another come back to win in the playoff final. All in all an amazing season and I am looking forward to next season in the Conference

gutted, just lost the playoff final 4-3 on penalties. Up and down season but starting to get a settled style and squad. Gunning for promotion next season.

@baggie23, agree on Lindfield, plays far beter than his stats suggest. Gets a lot of goals for me ghosting in at the far post.

Exactly the same for me. I play him as a winger and he scores loads of back post tap ins. My staff keep telling me to drop him as other players are better but if he keeps scoring I will keep ignoring them.

Hooooo my god!! It's so stressfull!!!

2 games left and only one point more...Not playing well since 3 games, i think my players are too stressed about beeing champion!!!

M4GRnH.png

In february-march, you have free very good players. I signed those 2 very good players but Dayton never played because of an injury...

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/2528/kultVT.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/9222/gBqOdf.png

I'm gonna play my last 2 games and I send you the result of my season!

Finally got promoted but not champion! Hard end of season!!!

After having loosed the champion crown, i hardly acceeded to the final that i won...

kDJuY8.png

Now, a new season is starting. A big work has to be done during the mercato to find new players and new staff members!

In february-march, you have free very good players. I signed those 2 very good players but Dayton never played because of an injury...

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/2528/kultVT.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/9222/gBqOdf.png

I'm gonna play my last 2 games and I send you the result of my season!

i also signed them on Febrary. Bywater good for L2, Dayton leading for L2. Thx.

Also you can buy Scott Kerr from Spennymoor. He played well on midfield with central mid support duty. 36 games 6 goals 6 assists. 7.28 av. rat.

So I just started a save with FC United again as last year I took them all the way to the prem and into Europe so this year it's my aim to do so again,

First off all the best thing to do is to get rid off all the deadwood in the first team and players in the under 21s that are taking up wages that could be used for new better players, same with the staff..

So I'm currently 8 games into the league and so far so good ( I have created my own 4-4-2/ 4-3-3 with lindfield playing in a more advance right midfield) sitting in 3rd place in the league with 16 points,

I would highly recommend signing William Bailey on loan, Ben Glasgow, yeray Torres, Lewis Wilson, Stephen o'leary, joe kerridge

I Will update when I have played more games

Currently trying my hand at this, got 2 tactics and match speed is text/full to power through a season. Currently sat in second. I bought in Joe Kerridge and he's been amazing. GK/Defense are pretty poor and I noticed for my position my G/D was awful playing 4 - 5 - 1. I also play a 4 - 4 - 2 where I pretty much play hoofball and picked up a fella named Obi Anoruo to play next to Kerridge. He scored a hat-trick on debut and has 7 in 9. Kerridge isn't scoring as many being the DLF but 34 Apps, 18 Goals, 11 Assists I cannot complain. I'd love to get promoted and Boston are only 3 points away but Gainsborough are only a point behind me! 6 games to go with Boston and Gainsborough to play.

Also got a regen through the academy who's better then any of my LBs already :D.

Got promoted the first season through the playoffs. Thought I'd brought some good players in started well enough then hit a stump and went down from there, tried some other tactics but we conceded way too many not matter what I did. Fullbacks were terrible and my midfield couldn't create chances and I got sacked :D. Don't think lower league is for me. Reloading it from a couple of months prior where I'm 1 point above the drop (my last save). I know "it's your tactics" but I'm trying to do a 4 - 4 - 2 where I can use my decent strikers but me and 4 - 4 - 2 don't work very well.

Well since being sacked, I reloaded, looked at the strength of my team and molded a tactic around that and I've not lost in the 5 games I've played! 4 wins and 1 draw(I should of lost, RB crossed it over and it evaded everyone including their goalkeeper for us to equalise late on).

[Edit] Since I posted in here, I lost my next game 1 - 0 :(. Better team, I actually had CCC unlike them but we lost, on and up still!

Tactic (this isn't my first choice team, they need rotating due to fitness):

cd6ec4c3ff5a856dd202134412f3191a.png

So it doesn't look like I'm speaking to myself, how is everyone else getting on?!

Just finished first season, after a good start we hit a blip mid season with players requesting to play first team even tho they are crap and back up to first team ruining the morale of the squad and at one point I was dragged into a board meeting and told to up morale in the team or I be shown the door, so every player that tried to upset the dressing room was instantly sacked.

Only started pre season so I will update once the league starts

I'm having a great save with FC United at the minute :D 3 seasons in so far.

First season finished 4th and got promoted to the Vanarama Nation League. Played 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2

- Top scorer Wolfenden scored 23 and had avg rating of 7.01

- Surprise of the season was definitely Callum Byrne, played amazingly and got our Player of the Season (3 years in a row now!), also Luke Ashworth and Chris Lynch were solid at the back, Tom Brown great in midfield, Lindfield on the right was good.

- Signings that did well this season; Carlos Logan (left winger, can play all down the left side) Richard Wright (Defensive midfielder)

Second season finished 16th barely avoided relegation. 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1

- Top scorer this season was Ryan Kendell with a meager 10 goals in 29 apps.

- Callum Byrne again was the best player. LuKe Ashworth was solid again.

- Signings that did well(ish); Ryan Kendell (ST), Matt Rhead (ST), Jamie Menagh (AML/C), Taylor Parmenter (DC, DM), Ben Parker (DL), Evandro Rachoni (GK), Charlie Joyce (MC/MR)

Third season, after a change of formation to three at the back with wingbacks we did much better and finished 4th and promoted to the Sky Bet League 2. Played 5-3-1-1. Had the best defense in the league.

- Top scorer was Freddie Ladapo with 19 goals, the wingback system was paying off with new signing Lewis Turner getting 12 assists from right wingback.

- Callum Byrne again lol Ashworth still solid, now in a three. Loan signing Nick Taylor (regen) from our affiliate Millwall was amazing at AMC as a Shadow Striker scored 11 goals most of them screamers including Goal of the Season

- Signings that did (very) well; Lewis Turner (DRLC, WB/MR) Ben Wyatt (D/WBL), Noe Baba (DRC), Dale Bennet (DC), Jonte Smith (AMC, ST), Jonathon Diba (GK), Freddie Ladapo (AMR, ST), Wilfried Gnahore (MC, AMRLC)

I think the Sky Bet League 2 will be a bit much for us next season, we'll be very lucky to stay up. I'm hoping Callum Byrne keeps up his beastly form next season :D

The board have been pretty good in terms of upgrading training and youth facilities.

• 3 weeks later...
Any one recommend a good assistant Manager for FC United?

Just look for Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential and Man Management. I like to add tactical knowledge in there and then see if any that come in are good at training in an area. I'd stick Level of Discipline in, Motivation and Determination but not at that level.

So... Tried twice a career with FC United and found out how hard it is to hire players who are at least above average, so i made a little list of the top picks you guys can get for free, this will help a lot, these are the best picks i could found, all of then picked just as you start the game.

GK: Matt Gledhill

DC: Ryan Mckinnon, Luke Greaves

LB: Evan Finnegan

RB: Michael Abnett, Ben Glasgow

MC: Jamey Osborne

ML: Lewis Sirrell

AMC: Navid Nasseri

ST: Matthew Fletcher

Those are the top picks for you guys, get at least 80% of these guys and you should be fine.

PS.: Some of then will deny interest in your club at first but if you keep trying they will eventually sign for you.

Into my 3rd season with FCUM, we're in League 2 and was struggling! So started to look at threads and guides to help me and came across how you set your side up Spillblood and started to see much better football, Matt Tubbs was starting to be a threat in the box and scored a few! Had an epic game against Bury away in the FA Cup 1st round finishing 3-3, we were 3-1 up!

Signings so far: Michael Kelly (40k from Leicester, AML), Miko Virtanen (AF loan, Everton), Scott Burgess (MC loan, Bury), Courtney Cameron (ML free), Rod McDonald (DC loan, Dover), Jimmy Dunne (DC free in 16/17 season) hot prospect needs to work on passing straight away, Dan Spence (RB 20k Sutton Utd) and Oliver Byrne (GK free)

Mid-Low table at the mo so hopefully will survive and build our rep up to strengthen the squad to at least a decent league 2 side. Keep up the good work guys!

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats :D. How many seasons did it take? Nice to see Rotherham in the Championship :thup:.

It took me 6 seasons, the only time i did not get promoted straight up was on the championship.

Premier League is being really hard, though, 11 games in and im 16th, but that's fine, my team is pretty young and weak atm!

Which players did you buy on the way to championship?

My best signs were:

Season 1: Ben Glasgow, Jamey Osborn, Carlos Logan

Season 2: Antonio German, Christian Hill (still on my team), George O'Neill and Dominic Bernard

Season 3: Alexander Schlager (still on my team), Fawzi Ouaamar (still on my team, awesome player, gave me so many wins, he's too good for this level), Ismael Diomandé, Abdoulaty Koté and 2 regens

Season 4: Luis Emilio Sampedro, Conor Chaplin (on loan)

Season 5: Diego Borghini (still on my team, great player), Jack Stacey (on loan, awesome player and still on my team) and 3 great regens

Season 6: Accursio Bentivegna (still on my team, one of my best signs ever), Rony Lopes (same as Bentivegna)

Season 7: Szczesny and many many regens - this was for my first season on Premier League

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have started a fc united career mode and its going ok

in 8 games i have 7 and drawn 1 not lost as of yet and have only conceded 1 goal

i have made a few key signings such as myles weston and pierre joseph-dubois and juanjo muko

my tactic is a generic 4-4-2 and for tough games a 4-1-4-1 i tend to change the tactics around a bit depending on situation i feel as though in these lower leagues good wingers are a must as between them they have won games from balls in, also when scouting opponents i have noticed that most goals come from the wings so look at the report and potentially mark or close down the biggest goal threats!!

Name:Myles Weston

Nationality:English

Club:Southend

Position: M/AL

Value: 94k

Signed for: 57k

Wages: £1k

Work Permit Needed?: Nope

Stats - in 4 starts he has scored 2 goals and provided 2 assists is a very good player for a vanarama north team, may have to sell a few players to acquire him

Name: Juanjo Muko

Nationality: equatoguinean

Club: Free from Arlesey

Position: ST

Value: 20k

Signed for:free

Wages: £725

Work Permit Needed?: No

Stats - in 4 starts and 3 off the bench he has scored 8 goals and provided 3 assists currently my best player, easy enough to get

Name: Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz

Nationality: Venezuelan

Club: Free

Position: GK

Value: 13.5k

Signed for: Free

Wages:£500

Stats - in 8 starts he has only conceded 1 goal again easy to get

Name: Pierre Joseph-Dubois

Nationality: French

Club: Bromley

Position: M/AR

Value: 15k

Signed for: 12,5k

Wages: £850

Stats - in 7 starts he has provided 7 assists and has led to us winning many games very late on again easy to get

here are my best players

im hoping to push forward and win the league then next season thin out the dead wood and get a few players in to strengthen the side.

Archived