Training a new position

So it works automatically Cleon? I can't select it it seems.

No it doesn't do it automatically. You select the train current playing position option. So you have to be playing him in the position you want to train for around 5 games beforehand or it'll keep reverting to his natural position.

• 2 weeks later...
While on this topic... Is it now impossible to train a player in a role without training the position?

Say I want to train an ML as an Inside Forward. I now have to pick AML as the ML position won't have the IF training schedule?

Yes but he will still only be learning the IF role.

Might be a daft question Cleon, but if you have to play the player in the position you want to train him, how does that work then for youth's? You physically need to manage them now in order to retrain positions?

It looks that way.

Is it worth training a player in a position if he is already accomplished in that position?

It depends on you really, there is no real benefit from training to natural really. But I still do it just because really.

I'm one of them...

can we train a new position without training a specific role? if so, how?

You have to play him in the position you want him to retrain to then you select the 'playing position' option.

You have to play him in the position you want him to retrain to then you select the 'playing position' option.

well it is confusing to me, this used to be much more clear. Very counter-intuitive if you ask me, but of course it's just my opinion.

Retraining players by not playing them in the position before hand was counter-intuitive and not something that ever happens in football. I do however think the retraining bit could be done better and made more clear.

Is there any way we can set an individuals intensity of training? I did it on FM15 so that any injury prone players would only be training on light intensity whilst I had the rest of the squad on medium.

You can no longer set an intensity level. Instead, this is reflected under "Individual Training Workload" (can be seen on both Training > Individual and Development > Training).This will update as you add/remove further areas of training, eg. an additional focus or a PPM.

Although injury proneness is a stat that mainly impacts the ME so he shouldn't pick any more or less injuries up via training.

You can no longer set an intensity level. Instead, this is reflected under "Individual Training Workload" (can be seen on both Training > Individual and Development > Training).This will update as you add/remove further areas of training, eg. an additional focus or a PPM.

Although injury proneness is a stat that mainly impacts the ME so he shouldn't pick any more or less injuries up via training.

Thanks for clearing that up Cleon.

Retraining players by not playing them in the position before hand was counter-intuitive and not something that ever happens in football. I do however think the retraining bit could be done better and made more clear.

I think it's really not clear. I take your explanation for good but still don't understand why we can choose to train, for example, Wing Back RIGHT or Wing Back LEFT, that is in fact the position, not the role. I'm finding it hard to even explain that here :p

I think it's really not clear. I take your explanation for good but still don't understand why we can choose to train, for example, Wing Back RIGHT or Wing Back LEFT, that is in fact the position, not the role. I'm finding it hard to even explain that here :p

You can but for that to happen you select the 'playing position' option when they have been played in the Wing back slots. The playing position option to changes to whatever position he is currently playing in the side, so in your tactic you'd place someone as wingback the after they've played there the playing position will change to fullback/wingback and then you can teach them the new position.

You can but for that to happen you select the 'playing position' option when they have been played in the Wing back slots. The playing position option to changes to whatever position he is currently playing in the side, so in your tactic you'd place someone as wingback the after they've played there the playing position will change to fullback/wingback and then you can teach them the new position.

That's not what I'm seeing. I can apparently select any position to train from Wing Back Right to Inside Forward Left to Striker, without having played my player in any of those position. I'm also informed about how competent (or not) said player is in each position. So I can actually select any possible position to train, and THEN I also have to select a role for that position. Or at least this is what I'm led to believe atm.

We've asked SI for clarification because some people are seeing changes when doing the above like you and others aren't. I just did a quick test with the in game editor and saw what you was saying above. This seems to have changed (or maybe it was bugged before) and seems to be different to what we saw during beta. I'll update the thread if and when we get a response for all :)

It's looking like that training is doing dual things this time around. So if you teach someone a role that they can't currently play (like teaching a left back the inside forward role and so on) over time they will become more familiar with playing in that position too. So I thought I'd update you all.

Not sure I agree with this but that's another matter and needs to be brought up elsewhere I think.

Any danger of "very high" individual workloads leading to a lot of training injuries in FM16?

It depends on the personality of the player. More professional and ambitious the player, the higher the workload they will need.

Archived