Board takeovers

In my game when I was manager of Real Madrid, Deportivo were taken over by a rich Latvian businessman. They were actually bankrupt and when he took over they were rich with a transfer budget of £70m. That is the only time I ever saw a rich takeover in the game.

I've never been taken over because my Chairman has always loved the club but I did see Southampton be in takeover talks for 6 months with a local business consortium before a Greek tycoon came in and bought the club, hired Sven, brought players like Healy and Dabo but couldn't take them into the EPL. Three seasons later he sold to a local consortium which was kinda realistic :)

In my 2nd season with Auxerre, I was informed of a board takeover! I was so excited as its never happened to me before! I was all ready to look on my shortlist to see who I wanted that I couldn't currently afford!

All that happened was they took out a loan to clear the debt's, and said "they could not provide any financial backing at this moment in time". Pretty much back where I started!

I had a takeover of my Leeds team in FM07. Was a load of Egyptians who took over, didn't sack me and gave me £50m to spend in the Championship. Obvously I got promoted and they gave me about £40m a season to spend thereafter. That's the only one I have ever been involved in.

what kind of teams are the "ideal candidates" for takeovers in the game? Im at a rubbish Israeli club now with about 50p in the bank. I think they were promoted into the second tier of Israeli football just before I took over and we have a strong enough squad now to get another promotion this year.....surely some Arabs would invest in me?

what kind of teams are the "ideal candidates" for takeovers in the game? Im at a rubbish Israeli club now with about 50p in the bank. I think they were promoted into the second tier of Israeli football just before I took over and we have a strong enough squad now to get another promotion this year.....surely some Arabs would invest in me?

doubt it tbh :p

I haven't experienced one but in my game Arsenal got taken over and they sacked Arsene Wenger with a view to get Frank Rijkaard. Two weeks later they hadn't got their man and unsuccessfully offered me the job and had to settle for some random Mexican guy who failed to qualify them for Europe and got sacked after a year in charge (while Arsene was leading France to international success).

Hope there will be more board takeovers in 2009 because that's how the world works today IRL. Hope the small clubs could be bought too as some rich people buy their local teams or favorite teams. 1899 Hoffenheim from Germany has got a rich owner right? Think they climbed from lower divisions in Germany to Bundesliga very fast.

Was with Liverpool bout 7 years into the game and just had won the league twice in a row, when news broke of a board takeover by a business man with spanish links. Then a bit later it was reported that he wanted to bring in his own Spanish manager, so i thought "they can't do that to me, i've just won the league!".

The takeover eventually went through and i didn't get the sack.......or so I thought. Bout 2 weeks after it went through I got sacked and they brought in a new manager!!!

Couldn't believe it, was so shocked! They didn't even bring in a spanish manager they got a german manager!!

almost every game i start with man utd the board gets taken over, usually towards the end of the first season when the interest payments on the loan are killing them. despite gill "loving the club" he leaves, i get told i will get no new financial benefit, but the clubs balance (usually around the £-5m mark) is restored to like 500k and thats it :S

Archived