Wage Budget:

Finances:

Board Expectation(s):

Key Players:

Pros:

Cons:

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult):

Additional Information:

Template Two - For users who aren't quite sure what team to be and would like some advice.

Nation:

Division:

European Competition:

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other:

Simply copy and paste the template above into your post box and enter the information required and others will do the rest!!!

If you need any further advice on your specific club, please look in our Official Forum Links Thread.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets kick this off.....

Nation: European league (Italy, England, Spain, Germany)

Division:any

European Competition:none

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s):any

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any

Finances: any

Other:

Sleeping Giant, interesting back story/history looking for a game to really invest my time in.

lets kick this off.....

Nation: European league (Italy, England, Spain, Germany)

Division:any

European Competition:none

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s):any

Other:

Sleeping Giant, interesting back story/history looking for a game to really invest my time in.

Italy: Pro Vercelli

England: Nottingham Forest, FC United of Manchester & Leeds - Forest start off under a transfer embargo whilst Leeds have Cellino as chairman/owner. FCUM are a fan owned club who weren't happy with the Glazer's takeover of United years ago.

Spain: Real Oviedo

Germany: RB Leipzig & Darmstadt

How about Aston Villa. Great prospect in Grealish, good players like- Gil, Richards, Amavi, Westwood, et al. However, even though I think we have the team to avoid relegation, in game at least, it will certainly be a challenge, finances, reputation wise etc.

I have decided on Darmstadt or Sheffield Wednesday, just need to pick between the two!

Darmstadt is winning at the moment but i do think i will get relegated and sacked quite early doors, where has sheff wed i may not.

Whatever happens to you, if you take Darmstadt, I'd be happy to read about it in the Darmstadt-Thread. :)

Nation: any of the larger ones

Division: Second preferably

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: mid - high

Board Expectation(s): reasonable

Transfer Budget: decent

Wage Budget: decent

Finances: not awful but not fussed

Other: good to build a young team with

Nation: any of the larger ones

Division: Second preferably

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: mid - high

Board Expectation(s): reasonable

Transfer Budget: decent

Wage Budget: decent

Finances: not awful but not fussed

Other: good to build a young team with

Try SC Freiburg in Germany, 2. Bundesliga. They have one of the best Youth Academies in Germany. Some great potential there, and always good newgens coming through. Just got relegated last year to Second Division, and certainly one of the stronger teams, but competition is quite fierce in the 2. Bundesliga, there are lots of big fish swimming there. You have a transfer budget of approximately € 1,5 million.

Alternatively: FC Metz or AJ Auxerre in French Ligue 2. Also clubs with youth potential in abundance, great youth facilities and boards who emphasize youth building.

Nation: England (or Wales if Newport)

Division: League Two

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Best possible

Wage Budget: Best possible

Finances: Best Possible

Other: Prefer a team within 2-3 hours of London by train (I will go there next year so I might consider a trip to see my FM team); was Orient in 14 and Argyle in 15 so would like a different team. Any info on why it is a good team to play would also be appreciated.

Club:SC Ashdod

Division: Isreali National League (2nd tier)

Transfer Budget: Think it was around £150k

Wage Budget:

Finances:Healthy - around £2million in the bank

Board Expectation(s): Win promotion

Key Players: Michael Ohana, Remy Biancardini (only on loan though), Or Inbrum and Gadi Kinda

Pros: Just been relegated to the second tier for the first time since a merger seen the club formed (1999) and have a squad easily capable of winning promotion in the first season, with a few talented young Isreali players to build the team around for the future.

Cons: Only allowed 3 foreign players in the first season, not sure if this rule changes in the top league. Contracts also seem to be restricted to one-year extensions in this league, again I imagine that will change with promotion.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 4, fairly easy to win promotion and the challenge should come with trying to win the Premier League/make an impact in Europe

Additional Information:

Nation: UK

Division: National League (Conference in old money)

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: Top 5

Board Expectation(s): Top 5

Transfer Budget: £100k+

Wage Budget: at least have some spare budget

Finances: secure or ok, not insecure or worse

Other:

Last year played as Gateshead who fitted the above criteria. Would love a bit of a breakdown of the predicted top 10 if poss – to include Team name, predicted finish, board expectations, budget and financial situation, for example Grimsby 4th Promotion £100k Secure, Kidderminster 8th Survival £0 Insecure

Nation: Any

Division: Not the top league

Media Prediction: n/a

Board Expectation(s): n/a

Transfer Budget: anything

Wage Budget: anything

Finances: anything

Other: I'm looking for a club with amazing real life fans. I'm thinking Dynamo Dresden in Germany. Any others like this around the world?

Club: Walsall FC

Division: League 1

Transfer Budget: around 500k

Wage Budget: 400k

Finances: 7,5m (2,5m in debt)

Board Expectation(s): 6th if I remember correctly

Key Players: Sam Mantom, Jason Demetriou. Anthony Forde, Neil Etheridge, Paul Downing, Rico Henry ( extreme talent ) and Tom Bradshaw, whom scored 44 goals in 38 games for me.

Pros: A few good players that will be develop in to Championship and Premier league level.

Cons: Not the biggest budget in the league, hard to get transfer targets interested and a bad coaching staff.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 5

Additional Information: I won the league my first season without having any difficulty, I would reccomend picking up a decent old back up striker in case of Tom Bradshaw getting injured. I am now in 3rd place in the championship after a half played season. Downing, Mantom, Etheridge, Rico Henry, Paul Downing and Tom Bradshaw are still performing good. New signings I reccomend are: Jires Kembo-Ekoko, good enough for PL, Daryl Horgan, Stephen Mallan and Selim Amallah.

Nation: England, Spain, Italy, Uruguay, Mexico or China

Division: Top

European Competition: Maybe

Media Prediction: Top

Board Expectation(s): lowest

Transfer Budget: Enough to let me rebuild or find decent youth

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other:

Im considering a few clubs to start a long career save at. I want to do a lot of seasons at my starter club and then move around after 10-20 seasons. I'm thinking of starting with a pretty dominant club who i can make in to world beaters, bring through the youth that i can buy and win the continental competitions.

My Choices are

Barca or Real Madrid - Great teams already and I can make them in to absolute superclubs and maybe expand or get a new 100,000 seater stadium would be cool.

Tottenham - the team i support because they have a great team and good budget and are moving to New White Hart Lane.

Penarol - Uruguayan team who are favourites to win the league. Its a great challenge to win the Copa Libertadores and bring youth through from uruguay and south america. Also a new stadium.

America (MEX) - Will dominate Mexican football and are really rich with the legendary Azteca Stadium and big sponsor income.

Guizhou Renhe - Sentimental team. They have a good budget, i can make them try to overcome the spending power of Guangzhou and hope I can make the Chinese national team better.

What do you think lads?

Nation: England, Spain, Italy, Uruguay, Mexico or China

Division: Top

European Competition: Maybe

Media Prediction: Top

Board Expectation(s): lowest

Transfer Budget: Enough to let me rebuild or find decent youth

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other:

Im considering a few clubs to start a long career save at. I want to do a lot of seasons at my starter club and then move around after 10-20 seasons. I'm thinking of starting with a pretty dominant club who i can make in to world beaters, bring through the youth that i can buy and win the continental competitions.

My Choices are

Barca or Real Madrid - Great teams already and I can make them in to absolute superclubs and maybe expand or get a new 100,000 seater stadium would be cool.

Tottenham - the team i support because they have a great team and good budget and are moving to New White Hart Lane.

Penarol - Uruguayan team who are favourites to win the league. Its a great challenge to win the Copa Libertadores and bring youth through from uruguay and south america. Also a new stadium.

America (MEX) - Will dominate Mexican football and are really rich with the legendary Azteca Stadium and big sponsor income.

Guizhou Renhe - Sentimental team. They have a good budget, i can make them try to overcome the spending power of Guangzhou and hope I can make the Chinese national team better.

What do you think lads?

None of those really shout challenge to me.

What about a club like Real Betis, Or R. Zaragoza former European cup champions langishing in Liga Adelante?

Nation: Not overly fussed - Possibly Prefer Europe

Division:Either Top or 2nd

European Competition:Not Required, but maybe expected to qualify or need to qualify to balance the books etc

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s): Keep club a float, Qualify for Europe to keep balance sheet or have to sell players to keep in the black

Transfer Budget:

Other - Need to have a good youth system, want to bring players through and sell on (Prefer own academy players rather than posted wonderkids)

Wage Budget:

Finances: Not Rich - Not Broke but the need to develop a cash flow through player sales

Other:Would not mind if the club were once the Favorites of their nation - Sort of like a sleeping giant or a club that should have won plenty but never did

European Competition:Not Required, but maybe expected to qualify or need to qualify to balance the books etc

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s): Keep club a float, Qualify for Europe to keep balance sheet or have to sell players to keep in the black

Transfer Budget:

Other - Need to have a good youth system, want to bring players through and sell on (Prefer own academy players rather than posted wonderkids)

Wage Budget:

Finances: Not Rich - Not Broke but the need to develop a cash flow through player sales

Other:Would not mind if the club were once the Favorites of their nation - Sort of like a sleeping giant or a club that should have won plenty but never did

I think I know the exact club for you! But if you don't head back to Zurich, you might try the likes of St Etienne (ASSE). The club ticks many of your boxes, but they do start in the Europa League. I'm definitely going back there having enjoyed it greatly last time (FM14). Other than that, maybe some suitable teams in Germany? Or perhaps Athens, as I would imagine Greek clubs have some financial trouble?

Media Prediction:

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Trabzonspor in Turkey? Not sure how they are in FM16, but financially they are all over the place historically.

Or Bari in the Italian Serie B currently. A financial train wreck or financial opportunity. You decide. A 58000 capacity stadium with nowhere near enough fans to fill it.

Academies and local youth in Turkey and Italy should keep your bank balance fed if you play it right?

Want a premier league team apart from my United save as a challenge and for that sweet, sweet TV money..

I like teams with fairly young players and a few prospects, who have the potential to start rising and challenging for Europa places. So far, I think I'm torn between Stoke, Villa, and Palace.

Stoke are a very interesting project, with their transition into a tiki taka team, and it'd be interesting using players like Butland, Shaqiri, and Bojan, while trying to move no Crouch, Walters, Whelan, and bring in more technical young players. Villa have a good young team to build upon, and Palace are quite exciting, with Zaha and Bolasie potentially causing havoc, and the great Cabaye, along with good quality in depth.

I also wouldn't turn down the opportunity to move to a bigger club after 2-3 years of making a name for myself.

What do you guys think?

Nation: Germany, France, Italy or Spain

Division: Lowest possible

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: Prefered top 10

Board Expectation(s): realistic if possible

Other: The team should have the best youth setup possible (especially youth recruitment should be high).

Other: The team should have the best youth setup possible (especially youth recruitment should be high).

I'm having one of the best games I've had in years with Italian Lega Pro side A.C. Pavia. Board expectations are realistic for the size of the club, team is decent and there's room to develop the entire club from stadium expansion to youth facilities and setup

Club: Everton

Division: English Premier League

Transfer Budget: £1.4 Mil (100% of what you generate)

Wage Budget:£1.4 Mil per week

Finances:You need to stay in the Premier League lets put it that way - Debt is £144 million

Board Expectation(s): Promote players through the youth academy - Europe and FA Cup 6th Round are the targets

Key Players: John Stones, Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley, Kevin Mirallas, Romelu Lukaku

Pros: A good team is already in place and there are further good players coming through the ranks

Cons: The big guns are constantly after your payers - You sell them you may not attract anything better - its hard!

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 7 - I would say this is a tough cookie to crack but if you crack it

Additional Information: 'Once Everton has touched, nothing will be the same'

Nation: Big European (England, Germany, Spain, Italy or France)

Division: Second or Third

Media Prediction and board expectations: Promotion candidate

Basically I'm looking for a lower division club that has potential to grow into a real powerhouse (relatively quickly). Something like Palermo was in FM14 when they had been relegated from Serie A previous season.

Nation: England

Division: Champ, L1 or L2

European Competition:N/A

Media Prediction: Not relegation fodder

Board Expectation(s): Not entirely important

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Stable

Other: For their level, really good training facilities and academy facilities.

Want to start a new game when it comes out with a non prem team (L1 preferably) with a decent squad, with good training facilities and academy so room to develop the club nicely.

Basically I'm looking for a lower division club that has potential to grow into a real powerhouse (relatively quickly). Something like Palermo was in FM14 when they had been relegated from Serie A previous season.

England:

Championship: Fulham, Wolves?, QPR, Derby, Boro.

They're probably the best of the bunch within the Championship off the top of my head. Not sure on any of the others.

Want to start a new game when it comes out with a non prem team (L1 preferably) with a decent squad, with good training facilities and academy so room to develop the club nicely.

I would say Crewe but they're predicted to finished 24th. In the Championship I would say Wolves and possibly Fulham. Also in League One you have Coventry but I'm not sure what they're finances are like.

Derby County, from the poster one or two above is a good shout & with their inital squad (Chris Martin, Bradley Johnson, Scott Carson, Thoms Ince etc...) you'd possess a squad that should be winning promotion without a doubt.

Bury in League One have superb facilities for both training and academy I believe(?). Pretty decent squad too, so first season for me you'd have a team capable of a promotion push or at least the playoffs.

Anyone? :/

Anyone? :/

Strasbourg in National (3rd french division)

Had a good save with them last year, as far as i remember you have great youth facilities and training camp, and even a quite big stadium, don't remember the youth recruitment indeed

Strasbourg in National (3rd french division)

Had a good save with them last year, as far as i remember you have great youth facilities and training camp, and even a quite big stadium, don't remember the youth recruitment indeed

Thanks. Will take a look at them when i'm back home.

Is the National the lowest playable league in france? I got a bet with my friend who will collect more achievments this year. And there is the one with "bring a Team from the lowest to the highest league"... :)

Thanks. Will take a look at them when i'm back home.

Is the National the lowest playable league in france? I got a bet with my friend who will collect more achievments this year. And there is the one with "bring a Team from the lowest to the highest league"... :)

I did the achievement with them, lowest possible playable league, CFA is unplayable ;)

If you want to play in Germany, you can try Hansa Rostock. They have the best facilities in the 3. Liga. Not sure if the Youth standard is top-top, but it there whereabouts, and they spot a pretty big stadium on top (29,000 places), as they used to play 1. Bundesliga 1995-2005.

Nation: UK

Division: National League (Conference in old money)

Media Prediction: Top 5

Board Expectation(s): Top 5

Transfer Budget: £100k+

Wage Budget: at least have some spare budget

Finances: secure or ok, not insecure or worse

Other:

Last year played as Gateshead who fitted the above criteria. Would love a bit of a breakdown of the predicted top 10 if poss – to include Team name, predicted finish, board expectations, budget and financial situation, for example Grimsby 4th Promotion £100k Secure, Kidderminster 8th Survival £0 Insecure

any ideas ?

Anyone playing with Cambridge in L2? I try to pick a new L2 team each year and it looks like a lot of others are asking as well. Just curious because they have the highest combined transfer and wage budget in the league.

Club: Nacional da Madeira

Division: Portuguese Premier League

Transfer Budget: £100k

Wage Budget: £60k

Finances: £2m+

Board Expectation(s): lower mid table

Key Players: Gottardi,Agra,Miguel Rodrigues

Pros: Top Training & Youth Facilities, low expectations(lower mid table) for a starting squad that can fight for Europa spot, has a few players who can be sold for nice boost to transfer budget at start to help mold a team to compete.

Cons: having to fight the big 3 in terms of financial power whilst keeping hold of your betters players on very small contracts, limited Euro spots can hurt when trying to compete with Porto,Benfica & Sporting who all start with vastly superior teams. Small stadium that will need improving if its going to compete in europe (5k at the start).

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 6 - can be difficult financially sometimes although no rules on WP's can help bring in cheap african/south american players which can make it a lot easier.

Additional Information:

known for its training facilities that also was the youth club that C.Ronaldo started at if your a fan of him. Home games are special due to being a Portuguese island of which your the main football team of the whole island.

Club: Hamburger SV

Division: Bundesliga

Transfer Budget: projected transfer budget of €5.9 million at end of first season

Wage Budget: €790,000-a-week

Finances: Around €45 million-worth of net debt remaining; restricts early budgets, but provides an enjoyable challenge, moving from season-to-season. Subsequently, you only retain 60% of funds generated from player sales

Board Expectation(s): A mid-table Bundesliga finish and a certainly achievable saunter to, at least, the third round of the DFB-Pokal

Key Players: Johan Djourou, Albin Ekdal, Lewis Holtby and Pierre-Michel Lasogga

Pros: One of Germany's grandest football clubs, based in one of Germany's largest cities - it's good fun at least trying to take them back to the pinnacle of German football. Moreover, the current squad at your disposable is one with a fair amount of ability and experience

Cons: By no means a con for me, but some may find the restricted budgets frustrating

Nation: Enland, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Portugal.

Division: 1st or 2nd division

European Competition: Unimportant

Media Prediction: Midtable and under

Board Expectation(s): Reasonable

Transfer Budget: Unimportant

Wage Budget: Unimportant

Finances: Anything, so long as the club isn't completely bankrupt

Other: Top class youth facilities, I plan on trying to only use players from my academy.

The clubs that instantly spring to mind are the likes of Bilbao and Southampton. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Nation: Any country in the Euro

Division: Top/Second

European Competition: Euro cup

Media Prediction:Any

Board Expectation(s):mid or avoid relegation

Transfer Budget: Enough to pick up one or two players to make an impact

Wage Budget: n/a

Finances: Secure

Other:Im looking to expand my knowledge of Football throughout the rest of Europe. Out of all the time playing FM (FM14 and up) ive always managed clubs in England. So now id like some guidance on a club for me to try out. Ideally id like to manage a club that has strong youth programs, with a wide option of growth available. Tha ks!

Nation: Any country in the Euro

Division: Top/Second

European Competition: Euro cup

Media Prediction:Any

Board Expectation(s):mid or avoid relegation

Transfer Budget: Enough to pick up one or two players to make an impact

Wage Budget: n/a

Finances: Secure

Other:Im looking to expand my knowledge of Football throughout the rest of Europe. Out of all the time playing FM (FM14 and up) ive always managed clubs in England. So now id like some guidance on a club for me to try out. Ideally id like to manage a club that has strong youth programs, with a wide option of growth available. Tha ks!

You want a mid- or bottom table club who is playing in Europe? There won't be that many examples to choose from there, that has to be either an overachiever or a surprising cup winner.

In Germany, Freiburg (2nd Division) is a powerhouse for youth development, as is Schalke (1st Division), but Schalkes ambition is more CL than "avoid relegation". FC Augsburg are playing Europe, but are actually a rather small club. Don't know about their youth facilities in FM though, I don't think they are rated outstanding.

In France, there are also a great many number of clubs very strong in youth programs.

In Ligue 1, you have EA Guingamp as Cup winner who plays Europe, but whose ambitions are certainly rather mid table. Laurent Koscielny was formed at the Youth Academy of EA Guingamp, amongst others.

Looking for a team

Division: League 1, League 2, Championship

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): Should not be too hard to ahcieve

Transfer Budget: The bigger transfer budget the better

Wage Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: I'm looking for a team in the lower English divison that i can make a Tony Pulis style tactic with. So they should preferably have a good target man and a long throw specialist if possible. If the team have some money so i can bring in my own players that would be great too.

Looking for a team

Division: League 1, League 2, Championship

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): Should not be too hard to ahcieve

Transfer Budget: The bigger transfer budget the better

Wage Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: I'm looking for a team in the lower English divison that i can make a Tony Pulis style tactic with. So they should preferably have a good target man and a long throw specialist if possible. If the team have some money so i can bring in my own players that would be great too.

Wigan (league 1) or Wolves (championship)

Archived