FM16: Should I Buy/Sell Thread

Ty

FM16 Should I Buy/Sell

mourinho-madrid.jpg

Struggling to make up your mind about a particular deal? Or maybe just wondering who the better option would be? This is the thread to help make up your mind. Post away and please stick to the below format:

Buying/Selling:

Player Name:

Your Team:

Buyer/Seller:

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season:

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will be moving Mata out as should generate a fair bit of income(great little player but want a faster player to play on the right side of attack)

will also try rooney/fellaini

try to address United's lack of pace/goal scoring up front

I hear Nani is one to watch

:)

will be moving Mata out as should generate a fair bit of income(great little player but want a faster player to play on the right side of attack)

will also try rooney/fellaini

try to address United's lack of pace/goal scoring up front

Play Mata as CAM, enjoy the rewards.

but Arsenal don't exactly have the depth in defence (okay, Paulista gets promoted)

make sure you've lined up the replacement (Balanta is basically a straight swap at 3m)

Mazuch (formerly Dnipro) and Hegazi (formerly Perugia) are two options that are on the freebie list (as backup if you want to promote)

but Arsenal don't exactly have the depth in defence (okay, Paulista gets promoted)

make sure you've lined up the replacement (Balanta is basically a straight swap at 3m)

Mazuch (formerly Dnipro) and Hegazi (formerly Perugia) are two options that are on the freebie list (as backup if you want to promote)

mazuch is out with an injury for 6mths though

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Phillipe Coutinho

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: £30m

Offer: ​Have agreed to buy him for £47m upfront plus £5m after 30 league appearances, £5m after 20 League goals and £3m after 10 International appearances

Transfer/Wage Budget: £60m

Patch: Beta

Season: 1

Not sure on this. It basically wipes out my budget and isn't an area that Arsenal need to strenghten. But an AM line up of Sanchez, Ozil & Coutinho sounds pretty good as well.

Selling

Paul Pogba

Man City

40m + 10m after 12months + 14m after 10 international games

2nd season (the Euro's are ongoing)

I have lined up Thiago (Bayern) for 29m as a replacement

I don't need the money, but he also complained about wanting a move to City earlier in the year

I'd try not too, I reckon you could get a better deal aswell. I don't think Thiago is probably the right place to replace Pogba. What roles do you play him in and how would you play Thiago?

I play Pogba as an MC with an APa role

Honestly it's given me mixed results (averaged under 7 before January), but picked up in the second half of the year

Those mixed results is why I'm tempted to take the money, allowing me to improve the squad (Thiago as direct replacement, plus other improvements for the CL tilt)

edit: this save has a shelf life on 10 more days anyway (till the fullgame [or editor] drops, as I create my own team - the new feature doesn't quite provide what I want)

so it's more of a post to get things moving here, hopefully providing a decent discussion

Selling

Paul Pogba

Man City

I don't need the money, but he also complained about wanting a move to City earlier in the year

Thiago is made of glass though, tore my hair out with him playing as Bayern as he was almost constantly injured. To use a car analogy, Pogba is the Honda that will keep going endlessly while Thiago is the Peugeot that breaks down all the time.:D

If you insist on selling Pogba, might I suggest Bernado Silva from Monaco as an adequate alternative to Thiago? Cheaper & younger too.

Selling

Player Name: Ward-Prowse

Your Team: Southampton

Buyer: Chelsea

Player's Value:9m (increased it to £25m to try and stop the interest)

Offer: £24m + £10m of addons (5m over 48m and 5m based on appearances

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season: July Season 1

Selling:

Player Name: Theo Walcott

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £34

Offer: £57

Transfer/Wage Budget: £83M / £797K p/w

Patch: 16.0.2

Season: 2nd

Don't really need the money, but that's a lot of cash. He has been playing really well though, and he's homegrown...

Selling

Player Name: Ward-Prowse

Your Team: Southampton

Buyer: Chelsea

Player's Value:9m (increased it to £25m to try and stop the interest)

Offer: £24m + £10m of addons (5m over 48m and 5m based on appearances

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season: July Season 1

Not at all. I'd want more money. He's HG and can be a quality player.

Selling:

Player Name: Theo Walcott

Player's Value: £34

Offer: £57

Transfer/Wage Budget: £83M / £797K p/w

Patch: 16.0.2

Don't really need the money, but that's a lot of cash. He has been playing really well though, and he's homegrown...

57mil for Walcott? I'd bite their hand off. Just depends how well he is playing and whether you can find a replacement? Maybe even Ox?

57mil for Walcott? I'd bite their hand off. Just depends how well he is playing and whether you can find a replacement? Maybe even Ox?

Not sure what you mean by "I'd bite their hand off," but he's been playing pretty well. I've actually been rotating between him and Ox on the right wing. I do have Yarmolenko and Gabriel Barbosa who can probably play there in his place, but I'm not sure if they'll be as good, definitely not in terms of speed.

Player Name: Jack Grealish

Your Team: AC Milan

Buyer/Seller: Villa

Player's Value: £4.6m

Offer: £9.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £41m transfer budget/£300k wages free

Season: End of First Season

Villa have bene relegated so I'm looking at potentially buying Grealish. I have already had a bid accepted for Sansone who looks a better player, so Grealish would likely come in as a back-up for Cerci on the right wing. Is he worth the money? Anyone managed him on the new game? How does he develop?

Selling

Paul Pogba

Man City

I wouldn't sell the best CM on the game for anything less than £100m :D

Player Name: Jack Grealish

Your Team: AC Milan

Buyer/Seller: Villa

Player's Value: £4.6m

Offer: £9.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £41m transfer budget/£300k wages free

Season: End of First Season

Villa have bene relegated so I'm looking at potentially buying Grealish. I have already had a bid accepted for Sansone who looks a better player, so Grealish would likely come in as a back-up for Cerci on the right wing. Is he worth the money? Anyone managed him on the new game? How does he develop?

I've rejected offers of over £50m for Grealish. His player value is over £30m, he won young player of the year in the 2nd season and he is a regular for England. His best season he got 19 goals, 18 assists, 8 POM and 7.39 in a team constantly making changes to tactics and not really settling on any sory of role (he played all across the att mid).

So yeah, worth it. Although I will add that his personality is not ideal for development. He need to either be tutored or play a lot of first team football to develop.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Marlon

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Barca

Player's Value: £24m

Offer: £52m + £8.5m in clauses

Transfer/Wage Budget: £89m transfer budget / £3m above my allowed yearly wage expenditure towards FFP so I can't really make any big moves

Season: Start of fourth Season

I can't seem to find a suitable replacement for him. I tried to get Vallejo, but RM gave him a new contract. Süle doesn't want to join.

The added problem is that Marlon is only on £50k wages and any replacement who is as good as him I expect will ask for twice that, and it will be much harder for me to satisfy FFP.

In addition I can't really spend the money, and I expect lots of it will be eaten up by the board at the end of the season.

£61m is way too much to refuse though, right?

In my team I have Phil Jones as his backup, and a young Dutch player called Sherel Floranus, who looks like an good player for a Championship side but with potential to reach Phil Jones' level.

You can't replace him.

The new guy will cost you higher wages.

You can't spend the money.

Why selling then?

It's not a business simulation, it's a football simulation. Your goal is not to make the most money but to win football matches. ;)

Personally, i'd sell in a heartbeat. Whenever i'm offered significantly more than a player's worth (as in this scenario), i sell regardless of whether there's a ready-made replacement (though in truth, being unfathomably tragic, i've usually got a list of potential replacements for everyone in my team). To me, the game gets boring if there's not a certain degree of personnel changes per season - playing with a settled 11 for years doesn't appeal at all. Half the fun of the game is finding a replacement/unearthing a gem.

That's my default stance as well :) Get young or out-of-favor players in and develop them, sell when they generate large offers and replace them with youngsters. It's just the current circumstances has me in a bind. I've been scouting and finding lot's of great young players... just not any decent centerbacks, unless I want to spend £20m ++ and the wages that comes with it. Think I'm gonna stick with Marlon. I've got plenty of years left to sell him for a big fee, i assume :)

Not sure what you mean by "I'd bite their hand off," but he's been playing pretty well. I've actually been rotating between him and Ox on the right wing. I do have Yarmolenko and Gabriel Barbosa who can probably play there in his place, but I'm not sure if they'll be as good, definitely not in terms of speed.

It means I'd sell him :brock:.

Sorry to take over this thread, but I've looked at a few lesser rated player and have managed to come up with a couple of replacement.

Edoardo Goldaniga | Fee: £7.75m | Wages: £30k p w

Eric Dier | Fee: £13.5m | Wages: £43.5k pr w

Screenshots of the players: http://imgur.com/a/yWcCU

So I could basically profit around £50m, save £10-20k in wages, get a slightly worse but still good enough player. It won't change the fact that I can't spend the money yet though and the fiances projection shows the club will likely make £75m in profit this season without this transfer.

Edit: Nevermind, I decided to keep him for now.

Buying/Selling:buying

Player Name: C.Benteke

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller:Liverpool

Player's Value: £18mil

Offer: £14mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20mil

Patch:beta

Season: 1st season, in april

Other: have Kane and batshuayi as forwards but need another one cuz of my 4-4-2 i use sometimes. And batshauyi(sp?) is pretty good as if(a) to the left.

Player Name: mahrez

Buyer/Seller:Leicester

Player's Value:£8

Offer: £12

Transfer/Wage Budget:£20

Season:1st season, in april

Other: would like some backup to Lamela to fill the IF-role

Buying:

Player Name: Eden Hazard

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £43

Offer: £80

Transfer/Wage Budget: £73M / £700K p/w

Patch: 16.0.3

Hazard asked to leave Chelsea and I was able to get a bid accepted for £20M up front and £60M over 4 years, with another £2.5M after 50 apps and £2.5M after 50 goals.

Again, don't really need him, but dare I pass up a chance for a world class player while weakening our chief rival at the same time?

Player Name: C.Benteke

Buyer/Seller:Liverpool

Player's Value: £18mil

Offer: £14mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20mil

Season: 1st season, in april

Other: have Kane and batshuayi as forwards but need another one cuz of my 4-4-2 i use sometimes. And batshauyi(sp?) is pretty good as if(a) to the left.

Player Name: mahrez

Buyer/Seller:Leicester

Player's Value:£8

Offer: £12

Transfer/Wage Budget:£20

Season:1st season, in april

Other: would like some backup to Lamela to fill the IF-role

I'd buy both but if you had to choose I'd pick Mahrez. He looks quality on my game.

Buying:

Hazard asked to leave Chelsea and I was able to get a bid accepted for £20M up front and £60M over 4 years, with another £2.5M after 50 apps and £2.5M after 50 goals.

Again, don't really need him, but dare I pass up a chance for a world class player while weakening our chief rival at the same time?

Why spent that much money when you don't really need :D? That sort of money could strengthen Chelsea.

Buying:

You are handing Chelsea £80M to replace Hazard, thats a Ronaldo-sized warchest you've handed them to replace an Eden Hazard. I'd hardly call that weakening your rivals :lol:

Selling

Player Name: Christian Eriksen

Player's Value: £40

Offer: £65 ( 59 of them is installments over 24 months. ) None negotiable

Transfer/Wage Budget: 35

Season: July 2nd season

Last season he made 6 goals and 13 assist in 42 games, rating 7.36. So not that impressive, who can i get instead if i should sell? Really split here

In terms of his attributes there's not really anyone better that you can get, unless you can tempt and afford the really big stars. I'd keep him. It's a big offer though. Have a look at Lincoln from Gremio as a bargain replacement. Not an ideal playmaker, but a better goal scorer.

Player Name: Andre Gomes (26 years old now)

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: £33m

Offer: £32m + £23.5m in installments + £9.75m after 10 caps. Total may reach £65m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £107m transfer budget / Spending £2m of £2.1m (which is my max for now due to FFP) - Gomes is on £90k and has 3 years left

Season: Start of fifth season

Signed for £35m - Has had 2 and half decent seasons for the club.

1st full season he scored 8, assisted 10 and AVR of 7.28 - Mostly playing in a box to box role

2nd season he scored 2, assisted 7 and AVR of 7.09 - Mostly playing as DLP-D

Main issue is that I don't know who to replace him with. Most players I can find on his level are just as expensive, and there is very few above his level.

I could make do with either a b2b or a dlp, as I can switch my other midfielders around. I've looked around and the big stars are too expensive I think (Pogba, Kovacevic, Jorginho, Koke, Verratti)

Alternatively, and I must admit this kinda tempts me, I use Lincoln and Coutinho as advanced playmakers, but Lincoln has surpassed his compatriot in the last year. So I'm thinking I can retrain Coutinho to a B2b, and go for Ødegaard (£51m release clause) as a rotation for Lincoln.

Ødegaard has spent most of his time out on loan, is worth £23m. CA is 3 stars with a 4th black star in PA. My scout warns me that he might be inconsistent. Gomes is 3,5 stars. The fee is a bit mental though, but he is available for loan at around £5m pr year + wages. Worth a try?

eple, I'd say it depends on whether you want to switch things around or not? For me, i like to sell players for a huge fees and bring through the next crop of youngsters but thats just me. It doesn't sound like you'd be improving your team if you sold him and its not like you need the cash either, although Odegaard would be slightly younger. All depends on how you play the game...

Yeah, I think I'd like to change things around a bit, just to keep things interesting. I just sold him, but I haven't decided on what to do re: replacing him. I like the idea of loaning in Ødegaard, and putting a future fee in and, if he does well, get him permanently and look to build my team around him. I'm from Norway myself, so it would be fun to have him in my favorite club.

Player Name: Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Your Team: Dortmund

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: 22.5£

Offer: £24.5m initial fee with £5m over 12 months and another £5m after 10 intl matches.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £7.72m

Season: Start of first

He became slightly concerned because of Utd interest and subsequent bids, they wouldn't budge more than I have asked here. Good value but he is a cracking player and I'm not sure who will replace him...what do you say?

Player Name: Riyad Mahrez

Your Team: Leicester

Player's Value: £26.5M

Offer: £27M upfront & £7.25M over 12 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0m

Season: January 1st Season

Mahrez has been outstanding for me, best average rating in the league, lots of goals and assists, but it is a LOT of money for a player with fairly average stats - could I get a better replacement for a cheaper price?

Player Name: Tim Krul

Your Team: Newcastle

Player's Value: £9.75M

Offer: £21.5M

Transfer/Wage Budget: £1M transfer budget

Season: Beginning of First Season

Do you think ive maxed out his value here, even if he does have a blinding season? hes a good keeper, but i could by horn for less than half what they are offering?

thoughts chaps?

Player Name: Riyad Mahrez

Your Team: Leicester

Player's Value: £26.5M

Offer: £27M upfront & £7.25M over 12 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0m

Season: January 1st Season

Mahrez has been outstanding for me, best average rating in the league, lots of goals and assists, but it is a LOT of money for a player with fairly average stats - could I get a better replacement for a cheaper price?

Its a good offer but you may find it hard to attract a better player as its the first season... When offers are put in for good prospects then the big clubs swoop. See who is about before selling.

Player Name: Tim Krul

Your Team: Newcastle

Player's Value: £9.75M

Offer: £21.5M

Transfer/Wage Budget: £1M transfer budget

Season: Beginning of First Season

Do you think ive maxed out his value here, even if he does have a blinding season? hes a good keeper, but i could by horn for less than half what they are offering?

thoughts chaps?

I'd sell. Like you say there are cheaper options out there with great potential. You could look at Horn, Donnarumma, or even Ron-Robert Zieler (He is homegrown) all likely to be cheaper and better potential.

Player Name: Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Your Team: Dortmund

Player's Value: 22.5£

Offer: £24.5m initial fee with £5m over 12 months and another £5m after 10 intl matches.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £7.72m

Season: Start of first

He became slightly concerned because of Utd interest and subsequent bids, they wouldn't budge more than I have asked here. Good value but he is a cracking player and I'm not sure who will replace him...what do you say?

I think you could get more for him... I'd be willing to pay more than that for him and I play as united!

Wonder if I can post this here.. Managing the Wolves 18th in premier league just entered winter transfer window. Desperately needing to stay up, looking to bolster Defense or new starting keeper.

Current keeper: Carl Ikeme

Starting back four: Dominic Iorfa, Tomas Kalas, Danny Batth, Paolo De Ceglie

Current adjustable transfer budget: $36.5M, current payroll of $35.8M P/A looking to keep that below $42M.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Archived