The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The B teams are different! You don't have control of who you sell, though you have a budget to bring players in(not a high one), the manager of the Main team has the reigns over most of the player dealings, including moving players in and out of squads, just like i and others would do now managing a side like in my case, Gillingham. The one thing that annoyed me at Valencia Mestalla, was the fact that the board wanted me to offload players to help with finances, yet i couldn't actually sell anyone, and it affected my finances rating in my board confidence with them.

Overall, i don't regret taking the positions, was a "different" experience, but if i was to start this challenge again, i wouldn't start out this way ;)

And as for Gillingham, i'm gonna give it a go in Championship, it's almost certain it's gonna be tough, but i've bought in some decent loanees from the Premier League, or at least i'm hoping their decent lol, and board expectations are to try and survive, so even if it's 1 place above relegation zone come the end of the season, they'll be overjoyed :)

Yeah it sounds frustrating but a good challenge with the B teams.

What's even more frustrating is that I've had a regeneration come through, brimming with potential and good enough for a few substitute cameos this year, injury prone and can't play in big games! Also the guy I have tutoring him is leaving and won't sign a new deal. Think I'll be taking a chance on him anyway as you don't get much choice at this level.

AMAZULU 2015/16 UPDATE

130772.png

Super season, for a second one. Some very good results including a 2-1 away win against pirates away. For some time, we were clear at the top of the table. In fact, it was us fighting the Swallows for the top spot. Things changed obviously, but we never dropped out of the top 6. In fact, with two games remaining, We, The Pirates and the Chiefs were all on equal points at the top of the table. In the next game, the chiefs drew and went two points behind us two. The final game saw us pitted against Supersports, with a chance to secure the title. But we did not. We drew, to finished two points below the title. We qualify for champions league.

The cups were never very achievable, though we managed to make it to the semis of the FA cup

I really want to move on to one of the bigger clubs, but the jobs are just not available. We are always over payroll budget, so I have not added a single player since taking over. I want a better club, so will happily jump over mid season, if possible.

[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Premier league(1)[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Always good for a first job...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Should boost my reputation in the Country[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

AremaMalang.png

Arema Approach Page ~ Club Info ~ Facilities

So my first job is in Indonesia, where I will be taking the reigns at Arema. They are a well supported club and have good facilities for this league, including a 40k seater stadium. We are predicted 4th, so I hope we can really challenge for the title. I will need to bring some players in for that. We are only using 15k of a 40k wage budget and we've got 75k to spend on players, so I'm optimistic.

I have decided to continue with this challenge again, I will be removing a load of leagues to make it run a bit quicker! Nearly at the end of my first season with Arema.

AMAZULU 2016/17 UPDATE

130772.png

South African League is won. It was just about the right Signings. A very good left winger, a couple of defenders and some backups was all it took to bring up the squad upto the winning level. The pirates lost their touch towards the start of the season, but the chiefs still spanked us home and away. However, we lonst only 3 matches(other than the 2 against the chiefs) ending with a 22-3-5, which was good enough, considering that the Pirates did well against the chiefs, finishing third on goal difference.

This year sees my first attempt at a continental competition, and it has seemed pretty easy till now. The competition is still going on, but I comsider June to be the end of season, So this post. The Preliminary rounds went like a breeze with scores like 6-0, 8-0 and so on. In the group stage, we got drawn with Raja Casabanca, Zamalek, and...Kaizer Chiefs. The very first match was away to the Chiefs, and we won!!! So much for their double over us in the league. I so wish that the chiefs do not accompany us to the semis, because otherwise, I feel like set to win this first attempt. Just to show optimism, I have loaded the Mexican league.

The cups never Interested me, I would like to win them in a country where wages allow me to build a deep squad. The KO cup saw us leave in the quarter finals while the FA cup in the semis.

I am now studying for a National A license, so that has been the other gain from these first three years. Anyway, even if I fail the champions league this year, Next year should be certain, so any advice as to which country is best to move to will be appreciated.

In the meanwhie, I have taken up the Ghana Job. They wanted to reach the Final of the ACON last time round so probably I can win it with them in four years time. In the mean time, though, I must qualify for the world cup from a group of 4, where only the winner goes through, and Senegal have won the first 4 games, us already having dropped points against them already

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[td]Hoping to leave Soon[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

AMAZULU CHAMPIONS LEAGUE UPDATE

130772.png

I won firts five of the Champions league group stage gmes. To be honest, only the chiefs were a good challenge, rest were easy going. The last game against Zamalek, we had already qualified, but Zamalek needed to win to go on. I played a 0 defender, 0 DM formation, and asked my assistant to take control of the game, and go for a big win(to increase defensive errors). Well, my assistant won the game 1-0, and the Chiefs qualified. The semifinals passed like a breeze again, and we were all set to face the chiefs in the final. The first game was to be played on home soil. Coming confident from a 1-1 away draw against them in the league, we gave it our all, and secured a 2-1 victory. The away game was tight as well, but we drew 2-2, to secure my first Continental Trophy.

In the quest for the Champions league, we had fielded a weak team in the KO cup, so were brushed aside in the first round itself. With the FA cup yet to start, I felt it useless staying in this continent, so resigned.

In the mean time, the African WC Qualifiers have been sorted out as well. We went through in the group stage by having scored more goals(Points and goal difference were tied). The final round against Tunisia was also won easily, losing 3-2 away by coming back 4-0 a home. It is January with South Korea and Mexico loaded, an I am still unemployed clubwise in February. As more leagues come in and seasons go by, The player count swells up, slowing down the game.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]One continent ticked off[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

GHANA WORLD CUP UPDATE

21.png

Nothing much to say, other than that we were never really likely to get past France And Germany in our group. We defeated Costa Rica, and got kicked out in the group stage itself. It seems though that I will keep my job, despite failing to meet objectives. Really want to get the cup of nations done. In the mean while, Italy won the world cup.

On the clubs front, I have landed in South Korea at Busan. One of the founding members of the K-League, they have won the first division 4 times, as well as the Champions League once. Still the second richest club in Korea, the club was at the relegation spot with 9 games gone. The league is a pretty competitive one though, and I really wonder what made the media predict an 8th place for us. I would say, that with the right signings, we can secure continental qualification, if not the title. In the mean while, Pohang, the reigning champions are 1 point from relegation, so the league is going to get tight.

NB.:The K league has 3 spots for ACL and the FA Cup has 1

I'm in a dilemma, I applied at York City who are 19th in League 2 in January who gave me an interview. But Bray Wanderers have now entered contract talks with me as my contract expires this month, I can't delay the talks to see if York offer me the job. I've had a great season at Bray getting promoted to the first tier, signing some players and building a squad I'm happy with. We will be a weak team in the top tier though so it could be a difficult season. Both clubs have financial problems also, I'm not sure what to do! I've saved and stopped playing for now while I have a think, another factor is York are a professional club and Bray aren't. What would others do in my situation?

What would others do in my situation?

I'd stick with Bray, because it aounds as though you're enjoying it. Whatever happens with Bray, I suspect you'll be able to get a next job with a club at least as good as York, if not better. The York job just sounds like a relegation battle.

If its January, aren't you in the middle of the season at Bray? Doesn't the Irish season finish in the summer?

I'd stick with Bray, because it aounds as though you're enjoying it. Whatever happens with Bray, I suspect you'll be able to get a next job with a club at least as good as York, if not better. The York job just sounds like a relegation battle.

If its January, aren't you in the middle of the season at Bray? Doesn't the Irish season finish in the summer?

Nope I'm pre-season. It starts in March it's a strange season. Yeah I see what you mean but I'm going to be in a relegation scrap at Bray too I imagine, the pull of a professional club is tempting but I do want to make a go of it in Ireland then maybe look next summer as you say, tough decision.

BUSAN IPARK 2018 UPDATE

130775.png

As I had predicted, the season was tight but we were always near the top. At most of the times, the top 3 were separated by less than 3 points. In the end, just before the split, we were second in the league table, 4 points behind Seoul(courtesy to a recent loss against them. Things, however went downhill from there. We lost 4 games and drew one post split, to finish 4th. Here's hoping I can win it next time round.

The FA Cup was a delightful experience though. Most of our opponents till the finals were Challenge League sides. Seoul got eliminated in the quarter finals. the final was a really tight game against Jeonbuk, but I FM'ed it, lost on all stats except number of goals scored. This win secured our place in the next Champions League.

And oh, I was asked to manage the all-stars team, Leading them to a defeat for the first time since the last Five years(at least, i did not check the history beyond that). currently i am studying for a Continental A Badge.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]K League Classic(1)[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Looking to end another continent by the next year. Ambitions!!![/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

No, FM15 full fat. I sometimes vacation between games. Also, my computer believes it can handle upto 125000 players, but I am asking for only about 35000(only K League loaded now), so there is that. In fact, I have even used 'Instant Result' (from a skin that allows it in the full fat version) in walkover situations.

On another note, how do you create the table like the ones in your posts? The html table code seems to split it up way too much, reducing the compactness.

My turn for a dilemma, coming up to the end of season in what has been an another awesome season with the Gills, media predicted 23rd, currently 6th.

Now Aston Villa have approached me for an interview, they are below me in the league but only 5 points or so off play offs, media predicting 4th for them. It's a huge club in comparison to Gills, but i am enjoying my successes at the moment.

Any ideas? Decisions, Decisions.....

DJ

H3fcvKa.jpg[/img] szg1mzU.jpg[/img] HaBfzj9.jpg

Edit - I decided to have an interview with villa, thinking it couldn't do no harm, now My Chairman is wanting talks for me to stay at the club

My turn for a dilemma, coming up to the end of season in what has been an another awesome season with the Gills, media predicted 23rd, currently 6th.

Now Aston Villa have approached me for an interview, they are below me in the league but only 5 points or so off play offs, media predicting 4th for them. It's a huge club in comparison to Gills, but i am enjoying my successes at the moment.

Any ideas? Decisions, Decisions.....

DJ

Edit - I decided to have an interview with villa, thinking it couldn't do no harm, now My Chairman is wanting talks for me to stay at the club

Board approached me too, I made a couple of requests and they said yes because they wanted to keep me, so I've decided to stay with my extra wage budget they gave me.

Well, i had my Interview with Villa, unsuccessful, during that time, i was also approached by Huddersfield Town, recently relegated from Premier League and a club in a very good state player and financially wise, i was also unseuccessful with them, not overly fussed though as enjoying my time currently at Gillingham. Will review what i do at end of season, see what jobs are available, and obviously where i'm at regarding league status, currently 6th still, with 7 games to play, and only 5 points off 1st place, to which i'm genuinely shocked as i dont have this success when not doing a challenge haha

GILLINGHAM 2021/22 SEASON

An absolutely ridiculous season, still in shock at what this team has achieved! Although i heavily relied on Loanees throughout the season, to get a 3rd promotion in 3 years is beyond belief!

All my years playing Football Manager, this is something i've never achieved, back to back yes, back to back to back, hell no!

Season started off with 3 wins in first 3 games, then went the next 7 games picking up just 3 points. Won a few, lost a few, and tweaked with formations to try and make my team tighter at the back and harder to beat. The run in from February to the end of the season was immense! Lost just 1 game in 16, and that was to League winners Norwich.

I'm so happy i didn't get a job offer from Villa or Huddersfield, though with my ground only having a capacity of 11k, there's going to be obvious wages increases trying to build a squad to stay in the Premier League, i am concerned about the club financially, and know i will have to work on a tight budget.

I have no idea how i'm gonna start preparing for next season yet, there are some good players in this team, but some that i don't think will cut it in the top division week in week out. If anyone on this thread has experience this situation before, any advice you can give would be much appreciated :)

DJ

[seasonReview](http://i.imgur.com/e4ZwpVw.png) [Fixtures1](http://i.imgur.com/0ynQjJ7.png) [Fixtures2](http://i.imgur.com/dTb3tXP.png) [squad](http://i.imgur.com/dqkuq5w.png)

CLUB CAREER
                                      Leagues         Cups
Season     NAT      Club               1st    2nd      1st    2nd    Cont.    CWC    Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    GER      Bremen II          n/a                                           Left unsure about position
2016/17    SPN      Valencia Mestalla  1st             Won                           Promoted to Adelante, Spanish Fed Cup Winners
2017/18    SPN      Valencia Mestalla  n/a                                           No new contract offered, let go
2017/18    ENG      Swindon Town       9th                                           Joined with 2 games remaining
2018/19    ENG      Swindon Town       n/a                                           Sacked after a poor season
2018/19    ENG      Gillingham         8th                                           Joined after they offered me job without me applying with 6 games left
2019/20    ENG      Gillingham         1st                                           Enjoyable season, looking to progress next year
2020/21    ENG      Gillingham         1st                    R/U                    Media predicted 19th, steamrolled from xmas, runner up in JPT
2021/22    ENG      Gillingham         2nd                                           Complete shock, knew i had decent players, and loanees, but 2nd?!?

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
       Rank        Cups
Year    Nation    FIFA    NL    World    Cont.    Conf.    Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GHANA AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS UPDATE

21.png

This is more like it. Ghana is one of the most successful nations in this competition, unlike the world cup, having won it 4 times. The board wanted me to get to the final, that was because there were two teams better than me, maybe, South Africa and Ivory Coast. They both, somehow, ended up in my group. The tournament started on a low with a defeat against Ivory Coast. We recovered though, getting victories against South Africa and Mo...be(do not remember the spelling, sorry if that hurts someone). From there, there was no looking back. We were just about favourites for every match, according to the media. So no one was surprised as we coasted past Algeria in the quarters. Cameroon in the semis also were expected to lose, but they took us to penalties. Finally, there was Senegal.

There were shops outside selling Square fancards. Amazingly, there was only one type of fancard, so I enquired as to which country had no fancard. "Umph, both do, you stick a green star on it for Senegal, and a Black one for Ghana" Wow, business.

The stars were all on our side though, as the match was only decide on penalties, and we won, hold your breath,12-13 !!! Well, that ends Africa, in all ways, this time. Will The Vikeologist confirm if I am the fastest to an international trophy?

The Asian Cup finished before its African counterpart, so no jobs are available there. On the club side, I would say that I have a really stron side this time round, Including loanees from sides as big as Real Madrid. However, that means that I must wrap the continent up this season itself, for the next season would leave us without half of our first team.

how do you create the table like the ones in your posts? The html table code seems to split it up way too much, reducing the compactness.

I use the programme wordpad, but when I paste it in to these replies, I have to 'switch editor to source mode' in order for it to appear correctly formatted, and that can really mess up the formatting of my standard text in the replies, making words go together.

Ajax CT End of Season 2021/22

As I'd previously posted, I was beginning to get a bit bored at Ajax, but decided to see the season out - they were funding my latest coaching qualifications, so wanted to achieve that as much as anything.

A real inconsistent season, which I put partly down to no pre-season because of the African Confederation Cup.

Final League position fifth (predicted 5th)

FA Cup - Semi Final

KO Cup - Semi Final

Super 8 - Quarter Final

African Confederation Lost in Final

The African Confederation Cup is mental as I discovered.

It doesn't run in conjunction with the league season, so if at the end of the normal season players leave, it totally depletes your registered squad.

However, I managed to stumble into the final - by this point I only had about 16 players eligible. But I reached the final against Zamalek.

The outcome was almost assured after the first leg where I was hammered 5-0.

I managed to win the second leg 2-0 but lost 5-2 on aggregate.

By the time the time I'd reached March / April, I just wanted the season to finish and with Juventus putting in a bid of £500k for a promising youngster of mine, I decided to cash in to start rebuilding. But this upset the squad and they were all fed up with me as they went on their holidays........I hope it rained on them all summer.

As for my summer, I'd managed to guide Nigeria to the World Cup Finals, which were held in Morocco, so to have it on our continent could be a good thing.

I'd been drawn in a group with Argentina (ranked 1st), Holland (14th) and South Korea (34th) so it was a tough group.

My first match was against South Korea who I managed to beat 2-0, but then a 4-1 defeat against Holland left me needing to beat the best nation in the world to qualify for the next stage.

Of course I managed to do it!!

Beat Argentina 2-1, despite going 1-0 down to a goal by a 35 year old Lionel Messi!!

Next round I was drawn against Spain who were ranked 8th in the world and they beat me quite easily I have to say, coming out as 2-0 winners .

I waited on edge until the tournament finished to see if I would keep my job and the Nigerian FA were happy with my performance and that leaves me almost qualified for the ACON, so things are looking pretty good.

Back on the domestic front, the Orlando Pirates job became available as they had finished in a disappointing 10th place.

As I was disillusioned at Ajax, I applied and was successful, so I'm rejuvinated and looking forward to my new season.

Orlando Pirates have already played 4 games in the group stage of my bug bear - the African Confederations Cup, but I'm not going to take that seriously.

The biggest difference is the finances.

Ajax were expected to finish 5th (again) and have a transfer budget of £1m and a wage budget of £40,000

Orlando Pirates are predicted to finish 4th, but have a transfer budget of £4.9m and a wage budget of £60,000

I'm sure I can soon mess things up here!!!!

Season	 Team 	 	Country		 Position	 Notes          
15/16	Cliftonville	N.Ireland	     2nd		Achieved Euro Cup Qualification
16/17	Cliftonville	N.Ireland	     4th		Won Cup, Euro Qualification
17/18	Cliftonville	N.Ireland	     1st		Manager of the Year,Won County Shield, Qualified for Champions League
18/19	Southend	England		                Took over in November 9th in the league, sacked in March, 18th in League
19/20	Ajax CT		S. Africa	      5th		Cups - rubbish!!
20/21	Ajax CT		S.Africa	      8th		Cups - worse than last season!!
21/22	Ajax CT		S.Africa	      5th		FA Cup-SF,  KO Cup - SF, Super 8 QF, African  Conferderations - Lost in Final

International
19/20	Angola		Africa		Qualified for ACON
20/21	Angola		Africa		Knocked out of ACON in Group stage - SACKED!!
20/21	Nigeria		Africa		Took over while Nation was ranked 29th
21/22	Nigeria		Africa		Lost in 2nd Round of World Cup to Spain

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (N. Ireland)
1/10 domestic cups (N. Ireland)
0/5 club continental championships ()
0/1 club world championship

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

BUSAN IPARK 2019 UPDATE

130775.png

I will go about this chronologically. The season started on low with only 1 point from first two games. We however got back into rhythm pretty soon, and were at the top of the standings bur the time the first quarter of the season was over. The champions league was going equally well, having qualified with a game remaining. I got myself deliberately knocked out of the FA Cup, did not need that again. Around this time, I also resigned from Ghana, hoping to get the Brazil job after the Copa America. The job was precarious, my declaration of interest led to the current coach being fired. They also said that they were flattered by my interest. I applied.

Guess my surprise when the media reported that I was not even an outside contender and my application was a sign of desperation. And even more when Tite got the job. I tried for Colombia next, but failed again. So no international jobs at present.

The mid season went pretty well, Winning against everyone, except for the top 2-3 sides, but they were regularly dropping points too let us remain on top. We also progressed brilliantly in he Champions league, beating Melbourne City, Suwon and Seoul on the way(in that order). 33 games done, the league saw us perched comfortably 5 points clear at the top. Then we got the Icing on the cake. got Al Hilal down 2-1 at home, and held them to a draw away, to win my second continental championship.

Then lightning struck. We started losing and nothing coud stop that. In the last five game, we equalled our previous years record of a single point. So, we also equalled our previous years position, ended 4th, but no FA cup, so no continental soccer for the next year.

The main objective of coming to Korea has been fulfilled though. I am ready for another continent, but might stay if Seoul or Jeonbuk want me perhaps. For the main plan, though, I have loaded Argentina(I have a Continental Pro License now)

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Another continent done...[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa) 
1/10 domestic cups (South Korea)
2/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (Africa)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Great progress still Sankalan.

Any chance you could include this challenge completion part to the end of your reports:

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()

Would make it a bit easier to see which part of the challenge you have completed.

TOLUCA OPENING STAGE 2020 UPDATE

102355.png

My quest for excellence brought me to Mexico. I was bowled over by the 7 figure payroll budget. They had won the competition as recently as 2018. Surely, the media prediction of 12th was wrong, and I could tick off Mexico within the next 6 months. Well, apparently not.

To start with, we are 50% above payroll budget, and 25% even after I divert my entire transfer budget to payroll. And all this goes into maintaining a 23-man squad, so a few injuries can set us off. So, I have no chance of building upon this squad, and must adjust my tactics instead. The U18 and U20 added together have 5 non-grey players with s**t stats.

As was obvious, we narrowly edged into the Liguilla(2 points clear, though there were 4 teams below us), getting banged out there in the quarter final itself. The cup was a similar experience, dominated the group stage and kicked out in the quarters. The only positive is that Cruz Azul were kicked out in the quarters as well, and were below us in the league, so the job is very insecure. If I can make it, they are also participating in the NACL, and are one of the favourites, so there is a chance of completing North America in a single year.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Opening(1)[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
2/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

I've been doing the challenge recently too although I put up a thread in the FMCU forum for it. So here is the question - should I continue updating there and put a link to it every time I finish a season? Or can I start updating from where I am over here?

It's up to you. Congrats on your success so far. Which nation did you go to next?

CRUZ AZUL CLOSING STAGE 2021 UPDATE

1254.png

I got it! Cruz Azul sacked their manager, and I took the job, which they gave me happily. They wanted me to get to the final of NACL, I did a little more by winning it. To be honest, it was the easiest of the three. We were already in the quarters, and American Sides were no matches for us. We whizzed past them to the finals where we met fellow mexican side Monterrey. They managed to beat us 2-1 away, but we smashed them 3-0 at home to win the title. Easy!!!

Now I remember somewhere that Vikeologist said that winning too many European titles was useless as other continents would then become extra. I guess I will prove him wrong, because I take Neither a cup nor a league from mexico as well. We were First in the league standings, but crashed out in the quarter finals itself. We lost to qerertaro home and away, and fans were devastated. The board called me up, I accepted my fault, and they said that they were willing to overlook it. Really made it tough for me to press the resign button, but it is a tough league to win(compared to countrues like India, Hongkong) and I want to carry on completing continents. In the meanwhile, I found that if no league are being simulated, the game runs Insanely fast. Currently, the mexican league has been removed, but the Argentina and Brazil Leagues do not begin till December.

Mexico was the only country that fired its Boss after the Gold cup, but the vacancy had gone before I could apply

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Closing(1)[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Why no league???[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
3/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia, North America)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Has anyone here played a FULL Brazillian season? It never seems to end!

Thinking of it, why do regional competitions of Brazil have to be represented? In India too, we have regional competitions, In fact, the Calcutta Premier League, which features 3 sides from I-League actually got higher attendances that the I-league, but they are not there in the game. Why Brazil?

Yes, that's why i pretty much wanted to avoid Brazil. I still ended up managing there twice. Once a top division season on the save that I lost, and then half a season when I won the Libertadores. I'd say both times were pretty much my least favourite section of the challenge, (apart from the holidaying at the international end).

How were you able to run the game with no leagues active at all?

How were you able to run the game with no leagues active at all?

As I said, by fooling the game. After completing Mexico, I removed that league, replacing it with Argentina and Brazil. But these two leagues do not load till December, while Mexico was removed in June, so no leagues active for 6 months. I would like to see sometime if this can continue for longer, like just before the brazzilian league loads, I remove it and select the Mexican league again, and again back to Brazil in May. If possible, would be a great Idea for International only management!

INTERNACIONAL BRASILEARO 2022 UPDATE

326.png

Well, the Brazillian season does end. And it can end well. Giving me both League and Cup!

First things first. After a full year of unemployment(whereby, there were job opportunities from argentine minnows, all expected to finish below 25th, which I ignored), job opportunities started to arrive, as the state championships of Brazil were done. The two of particular interest were Palmerias and Internacional, of which, I chose to take Internacional due to a slightly higher wage budget. The squad was huge, and I was happy to see a full squad of reserves and U20s, but we were slightly over wage budget. In the league, I used my old philosophy-win against the minnows, win all home games, do not worry about big away games. Again we had an end of season slump, but survived. The cup was easier, we were always one of the favourites, and I always played my first team, while many opponents sent out weaker teams.

Two more trophies are now added to my cabinet, and with some luck, I will have two more in the next six months, as I am also the head coach of Brazil!

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]A league, at last[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil) 
2/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

INTERNACIONAL BRASILEARO 2022 UPDATE

326.png

Well, the Brazillian season does end. And it can end well. Giving me both League and Cup!

First things first. After a full year of unemployment(whereby, there were job opportunities from argentine minnows, all expected to finish below 25th, which I ignored), job opportunities started to arrive, as the state championships of Brazil were done. The two of particular interest were Palmerias and Internacional, of which, I chose to take Internacional due to a slightly higher wage budget. The squad was huge, and I was happy to see a full squad of reserves and U20s, but we were slightly over wage budget. In the league, I used my old philosophy-win against the minnows, win all home games, do not worry about big away games. Again we had an end of season slump, but survived. The cup was easier, we were always one of the favourites, and I always played my first team, while many opponents sent out weaker teams.

Two more trophies are now added to my cabinet, and with some luck, I will have two more in the next six months, as I am also the head coach of Brazil!

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

In Mexico The Top Teams Play A Knockout To See Who Is Champions

In Mexico The Top Teams Play A Knockout To See Who Is Champions

I know, that is why I wrote 1 and not champions, because I got knocked out in the quarters. I have also not counted it in my report. Hope that settles it? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

A potential bug problem for people to be aware of.

Basically it is to do with South America, but actiually i think it might be just to do with Argentina, where nobody is playing as far as I know.

Clubs are unable to register players for the copa sudamerica. You don't need that trophy for the challenge, but without any registered players, you can't play the tie. i'm unclear if you can play the ties with greyed out players, but even if you can, that wouldn't be ideal.

It should only apply to people who started the game before version 16.2. SI are saying that they will patch this in the next update for those who started before that, but by that i think they mean 16.3.

I'd suggest that you all either avoid Argentina for the moment (if you started on an earlier version) or save the game before going to Argentina. Maybe go on holiday until the sudamerica as a test to see if the issue affects you.

This could be the kind of bug that can kill the challenge, or at least stop you being able to continue with it until 16.3. We had a challenge killer last year, which meant that a few people had to completely abandon their challenges.

Or it may be nothing.

END OF SOUTH AMERICA 2023 UPDATE

326.png1651.png

Really, I would probably remember this as the worst part of the challenge. The board wants to win everything! And they do not give me a budget to do it. Newly promoted Youth players constantly groaning for playing time! Really? And there are matches every two days, and the Libertadores seems in no hurry to Complete.

Anyway, I focused on only two things, the Copa Libertadores and the Copa America(So we lost the Gauchao in the final despite coming from the league stage with a goal difference of 87 in 15 matches). While, the Copa America was not as Challenging as I thought, With Argentina crashing out in the semis, I made a critical error by calling up Internacionals only GK to the team. This left my club without a GK and our already flopping campaing went even worse. The board called me up and after a lot of pleading, allowed me to continue only if I could get 10 points in our next 5 games. I was lucky to find a decent free agent goalkeeper, and he took us through the next five games, all against very poor sides, though we managed exactly 10 points and no more. I kept my job, and Brazil got their 10th Copa America, winning the final against Colombia 3-0.

Keeping the job obviously did not mean problems solved. Half the side, comprising of First teamers, were dancing on my head to let them leave for Europe, while the other half, made up of promoted youth and Backups were demanding first team soccer. And the board was unhappy about all this. In the midst of this, we defeated Boca at home by a single goal in the first leg os the semi final. In the second leg too, we took a 2-1 lead(4-2 aggregate) but then Boca Begin to hit back. In the 84th minute, my defense in tatters, they equalized on aggregate, And I was preparing to cry, when the full time whistle blew, we won on Away Goals!

The stage was now set for the finals against Corinthians, the club at which I had previously won all South american Continental championships in another save, and the club which was 6 places and 12 points above me in the league table. But failing to win this would mean having to wait another year, and also switch clubs, because it was looking impossible to stay at this club for even a month more was looking difficult. They beat us 3-2 away. We beat them 2-0 home. We won. Time to move on!!!

The Libertadores in my tenth trophy. I read somewhere about a proposal for a Leader-board. If that is still alive, I vote in favour!!!

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Europe, here I come[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
4/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia, North America, South America)

International
2/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America)
0/2 world tournaments ()

I thought about the leaderboard, but as i said, the problem with leaderboards is that it would encourage cheats.

This is what i wrote at the time

The thing is that a leaderbaord would probably just put more focus on the landmarks and the possibility of achieving the challenge, whereas I think the only sane approach is to just enjoy yourself and not worry too much about it until you're within sight of the finishing line. If you have a leaderboard it's going to bring the liars out of the woodwork.

So I sort of abandoned the idea. Plus i achieved the challenge which sort of took away my reason for wanting the leaderboard. :p

Also, on the subject of the leaderbaord, is mayihavecookie still in action? We haven't heard from him since he wrapped up the club side of things. Oh, actually its only been 6 days. It just seems longer.

Honestly, i felt that 10 trophies WAS a landmark for me, the next will be the Pentagon. With this huge a challenge, it is difficult to keep interest without intermediate Landmarks, and a leader-board would do good. As far as liars are considered, you can always ask for the Biography and Career awards pages as screenshots.

EDIT:Having typed that, I wanted to post a screenshot of my own Landmarks page, but recieved a shock. According to it, I never won the South African league. Instead I won the 2017 African Champions league two times. Don't know what I should do. Not a big loss as I can win an extra league, but what if the game eats up one of my continental trophies?

VmBFkZg.jpg

Note that it aknowledges that I was the head coach of Amazulu till November 2017, well after the season ends.

Now see this:

bCHYORA.png

Amazulu won in 2017. Hmm...

vikeologist i will definitely continue but actually i haven't played since my last update because i'm currently in thebfinal stagesnof studying for my exams. I would back the idea of a leaderboard. Trying to catch up with you was one of the things that motivated me to try and progress fast in the challenge. In my opinion, it's easy to start this challenge (at least if the first landmarks don't take too long to achieve), but after maybe one third it starts to drag on until you really get close to finishing. Maybe a leaderboard would help people to stay focused. We've seen a lot of players start this pretty well and then never heard of them again. Was it pug who won the cl with newcastle after like three seasons? Come back man ;)

Also, I couldn't care less about people who cheat. If someone has to lie on the internet about achievements in a computer game, i feel very sorry for them. And there's still the option of asking for screenshots like sankalan suggested.

sankalan great progress, you're going through the seasons insanely fast. Interesting to see you trying a different approach than most by winnig all the continental competitions first.

Btw vike, what does "pretentious" mean? Dictionary doesn't help..

Sankalan great progress, if you complete this it looks like you will be the fastest. Are you playing FM15?

I was one of those who asked for a leaderboard in the beginning. I still would accept a leaderboard, but after completing the challenge (in FM15) I see it more as vike go with the flow and enjoy the experience. I will not deny a leaderboard though (in case someone feels I am against it since I have completed fastest so far and someone might and hopefully beat my time for finishing.)

But I do feel we have the Hall of Fame, and thats enough for now. It will show there the season people finished it, and people can click on the last post of that person to see how the progress went and which path the manager used.

Should it however come to a leaderboard in the future, feel free to ask me for a point system.

Hmm.. 2043, eh, so I have two decades to dethrone you.

Frankly, though, I see why you and Vikeologist are not exactly enthusiastic about the leaderboard, but I guess you too see why I and (hopefully)mihc are. Would love to hear from other people who are on 10-25 trophies.

In the mean while, I have got the Napoli Job, 4 points off the top and 10 games to the end. Seems like I may leave Italy without even renting a house!

mihc - Being pretentious is attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed. It's probably the wrong word, but my original post had all the 'challenge is a journey not a destination' tripe. I mean, not as bad as that, but you get the gist. Sometimes I sort of attach a greater importance to the challenge than it actually merits.

If your dictionary doesn't have the word 'pretentious' in, you need a new dictionary. It is a fairly commonly used word; or in my case, commonly misused.

You know, the leaderboard (if we start it at 10 landmarks) would only include 2 people; sankalan and you. I mean I'm sure there's dormant challenges, such as pug's from FM15. (I know he's maybe still active, but that's on FM16), and people from even further back.

I (predictably enough) cannot see sankalan's screenshots, not that i think screenshots can reveal whether or not people are cheating. Also, like you, I don't care if people are cheating. It's just a game.

I suppose my reservations are that a leaderbaord encourages a degree of competitiveness against each other that could be counter-productive if people make unbelievable progress. Of course there's a degree of competitiveness, and I think that you and I are both very competitve people, and both wanted to achieve the challenge before other people. I just think that the culture of this thread is quite good at the moment. I mean, I won't even post on GD anymore because I'm so sick of idiots belittling people to make themselves feel better. I think this thread is quite pleasant, and if a leaderboard encouraged people to make unbelievable progress, I think it would make things awkward.

But, as I say, sometimes I sort of attach a greater importance to the challenge than it actually merits.

Should it however come to a leaderboard in the future, feel free to ask me for a point system.

I feel as though a points-based would be great, but may have to be separate from this challenge. You need to have one overall objective. For instance there was that points system devised by someone else, and I never reached your score on my FM15 save. I could have, but it would have been incompatitble with trying to complete the challenge. The same thing with my 'Billionaire' challenge. I got pretty close to earning Y1,000,000, but I didn't because after Barcelona I managed smaller and smaller sides and earned less money.

If we were to have a points system alongside this challenge, it would have to be a very close fit. No points for promotion, Copa Sudamerica etc. Perhaps we could attach more points to for example the European championship than the Gold Cup, and who knows, even have different points for different domestic leagues or cups. Achieving this challenge is difficult enough without having to achieve extra things, but if a points system encouraged people to keep going, then maybe.

Don't be disheartened by people not partaking in your points challenges. letsgetreadyto designed a lot of challenges, until and he struck gold dust with this one. i think it's the 20-year old thing that works, because it forces us to start at an interesting level, but also leaves a lot of different approaches open.

The thing about a constantly changing leaderboard for this challeneg though is that it would take too much work.

I can see this from both sides, can I make a suggestion? It just popped into my mind. Since I was the one who started all about the leaderboard fuzz in the old thread and feel "guilty" about it. As I said my feeling for a leaderboard are not so strong anymore, but I have been there once.

What if I make a new thread called "The unofficial leaderboard of Ultimate Football Manager Challenge" ? then those who want to have a leaderboard can check there, and those who dont want can just leave it. Normal progress to be put here anyway.

Is it a good idea, or was it just a fluke that crossed my mind?

NAPOLI SERIE A 2023/24 UPDATE

1150.png

Nothing fantastic, other than that I am going to count the SA Premiership, having checked previous saved games. As far as Napoli is concerned, I took charge 4 points of the top and 10 games remaining. Won all matches except Juventus who drew 1-1 away, but still finished 1 point below Juve. Perhaps a victory there could do wonders, but I surely have a big chance to win the League and Cup next season. Media prediction is second.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Europe, here I come[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Well, I do need to rent a house here now.[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
4/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia, North America, South America)

International
2/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Just to inform. Sometimes there seems to be a glitch in FM16 about appointing international manager for certain nations. I will not go as far as saying it might wreck the game, but it is annoying when a country like Uruguay goes more than 1 year without a manager.

I have requested this as a possible bug in the bugs forum, but yet to get a proper answer from SI.

For those who are interested:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/449725-International-teams-not-appointing-new-manager

Ryan Gordon

Sevilla Season 2025/2026 Review

Hello gents, time for a small Gordon update. I'm planning a large one for 2026/2027, stay tuned.

Sporting 2025 was a small disaster. I kept floating in and around 17th place. My tactics were changing, players angry, and was almost ready to just resign and move on. Spanish coaches were moving quite a bit this year with Barcelona, Athletico, and Villareal all opening and closing at some point. All the movement was giving me hope to stick it out and try to land a better job in Spain.

Sevilla opened in February and I quickly applied. A news story popped about Gordon being the front runner for the job which I had never seen before with all the other Spanish clubs. Got the job of course. Sevilla were 12th when I took over and I tried a 4132 with them and it worked fantastically to get us into 8th to finish the year. There was just too much of a gap to go any higher than that. Next year I would like to finish top 5.

Nigeria World Cup might come with a reputation increase I hope. Will update on that as it happens.

Season  Country  Team                          League    Position     Notes                                                           Challenge Landmarks
16/17    RSA	 Golden Arrows			        NFD      12th         Promotion candidates, left after 8 games with 4 losses                        
17/18    ENG    Southend United                L2       13th         Sacked                                                                    
17/18    ENG    Port Vale                      L2	     5th	      Took over in 12th position in January - won playoffs
18/19    ENG    Port Vale                      L1       23rd         Sacked
18/19    RSA    Ajax CT                        Prem     14th         Took over in January
19/20    RSA    Ajax CT                        Prem     2nd          Won the Nedbank Cup                                             +1 Cup
20/21    RSA    Ajax CT                        Prem     1st          Champions of the league and Africa, left Ajax, joined Ghana     +1 League, +1 Continental Championship
21/22    EGY    Egypt                                                Crap
22/23    URU    Uruguay                                              Semifinals of Copa America
23/24    SPA    Sporting                       La Liga  7th          Europa League spot
24/25    SPA    Sporting                       La Liga  14th         Started in Nigeria
25/26    SPA    Sevilla                         La Liga   8th          Joined Sevilla from Sporting in February

Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa)
1/10 domestic cups (South Africa)
1/5 club continental championships (Africa)

International
0/5 continental tournaments
0/2 world tournaments