The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

aberdeen.png

Season review 2020-2021

Aberdeen FC

The lure of potentially grabbing another trophy so quickly turned out to be too good to turn down, and I found myself packing my bags and heading to the East coast of Scotland. The league was pretty much a write off, having too much to do to turn it around and finish in the top 6, so I used the games to experiment a little and see who in the current squad I might want to keep on next season, if I decide to stay on at Pittodrie. I crashed out of the FA Cup to Hearts after a replay in the 5th round, but it was the League Cup that brought me here. We faced Kilmarnock, who are in the Championship, in the semi final. Despite battering them for 90 minutes, it took a dodgy penalty to see us through to the final with a 1-0 win, Adam Rooney coolly finishing from the spot. The other semi final saw Celtic beat Inverness Caledonian Thistle on penalties after equalising in the 120th minute.

In the final, we took an early lead through Rooney, before Nadiem Amiri levelled the score for Celtic. Paddy Madden put us 2-1 up just before the hour, choosing the final to score his first goal in ten hours, but the lead lasted just 7 minutes as Patrick Bamford squared the game. Celtic turned the screw, but that suited us, and Rooney smashed in the winner on the counter attack to give me my third trophy in just five months.

In reality, I think Aberdeen is definitely not going to be a long term stop for me. The squad needs major changes if its to challenge for the title against the Old Firm, and I'm not sure I feel best suited to that task. I might stay on, but if something interesting comes up, either in a European league that I could challenge for the title for, or in a North or South American league where rebuilding could potentially lead to challenging continentally, then I imagine I may be off to pastures new once more.

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2015/16      Dungannon     10th          Won Northern Irish FA Cup and kept Dungannon up after taking over with 3 games to go
2016/17      Dungannon     8th            A solid but unspectacular season
2017/18      Yiteng            8th            A settling season in China
2019           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and FA Cup, as well as claiming MOTY.
2020           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and Asian Champions League
2020/21      Aberdeen       9th            Won Scottish League Cup

Season        Team              Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Congo              Resigned without playing a game
2016/17      Cameroon        One win away from WC qualification
2017/18      Cameroon        2nd round of 2018 World Cup
2019           Cameroon        African Cup of Nations winner!

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues - China (Jiangsu)

3/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Jiangsu), Scotland (Aberdeen)

1/5 club continental championships - ACL (Jiangsu)

0/1 club world championship

International

1/5 continental tournaments - ACON Cameroon 2019

0/2 world tournaments

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19th Season

20th Season

I left Man United and travelled all the way over to Argentina for a season with Estudiantes, they were media predicted as 1st but sitting 14th when I took the job. The board expected a top-half finish so I delivered finished on top of all the other teams lol. I was tempted to stick around for a 2nd season and take a pop at the domestic cup but im going to move on, hopefully try to keep moving as soon as I win division in hopes of catching a team that I can do both in 1 season with (or build them up to win over a few seasons grabbing cup in process). I have no doubt i'll hit my 10 divisions and be short on cups but meh can move around some more lol

I took a job over in Norway at Rosonberg, their objectives were quite strict, Win the League, Win the Norwegian Cup but hell they were my objectives too I figure if they expect it should make for an easy year. I took on the job signed a player from my wales squad and away we went, smooth sailing. I had one or two small struggles but nothing to write home about this was my own fault for allowing my players to play with mild injuries that turned into longer ones, but I was able to keep winning despite no depth. The league went too easy to be fair we hit 1st with our first game and next moved from that position finishing the league 21pts ahead of the guys in 2nd.

During all of this I took on the Wales job, nothing much was floating around and I didn't expect to win any cups with them but I though Qualifying for Europe was a solid goal albeit hard to achieve so I set around making them use my style and we had some positive results including a win over France! We finished our group in 2nd with 15pts, I didn't expect to win though sharing the group with France. The problem with International management is their aren't many teams capable of winning the tournaments and the jobs show up very rarely. I do hold a small fear I may achieve everything but the International targets, I'll stay at Wales but if a better opportunity opens up I'll have to switch over.

Looking over the challenge list I need Germany, France, Spain, Mexico (NACL) Asia and Africa to go so very minimum of 6 more seasons but with the Internationals im guessing another 20years lol Although now its time to curb the number of leagues loaded and to focus on ticking them all. Will keep columbia loaded for Tolima Real though

Season	Team 	 	Country	    League           Position	Notes          
16/17	Tolima Real	Columbia    Second Division  16th	Sacked with 1 game left to play.
2019    KL Spa          Malaysia    Premier League   6th        FA Cup Finalists, Avoided relegation
2020    KL Spa          Malaysia    Premier League   1st        Champions, QF of Malaysia Cup
2022/3  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division B 11th       11th when I joined (16th closing stages - finished 13th).
2023/4  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division B 4th        1st in opening stages, promoted via playoffs. MOTY
2024/5  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   14th       Avoided relegation
2025/6  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   8th        Avoided relegation, Play-offs second stage. MOTY
2026/7  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   3rd        Chile Cup Winner! MOTY
2027/8  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   5th        Super Cup Winner! Resigned.
2030/31 VIT             Brazil      First Division   14th       18th when I joined 12games in.
2031/32 VIT             Brazil      First Division   4th        Copa Qualification, Brazilian Cup SF
2032/33 VIT             Brazil      First Division   2nd        Copa Winner! CwC Finalist - MOTY
2033    Montreal        Canada      MLS              1st        Finalist - No Win
2034/35 AS Roma         Italy       Serie A          2nd        Euro Cup Winner, Italian Cup Winner - MOTY
2035/36 AS Roma         Italy       Serie A          1st        Champions, Super Cup Winner, Italian Cup Winner - MOTY
2036/37 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Champions, C1C Winner, FA Cup Winner - MOTY
2037/38 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Champions, C1C Winner, FA Cup Winner, Champions Cup Winner - MOTY
2038/39 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Club World Championship Winners - Resigned
2039/40 Estudiantes     Argentina   Premiership      1st        14th in league when i got the job - Resigned
2041    Rosonberg       Norwegian   Premiership      1st        Chmpaions, Norwegian Cup Winner - MOTY - Resigned

Year	Team 	 	Country	    Tournament            Finished	Notes          
2017	U20's    	Columbia    Under 20's World Cup  QF	        Went out in QF on penalties.
2019	U20's    	Columbia    SA Championship       2nd	        Runner's up (WC Round 2)
2025	Senior    	Paraquay    n/a                   n/a	        World Rank #57 on hiring, 48th at end of Year
2026    Senior          Paraquay    n/a                   n/a           World Rank #54
2030    Senior          Paraquay    World Cup             2nd Round     World Rank #14 - Resigned after worldcup
2036    Senior          Mexico      Gold Cup              Win           World Rank #8  - Resigned after gold cup
2040    Senior          Wales       n/a                   n/a           World Rank #47th when taking job
2041    Senior          Wales       Euro Qualifiers       n/a           World Rank #33rd 

Challenge
Top Division Leagues 4/10 - Italy, England, Argentina, Norway
Domestic Cup 5/10 - Chile Cup, Italian Cup, C1C, FA Cup (England), Norwegian Cup 
Champions Leagues - Copa Libertadores (VIT), Champions Cup (Europe - Man U)
Club World Championship - Man United 38/39

International
1/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup w/Mexico)
0/2 world tournaments ()

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMH0jttkI_KMRJDXfxUG1qIfIO1DM7eZIjQ3QRnEypqvQ-beRq

Club Deportivo Universidad de Concepción 2018/19 update

After an unsuccessful Asian Cup with Uzbekistan I resigned from the role to focus on getting a new club job. It took me just under a month to be appointed as the new manager of Universidad de Concepción, so back to the second tier of Chilean football I go! The club was predicted 7th and had finished 4th in the opening stage, but had lost 3-2 on aggregate in the playoffs and had started the closing stage poorly with 4 points from their first 5 games.

The team looked decent and had been in the top division only 3 season ago. At home we won 4 and drew 1 of the 5 games I was in charge of, but away from home it was the opposite (drew 1 and lost 4). Annoyingly this was a similar story from my time at Ñublense. Talking about my former team, they have finished 13th and 15th in the two seasons after I left. Also, two of the players that played for them when I was manager, now play for Universidad de Concepción.

Looking at the squad, I think a striker and left back are needed as a priority and potentially a centre back and goalkeeper as well. With a little bit of investment in these areas I believe that we can push for a playoff spot at minimum next season - especially if we improve on our away form!

Is anyone else struggling away from home by the way? Do you use the same tactic home/away or change? Or does it depend who you are playing against?

Season     Team                        Country	   Pos       Notes and Achievements

2015/16    Nublense   	               Chile 	   11th      Took over with 12 games to go
2016/17	   Nublense   	               Chile 	   4th       Lost in playoff semi final; RESIGNED at end of season
2017/18	   Unemployed   	       N/a	   N/a	     N/a
2018/19	   Universidad de Concepcion   Chile 	   5th       Took over with 10 games to go  

2016	   Australia U23	       Asia	   Knocked out of Olympic Games Group Stage
2017-19	   Uzbekistan		       Asia	   Qualified for Asian Nations Cup; Lost all 4 games

@apchivers - I can't say that I've noticed a massive difference in form away from home. I tend to have a set tactic and alter it when needed. I do have a counter attacking tactic that I use when away to stronger clubs as well.

Can someone clear up a couple of things for me? I'm tempted by a job that has come up in Mexico, but want to clear up a couple of things before jumping continents again. Firstly, are we classifying a league win as winning the knockout playoffs at the end of each stage? i.e - there are two chances to win the league each season?

Secondly, the team I'm looking at have qualified for the NACL, but some Mexican teams look like they've qualified for the Copa Libertadores. Does that mean that, theoretically, I could win two continental titles with the same team?

Final question, do the domestic cups all need to be from different nations? I only ask because I saw that mclarke1987 (who is smashing his way through this challenge!) put down both the Capital One Cup and FA Cup from England. I'm wondering if I did a stupid thing letting myself get knocked out of the FA Cup in Scotland knowing I was targeting the League Cup. I don't want to make that mistake again if that's the case!

Yes You Can Win Both With A Mexican Team. Because They Were Part Of South America, So Still Take Part In The Copa. As For The Domestic Cup, As Long As All Teams In That Nation

Can Take Place Yes It Counts

In Mexico you have 2 chances a year to win the league, both the apertura and clausura. It's only winning the playoff at the end of each season that counts though. Finishing top at the end of the league segment doesn't count.

Actually not all the Mexican teams enter the Mexican Cup, but it still counts because its the only domestic cup in Mexico.

The domestic cups have to be from 10 different nations, as per post 1, so mclarke has only 4 domestic cups towards the challenge.

In Mexico you have 2 chances a year to win the league, both the apertura and clausura. It's only winning the playoff at the end of each season that counts though. Finishing top at the end of the league segment doesn't count.

Actually not all the Mexican teams enter the Mexican Cup, but it still counts because its the only domestic cup in Mexico.

The domestic cups have to be from 10 different nations, as per post 1, so mclarke has only 4 domestic cups towards the challenge.

I will update my tracker to display 4 but mayihavecookie has both fa cup and c1c in his final post for completing the challenge

Is this why he had to get 11?

From the rules on the first page: Others: Domestic Cups from 10 separate nations required (where top level teams can enter)

So either The FA Cup or the League Cup will count towards the challenge but not both. But winning everything is always going to help in terms of boosting reputation as you look to future jobs. And I just want to win everything anyway :)

rosario_central.gif

Season 2027

After leaving Napoli, the market didn't offer much. Olympique Marseille was an option, but I gave up when I saw how better Lyon and Monaco are in every department. I won't even mention PSG, the perennial champions, a world on their own.

Then clubs like Cardiff offered me a job, but I'm past that kind of level. Tottenham was also an option, but then something interesting happened in Argentina.

The manager of Rosario Central left the club to become Argentinian national manager. He left the club after exactly half the matches played, comfortably at 1st place, 5 points cushion. It was impressive for an AI manager since the team is really 4th or 5th in the league in terms of quality.

Anyway, I saw an opportunity for a quick trophy or two, took the job, reshuffled the squad a bit without doing any transfers and won every competition we were in!

The problem now is that I don't think the team is good enough to mount a serious Copa Lib challenge, but we'll try. After that, I don't know, I might leave even if I don't win the CL if a big club offers me a job elsewhere.

Season     Team            League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup           Notes 

2015       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   5th           4th rnd                       -                  took over 13 games to go, 7th place
2016       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   1st           5th rnd                       -   
2017       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     6th           quarters                      -    
2018       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     7th           4th rnd                       -   
2019       Seoul           K League Classic     3rd           runners up                  WINNERS              joined after 19 games, 6th place       
2020       Seoul           K League Classic     1st           WINNERS                     WINNERS  
2020/21    Sundowns        South African PSL    3rd           KC semis, FA 1st rnd       in progress           joined after 13 games, 11th place 
2021/22    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC WINNERS, FA quarters     won ACC     
2022/23    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC semis, FA winners        WINNERS    
2023/24    Palermo         Serie A              4th           semis                         -                  joined after 11 games, 11th place  
2024/25    Napoli          Serie A              2nd           1st rnd                   EL 1st KO rnd      
2025/26    Napoli          Serie A              1st           quarters                  CL 1st KO rnd   
2026/27    Napoli          Serie A              1st           semis                     CL 1st KO rnd    
2027       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    1st           WINNERS                   Copa Sud. winners      joined after 15 games, 1st place      

Season     Nation            Competitions

2020       Nigeria        African Champions of Nations - quarterfinals
2021       Nigeria        African Nations Cup - quarterfinals
2021       Ivory Coast      -  
2022       Ivory Coast    African Champions of Nations - winners, World Cup - second round   
2023       Ivory Coast    African Nations Cup - 4th place  
2026       Cameroon       World Cup - group stage
2027       Cameroon       African Nations Cup - WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central)

3/10 domestic cups (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Argentina-Rosario Central)

2/5 club continental championships (Asia-Seoul, Africa-Sundowns)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments

I will update my tracker to display 4 but mayihavecookie has both fa cup and c1c in his final post for completing the challenge

When the challenge started, it wasn't clear whether it needed to be from 10 different nations, but mihc decided to do that anyway. We clarified the rules for the start of the FM16 challenge.

Logo-VfL-Wolfsburg_zpsiheargrg.png

Wolfsburg 2040

Following missing out on European Football the previous season , Wolfsburg were simply dismantled by the bigger sides as stars left to play in the top competitions. This was offset though by the stellar groundwork which had gone on at Wolfsburg and the youth sides were full of talent waiting a chance to succeed in the main side. Transitioning a youthful side was going to be difficult and to be fair the league was lost in the opening six weeks of the season and whilst taking advantage of playing less games i managed to claw back most of the deficit before my wobbling after hitting pole position. BVB reclaimed top spot and won the title and Bayern won the Pokal 1-0 to leave me empty handed . Overall i am not to disappointed as i still need win the Champions League and given the state of French Football unless i get the PSG job , its going to have to happen in Germany or Spain .

Season Overview

The only thing of note in a quite dull qualification campaign was one of my Wolfsburg centre halves was injured for Russia against my side which put him out for 2 months . Spain qualified with a 10 wins from 10 record and were handed a group consisting of Italy , Greece and Wales . A scrappy 1-0 win saw off the Welsh before a 2-0 defeat against the Italians left a match against the Greeks who were deposed of 3-1 . A favourable draw against Scotland awaited and they were hammered 4-0. Spain were defeated by France in the Quarters who went on to win the competition which led to my dismissal

Season     Team             Country     Position    Notes          
2015    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden        12th      
2016    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden         4th   
2017    Sandnes Ulf         Norway          --
2018    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         2nd      Promoted
2019    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         8th
2020    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2021    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2022    MK Dons             England       16th
2023    MK Dons             England        8th
2024    Ipswich Town        England        1st      Promoted
2025    Ipswich Town        England        6th
2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2027    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2028    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    Atlético Madrid     Spain          3rd
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2034    Toronto FC          USA             --
2035    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2036    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2037    Santos Laguna       Mexico          X
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2039    Internazionale      Italy          1st      Serie A Winners
2040    Wolfsburg           Germany        2nd

Challenge Progress

Club

6/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy

4/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England

2/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038

1/1 club world championship - Tottenham 2033

International

3/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031

2/2 world tournaments - WC Uruguay 2030 - CONFED Uruguay 2033

The original author never described if the 10 cups needed to be from different nations. He only described it as cup competitions where the top division teams entered. However those of us left in the thread, with vikeologist as the main man always considered you would only be a man if you finished it from 10 different nations. So you see several completing this challenge with 11-12 cups as we wanted 10 different nations. I think in some of my reports (not the final one, but one before that) it says how many different nations the cups where won in.

If you check the following post from the old threads you will find that I won 14 cups, but only 10 different nations, with that specified in my post:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10513749&viewfull=1#post10513749

Query about another policy now.

Winning leagues/cups etc do you have to be managing from the start or is midway enough, I ask because I remember someone (cant find post) winning a cup after taking over in the semi finals. Since my last post I've won other competitions where I took over in the Quarters and the current club is in Semi finals (which im winning) - I don't mind sticking round to defend the titles and im tempted to see out the contract anyway cos of the interviews "so many clubs in short time" stuff, but before I put them on the tracker I wanted confirmation.

Query about another policy now.

Winning leagues/cups etc do you have to be managing from the start or is midway enough, I ask because I remember someone (cant find post) winning a cup after taking over in the semi finals. Since my last post I've won other competitions where I took over in the Quarters and the current club is in Semi finals (which im winning) - I don't mind sticking round to defend the titles and im tempted to see out the contract anyway cos of the interviews "so many clubs in short time" stuff, but before I put them on the tracker I wanted confirmation.

It counts as long as you play the final/last game of the season, but if the team was winning the league we would like to hear why they appointed you/sacked their former manager. But yes I have got a Brazilian Club once and they where in Semi Final of Copa Libertadores (but I lost as the previous manager had lost heavily in the first match), so it might happen. I think vike did something similar.

Yeah that makes sense just wanted to check, I got the NACL last season and then managed to get the jeonbuk job they aren't going to win the league because they were 6th when i took it on but they were in both fa cup & asian champions league so incase I win i wanted to make sure. Regardless I will stick out the contract and try get the league title before I move on again

150px-Legia_Warszawa.svg.png

Legia Warsaw Season Review 2020/21

League Table - 1st

Another Polish top flight side and once again another financial mess, I took over Legia at a time when they were scraping the financial barrel, wage budget deep in the red which left me once again with no scope to purchase players, over the course of the season we had to ship out big earners, just so we could make some moves in the winter transfer window, after shipping out a few names (including rather bizarrely Gael Clichy, no idea how that happened previously!) I managed to bring in a young French striker by the name of Edouard Odsonne who scored 10 in 15 games and an experienced Swiss keeper in Yanick Brecher, both pivitol in our title win. That said it wasn't a particularly tough season, Legia had a decent squad more than good enough to challenge for the title, we grabbed top spot early on and clung onto it for most the the season, perennial big spenders Lech Poznan struggled early, allowing us to gain the upper hand, with only defending champions Piast offering us any resistance.

Despite winning the league we got ourselves dumped out of the FA Cup in the 2nd round, a rather poor showing, aswell as sadly losing out in the Euro Cup playoffs, the last step before the Group Stage, drawing the easiest of teams left in the competition, Qarabag of Azerbaijan, this was probably a blessing in disguise giving us 100% focus on the league.

I also took over as manager of Morocco, I lasted one game, after being humiliated by Gabon 3-1 at home, I threw in my resignation, probably sticking to club management solely for the time being!

With this success I'm now departing Legia and Poland, loaded up a few more 'stronger' European nations and discarding a few more of the weaker ones, Hungary/Romania/Czech I'm sure your leagues are lovely but you're outta here!

2015/16            FC Haka                    3rd            Finnish First Division
2016/17            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish First Division                Promoted to Premier League
2017/18            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish Premier League                League Winners
2018/19            Gornik Leczna              1st            Polish First Division                 Promoted to Ekstraklasa
2019/20            Slask Wroclaw              5th            Polish Ekstraklasa
2020/21            Legia                      1st            Polish Ekstraklasa                    League Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (Finland,Poland)
0/10 domestic cups
0/5 club continental championships

International
0/5 continental tournaments
0/2 world tournaments

rosario_central.gif

Season 2028

I took my transfer budget to the maximum and strengthened the defence considerably, all with the aim of winning the Copa Libertadores.

It paid off, first with cruising the group stage, and then in the knock-out rounds. :cool:

That's the job done, and I was meaning to stay and have a go at CWC, but I got an offer you can't refuse. More on that in the next update. :)

Anyway, I left my successor a comfortable league position.

Season     Team            League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup           Notes 

2015       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   5th           4th rnd                       -                  took over 13 games to go, 7th place
2016       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   1st           5th rnd                       -   
2017       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     6th           quarters                      -    
2018       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     7th           4th rnd                       -   
2019       Seoul           K League Classic     3rd           runners up                  WINNERS              joined after 19 games, 6th place       
2020       Seoul           K League Classic     1st           WINNERS                     WINNERS  
2020/21    Sundowns        South African PSL    3rd           KC semis, FA 1st rnd       in progress           joined after 13 games, 11th place 
2021/22    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC WINNERS, FA quarters     won ACC     
2022/23    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC semis, FA winners        WINNERS    
2023/24    Palermo         Serie A              4th           semis                         -                  joined after 11 games, 11th place  
2024/25    Napoli          Serie A              2nd           1st rnd                   EL 1st KO rnd      
2025/26    Napoli          Serie A              1st           quarters                  CL 1st KO rnd   
2026/27    Napoli          Serie A              1st           semis                     CL 1st KO rnd    
2027       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    1st           WINNERS                   Copa Sud. winners      joined after 15 games, 1st place     
2028       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    -             -                         Copa Lib. WINNERS      resigned after 15 games, 1st place 

Season     Nation            Competitions

2020       Nigeria        African Champions of Nations - quarterfinals
2021       Nigeria        African Nations Cup - quarterfinals
2021       Ivory Coast      -  
2022       Ivory Coast    African Champions of Nations - winners, World Cup - second round   
2023       Ivory Coast    African Nations Cup - 4th place  
2026       Cameroon       World Cup - group stage
2027       Cameroon       African Nations Cup - WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central)

3/10 domestic cups (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Argentina-Rosario Central)

3/5 club continental championships (Asia-Seoul, Africa-Sundowns, South America-Rosario Central)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments

psni_logo.jpg

The beginning of my travels saw me fall directly in the arms of the law and take over PSNI which stands for Police Service of Northern Ireland. I don't know if this is a team made up of police officers or how it works to be honest, but they were relegated from the NIFL Championship 1 last year and sat in 6th when I took over this year.

I joined the day before Halloween and decided to design my own tactics right from the beginning. Usually, I'd use a downloaded tactic because I am utterly dreadful when it comes to tactics but I fancied a change. Our first match saw us run out 5-0 winners over lower league Larne in the Intermediate Cup with my newly designed 4-4-2 and suddenly I was the second coming of José Mourinho in my head. Then we thumped bottom of the league Moyola Park 4-1 and I was already preparing my hall of fame speech for when I was clearly going to be inducted if results continued. We'd come back down to earth with an elimination in the next round of the cup but we dusted ourselves off and continued.

I actually lost just the one league game from October until the end of the season but a handful of draws saw our points tally not as high as one might expect when told they only lost one game all season. We also struggled to keep a clean sheet - we never picked up a win and a clean sheet in the same game in the league all season. In fact, we kept just four clean sheets under my reign in total which is an area that needs improvement for sure.

We finished in third place, 5 points outside of second place and the only playoff place in the league. With the right additions and tweaks, we could be up top next season I think. I'd call that a successful season nonetheless.

Season   Team    Position     Notes and Achievements

2015/16  PSNI      3rd    

Logo-VfL-Wolfsburg_zpsiheargrg.png

Wolfsburg 2041

After choking towards the end of the season last time round , Wolfsburg would battle it out with last years champions Dortmund and Schalke 04 . FC Bayern were in disarray , spending large amounts of money , sacking managers and seeing no results on the pitch . The Pokal was a short campaign following wins over Aue and HSV , Die Wölfe exited in the third round away to Dortmund. Despite getting out of one of the harder groups in the champions league on paper Wolfsburg exited 5-4 on agg to Sporting Lisbon in the first knock-out round to leave Die Bundesliga as the only remaining trophy possibility .

And so we reached The Business End of the campaign with Die Wölfe top of the pile on goal difference with Dortmund a mere point behind. Fixtures against BMG , Ingolstadt , Hertha Berlin then a potential banana skin at home to Leverkusen and the final game if it came to it would be at the Veltins Arena. No Further change at the top and it was Super Saturday in the Bundesliga . Schalke 04 v Wolfsburg , Mainz v Dortmund

German International Left Back Schiersand nets his first of the season popping up at the back post - Oh what a time ! . Over in Mainz Dortmund are behind as we enter the second half . Schalke peppering the Wolfsburg goal but unable to find an equaliser. A Tight Compact Wolfsburg playing out time as Dortmund's challenge derails . Schalke failed to covert their chance and Die Wölfe were champions for the first time since 2009

Season Overview

Internationally not much happening following my sacking from the spanish job , currently managing England through a qualification campaign for 2042 World Cup

EDIT - Now in France trying dethrone PSG who have won 5 in a row and 23 of the last 27 titles

Season     Team             Country     Position    Notes          
2015    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden        12th      
2016    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden         4th   
2017    Sandnes Ulf         Norway          --
2018    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         2nd      Promoted
2019    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         8th
2020    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2021    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2022    MK Dons             England       16th
2023    MK Dons             England        8th
2024    Ipswich Town        England        1st      Promoted
2025    Ipswich Town        England        6th
2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2027    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2028    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    Atlético Madrid     Spain          3rd
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2034    Toronto FC          USA             --
2035    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2036    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2037    Santos Laguna       Mexico          X
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2039    Internazionale      Italy          1st      Serie A Winners
2040    Wolfsburg           Germany        2nd
2041    Wolfsburg           Germany        1st      Bundesliga Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

7/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany

4/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England

2/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038

1/1 club world championship - Tottenham 2033

International

3/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031

2/2 world tournaments - WC Uruguay 2030 - CONFED Uruguay 2033

Pug's Update Season 2027/28

LKnNcBQ.png

So I Took Over Milan After 10 Games Into The Season Sitting In 17th Place. In The First 5 Games I Lost All So I Ended Up Last, Then We Played Juventus

And Got A Draw Then Went On A Unbeaten Run To Finish 4th. We Also Had A Good TIM Cup Which We Won 5-2 Against Juventus

FRwBHar.png?1

PWL0Veg.png

Season 2028/29

So With A Few Additions To Last Year Already Good Squad, It Was A Comfortable League Win With 1 Defeat Against Juventus And A Few Draws. A TIM Cup

Win A Loss In The Euro League And A Loss In The Super TIM Cup. It Was Time To Move On Again.

arR9IF2.png?1

1uXTG73.png

dBZIewL.png

In The Year 2028 South Africa Played In The CHAN, Which We Blooded Some Younger Players For A Ageing Squad. I Didn't Really Care, Because It Doesn't

Count Towards This Challenge. The Main Tournament Was In 2029 The ACON. So Up First Was A Group Of Ivory Coast/Morocco And Angola, And 2 Wins

And A Draw Would See Us Top The Group. Next Up Was A Q-Final Against Guinea-Bissau And A 2-0. In The Semis Was Nigeria And A Hard 2-1 Win

Next Was A Final Against Tunisia With A Comfortable 3-0 Win And Another Trophy To The Collection.

0icmqwn.png?1

So With South Africa Done The USA Manager Retired And I Was Now Manager.

3SAR1Cp.png

So With The Gold Cup And The Confederations I Had To Have 2 Teams Of Players. What A hard Job It Was ??. With Me Having The Confed I Put More Effort

Into The Gold Cup. So Drawn In To A Group With Jamaica/Barbados And Guatemala, With 1 Win And 2 Draws And 2nd Place. Up In The Q-Finals A Game

Between Honduras And 6-0 Win. Next Was A Semis Game Against Canada And A 2-1 Win Which Should Have Been More. The Final Was Against El Salvador

And A Comfortable 4-1 Win. So In The Space Of 5 Mouths I Had Won 2 International Trophies Towards The Challenge.

XgC7D0W.png?1

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2024/25    Real Madrid         Won                 Won           Won                      
2025/26    Real Madrid         Won            Won  Won     Won   Won                   
2026/27    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs                                   Won                         Won African Champions League
2027/28    Milan                              Won
2028/29    Milan               Won            Won                                      

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain                       Won                                                             Won Confed Cup
2025      Brazil
2026      Brazil         Won
2027      Brazil                                                                        Won           Won Copa America
2027      South Africa
2028      South Africa                                                                                Won C.H.A.N
2029      South Africa                                               Won                              Won A.C.O.N
2029      USA                                                                 Won                     Won Gold Cup

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
6/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy)
6/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy)
3/5  Continental Cups    (Europe-North American-S/Africa)
1/1  Club World Cup      (Newcastle-England)

International
-------------
4/5  Continental Tournaments (Euro's-Spain/Copa America-Brazil/ACON-S/Africa/Gold Cup-USA)
2/2  World Tournaments       (World Cup-Spain/Confed-Spain)

Season 2023/24: Newcastle/Brazil

After finishing third in the Copa America I noticed the Brazil post was available so I jumped ship from Uruguay and landed the Brazil post.

So far just played World Cup qualifying matches and a "classico" against Argentina which we won on penalties. The WC qualifying is progressing nicely with 5 wins and 1 defeat so far.

I entered my fourth season as Newcastle manager with one Trophy in mind, the Club World Championship which was won comfortably against Internacional of Brazil.

We only lost four games all season and those came in the league before or after a cup game where players were rested.

Due to our cup progress we didn't secure the league until the final week of the league season with three games left to play when came from 2-0 down at half time to West Ham and get an 85th min winner. Of note we scored the most number of goals in a Premier League season with 115 goals scored.

The domestic and european cups were comfortably won as I was able to rest players each game to make sure we were fresh. We also did another first by being the first team to defend the European Cup in the Champions League era. \o/

Early on in my career with Newcastle it was a struggle as I just wasn't "feeling" the team, but now that it's come to move on I've found it's difficult as I've grown an affinity for the side and enjoy the football we play.

I'm not sure where my next stop will be but I'll miss these digital wonders. Most people blame LVG for Man Utd being difficult to watch...I blame this Newcastle side as we entertain more :)

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (GRE, ENG)

2/10 domestic cups (GRE, ENG)

1/5 club continental championships (ECL-Newcastle)

1/1 club world championship ()

International

1/5 continental tournaments (ACN - Algeria)

0/2 world tournaments

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
						Leagues		Cups
Season	NAT	Club			Division	1st	2nd	1st	2nd		Cont.		CWC	Other & Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	GRE	Panaigialeios		B division	8th		n/a						Last 9 games
2016/17	GRE	Panaigialeios		B division	1st		round 2						Promoted
2017/18	GRE	Panaigialeios		Superleague	5th		round 2						3rd in Euro playoff 
2018/19	GRE	Panaigialeios		Superleague	1st		Winners						League and Cup winners
2020/21	ENG	Newcastle United	EPL		5th		round 3	round 2					qualified for Europa league
2021/22	ENG	Newcastle United	EPL		3rd		Won	Won					Europa League & Domestic Cup winners
2022/23	ENG	Newcastle United	EPL		1st		Won	round 3		Won			Won Euro Super Cup
2023/24	ENG	Newcastle United	EPL		1st		Won	Won		Won		Won	Clean sweep of all the pots

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
		Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes
2023	Algeria		15th			Won		Up 17 in FIFA rank
2023	Uruguay		14th			3rd		3rd in Copa America
2024	Brazil		1st					Only WC qualifiers so far
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blackdevil - It certainly is difficult to leave a successful side in this challenge; especially since most new jobs come at clubs somewhat lacking in success. I don't think my current Chaoyue side are fun to watch because of the tactics I'm using. As I'm planning to keep on using them though, I'll just have to get used to it.

pug407 - I cut and paste you into second place in the progress table, and then had to put you stright back there. Just one more international trophy to get, but it's in Asia. Do you have many playable national teams going on in Asia? Near the end of my challenge i just had S Korea, though I managed to get Australia and China playable (off and on) by adding the leagues.

Kwatman - GL in France. Looks like you're in danger of chasing cups at the end of your challenge, although you'll inevitably find yourself in nations with easy cups (ie Mexico) and with 2 domestic cups. Only 1 cup per nation counts of course, but it's nice to have 2 bites at the cherry.

cardio - welcome to the challenge. Is this your first attempt. Your id is familiar of course, but I can't remember if it's from this thread.

shirajzl - Is it you that's said that you're worried about having lots of international trophies to win at the end? A few of us had this fate, and it's not fun. Anyway, welcome to the leaderboard. It's getting quite crowded now

supergord - I hope that you get 10 trophies plus this time. As alluded to on the first page, I felt a bit guilty when we initiated the leaderboard and you'd onlt got 9 in FM15. Hope you get a good job in a strong league.

mclarke - Not only is midway through an ok time to take over a club, as discussed before i took over a Mexican club on the actual afternoon of the 2nd leg of the league final.

ap - sounds like tough going in Chile.Hope you can get promoted.

n1g - Congrats on the cup at Aberdeen. Much btter to have more cups than leagues I think.

Vikeologist's 2018 Dalian Chaoyue Report

th?&id=OIP.M001359d997b468c75e4e88f176b527ddo0&w=150&h=150&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

I started the year with China U23 in the U23 Asian Cup. To my surprise we reached the final, and I thought we stood a good chance against Saudi Arabia, who like us were one of the outsiders for the tournamant. It wasn't to be however, and we lost 1-0. i then made the mistake of quitting thinking that the squad wouldn't have any more matches until the olympics more than 2 years away. It tunred out that they competed in the Asian Games later in 2018. I wish I'd stayed on; not least because then I could avoided selecting my best striker to the squad and making him anavailable to us.

In the end it didin't make any difference at dalian however. I notched not only my first ever promotion in the Ultimate Challenge (in FM15 I never managed outside the top divisions) but also won league 1. I'm quite please with this achievement, because dalian are probably the smallest team in the division. Our average attaendance was 1153, opposed to over 19k+ ave for newly promoted Yiteng. Our co-promotees, Xiangtao, also have small attendances so it wouldn't be a surprise if both came staright back down.

At the moment I'm leaning towards leaving at the end of my contract / end of the year. I'm really chuffed at the promotion, but even though my tactics are working well, I can't see me being able to win any silverware. I've been applying for jobs in the English Championship and L1 without success. I might not renew my contract and go unemployed anyway.

I thought I might be able to get a mid-level international job, but the one one I could get was Nigeria U23, who haven't had any fixtures, and won't until May.

Season Team     Position Notes          Challenge Landmarks

15/16 Sweden U21    2nd   In a Euro U21 qualifying spot when I left   
2016 Dalian Transcendence    14th  Avoided club relegation on final day of season 
2017 Dalian Transcendence    6th  Mid-table snozze-fest
2018 Dalian Transcendence    1st

2016 Jamaica     n/a  Qualified for World Cup Qualifiers Round 5
2017 Jamaica       Knocked out of Gold Cup in Q/F and sacked 
2018  China U23      Lost in final of U23 Asian Games        

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues 
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2 world tournaments 

Congrats on promotion Vike, the football I played at Panaigialeios wasn't pretty in the slightest just efficient.

My departure from Newcastle started a merry-go-round with the jobs at Man Utd, Juventus, PSG, Inter and Marseilles all becoming available sequentially so plenty of decent sides having vacancies.

With Inter and Marseilles being the reigning champions of Italy and France I applied for both and after a couple of interviews they both offered my their job....quite the choice to make.

@Cardiovascular - Welcome to the challenge! Looking forward to see how the Mourinho of the Northern Irish league gets on next year! :)

Fully expecting a painful descent back to reality next year but we shall see. :)

Vikeo - I started this last year but only managed to complete one season in Singapore before my laptop died.

shirajzl - Is it you that's said that you're worried about having lots of international trophies to win at the end? A few of us had this fate, and it's not fun. Anyway, welcome to the leaderboard. It's getting quite crowded now

Indeed it was me. That part of the challenge was always going to be a problem for me because international management is boring to me and sometimes really difficult. Even if those prevent me from completing the challenge, I won't be sorry since the journey so far has been so much fun. :)

pug407 - I cut and paste you into second place in the progress table, and then had to put you stright back there. Just one more international trophy to get, but it's in Asia. Do you have many playable national teams going on in Asia? Near the end of my challenge i just had S Korea, though I managed to get Australia and China playable (off and on) by adding the leagues.

No Not Yet I'm Just Loading Them.

Vikeologist's 2018 Dalian Chaoyue Report

th?&id=OIP.M001359d997b468c75e4e88f176b527ddo0&w=150&h=150&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

I started the year with China U23 in the U23 Asian Cup. To my surprise we reached the final, and I thought we stood a good chance against Saudi Arabia, who like us were one of the outsiders for the tournamant. It wasn't to be however, and we lost 1-0. i then made the mistake of quitting thinking that the squad wouldn't have any more matches until the olympics more than 2 years away. It tunred out that they competed in the Asian Games later in 2018. I wish I'd stayed on; not least because then I could avoided selecting my best striker to the squad and making him anavailable to us.

In the end it didin't make any difference at dalian however. I notched not only my first ever promotion in the Ultimate Challenge (in FM15 I never managed outside the top divisions) but also won league 1. I'm quite please with this achievement, because dalian are probably the smallest team in the division. Our average attaendance was 1153, opposed to over 19k+ ave for newly promoted Yiteng. Our co-promotees, Xiangtao, also have small attendances so it wouldn't be a surprise if both came staright back down.

At the moment I'm leaning towards leaving at the end of my contract / end of the year. I'm really chuffed at the promotion, but even though my tactics are working well, I can't see me being able to win any silverware. I've been applying for jobs in the English Championship and L1 without success. I might not renew my contract and go unemployed anyway.

I thought I might be able to get a mid-level international job, but the one one I could get was Nigeria U23, who haven't had any fixtures, and won't until May.

2016 Dalian Transcendence    14th  Avoided club relegation on final day of season 
2017 Dalian Transcendence    6th  Mid-table snozze-fest
2018 Dalian Transcendence    1st

2016 Jamaica     n/a  Qualified for World Cup Qualifiers Round 5
2017 Jamaica       Knocked out of Gold Cup in Q/F and sacked 
2018  China U23      Lost in final of U23 Asian Games        

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2 world tournaments 

At The End Of Your Contract You Get Put On A Monthly, So You Still Have To Resign.

I won't be sorry since the journey so far has been so much fun. :)

This is so true, it's not the destination but the journey. That's what I keep telling myself anyway as international management isn't my forte, but that's probably down to not putting in the effort to properly scout players I guess.

This is so true, it's not the destination but the journey. That's what I keep telling myself anyway as international management isn't my forte, but that's probably down to not putting in the effort to properly scout players I guess.

I don't have the same drive to succeed in international management that I do when managing a club side, I think it's the same as yourself watching players, picking a different squad for different tournaments, I just can't be bothered :lol: going to focus on the club side first and if I'm not completely burnt out I'll jump into it after.

@vikeologist - That was fair, I was happy with the honourable mention!

150px-Rapid-Wien.png

SK Rapid Wien Season Review 2021/22

League Table - 3rd

After my resignation at Legia I struggled for a while to pick up a new club, had a few interviews with bigger European teams like Club Brugge and Anderlecht before being offered the job in Austria with SK Rapid Wien, a pretty big team certainly by my standards, they'd won the title 4 times out of the last 7 years but found themselves 2nd from bottom after 12 games and battling away in the EURO Cup group stages. It was actually my first club with healthy finances and a sizeable budget, I didn't know what to do with myself!

Took the squad a little while to adapt to my 5-2-1-2 formation but after a month or two we just clicked, splashed the cash during the winter transfer window (£4.3m!!) and really picked up the pace, going unbeaten in our last 11 games winning 8.

No cup success again, scrapped through to the quarter finals of the Austrain FA Cup and dumped out of the EURO Cup in the group stages.

2015/16            FC Haka                    3rd            Finnish First Division
2016/17            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish First Division                Promoted to Premier League
2017/18            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish Premier League                League Winners
2018/19            Gornik Leczna              1st            Polish First Division                 Promoted to Ekstraklasa
2019/20            Slask Wroclaw              5th            Polish Ekstraklasa
2020/21            Legia                      1st            Polish Ekstraklasa                    League Winners
2021/22            SK Rapid Wien              3rd            Austrian Premier Division

Haven't really played much of FM this season but I've decided to have a crack at this challenge as a way to alleviate the post season boredom.

Didn't take my long to find a job as I picked one up with Loughgall F.C. in Northern Ireland joining on the 14th of July 2015.

Loughgall F.C. - Season Review - 2015/2016

Northern Ireland Championship One

Media Prediction: 3rd

Board Expectation: Mid Table

Final Position: 1st

A smashing start to my career as we secure promotion to the Northern Irish top tier. My go to formation in my long term FM2012 game has been a 4-3-3 but I instead opted for a 4-4-1-1 as I wanted to mix things up a bit and have never tried that formation in FM before. Anto Burns was our top goalscorer with 13 goals and Mark Stewart led the league in assists with 9. We secured the title in the penultimate game before losing to H & W Welders on the last day. They secured the runner up place in the league but would go on to lose the Irish Cup final to Lisburn and the promotion playoff to Warrenpoint.

Irish League Cup

3rd round loss to Dergview

Winners: Dergview

We could have gone further after two victories in this competition but fell to a disappointing defeat to Dergview who finished 3rd in our division but went on to win this competition.

Intermediate Cup

1st round loss to Distillery

Winners: Ballyclare Comrades

Not important to the board. We lost 1-0 to Distillery.

Irish Cup

4th round loss to Distillery

Winners: Portadown

Deja vu? We lost 1-0 to Distillery.

Mid-Ulster Cup

Winners, 3-2 ET vs. Armagh

Victory in the final against our local rivals Armagh was celebrated by the board and fans just days before our promotion.

Other events

National C License secured.

Arsenal shock Europe by winning the Treble. They finish a point above Man United in the Premier League table before beating West Ham at Wembley for a third straight FA Cup and beating Barcelona 1-0 in Milan to secure the Champions League.

-

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()

Non Challenge Trophies

NIFL Championship 1 (Loughgall 15-16)

Mid-Ulster Cup (Loughgall 15-16)

2015 - Skeid

I began unemployed and holidayed for a while

I decided to go to Norway for my first job and took over Skeid who were 12th in the league and in the relegation spots. I felt that the team I had taken over were better than this and were in the best position out of the all the teams who offered me a job.

I was proven right as I won my first game against a relegation rival in good fashion. In the 8 games I had left of the season I managed to secure 5 wins, and 2 draws with the only 1 defeat in a close 4-3 game. Its one that I thought I could have actually won.

I managed to get to 9th which is a decent position and probably the best I could have hoped for.

I will be staying here for the next year. It going to be tough as a couple of my players are on Amateur contracts and they are being looked at by bigger teams. I will try to keep hold of them and also add a couple more new faces. The issue I have is wage budget so I am hoping to have enough to bring in one or two new faces. I think I could push towards the promotion places if I continue with this good form.

Season    Team    League            Position     

2015      Skeid   Norwegian 2nd Div    9th

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2 world tournaments 

2016 - Skeid

This season began with a tough task in trying to add some new faces to a team that had no cash to spend and no wage budget available to get some names in on a free. I had a little bit of room to play with but as usual the less money you offer the lesser quality of player you can attract. In the end 4 players came in and 5 left throughout the year. I would say a smaller squad but slightly better in terms of quality.

We actually lost our opening game against a team that would get relegated at the end of the year. We could only manage a draw in the reverse fixture so somewhat of a bogey team for us really. We did well other than that as we won 15 of our 26 games which left us with the title to be secured on the last day of the year. We beat a mid table side where our rivals seemed to panic and got beaten by a reserve side to handle us the title.

As for next season I dont think I can do another season of searching for players with no cash and no budget to spare, especially not going into a higher league. I think I am going to run to the end of my contract and then look for another job. I will stay in Scandinavia though more than likely remaining in Norway.

2016      Skeid   Norwegian 2nd Div    1st

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2 world tournaments 

Second season at Thanda Royal Zulu and having been promoted last season we were expect to avoid relegation. Ended up finishing 5th and winning the South African FA Cup, fantastic season. Half tempted to stick about and have a go in the continental competition but may leave on a high, don't think we can better this season with the budget and won't get anywhere in the cups again. Hoping Orlando Pirates manager gets sacked and I can go for that.

2017 - Skeid

It was not to be in off season as no clubs would be looking for a new manager or certainly non that were of any interest to me. I decided to stay for the year unless something popped up that interested me more. It turned out lots did interest me but non of them would take me so I spent another year with Skeid.

I brought in one or two new faces to replace some of the first team that had decided against renewing their contracts. In the end we actually managed to end up with a stronger squad than the one we had last year.

In the cup we managed to win a couple of games (my first ones here) before going out to a much bigger team.

In the league we lost our first game as seems to be the norm now. We then went on a hell of a run as we continued to win game after game. In the end we won 18 of our 30 games and won the league with a game to spare. If last season was a surprise this was beyond that. We were amazing and just seemed to eek out wins in games. I am chuffed that we have won promotion.

I decided to resign at the end of the year. I really didn't want to take them into the Premier as they were no way near good enough to contend so I decided that I would let them go and I would test the water with a few applications for another team.

2016      Skeid   Norwegian 2nd Div    1st
2017      Skeid   Norwegian 1st Div    1st

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

Kwatman - GL in France. Looks like you're in danger of chasing cups at the end of your challenge, although you'll inevitably find yourself in nations with easy cups (ie Mexico) and with 2 domestic cups. Only 1 cup per nation counts of course, but it's nice to have 2 bites at the cherry.

Very much so , its certainly fallen behind the leagues won over the past few years , though not playing in the US Cup due to been a Canadian Club and not entering a cup whilst i was in Mexico certainly didn't help matters .

Only got 2 countries left with multiple cups so its looking like i will end up playing random countries like Scotland cup hunting . Plan to finish up back in Sweden where i started if i still need a cup etc

Hi all, I think I'm going to try taking up this challenge. Going to start with just USA and Mexico loaded to see if I can get a job and if I can then I'll just add/remove leagues as and when I need to. If this doesn't work then I'll probably just use the tried and tested Asia starting place.

2017-2020 - Unemployed/Dukkala Prague

I spent from end Dec 2017 through to Dec 2019 unemployed. I applied for countless jobs and some came up and offered me roles but non really grabbed me.

I felt like the next job was a big one for me and one that could kick me into getting bigger jobs and hopefully a top league title or at least a cup. I very nearly stayed in Norway with Odds but decided against it.

In the end I got desperate and went to a poor Czech team. I lost all of 6 games in charge and was sacked.

Back to the job centre.

Season    Team            League            Position          Notes   

2015      Skeid           Norwegian 2nd Div    9th
2016      Skeid           Norwegian 2nd Div    1st            Promotion
2017      Skeid           Norwegian 1st Div    1st            Promotion
2019      Dukkala Prague  Czech Prem           N/A         Sacked after 6 games

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

2020/21 - Ludogorets/Cameroon

After leaving Czech Republic in less than gracious fashion I was out of work again. I fell lucky as one of the major forces in Bulgarian football started the season off poorly and sacked there manager. I pushed my name forward and surprisingly they took a chance on me.

I was 7th and in the 1/4 final of the Cup. I decided that I would focus on the cup and try and get that ticked off the list. I had to bring in 3 players to bolster my defence as it was weak. I also sold a young defender to AC Milan but he will be loaned back to us for the year.

The League was pretty straight forward as we won a good amount of games these were overshadowed by some poor defeats from lower teams but in the end the performance put us into 3rd in the league which was much higher than I thought we could. I feel that if we had been a little more consistent we could have challenged for the title. I was pleased though.

In the cup we destroyed everything in our pathway as we took the Cup and the first title to add to this challenge.

I was also given the job in Cameroon after they crashed out of the Nations Cup. I will be looking to take these to the World Cup.

It will be busy summer, I have already secured the young defender from AC Milan for another year. I have signed a striker who was voted Bulgarian young player of the year. I am looking to add some youth to this squad to try and secure the title next year.

Season    Team            League            Position          Notes   

2015      Skeid           Norwegian 2nd Div    9th
2016      Skeid           Norwegian 2nd Div    1st            Promotion
2017      Skeid           Norwegian 1st Div    1st            Promotion
2019      Dukkala Prague  Czech Prem           N/A            Sacked after 6 games
2020/21   Ludogorets      A Group              3rd            Cup Win

International

Years               Country                   Notes

2021 -              Cameroon

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups - (Bulgaria)

Currently sat at work reading everyone's fantastic posts, and I am itching to start this challenge again when I get back tonight. Shamefully I gave up on this back in FM15 after not really giving it a real go, but I'm determined this time! .. Roll on 5 o'clock!

sherwinriga I am in Bulgaria at the moment with Ludogorets. I am staying here this year to try and win the league. I may return to Czech Republic at some stage but it will be a while. I think once I do Bulgaria I am going to possibly try the USA but that could change