The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Going to have to start this again. Despite getting international offers from the likes of Morocco and Nigeria, I now can't get a job even at the bottom club in the Korean second tier which I won with Gyeongnam. Even resigning from my international job doesn't improve my prospects. Not sure if this is because I started on the beta, but will probably go down the Europe-first route next time around.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to have to start this again. Despite getting international offers from the likes of Morocco and Nigeria, I now can't get a job even at the bottom club in the Korean second tier which I won with Gyeongnam. Even resigning from my international job doesn't improve my prospects. Not sure if this is because I started on the beta, but will probably go down the Europe-first route next time around.

I know having an international job while you were still a fairly young manager and trying to get a club job definitely played an impact in FM15. I wouldn't have figured you wouldn't be able to find work in a division you'd already won, but it sounds like you are already restarting. Definitely no shame in that, I restarted a few times last year.

I've had a ton of fun with the Europe-first route, and I'm sure you will as well! Best of luck to you, Offen94!

I'm not so sure it's to do with the beta. I had a very similar experience myself with FM15, where I couldn't get a decent club job for about two years because I had an international job. However, others have reported having no difficulties in this situation.

Not being able to get any job at all seems extreme, but then my reputation was a lot higher at the time of my problem.

Nonetheless, let's maybe all take note; beware of quitting your club job if you're also an international manager. I think quitting jobs definitely has an impact. Then again, getting sacked also has an impact. Maybe your chairman wrote you a bitchy reference.

You may be the first challenger to quit a job in FM16, so I'm not completely ruling out a (potentially challenge-killing) bug.

Actually Champfan quit Qingdao didn't he? But I'd have thought that Kitchee was a giant step backwards, (that may just be mainlander bias of course) and anyway he doesn't have an international job.

Anyway, sorry you felt you needed to restart, but better sooner than later I suppose.

I know having an international job while you were still a fairly young manager and trying to get a club job definitely played an impact in FM15. I wouldn't have figured you wouldn't be able to find work in a division you'd already won, but it sounds like you are already restarting. Definitely no shame in that, I restarted a few times last year.

I've had a ton of fun with the Europe-first route, and I'm sure you will as well! Best of luck to you, Offen94!

I'm not so sure it's to do with the beta. I had a very similar experience myself with FM15, where I couldn't get a decent club job for about two years because I had an international job. However, others have reported having no difficulties in this situation.

Not being able to get any job at all seems extreme, but then my reputation was a lot higher at the time of my problem.

Nonetheless, let's maybe all take note; beware of quitting your club job if you're also an international manager. I think quitting jobs definitely has an impact. Then again, getting sacked also has an impact. Maybe your chairman wrote you a bitchy reference.

You may be the first challenger to quit a job in FM16, so I'm not completely ruling out a (potentially challenge-killing) bug.

Actually Champfan quit Qingdao didn't he? But I'd have thought that Kitchee was a giant step backwards, (that may just be mainlander bias of course) and anyway he doesn't have an international job.

Anyway, sorry you felt you needed to restart, but better sooner than later I suppose.

Thanks guys. That's interesting vikeologist, I'll definitely start honouring my contracts more in my second attempt. Got myself a job at Oxford United in December who are sitting low in the table, but things have started well and I think I can mount a play-off challenge this season and potentially go one better next time around. Fingers crossed!

Champfan10 Season 3

Season 2017/18

Kitchee– Hong Kong Premier Division

Competition - Schedule -

A new season a new job after I got fed up with my struggling Chinese journey at Qingdao and resigned 10 games into there 2017 season.

So I got offered a few interviews from several Asian clubs but I decided to go for the Kitchee job in Hong Kong, the target was simple from myself and the board, qualify for the Champions League.

This season would be best summed up as the season of so much promise, but promise that would eventually turn to regret. We raced to the top of the league and after 9 games (halfway) we hadn't lost, had a 3 point cushion and hadn't conceded a single goal. However the number of cups in Hong Kong seemed to distract the team as we could only pick up another 3 wins in the remaining games of the season and would finish 3rd.

Whats more dissapointing is that we would lose our last 4 games of the season that cost us the league, FA Cup and Champions League qualification. I did enjoy the season although it surprisingly drags mainly due to the length that the league is spread out over. Next year I need to get 12 points from my 5 games otherwise the board will send me packing but I'm going to strengthen in the summer.

*****International Job Alert*****

Jamaica

In April I had a few achievements pop up in the bottom left of my screen, headhunted was one and I was thinking a bigger club was coming in for me, but it was better than that, it was a chance to kick start my international career as Jamaica offered me there position of manager to my surprise. I gratefully accepted.

I would be in charge of upholding the countries honour in the upcoming 2018 world cup, we'd already been drawn in group C with 3 teams alot higher than our world ranking of 62. We have been drawn with Brazil, Portugal & Nigeria.

Season        Club        League                       Pos.      Info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015              Qingdao       China First Division        7th      Only played 2 games
2016              Qingdao       China First Division        4th      Out of FA Cup in 2nd Round
2017              Qingdao       China First Division        9th      Resigned after 10 games
2017/18           Kitchee       Hong Kong Premier League    3rd      FA Cup Runner Ups

Year     National Team     Rank     Notes
2016     Argentina U23s            2016 Olympics Group Stage Resigned
2018     Jamaica             62    2018 World Cup to be played      

Champfan10 Season 4

Jamaica - World Cup

My first major tournament as a manager and as an international manager would be the World Cup in Russia 2018. The boards remit was to uphold the countries honour after the tough group of Portugal Brazil and Nigeria was drawn.

First of all I had to pick my Jamaican squad, there was numerous English players who had Jamaican relatives but most turned down the chance to play in the world cup for a country they wasn't born in. The squad in comparison to the other nations in our group was weak, our main players being Dwight Gayle, Jason Puncheon and Andre Wisdom.

We had a couple of friendlies before the tournament kicked off, winning 4-0 against Cuba and losing 2-1 against Ecuador, but these games showed me enough to sort my tactics and have hope that we wouldn't shame the nation.

The first game was against Portugal, we lined up with a counter 4-1-4-1 as I was aware our main strength was our pace so I could afford to sit deep and hope we could hit them on the break. We played well and created the odd chance but more importantly we restricted Portugal and Ronaldo, managing to keep it to a 0-0 draw, this for Jamaica is a great result.

Up next we had the world number two team Brazil, they came into this games after an unexpected 0-0 draw with Nigeria, this was after winning 9 games in a row. We dominated the game, we had 17 shots to there 5 and we had 6 on target to there 2, but the extra quality in the South American's squad showed as Gabriel Barbosa hit a double and we went down 2-0. This left the group with Portugal/Brazil on 4 points, then Nigeria and us on 1 point.

So going in against Nigeria we needed to win to stand any chance to qualify, I altered the team instructions slightly so we'd play a bit higher up the pitch and it worked. Dwight Gayle and Jason Puncheon got the goals in the 2nd half and as we finished we eagerly checked the other result in the group and like in many world cups before the teams who knew they needed only a draw to qualify, played out a bore draw 0-0 and we went out in 3rd position. Brazil would go on to win the world cup and Portugal come 4th.

wc%202018_zpsrncg6naw.jpg

In other news I am now without a club after being sacked by Kitchee for getting 7 points in the first 4 games meaning I couldn't hit the 12 point target I'd been set.

2015/16 Season Update - Oxford United

Oxford%20Badge_zpsm90tx047.png

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 ]

Top Scorer: Callum O'Dowda (17)

Most Assists: Callum O'Dowda & Kemar Roofe (9)

Highest Rated: John Lundstram (7.17)

As a Reading fan, I never expected to play with Oxford on Football Manager, however I had to put my career ahead of my own personal preferences. The Us were sat in 20th place, however the league table was extremely close, and they weren't even out of the play-off race. Their squad is probably good enough to compete in the top half of the league, and despite their media prediction of 10th, I managed to haul them from 20th to 8th in just half a season. Pretty frustrating to miss out on the play-offs by just one point, especially as we had a run of 5 draws in 6 towards the end of the season.

My wage budget remains the same for next season, however I am optimistic that I can mount a decent promotion challenge. Will look to use the loan market early on. In terms of individuals, my two wingers Callum O'Dowda and Kemar Roofe are both star players, as well as centre-mid John Lundstram, all of whom are still pretty young too. Hoping to keep them around for my promotion push, but if a good bid comes in I may cash in and make improvements in other areas of the team. I moved Danny Hylton into a forward role after taking over, and he netted a few important goals, however I'll be looking for a prolific frontman for next season - already got some exciting loan targets in mind.

[b]Season        Club            League             Pos.   Info.[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  ENG  Oxford United   Sky Bet League 2    8th   

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 11

Season 2024/25

125px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png

Ajax - Eredivisie

League Table | Schedule 1 | Schedule 2 | Schedule 3 | Double | Manager Profile

Ajax had been Dutch champions five times in a row before I arrived. The squad was already really strong, I only had to bring in two wingers and a central midfielder. We lost the Super Cup final 0-2 to Vitesse, but started the league with a 8-1 home win against Heerenveen. We started well, but soon it became clear that we had a big problem in away games that actually got worse and worse as the season continued. Around mid season some teams like Feyenoord, Vitesse and Den Haag overtook us. At some point we dropped down as far as 7th. But the league was really close. We kept fighting and somehow made it back to the top.

In the last national team break of the season, we played two friendlies against small teams that we won 11-0 and 8-0. This started a winning streak that lasted until the end of the season, allowing us to win the league as well as the Dutch Cup. Maybe the deciding game of the season was against AZ Alkmaar, four games before the end of the season. We were down 0-2 after only five minutes but fought back to a 4-2 end result. In the next game we claimed back 1st place and didn't give it back anymore.

In the Champions League, we finsihed second in a group with PSG, Shaktar and København. In the first knockout round we met my former team Real Madrid who beat us 3-0 on aggregate.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19 World Ranking 29th
2020   Cameroon      
2021   Cameroon                    Won           Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned 10.7.22 World Ranking 4th
2023   France        SF                          Joined 17.7.22 World Ranking 7th
2024   France                      QF            Sacked 14.7.24 World Ranking 4th

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (China (Renhe), South Korea (Jeonbuk), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs), Germany (Dortmund), Spain (Real Madrid), Holland (Ajax))
5/10 domestic cups (China (Renhe), South Korea (Jeonbuk), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs), Spain (Real Madrid), Holland (Ajax))
2/5  club continental championships (Asia (Chunnam & Jeonbuk), Africa (Kaizer Chiefs))
0/1  club world championship

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Cameroon)
0/2  world tournaments

A very solid start, Offen!

Very rare is the person that gets promoted in the first season, but you were very close to the playoffs right off, that's a very promising sign!

I don't know if you're interested in any names of players, I know some people don't like it -- but if you'd like I'd be able to post a few guys that panned out for me in England.

EDIT: Also, congratulations to mayIhavecookie for his conquest of the Eredivisie and Dutch Cup! :)

Thanks guys. I have the biggest respect for the three of you who are really trying to build something big with mediocre teams (or even a team from a lower league jay). Once you get that title you were working for so hard it will really kickstart your career (jay) / bring it back on track for the last few steps of this challenge (vike) / be easy to get that CL as well and take your place in history (normandy).

I always took the easy route in this challenge. Since I had the chance to move from Chunnam to Jeonbuk I only managed teams that at least belonged to the top three of their league. But it's exactly this journey man feeling that I enjoy so much about this save. I've always tried to have total control of every aspect of my team in other saves, and now it feels great to just come for success and leave for the next challenge as soon as I've won the title and cup I needed. But this is what makes this challenge so great, everyone can play the way he likes.

Champman10 2018/19 International Update

Jamaica (Rank 43rd)

Schedule - Trophy

After the world cup with Jamaica, which I consider a successful campaign, came the Caribbean Championships.

We didn't enter until the 2nd round and was drawn in a group with Surinam, Dominican Republic and Antigua & Barbuda. We came through with 7 points after a surprisingly tough game against Surinam. So we was then drawn in the 3rd round in a group with Cuba, Barbados and defending champions Martinique, we once again come through with 7 points, this time being held by Martinique.

This meant we would face off in the final against Curacao who had won their group in the 3rd round, we dispatched of them 3-0 and I picked up my first piece of silverware. I know it doesn't count as a trophy towards this challenge, but it was still nice to win my first FM16 trophy.

Nigeria (Rank 32nd)

Info - Offer

After the Championships I applied for and got offered the Nigeria job, it was now December 2018 and the ACON started in January 2019 so I accepted. The hosts were Cameroon, who was in our group along with Morocco & Central African Republic.

We finished second in the group after drawing with the hosts and beating the others. We got drew against Ivory Coast in the QF and it was 0-0 after 90 minutes, we went to extra time and manage to bag 2 goals with a late reply meaning we won 2-1.

Tunisia was next up and we got an early goal to go 1 up but the struck back immediately, we then got a 2nd goal and kept the score at 2-1 to put us through to the final.

In the final we played Egypt, we was up against it after going 1-0 by halftime and I had to lay into the players hoping that we could pull it back, this is how it finished.

So I had my first trophy that counts, I'm now going to push on for a domestic managers job while sticking with Nigeria unless something else better comes along.

CLUB CAREER

Season     Club                           Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015      CHN Qingdao             7th   N/A    N/A    N/A     Took over with 2 games to go
2016      CHN Qingdao             4th   R2     N/A    N/A     
2017      CHN Qingdao             9th   N/A    N/A    N/A     Resigned after 10 games
2017/18   HKO Kitchee             3rd   RU     QF     N/A     
2018/19   HKO Kitchee             N/A   N/A    N/A    N/A     Sacked after 4 games

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation                     NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016   Argentina U23s          N/A   N/A    N/A     N/A     Olympic Group Stage
2018   Jamaica                 N/A   G/S    N/A     N/A     Carribean Championships Winner
2019   Nigeria                 N/A   N/A    WIN     N/A     ACON winners

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues
0/10 domestic cups 
0/5  club continental championships 

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Nigeria)
0/2  world tournaments

Other Trophies - Caribbean Championships (Jamaica 2018)

Congrats champfan ACON was my first trophy on this challenge when I played on FM15 also, so you should be in for a good run!!!

Here's hoping, I noticed offen struggled to get a club job and I'm in the same boat as it stands but if it means a few years in the international game only then so be it.

Hey everyone!

I'm on board this year with my first save fitting the criteria - apart from the fact that my manager started aged 22. :herman:

I began with the lowest possible rep and coaching badges loading the typical leagues associated with an unemployment challenge (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France.)

In late November I managed to grab a job at lowly Lowestoft Town in the Vanarama North. Sitting in a bleak 19th position, one spot above relegation. The team predicted to finish 8th in the league had had a dire start to the campaign:

Screen_Shot_2015_11_18_at_09_45_32.png

So my first job in management since FM13; a LOT new to get used to.

This meant that change wasn’t instantaneous - there was a massive period of transition, with no pre-season to get a feel for tactics or the team, I was very much in the deep end staring possible relegation in the face.

Screen_Shot_2015_11_18_at_09_46_01.png

Coming out on top in three 6-point games against fellow relegation strugglers and ending the season on a 7 match unbeaten run after a start of only 3 wins in 18 matches was an absolutely massive turnaround and ultimately saved us from relegation and me from the sack!

Screen_Shot_2015_11_18_at_09_58_16.png

We carried better form into the new season and have been lurking in a high mid-table position, wobbling between the play-offs to being in the second half of the table. But I made the choice to express my interest in another job. Alfreton Town's manager strangely left the Vanarama North with his team sitting atop the table for Hemel Hempstead; 17th in the Vanarama South?! But who I am to question another managers choices (or FM's logic) when made second favourite to take the vacant role.

As the news was out on my desire to leave, the drawn out transition process was awkward. I played 4 games, losing them all, with the squad distracted by the clubs finances and my impending departure, before finally being offered the Alfreton job. I left Lowestoft in 12th place to Alfreton in 3rd after 26 games of the season.

On to better things..

2016/17 Season Update

Oxford%20Badge_zpsm90tx047.png

I went into this season with a real feeling of optimism. The team was looking pretty good on paper, and I expected to mount a real play-off challenge. However, despite knocking Derby out of the cup, we got stuck in a woeful run of form which saw us slide to 20th in the league. Sure enough, I got the boot after a few months, and was sent hunting for a new job less than a year after taking up the Oxford post. I did manage to get myself back into the game fairly soon after, with...

Crawley%20Badge_zpsaoh41otp.png

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 ]

Top Scorer: Shamir Fenelon (22)

Most Assists: Chris Lester (8)

Highest Rated: Jimmy Smith (7.00)

I was off to West Sussex, an area I'm pretty familiar with in real life through family. In fact, I saw Crawley Town beat Accrington Stanley 2-0 back in 2005 at the Broadfield Stadium - I even dug out the match programme after getting this job!

All sentiment aside, the squad was not on the same level as Oxford's had been. The Us' team was littered with players capable of performing at a higher level, and with the potential to go even further in the game, however with the Red Devils I would routinely struggle to field a team without any non-league level players in. It was a really rather slow start as a result, including an 11 game winless run which almost saw me sacked for the second time in quick succession. However, results picked up towards the end of the season as I figured out how to set my team up to be harder to beat. Star man Shamir Fenelon often found himself isolated up top in a rather conservative 4-5-1, however he led the line very well and chipped in with plenty of important goals.

One positive at Crawley is that the finances are actually rather healthy, especially compared to Oxford. My wage budget for the coming season has seen an increase, and I've already began shifting on some deadwood and bringing in better quality players to help us hopefully climb the table next season. Here's hoping I don't suffer from "second season syndrome" again!

2016/17  ENG  Oxford United   Sky Bet League 2    n/a   Sacked
2016/17  ENG  Crawley Town    Sky Bet League 2   16th

Wow it's lively in here! Serious activity since my last update (and ahead of my next one, which is about to appear - are you excited yet?) Good luck to all the challengers: new, old, and vikeologist, who is in a category of his own. Can't wait to see the black and white ribbons on that Premier League trophy!

Season 2080/81 - Hamburg

NBK9v39.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

This was one of the most fun seasons I have managed. That it's not my last will tell you that it didn't quite live up to the potential, but we have a fantastic squad that played some scintillating football, and I am closer to glory than I have been with Hamburg thus far.

Another summer of astute transfer business done, we were this year without a shadow of a doubt the second-best team in Germany. The season when Dortmund won after I turned them down remains frustrating: that was a big opportunity for me not just because of Dortmund's success that year with a squad I could have led, but because FC Bayern was on a rare "down year": the sort of year we now eagerly await having clearly established ourselves as the best of the rest.

As it became increasingly clear that we wouldn't be able to outpace the imperious Bavarians, I shifted our focus to the Champions League (admittedly costing us a few more defeats, and making our second place a little less clear, but I'm certain the margins are small). A superb 3-0 upset of AC Milan on matchday six had seen us and Swansea as the unlikely survivors of our group, and with our first team stars now given a break ahead of the biggest European games, we brilliantly thrashed my former team AS Monaco in the round of 16 before dispatching reigning European champions Paris Saint-Germain in the Quarter Final. Chelsea finally ended our fairytale run: but had star striker Gino Herrmann not missed the second leg, I'm sure we'd have grabbed a second away goal to reach the Final of Europe's biggest competition.

We continue to strengthen: one of my squad players will retire and veteran winger Miljan Jeremic will move to Burnley on a free transfer, but we have replacements for both lined up already. There is interest in several of our players, but we've shown a great ability to replace them with better, not least at striker this year where Herrmann proved an incredible half-price replacement for Neil Lacey when the latter moved to Manchester United for a fee that will eventually reach £30m. Our UEFA coefficient should be much improved by the European run this year, and we hope for more luck in key moments in that competition and for a slight slump in Bayern's form which finally allow us to make the final step up domestically.

The only question is, with my manager due to turn eighty-eight next year, will I get this done before my 90th birthday?

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, POR, USA)

11/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX, POR)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL R2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
2071/72  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF
2072/73  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management
2073/74  ENG  Fulham         11th             R4                      Took over with 18 games remaining, in 17th
2074/75  DEU  Hamburg         8th             F
2075/76  DEU  Hamburg         6th             R3
2076/77  DEU  Hamburg         4th             R3        EL GS
2077/78  DEU  Hamburg         7th             R3        EL F
2078/79  DEU  Hamburg         3rd             won
2079/80  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             QF        EL QF
2080/81  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             R2        CL SF

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

Edited by NormandyWept

2017/18 Season Update

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 #3 ]

Top Scorer: Shamir Fenelon (25)

Most Assists: Piero Mingoia (11)

Highest Rated: Conor Henderson (7.29)

Only a slight improvement in terms of league position on the previous year, however the squad is getting stronger, the finances are getting better and my tactics are improving too it seems. Shamir Fenelon continues to score vital goals for the club, and the likes of Jimmy Smith and Conor Henderson are putting in quality performances in the middle of the park. Our goalkeeper Rob Lainton had a dodgy season, and was constantly being berated by the fans - he left at the end of the season on a free transfer. Many of the loanees have signed on permanent terms for next season, and I've got a feeling we will be in with a great shout of play-offs next season. Three years in and no real progress - surely something has to happen soon?!

2017/18  ENG  Crawley Town    Sky Bet League 2   11th

Champfan10 2019/20 Update

Melbourne City

I finally got a club job after what seemed like an age out of management, but in actual fact it was only 7 months.

My exploits with Nigeria definately helped me get this job at Melbourne City. It was off season when I took over in May 2019 and gave me plenty of time to prepare my team for the season ahead, so I bought in some signings the biggest being the marquee signing of Guiseppi Rossi, although he would only go onto play 1 game for the club before getting a 10 month cruciate injury and being released (due to the registration rule). In the previous season the team finished bottom of the leage but there's no relegation so this year we was aiming to uphold the clubs honour and the press didn't expect anything from us as we was predicted second bottom.

mel%20city%20pred_zpsrgetpiba.jpg

We started slowly, getting knocked out of the Cup in the first round and winning only 3 of the first 10 games in the league as it looked to be a long season. I resigned as Nigeria manager as I decided I needed to focus just on this job at the minute, I also rejected an approach from Jamaica who wanted me back. I fiddled with my tactic to try to get us playing on the front foot and came up with this:-

Untitled_zpswbkv6wef.jpg

This tactic would help us lose only 3 of the final 19 games as we pushed up the table to a point where we even dreamed of a title win.

melbourne%202020_zpsowtdf6xg.jpg

In the end we'd finish 3rd but qualify for the Finals series but unfortunately we was eliminated by Perth Glory (who would win the series), but 3rd is enough for us to qualify for the Asian Champions League, although we will have to go through a playoff to enter the group stages next season, below is the competition summary.

melbourne%202020%20comps_zpsdnvz2boy.jpg

CLUB CAREER

Season     Club                   Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements
2015      CHN Qingdao             7th   N/A    N/A    N/A     Took over with 2 games to go
2017      CHN Qingdao             9th   N/A    N/A    N/A     Resigned after 10 games
2018/19   HKO Kitchee             N/A   N/A    N/A    N/A     Sacked after 4 games
2019/20   Melbourne City          3rd   R1     N/A    N/A     Asian Champions League Qualification

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation                     NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements
2018   Jamaica                 N/A   G/S    N/A     N/A     Carribean Championships Winner

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2  world tournaments

Pug's Update Season 2015/16

gaLDQOI.png

First Season With Cambridge United Went Better Than I Could Have Hoped For. Finishing First When Mid Table Was Expected

xNtY4QS.png

Made It To The FA Cup Final. Were I Would Play Chelsea And Another Surprise.

qO8Piuu.png

Played Chelsea In Community Shield Which I Also Won

Stoke City Decided They Wanted A New Manager. Which Happen To Be Me. So Now I've Got A New Job.

LJkh5e2.png

CLUB CAREER

----------------

Season Club Leagues Cups Other & Notes

1st 2nd 1st 2nd Cont CWC ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16 Cambridge Utd Won Won League 2 Also A Surprise FA Cup

2016/17 Stoke City

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

----------------------------

Season Nation Cups Other & Notes

World Cup Confed Cup Euro's AFC ACON Gold Cup Copa America

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16 England U19 Runner's Up In U19 Euro's

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 Top Domestic Leagues

1/10 Domestic Cup (England)

0/5 Continentals Cups

0/1 Club World Cup

International

0/5 Continental Tournaments

0/2 World Tournaments

They Had 7 First Teamers Out

Amazing achievement still pug, when I did Bristol Rovers on FM15 I eached 3rd round of FA Cup as League Two side and was happy with that. I reached 6th round as Championship side, but I know my brother won as a Championship side, still winning as League Two side is amazing.

Do you have any hints or tips for a tactic choice as lower league teams on FM16?

Amazing achievement still pug, when I did Bristol Rovers on FM15 I eached 3rd round of FA Cup as League Two side and was happy with that. I reached 6th round as Championship side, but I know my brother won as a Championship side, still winning as League Two side is amazing.

Do you have any hints or tips for a tactic choice as lower league teams on FM16?

I'm Using FM16 Beta Goalazo 4-3-3.

Pug - Congratulations. Amazing achievement. So what division are Stoke in?

Champfan - good luck in Australia.

Offen - Tempted to try Pug's tactic?

NW - Hopefully it will just take you one more season. if you win just the German league, it will be an interesting decision whether to stay in Germany.

2018/19 Season Update

Top Scorer: Jay Simpson (23)

Most Assists: Piero Mingoia (12)

Highest Rated: Jimmy Smith (7.23)

I felt like promotion was just around the corner, and we sure made hard work of it at times. Three straight defeats towards the end of the season threatened our automatic promotion place, and a hard-fought victory in the last game of the season saw us leapfrog Tranmere on goal difference to clinch that crucial third placed spot. New signing Jay Simpson was superb up front or out wide, while fan favourite Shamir Fenelon was used largely as an impact sub, impressively still managing a goal every 110 minutes. The squad will need some work to compete at the higher level, but there are some players with whom I will be keeping faith.

Will see how my tactics fare next season, but I may call upon that Goalazo tactic to get me out of trouble if needed!

2017/18  ENG  Crawley Town    Sky Bet League 2   11th
2018/19  ENG  Crawley Town    Sky Bet League 2    3rd   Promoted

Thanks for the link, found it myself first before I read this. Really liked the idea of the tactic, but it didnt work for me (lost my first 4 games), but I then tweaked i quite a bit to suit my team and my style. It turned out pretty good I think.

Expect a first FM16 update from me in a couple of days, not playing as fast as before but I am finally into FM16. Can reveal there is no start in England this time, as I didnt choose the English league as one of the leagues I loaded.

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 11.5

Season 2025

130px-Boca_Juniors_2012.svg.png

Boca Juniors - Primera División

League Table | Schedule 1 | Schedule 2 | Manager Profile

There have been a lot of jobs opening up this summer and after I resigned from Ajax I was offered the manager job at around 7 or 8 eight clubs. But except for Bayern and Barca (I've already finished Germany and Spain) the only job that made me think twice was Liverpool. They have been struggling a lot though in the last few years, and I decided to wait for something better.

But finally something happened I've been waiting for since I started this save: Rodolfo Arruabarrena left Boca Juniors after 12 very successful years to join Napoli, and I applied the same day and actually got the job. Could it be that I'm actually the first one to manage Boca in this challenge? I don't remember seeing anyone else managing them.

Of course, as soon as I signed my contract the River job got open as well (also for the first time in my save), but it's OK, Boca would have been my first choice anyway.

I took over one week before the semi final of the Copa Libertadores against Flamengo and I only had one friendly to prepare for it. But we played very well and beat them 2-1 away and then at home as well. Next was already the final and we met Atlético Mineiro. We beat them 5-0 at home and went into the away game with a lot of confidence, were we beat them 7-4 in a crazy game. So with only four competitive games played at Boca, I had already won the Copa Libertadores (though I can't take much of the credit for this :)).

We were placed second in the league when I took over, 7 points behind Belgrano with 14 games to go. We won all of them except for one draw away to Independiente Rivadavia and easily finished the season on the 1st place of the Primera Division with 9 points more than Newell's on 2nd.

I only suffered two defeats this season. The first one was a 0-1 away defeat in the 2nd Round of the Copa Sudamericana (the second international tournament in South America that doesn't count towards this challenge) against our rivals River which made us drop out of the tournament (we beat the 2-1 at home but were out on away goals).

The second one was a 1-3 against my former team Real Madrid in the final of the Club World Championship. This means I failed in that tournament for the fourth time now.

Sadly we were already out of the Copa Argentina when I took over, so I will have to stay for at least another year to chase this title (really makes me wish we would have won that stupid DFB Pokal back at Dortmund). It's going to be a lot of fun though.

With that Copa Libertadore and league title I'm now slowly getting closer to finishing the club part of the challenge. I'm still without a national team job though after my failure with France at the EURO and I really need to start making some progress in the international part.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
2014   -
2015   -
2016   -
2017   - 
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19 World Ranking 29th
2020   Cameroon      
2021   Cameroon                    Won           Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned 10.7.22 World Ranking 4th
2023   France        SF                          Joined 17.7.22 World Ranking 7th
2024   France                      QF            Sacked 14.7.24 World Ranking 4th
2025   -

Challenge Progress

Club
7/10 top domestic leagues (China, South Korea, South Africa, Germany, Spain, Holland, Argentina)
5/10 domestic cups (China, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Holland)
3/5  club continental championships (Asia, Africa, South America)

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Cameroon)
0/2  world tournaments

Thanks for the link, found it myself first before I read this. Really liked the idea of the tactic, but it didnt work for me (lost my first 4 games), but I then tweaked i quite a bit to suit my team and my style. It turned out pretty good I think.

I tweaked Mine A Bit To Suit The Player's

2019/20 Season Update

Top Scorer: Jay Simpson (21)

Most Assists: Jay Simpson (16)

Highest Rated: Mario Ortiz (7.25)

Didn't expect this season to pan out quite the way it did. I was hoping to finish in the middle third of the table, no lower than 16th, but we managed to get ourselves into the play-off places. Taking inspiration from the success of the Goalazo tactic that others have done well with, I moved my CDM up to CM and set him as a DLP (D), as well as changing my striker into a false nine and my wingers into inside forwards - I don't feel that I have players who can play the raumdeuter and roaming playmaker roles well enough, and my assistant seems to agree with me. There seemed to be very little luck involved in our results, as we actually dominated most games despite having one of the league's weaker squads. Thankfully key players like Simpson, Fenelon and Mingoia maintained their superb form.

We were actually looking good for second place for a little while, however as we do so often, we tailed off at the end of the season and slipped to fourth place. Fleetwood were our play-off opponents, and the difference was a terrible Bobby Olejnik mistake - every keeper I sign has been unreliable so far in this save, I'm hoping to improve on him in the close season. I didn't expect things to progress this quickly, but the aim for next season has to be another shot at the play-offs at least, even if my board only want me to keep the team up.

[table=width: 700, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Season[/td]

[td]Nation[/td]

[td]Club[/td]

[td]League[/td]

[td]Pos.[/td]

[td]Info.[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2015/16[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]Sky Bet League 2[/td]

[td]8th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]Sky Bet League [/td]

[td]n/a[/td]

[td]Sacked[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]16th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2017/18[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]11th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2018/19[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]3rd[/td]

[td]Promoted[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2019/20[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]Sky Bet League 1[/td]

[td]4th[/td]

[td]Lost in play-off semi[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

2016/17 Season Review

LUTON TOWN

luton-town-header175-9870.png

Leagues running: England (4 Tiers), France (3 Tiers), Greece (2 Tiers), South Korea (2 Tiers), China (1 Tier), South Africa (2 Tiers)

We continued where we left off. We led the table almost start to finish with almost the same roster as a year previous. Signed a new right midfielder, and kept two of my major loans (including my leading scorer from the year before).

Added some depth, a new goalkeeper and just kept winning. Mid-season, they approached me for an extension (mid-table finish was the initial goal) and changed the goal to the playoffs which gave me a boost in payroll space which I used to fill up some holes due to injuries. Injuries hit hard and I lost a comfortable lead and had to fight to win the league with two games left.

Going to championship, the board will be building a new stadium and expanded the scouting range to around the world with a nice boost to transfer and payroll space. They are also allowing me to have 23 coaches. This seems insane to me. Any thoughts on what I should do here?

The goal to open the year in Championship is to avoid relegation and while I feel my team is talented, there was a lot of turnover due to expiring contracts and, unbelievably, some key players who didn’t want to re-sign with me including one of my young stars.

I’m definitely not expecting to win my third league in a row but with my reputation now up to National, I can do well enough to help continue in the challenge or at least set up a positive base at the second tier.

I changed the leagues running to include all the Europe leagues required plus a couple of others to see if I can move to a top division but for now I’m focused on Luton.

Season   Team    League       Position  Notes and Achievements
2015/16  Luton   ENG League 2 1st       Took over 8th place on Dec 16/15
                                       Promoted to League One
2016/17  Luton   ENG League 1 1st       Promoted to Championship

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues ()
 0/10 domestic cups ()
 0/5 club continental championships ()
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments ()
 0/2 world tournaments ()

Champman10 2020/21 Update

Melbourne City

Got to be a quick update this, it wasn't the best season as we didn't take any further steps in the challenge but here's hoping for next season.

2021%20sched%202021_zpskjpbtldr.jpg

2021%20comps%202021_zpsuwvnfflg.jpg

CLUB CAREER

Season     Club                   Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements
2019/20   Melbourne City          3rd   R1     N/A    N/A     Asian Champions League Qualification
2020/21   Melbourne City          4th   QF     N/A    R2      Missed out on continental football

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
(Currently Unemployed)

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2  world tournaments

Gutted Saving My Game After Taking Over At Chelsea. It Froze Half Way Through Saving. So Got To Start Again.

I had a similar problem with mine, I was top with about 5 games to go and it crashed, I had set auto save to yearly as I was playing a national game on another save! Had to do the season again and it didn't pan out as well (see above)

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

So both to those who are new here on the challenge and those who have been here for a while The Manager is back. After a successful spell on FM15 that saw me complete the challenge as the first on this forum I was a bit unsure what to do next. I tried to start my own version on FM15 but was a bit too much looking forward to FM16, then I tried to launch my own points version challenge, but that never caught any serious interest. So now finally I am up and running on FM 16 this time.

I loaded a lot of leagues, but as I started in England last time in the lower leagues, I decided to do something different this time, and didn't even load in England for start.

These where the league that I decided to go for from the start: http://s18.postimg.org/w6odnhs1l/leagues_loaded.png

If and when I change the leagues loaded, I will post them in my seasonal update.

Since there was no English league loaded, I decided to make my manager French this time (only 1 nationality) and no additional languages spoken. (I am not yet comfortable on this challenge to choose my original nationalities/languages from the start.)

Here are some screenshot of my manager profile/style from the start:

http://s11.postimg.org/4h4ab6aoj/manager_profile.png

http://s2.postimg.org/9h1fsghex/manager_style.png

There has been a lot of discussion/hints as to whether you should go for the first job offer or not. I tried to negotiate a better wage budget with the first semi-professional French team that came along, but ended up not getting the job. Instead the game went on until late november before I was approached by Dutch Jupiler League (Tier 2) team Den Bosch. The team was rock bottom, with a wage budget of some 24.000 Euro per week. Not the best, but I was anxious to get under way.

http://s17.postimg.org/4n6s6h6fz/job_offer.png

http://s1.postimg.org/da3ykc29r/league_table_before.png

As you can see from the league table they had been really poor, with no wins with their former manager. The team was already knocked out of the Dutch Cup, so all we had to concentrate on was the league. A lot of games to play, but no possibility for transfer until January and the budget was already blown. On the bright side though, we earned money month by month so if I could show some patience we would gradually get stronger financially.

The Jupiler League has a rather strange format. First it consists of 19 teams, no one gets relegated. 19 teams means uneven number of matches every round and a "messy" league table with lots of teams having games in hand. The league is also split into 4 periods, with the winner of each period guaranteed a place in the play-offs for promotion. The winner of the league gets automatically promoted, then 8 teams are entered into play-offs for another spot to the Eresdivisie. If you do not win any of the 4 periods, you need to finish as high up on the league table as possible, at least 9th position to grab a play-off spot.

We ended on 11th after a good run in the end, but it took some time to build the squad into a winning side. It was a bit frustrating though as a few slip ups near the end cost us a place in the play-offs.

http://s2.postimg.org/mz3qr046h/league_table_after.png

http://s9.postimg.org/60ekfr3zz/best_eleven.png

A few loanees where brought in after new year, and especially Kaylen Hinds from Arsenal proved to be a successful player. (Another good thing about the club is that you have scouting possibilities in all of Europe right from the start.)

We didn't get into playoffs as we "only" finished 3rd in the last period and as you can see 3 points behind Sparta in 9th place that got the last play-off spot. But financially we did well, and it might be a good thing for the club to spend another year in Jupiler League to build up some financial muscles before we hopefully can get promoted to Eresdivisie next season.

Top goalscorer was Joel Donald (on loan) with just 8 goals.

Top performer was Daan Disveld with 7,29 Av.rat.

Next season we will be aiming for a promotion, and I will hopefully get my first Training Course (National C Level)

[b]Season        Club            League             Pos.   Cup               Info.[/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League       11th   2nd round     Joined 19th, already out of Cup

Season 2081/82 - Hamburg

NBK9v39.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

Analysts had us pegged as the highest spenders going into the 81/82 season, and although we did splash a ludicrous £40m on a new young German winger, we only had a net spend of £21m and that was reduced to £6m when we picked up a mid-season payment from Manchester United for the striker they bought from us a few years back making his 50th outing, so really this campaign was built the way I'd done the last few: selling players for a good fees and replacing them with younger players, ideally homegrown. New backup striker Ugur Gurbuz was particularly key, as Herrmann was again injured, this time on international duty, and this time we had some explosive firepower in reserve.

And boy what a campaign it was: a superb run to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League was finally halted by Manchester United (although we did overcome our "English curse" somewhat by superbly getting revenge over Chelsea in the Group Stage, winning 6-1 in one of the games and knocking them into the Europa League by finishing above them) to ensure the challenge is not yet finished, but things went rather better on the domestic front.

I'd been scared that we may wait years for Bayern to have a "down" season, but it came much quicker than expected. They drew the opening game, and we raced out of the traps with a big run of consecutive wins. We slowed slightly, and by the Christmas break were only just clear of Bayern and other challenger Dortmund despite losing just one game, but in the second half of the campaign our consistency and Bayern's fixture congestion (I suspect brought on by the World Club Championship?) were sufficient to see us gradually outpace them. In the end, we won the league anti-climatically, stunned 6-3 away to a strong Schalke side in the penultimate game but crowned Bundesliga winners by results elsewhere. At least there was one game left to celebrate with our fans, and we duly beat Koln to do just that.

The tenth and final league title I've worked so hard for years (only in-game, although it does feel it's taken a while) to get is finally mine. Now we just need to win Europe's biggest prize. My first instinct is to do this with Hamburg: I've a great team and I'm sure I'll be allowed a good wedge of the £96m bank balance to further strengthen, but as vikeologist somewhat forecast in his latest comment on my progress, it'll be interesting to see if there is an opportunity to jump straight into a Paris Saint-Germain or a Bayern who may be more qualified to win it right away.

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, POR, USA)

11/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX, POR)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL R2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
2071/72  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF
2072/73  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management
2073/74  ENG  Fulham         11th             R4                      Took over with 18 games remaining, in 17th
2074/75  DEU  Hamburg         8th             F
2075/76  DEU  Hamburg         6th             R3
2076/77  DEU  Hamburg         4th             R3        EL GS
2077/78  DEU  Hamburg         7th             R3        EL F
2078/79  DEU  Hamburg         3rd             won
2079/80  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             QF        EL QF
2080/81  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             R2        CL SF
2081/82  DEU  Hamburg         1st             R2        CL QF

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

Edited by NormandyWept

Congratulations Normandy what an achievement! You'll get that Champions League next season!

Thanks buddy! :)

I am optimistic that we can have a very good crack at the CL next season. I am willing to finish 2nd or 3rd in the Bundesliga to achieve it, so not having split priorities will surely help. Then we just need the bit of luck you need in knockout competitions from time to time.

NW - I'm quite jealous that you're so near to completing. People say good things about FM16, but I think if I played it extensively I wouldn't be able to go back to 15. I still have quite a long way to go, but things could speed up considerably once I conquer England. The other danger to my finishing what I've started with Newcastle would be when the PSG job becomes available. If Mexico don't win the Gold Cup then the odds of a rage quit become astronomically higher. No other nation should be able to even make a match of it at the moment. Hopefully just one more season for you.

Earl -Be interesting to see how you get on second (or actually third - Carmarthen never forgets) around.

Champfan - Hope next season is the breakthrough one.

boojar - Congrats. I think you can safely jettison some of those lower tiers now.

Offen- Hard luck in the playoff lottery.