[FM16] I can't think of any decent title - A Journeyman Save

DavidBeckham

Dear all,

I am back with another Journeyman save for this version of Football Manager! I will be starting as Fankaty Howell, the World Cup winning top scorer on my FM15 save. (read here!) Like my previous Journeyman saves on the past two versions, I will be starting unemployed and manage wherever the game takes me. I am sure I will have loads of fun and hopefully, you will enjoy reading this too. :)

Game Status

Current Version: 16.0.1b729586 (m.e v1611)

Database Size: Large

Selected Nations (Leagues)

Denmark (Superliga Only)

England (Sky Bet Championship And Above)

Germany (First Division Only)

Italy (Serie A Only)

Norway (Premier Division Only)

Spain (LIGA BBVA Only)

Sweden (Premier Division Only)

Advanced Options

Do not Add Key Staff

Disable First Window Transfer Budgets

Prevent use of the In-Game Editor

These options were checked to add more realism to the save. ;)

Manager's Profile

vykrbRR.jpg

And with that, we are all set and ready to go!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck mate, I'll certainly be following. :thup:
Best of luck DB, always enjoy following your threads.

Cheer as usual lads, great to have you guys following :)

And the 2016 Award for Best Thread Name goes to...

Help me think of a title!

I tried to design his face as close as I could to his regen face in FM15. It's clear that he slimmed down a bit & lost some hair.

;)

I pity the fool who don't like that haircut!

I think he looks great - a bit like Ian Wright, perhaps? :D

Spot on mate!

Good luck :). I've bought FM16 but no beta access, so will get my thread up and running in November sometime. I'll definitely be following yours though :)

Cheers mate! Great to have you following and I'm certainly looking forward to your thread too :)

I pity the fool who don't like that haircut!

I couldn't find the hairstyle like FM15's so I decided to make him bald :lol:

How does "Do not Add Key Staff" make the game more realistic? I'm not overly sure how the feature works?

I guess this stops the game from adding staff to clubs which are short of them?

I can't think of any decent comment.

You cheeky legend!

I definitely approve of this thread if you get the Forest job :D. I'm sure Raware will as well. Unfortunately life is tough being a Forest fan at the moment. Hopefully you can save us from the drop if you get the job.

Good luck either way.

Thanks for your kind words mate! Fankaty will certainly try his best to restore Forest to its glory days, if given the job ;)

hahah forest

Well that was the first job which came up and they have terrific history!

Not seen an anniversary message in years, almost didn't realize they were still around.

Was surprised when it came up in my news feed too!

It's grim DB, don't say I haven't warned you :D.

WD6lE6W.jpg

As if things aren't bad enough :(

Yeah Britt is out for the whole season. In real life I think he's back towards the end of the season. There's also a slight bug if you didn't already know.

Thankfully we have a few useful strikers at the club. We have no balance in the midfield though, all forward thinking!

the Becks is Back \o/

Cheers buddy! I'm very happy to be back!

Forest has always been a club I've wanted to manage at some stage but it just never worked out... will be following this. Hopefully Fankaty's managerial career will go as well as his time as a player. :thup:

Cheers mate! It's certainly going to be a huge challenge with the transfer embargo and stuff, but I will do my best!

Nottingham-Forest-icon.png

October & November 2015/2016 - Nottingham Forest F.C.

Club Background

0ypdCpd.jpg

Having gone through such a long barren run since the Brian Clough days, I would love to restore the club to its glory days before moving on to another project.

Board Expectations

Sky Bet Championship: Finish in the top half

Capital One Cup: Eliminated

FA Cup: Reach Fourth Round

Fankaty faces a tall task attempting to meet the board's expectations as he took over with Forest second bottom after ten games. In addition, the details of the transfer embargo are still unclear on the game (there may be a bug) and he may not be able to strengthen the squad in January. Let's hope that he can avoid the sack in his first job!

League

8iYMyDh.jpg

I made shoring up our defense the priority as we attempted to make the climb up the table. Fankaty was pleased to see the team starting to defend as a unit and we managed 6 clean sheets, bagging 15 points out of a possible 24.

MV3wMEf.jpg

We moved up to 14th place and despite a solid start, there's more work to be done if we want to meet the board's expectations of a top half finish. A tough December awaits as we face six tough fixtures against Fulham, Wolves, Blackburn, MK Dons, Leeds & Cardiff.

Very promising start with only two conceded goals! Great job!

Thanks mate! Despite no balance in midfield, Forest has some decent defenders for Fankaty to work with :)

Very good start. It won't be long until we get to the play-offs :D.

Cheers mate! But I highly doubt we can reach the play-offs with Andy Reid playing as our ball-winner :(

January Transfers 2015/2016

q90VAnw.jpg

Key Signings

Andreas Pereira

With excellent technique and wonderful set-piece delivery, Andreas is a terrific loan signing from Manchester United. He will go straight into our starting 11 to play in that Frank Lampard CM-A role.

Linus Wahlqvist

I have enough full-backs in the squad but with cash left on deadline day, I couldn't resist signing this promising Swedish defender. Wahlqvist is already a decent full-back at this level and with hard work, he can grow to be a proper Premier League player by the time we achieve promotion. (hopefully)

Gary Mackay-Steven

We needed more pace and thrust down our left flank and Gary certainly offers that in abundance. Unfortunately, the technician broke down in training shortly after joining and he will be unavailable for the next two months or so :(

You sold Oliver Burke :( and Tyler Walker :(. Double :(

I haven't watched them in real life so I don't know how good they are :( And I didn't think they would grow into Premier League players on the game so I took the cash. Sorry about that mate :(

They've been in League One before.

They have won the Champions League before too ;)

I haven't watched them in real life so I don't know how good they are :( And I didn't think they would grow into Premier League players on the game so I took the cash. Sorry about that mate :(

I think Burke and Walker can both become decent ish Premier League players in the future. Either way it's your save so it's interesting to see someone sell them :D.

They have won the Champions League before too ;)

European Cup :D.

I think Burke and Walker can both become decent ish Premier League players in the future. Either way it's your save so it's interesting to see someone sell them :D.

I really needed the cash short term to strengthen the squad too. Let's hope these decisions will be fully vindicated! :D

Nottingham-Forest-icon.png

December to March 2015/2016 - Nottingham Forest F.C.

League

6McKFyE.jpg

WFcmbsY.jpg

Apart from a dip in January, I was generally pleased with the four months' work. The lads bagged 39 points out of a possible 60, making the climb into 5th place. If we can avoid injuries to our key players (Lansbury, Hobbs & Assombalonga), a place in the play-offs aren't too far away.

FA Cup

75Retbq.jpg

We did well to knock out Bolton in the third round before needing a cup replay to eliminate Brighton at the next hurdle. A top side in Arsenal were our opponents next and the lads fought all the way till the end but fell to a Gonzalo Higuain winner. I couldn't complain about the boys' efforts throughout our cup run.

Archived