How to deal and cope with frustrated players ?

Uri

Does low determined players whould get frustrated more easily ?

Who is the player with the personality that should be avoided since he would be inclined to get frustrated ?

Does encouragement is the antidote to cure them?

Is it hopeless and just subtitute them?

Any tips from experience would be greatly appreciated...

If you watch closely, in FM 2014, players get frustrated if a referee decision goes against them that they feel is unfair, or if the game is not going according to plan.

These happen irrespective of the players personality, but I've noticed players with high aggressive attribute are usually the ones most affected. It shows they want something but are not getting it. That can be a good thing, as it shows he wants to get involved and is trying to change the game. It can be a bad thing if he lets the frustration get to him (poor hidden pressure & professionalism). The determination attribute could also be a factor.

There's no cure, though using team talks to calm them could help. Unless you sub the player or buy non-aggressive players

you could try a 'no pressure' or 'calm down' shout, in order to calm him down (or make him realise that there's no point to the game)

although it does pass - a LOT of players can get frustrated by conceding a silly goal, or conceding a FK in a dangerous area

you need to monitor and make a judgement (if frustrated and on a yellow, by some dodgy referee call - then you may want to take him off, or try something to appease him)

you could try a 'no pressure' or 'calm down' shout, in order to calm him down (or make him realise that there's no point to the game)

although it does pass - a LOT of players can get frustrated by conceding a silly goal, or conceding a FK in a dangerous area

you need to monitor and make a judgement (if frustrated and on a yellow, by some dodgy referee call - then you may want to take him off, or try something to appease him)

Thank you for clearing that out...Do all players susceptible equally to frustration or are there ones who are more inclinded to get frustrated by the characteristics of their personality? I'm trying to attach any manifestation of body anguage in match to any external symptoms shown by their personality or by their attributes...

For example if I see a player who "look composed ",could I gather that he has fairly high composure ?

While we are at it...What are the circumstances of using the "Reluctant" option in Pep Talks during pre match/half time/full time? Has anyone used that option successfully ? What were the circumstances that made you use it ?

I tend to see that some players get more frustrated than others

Like real life, I think it depends on the player - obviously an aggressive player is more likely to get frustrated (bad decision, whatever) than someone with low aggression

and the body language really depends on the performance, as well as some real life personality traits

looking composed - deals with pressure well (handy in those cup finals), maybe a relaxed individual

looking frustrated - possibly aggressive? maybe gets wound up easily (low professionalism), could be very driven (frustrated at having made the mistake that they scored from, and could be keen to avenge)

looking nervous - possibly prone to a mistake under pressure, maybe just making his debut, might try too much to impress (keep a simple role with simple instructions), might go missing in cup finals

as for a reluctant team talk - I don't think I've ever used it

but I guess you could use it for a HT lead that's against the run of play - or losing because of a long range fluky goal

Basically happy with the performance (being the better side) but they've let the concentration down to concede a longranger and let them back into it

Archived