Reduce player complaints in fm16 Y/N Poll

Remove player complaints not getting a chance to play in first team for fm16  

560 members have voted

1. 1. Remove player complaints not getting a chance to play in first team for fm16

• Reduce the amount of complaints from players not playing.
    • Keep the same amount of complaints in fm15 for fm16
    • Totally remove player complaints and keep them in player profile instead of inbox
    • Have them permanently removed from game to reduce admin tasks.
    • Have the players complain more so to be more realistic

I"m really fed up with player complaints not getting a chance to play in this game. I'm spending more time on filtering cry babies in my inbox than anything else. Do you want to see a reduced amount of mails from players or increased or leave as is. Here is the poll.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presumably so he doesn't have to deal with it.

Players moaning about lack of 1st team football isn't perfect, in that there's the odd bug that creeps in, but by and large it works well IMO. Considering it must be a bit of a nightmare to code, they've done a decent job of it. The people who moan the loudest about it are those who are generally poor at squad management.

Hopefully, it's tightened up a bit in the new version, as it's a good feature.

What would be the point of that?

What i am saying about that option is that it will reduce the messages flooding your inbox. If a player is pissed off about not having a shot in the first team either the message could get dealt with in the Backroom section of the game or either update his profile indicating his lack of first team involvement instead of many players bitching about first team chances and flooding your inbox.

I'm sure they can do a better job of it, last thing i want to do is read 10 emails for each player crying about his chances and then you (most importantly) needing to talk to each one of them and choosing which chat option will fit best for him. I understand that we must look after the players in some way but flooding the inbox is just a massive time chewer pushing you away from the fun of the game.

They could have used flags in this game. Ok let's say the player isn't happy about his first team chances then why not have a flag pop up next to the players head in the squad section of it showing you clearly "ok we have a player who is crying about first team runs". Specific pop flags for players would have been a nicer feature in my view that is. They could also minimize the huge chat session options during the discussions. You have so many response chat options it's way beyond a joke, and having to do that for a lot of players isn't fun for a lot of us.

I'm sure they can do a better job of it, last thing i want to do is read 10 emails for each player crying about his chances and then you (most importantly) needing to talk to each one of them and choosing which chat option will fit best for him. I understand that we must look after the players in some way but flooding the inbox is just a massive time chewer pushing you away from the fun of the game.

If you are getting that many complaints then you seriously mismanaging your team.

You need to treat the cause and look at why the players are complaining in the first place and how your choices are leading them to complain.

I want them increased, I don't think there's enough

I haven't had an issue with my squad EVER on FM15 (ran 4 seasons)

the only complaint coming after I sold 2 first teamers in quick succession (and quickly replaced them, appeasing the problem child)

as #9 says, all this version has proven is that some people can't manage a squad correctly (and it's painfully obvious that they can't)

I also like the fact that the same people that complain about this also complain about a 'lack of realism' within the game

How do you tell someone he can't manage his team when his won 4 championships in a row, 2 doubles and 1 treble in the space of 5 seasons. seriously.

Why do you think winning trophies has anything to do with managing your squad?

The bottom line is you complain frequently about various areas of the game ctfm and each time its because the game doesn't work the way you want it to. You are then reluctant to review & change your approach to the game which leads to frustration for everyone and these type of threads.

For me, it seems like most people seem to complain that their players are too demanding because they want more playing time

This essentially in my experience is a result of squads being too big, and too many players being offered important roles.

Keep your squad to what you need and the problems go

This almost always comes down to the same thing, players being bought for back-up/rotation roles that are too good for that role. Sign appropriate players, tell them they will be a back-up (HINT: If they won't accept a back-up contract, that is a big clue they won't be happy used as such) and the complaints will be vastly reduced.

Even if you don't do this and get complaints, it is so easy to keep them happy, it's as good as a cheat. Just say you will sell them, offer them out for any amount (inflated if you want), they will consider this to be promised kept and will be happier than before they complained. Just offer them out on the last day of the transfer window and it will be considered to be promise kept whether or not you keep them.

This almost always comes down to the same thing, players being bought for back-up/rotation roles that are too good for that role. Sign appropriate players, tell them they will be a back-up (HINT: If they won't accept a back-up contract, that is a big clue they won't be happy used as such) and the complaints will be vastly reduced.

Even if you don't do this and get complaints, it is so easy to keep them happy, it's as good as a cheat. Just say you will sell them, offer them out for any amount (inflated if you want), they will consider this to be promised kept and will be happier than before they complained. Just offer them out on the last day of the transfer window and it will be considered to be promise kept whether or not you keep them.

This is a good point too, you don't need a 25 man squad of world class players.

Why do you think winning trophies has anything to do with managing your squad?

The bottom line is you complain frequently about various areas of the game ctfm and each time its because the game doesn't work the way you want it to. You are then reluctant to review & change your approach to the game which leads to frustration for everyone and these type of threads.

No the bottom line is i hate seeing 100 messages in my inbox and having to go through each one of them and look at 100 chat options for each one of them. i hope you get my point. It would have been nicer if they shifted these so called admin tasks to flags. If player gets cheesed off a pop up flag or a flag appears above his name in the squad section. Thats just an idea and not a total removal. By looking at the stats of the poll currently it looks like half the people want them and other other half don't. As you can see clearly I am not causing problems to the community am I ?

No the bottom line is i hate seeing 100 messages in my inbox and having to go through each one of them and look at 100 chat options for each one of them. i hope you get my point. It would have been nicer if they shifted these so called admin tasks to flags. If player gets cheesed off a pop up flag or a flag appears above his name in the squad section. Thats just an idea and not a total removal. By looking at the stats of the poll currently it looks like half the people want them and other other half don't. As you can see clearly I am not causing problems to the community am I ?

That's completely made up. You'll get one or two a week at most and even that is extreme.

Ignoring the quantity, frequency and why you get the messages the idea is basically to move the concerns from an active engagement when you need to respond to the player face to face to moving it into their profile.

It just seems like you want to sweep the issue under the carpet and not deal with it tbh. I don't know what you do IRL but managers in any industry have to deal with staff issues, its part & parcel of the job and football is no different. You might not like that area of the game but its part of what gives FM the depth it has, a player is not just about their skill on the field but their mental state as well.

As has been discussed in this thread the answer isn't to stick a plaster over it and hope it fixes itself, the answer is to look at how you manage your squad. Improve in this area and all those 100s of messages you currently receive won't happen.

I don't mind player complaints myself they add to the realism of the game, but I will be honest I think it's quite broken at the moment. However when I get third choice goalkeepers who are clearly not good enough to even be second choice and have accepted a backup role asking for more games it gets very irritating quickly, especially when they ask the same thing a few months later, in real life third choice keepers don't really get any games unless there is an injury crisis (cup games usually go to the second choice). There also times (and this happens a fair bit I noticed) when I give a player a game and literally right after the game he's just played asks for more first team football even though he just played a match, I can understand if he isn't playing but really after he just played a game! these are not major issues and the complaints are not too bad, just need some fine tuning really.

I don't mind player complaints myself they add to the realism of the game, but I will be honest I think it's quite broken at the moment. However when I get third choice goalkeepers who are clearly not good enough to even be second choice and have accepted a backup role asking for more games it gets very irritating quickly, especially when they ask the same thing a few months later, in real life third choice keepers don't really get any games unless there is an injury crisis (cup games usually go to the second choice).

Those keepers will admit that 'they may not be of a high enough standard' to get first team football at your club.

Then again, my backup keeper doesn't even complain, nevermind the 3rd choice.

Those keepers will admit that 'they may not be of a high enough standard' to get first team football at your club.

Its usually a youngster that's my third choice (for example someone I'm developing) they will sometimes say along the lines of "I feel I deserve to be playing more football than your currently giving me. I should be part of a rotation system" even though their squad status will be backup. With number two keepers they also ask for more game time, but that's fair enough and I usually give them cup games.

I try to have a #2 keeper as the young prospect who gets low risk league & cup games to aid his development while #3 is the ageing veteran who is happy to pick up his pay while being good enough to do a job in a crisis.

I think at this point my only complaint about player complaints - ha - is that playing time issues don't seem to take into account games in cups, including the UEFA/European Cups. While I understand that a player who expects to be part of the first team might be unhappy only playing in the Copa del Rey, that ought to help satisfy someone who expects to play on a rotational basis. As a followup, it might improve performance from some of the various interaction options we have, specifically "I'll give you a chance in the cups" which has never once worked for me (in fact, really only "x is in the form of his life" has ever done much).

One other area i'm not happy about is player development at the age of 19 and 20. Even those players are complaining asking for more playing time in the senior team. I bought several young players to develop them in the youth which i did. Their performance rised and as the performance stat numbers rose so did the "what about me" factor playing time and let alone them asking for improved contracts when they haven't served more than 3 seasons in my team (more inbox issues). Wait on a sec, they are youth players wanting to budge into the team and they are already taking control and if you don't feed them first team football they get cranky and you loose them because obviously they are not good enough to replace your starters.

Ask Jose Moruniho how does he happen to manage a 25 man band properly, or let's say Man City. They basically have 2 teams to choose from, do you hear anyone complaining in their camps since their getting paid over 200k pound a week. Hey maybe it should be an option in the contracts to say to the player, I will pay you this amount but i want you to keep quiet and shut up during your contract period wow.

Did someone say improved contracts. oh boy thats another admin task to deal with which i wont raise here.

Why do you think managers don't deal with these sort of staff issues IRL?

Every message you've commented on in this thread are internal messages where the player or agent has approached you as the manager. IRL you have zero clue how often this happens as its not public knowledge. It basically represents everything from the player having a quiet word during training to knocking on the door of your office and having a discussion.

If you think it doesn't happen IRL then it just shows you have a lot to learn.

Ask Jose Moruniho how does he happen to manage a 25 man band properly, or let's say Man City. They basically have 2 teams to choose from, do you hear anyone complaining in their camps since their getting paid over 200k pound a week. Hey maybe it should be an option in the contracts to say to the player, I will pay you this amount but i want you to keep quiet and shut up during your contract period wow.
Intesting choice of manager, Mourinho is known for only using an 18/19 squad & for no being all that understanding of the players outside that group.

How many players do Chelsea have out on loan because they cannot break into the senior matchday squad?

I voted for remain the same, but actually think they should be increased - and most importantly players should be far more demanding when it comes to transfers. It's still way too easy to take clubs that are a tier off top-level like Liverpool and Spurs and assemble a squad of world-beaters very quickly without star players demanding moves for money, Champions League football, or the chance to win trophies, refusing to back down and creating all sorts of trouble as we consistently see in real life - along with boards being too willing to let you reject massive offers, dismiss enquirers out-of-hand, or massively break the wage structure on a couple of players so long as you're within the overall budget.

if anything player complaints don't happen often enough and, at least, you don't get complanits from players who do play. last match a player who started the game and scored was substituted to give time to others and he complained immediately he was playing well and why was it him to be substituted. another one (who started first 3 games of championship) complained that he is sitting on the bench now. another one from the bench complained he was playing last two games only because our LW was injured and, to make it worse, he complained even more when he went into the game 25 minutes before the end because the result was already decided (4-2). Fourth player complained for coming on only 15 minutes before the end.

now, this was all in one game of football. needless to say i prefere fm players to real ones. if anything needs to be changed, it is the reasons of complaints. those already in game are very one dimensional :D

I voted for remain the same, but actually think they should be increased - and most importantly players should be far more demanding when it comes to transfers. It's still way too easy to take clubs that are a tier off top-level like Liverpool and Spurs and assemble a squad of world-beaters very quickly without star players demanding moves for money, Champions League football, or the chance to win trophies, refusing to back down and creating all sorts of trouble as we consistently see in real life - along with boards being too willing to let you reject massive offers, dismiss enquirers out-of-hand, or massively break the wage structure on a couple of players so long as you're within the overall budget.

I doubt there was a single FM'er in charge of Liverpool who had to sell Sterling or a Man Utd manager who could only get De Gea to sign a dew deal if there was a release clause that was low enough for a club like Real Madrid to trigger.

It is simple, do not have players in your team who you are not going to play regularly, and this will not happen.

it won't you say ? :lol:

Just had a complain from Hector Herrera asking for more minutes after a Cup match against a lower league team. I left him out of my choices because I needed him physicaly fit to the nex match for the Champions League. So, his complain comes in when my team has played 16 matches (league, cup and champions league), Herrera played 11 of those 16, it's about 68,75%, he was also injured 2 weeks.

Just had a complain from Hector Herrera asking for more minutes after a Cup match against a lower league team. I left him out of my choices because I needed him physicaly fit to the nex match for the Champions League. So, his complain comes in when my team has played 16 matches (league, cup and champions league), Herrera played 11 of those 16, it's about 68,75%, he was also injured 2 weeks.

FM just like real life football :lol:

I have made this offer to a number of people, so far none have taken it up.

Make your save available to download & I'm move than happy to spend some time looking at what you're doing to offer my advice on how you might be able to improve your squad management & as a consequence your enjoyment of the game, the last part does beg the question of why are you still playing FM15 almost a year after release if you find this aspect of the game so annoying?

I have made this offer to a number of people, so far none have taken it up.

Make your save available to download & I'm move than happy to spend some time looking at what you're doing to offer my advice on how you might be able to improve your squad management & as a consequence your enjoyment of the game, the last part does beg the question of why are you still playing FM15 almost a year after release if you find this aspect of the game so annoying?

As you might wonder, although there are every single year a few issues that are annoying people really enjoy the game because if people just sticked to the annoying issues I guess there won't be anyone left to play the game. It's also common sense.

How do you want my save delivered ?

No need to wait until tomorrow for the first observation, Herrera has played 6 out of 11 league games which is not even close enough for a first team player with no injury history, irl he played in 33 league games & made a total of 46 appearances in all competitions, at the rate you're going at he'll be lucky to get half that number of games.

He needs to be starting almost every game which given the lack of competition in Portugal shouldn't be difficult to do.

1. Your save shows no record of him being injured.

2. His squad status is first team and he's started only 11 games with 6 games as a sub out of a possible 18 games. So he's started just over half the games he could have - as a first team status player.

3. He complained on 25 Nov. He did play on the 23rd, but before that, he played in 2 out of 4, or 2 out of 5 if you include the cup.

No because he would expect to be treated as a first team player, it appears that you're needlessly resting players when you should be starting them & looking to use your subs in the final half hour once the game is won to rest important players.

The big thing though is that making stuff up about injuries is a very bad idea, how are SI to ever take comments in here seriously if it turns out people are spinning stories to suit their argument?

So, the player status within the team has influence and a lower status would decrease the complaints, would you say ?

Of course squad status has an influence. That's his status within the squad and gives him an indication of how many starts you're prepared to give him.

Lowering his squad status might not help if the player feels he deserves to be more than the status you've given him. Looking at the squad many of them are around the same ability, so you will need to very carefully balance it all.

Archived