Do you often ignore your scouts?

Goosewinkle

I'm in the Vanarama South, and a lot of times I'll check out my opposition, and some player on a will have 12 goals and 5 assists in 20 appearances, or whatever. Maybe 9-14 pace. And I'll be like, this guy looks amazing! So I'll ask for a scout report...

...and my scout will say "naw this guy is garbage. Half a star maybe". I think I'm going to start ignoring him?? What does everyone else do? I mean, I WISH my 3-star striker had 12 goals in 20 appearances. In fact, as I'm writing this, I am convincing myself to ignore him every once in a while...

Thanks!

The star system is misleading because it is relative to the player quality in your current team and also does not take into account the player role you intend to play. For example, if you have the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez (first two are 190+ CA/PA while Suarez is above 185+) in your team, the rest of your team might just be 2.5 to 3 stars. If you want a judgement on how much CA/PA the player has, a better gauge would be how the scout report describes the player within the league. For the Premier League, a "leading player in the Premier League" would probably be above 155 - 165 (?) and a star player be above 170+.

The star system is misleading because it is relative to the player quality in your current team and also does not take into account the player role you intend to play. For example, if you have the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez (first two are 190+ CA/PA while Suarez is above 185+) in your team, the rest of your team might just be 2.5 to 3 stars. If you want a judgement on how much CA/PA the player has, a better gauge would be how the scout report describes the player within the league. For the Premier League, a "leading player in the Premier League" would probably be above 155 - 165 (?) and a star player be above 170+.

This, I look at attributes not his 'stars'.

The star system is misleading because it is relative to the player quality in your current team and also does not take into account the player role you intend to play. For example, if you have the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez (first two are 190+ CA/PA while Suarez is above 185+) in your team, the rest of your team might just be 2.5 to 3 stars....

Ok that is interesting, thanks

Archived