The 6th Annual FMCU Awards!

deltablue

mil_zpshdouc5yf.jpg

Goooooooooooooood Evening, Good Evening, Good Evening! And welcome to another edition of QI... erm I mean the 2015 FMCU awards.

My name is deltablue and I'll be your (rather nervous, first-time) host this evening. It's a pleasure to be here on what is undoubtedly the highlight of the FMCU calendar and I hope we all have a great evening. Best of luck to everyone tonight!

Before we begin I'd like to pay tribute to SRL88. He's been a giant of the forum for the past few years and it's pity that real-life issues mean he's had to take an extended break from the forums, but I hope he'll be back one day. This year's contest is much poorer for his absence, not least because he'd be a much better host

:D

Without further ado it's time to hand over to our reporter on the carpet. Making a welcome return after a couple of years' absence, we have Claire... So, what's the news Claire?

Michelle_Red_Carpet_zpswhitqybs.jpg

Claire: Well deltablue, there is plenty of buzz aroud here about who the possible contenders may be. For a start, you yourself are looking for a 3rd Best Poster victory in a row but I bet you've been looking over your shoulder nervously. A trophy-less night for dafuge was the big shock from last year and he'll be hopeful to bounce back from that, while young Danish dynamite dllu will be hoping to make a name for himself. Sydney666 has also won a few hearts

I think you might have missed him Claire, he's dashed off to the bar already. Anyway we've got a lot to get through so even though people are still filing in, let's kick off with the first award: Best FMCU Team. Emilia...

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

Thank you deltablue. The nominees for Best FMCU Team are as follows: tomtuck01's Ajax; dafuge's Canvey Island; deltablue's Ipswich; northernpilgrim's Manchester City and Sydney666's Napoli

I'm afraid we'll have to hurry along to the next award, which will be Best FMCU Fountain of Youth...

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

The nominees are: Jimbokav1971 with(GIB). 'No transfers, no loans, no grey players, just YOUTH'; Jimbokav1971 with(GIB). 'No transfers, no loans, no grey players, just YOUTH' and... Jimbokav1971 with(GIB). 'No transfers, no loans, no grey players, just YOUTH'.

I think we can do without you for this one deltablue, as I declare 'No transfers, no loans, no grey players, just YOUTH' the unanimous winner!

(Well how do you like that!)

Now for the first of the two new awards: Best Retro Career

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

The nominations are... 'Got 99 Problems but Norwich Ain't One' by some loser; 'Home® Nations to the Max by dllu; 'Thisted- City on the Edge of Forever', also by dllu and 'Whitehawk Down' by GreyedOutMan

Thanks everyone. I must admit it doesn't feel that exciting winning that one because it was just as easy as I feared it would be given it was my idea in the first place. Still it's my first ever non-Best Poster win, so that's something. Anyway on to...

Moving hastily on to Best FMCU Newcomer. Formerly the 'Under the Radar' award which at least partly explains why SRL88 won it twice!

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

So, the hopeful young chaps are: DaveHibb; dllu and Sydney666

On to Best FMCU Thread Name. Last year was a bit of a damp squib, but not so this year. Take a deep breath Emilia...

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

The contenders are... 'An Iberian Adventure: I don't think Iberian here before' by Raware, 'Double the RAM, Double the Fun' by Lenzar, the absolutely terrible 'Got 99 Problems But Norwich Ain't One', 'Hoist the Jolly Roger' by DaveHibb, 'I Know Maastricht but you have to live with it son' by Deisler26, 'Knocking Fergie off his perch: The noisy neighbours are turning up the volume' by northernpilgrim, 'We Have No Cefning Chance' by Nobby McDonald and 'You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator 3' by b101. *gasps*

And the winner of Best FMCU Thread Name 2015 is, by almost a literal nose... Got 99 Problems But Norwich Ain't One!

This was easily the most exciting category this year. The first 7 sets of votes all threw up different names, then a few drew ahead on just 2 votes and it was literally won on the last set of votes (well penultimate since the very last didn't have a vote for this). I remember opening up that last message, knowing it would probably be the last submission, thinking 'Don't be Deisler, Don't be Deisler, Don't be Deisler!' :D

Now for Best FMCU Classic Career. Over to you...

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

I'll set my dragons on you if you're not careful! Anyway the eternal careers are... Sammarinese Suicide by Dave., 'The Scandinavan Shankly: From Paupers to Kings' by Withnail316 and 'Undrið FF, the Faroese Wonder' by RBKalle

The winner of Best FMCU Classic Career is... The Scandinavian Shankly: From Paupers to Kings! I don't think anyone really doubted it

Oh wow, I didn't see that coming! Thanks to all who voted for me. (Is now the time for my Jarvis Cocker moment?)

Michelle_Red_Carpet_zpswhitqybs.jpg

Congratulations Withnail316! How does it feel knowing your career is still so popular after all this time?

I'm delighted that so many people have read it, to be honest. I've no plans of retiring it any time soon either, so hopefully I can keep you entertained for a while to come yet, too.

6 down, 3 to go. Now for Best FMCU Journeyman Career, always one of the big ones.

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

With their eyes on the prize are... 'I know Maastricht but you have to love with it son', 'Keeping It Steel: Duroliponte's UK and Ireland Challenge', 'The only way to force Becks into Football Management' by DavidBeckham and 'The Perfectionist - From A to W, 51 Nations and centuries of management' by Makoto Nakamura

And the winner of Best FMCU Journeyman 2015 is...Keeping It Steel: Duroliponte's UK and Ireland Challenge!

This one was really close between a few threads for a while but then Duroliponte just surged way ahead of everyone else.

Not long to hold on now. It's time for the penultimate award... Best FMCU Poster. Can I make it a hat-trick of wins and claim a 3rd prize of the night in the process?

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

We shall see. The shortlist is... deltablue, John1, Nobby McDonald, Sydney666 and Withnail316

And so to the big one... Best FMCU Career!

em_zpsvzutrt8o.jpg

So many big beasts! Which of them will be King of the FMCU Jungle? The nominees are... 'Canvey Island: The Rise of the Yellow Army', 'Got 99 Problems But Norwich Ain't One', 'No transfers, no loans, no grey players, just YOUTH', 'The only way to force Becks into Football Management', 'Thomas van den Leeuwen - Making De Godenzonen The Kings Of Europe Again' and 'Whitehawk Down'

Archived