How long have you managed a club for?

I've played FM15 more than i've ever played any other CM/FM before- playing it more than I should over the past year.

I'm currently managing AFC Fylde, and have done now for 2038 days (284 Games). This is without any holidays (workaholic apparently). I've been able to get the team promoted twice, and we are currently playing in League 2.

How long have you managed a single club? And what success did you have?

Think I just had my 800 game aniversary. 11 years with Spurs

Took me by surprise that I won PRM and Euro Cup the first game year, I think that should be impossible with Spurs real world squad. Eriksen is one of the best players in the FM15 database for some reason, he single handedly create chances in so waste quantities it's insane (50+ is registered as assists, god knows how many time the intended score fail to score).

I gone on to the most insane PRM and Champions Cup dominance spell after that, with the help of purchasing Naymar that Barca for some idiotic reason suddenly sold for 66€.

Now I'm at the point the old guard is all retiring and I'm learning that using Spurs as a base for regen development hasn't been entirely successful. Lot's of performance issues from stat wise super players.

Managed Queens Park for ten years, 2013-2023, only got them as far as the League 1 and a Challenge Cup final, which we lost to Dunfermiline 2-1.

Then managed Dynamo Dresden, 2024-2028, got them to 1 Bundesliga and whilst struggling at the foot of the league promptly left for....

....CS Maritimo, 2028-2031(Present). I've managed to win the League Cup once, runner up in the League Cup once and qualified for Europa League for the last two seasons running.

I have applied for many jobs, and have even been offered the Cardiff City job recently. But I like managing in Portugal. Well who wouldn't? What with their all year round sunshine and tasty wine selection, its a no brainer. :lol:

I'm currently in my 12th year at york city. We're defending the premier league title (won it last year) , and have won the uefa cup (last year) and fa cup (2 seasons ago). I've just drawn with real madrid at the bernabeu, something I'm quite proud of. I'm hoping to get at least one more year in charge before fm 16 comes out.

I'm still playing my first save. I am on my second manager. I play as a journeyman manager. Start at the bottom and try to work my way up. It is the year 2063. I've been at AS-St. Etienne for 8 years. I was at Bari for 10 years and set them up for AI Dominance with my first manager. I won Serie A 4 times, won the Italian Cup 4 times and the Super Cup twice. I won the EuroCup once (the year we hosted) and made the semifinals of the Champions League. Trying to take them down a notch or two with a different club.

I enjoy playing with newgens because you don't know who the good players are.........

Didn't someone post a 1000 year save or was it just 100, but the op is talking about managing.

I don't understand how you can have enough time in a life to actively manage clubs for 50 or 100 years during a generation of FM.

I tend to rattle through a season within around 15 hours (normal season, the first season normally takes around 20-24, with player signings/scouting/staff/tactic)

of course, you can also massively streamline it based on where you manage (no holidays in the Prem, compared to taking holidays with a dominant HongKong side and only playing continental fixtures)

depends how often you play it too

15 hours means you can get through 3-4 seasons per month (1-2 hours per weekday, and then 5 hours on Sat&Sun) and then 4 weeks,

giving a total of 4-8 hours (or roughly half a season) during the weekdays

and then 40 hours (or 2.5 seasons) during the weekend

obviously, you can play it more, but that kinda works while still maintaining some kind of social life (7:30-9pm during the week, and then in the morning on the weekend)

I don't understand how you can have enough time in a life to actively manage clubs for 50 or 100 years during a generation of FM.

It's not like the game self-destructs and becomes unplayable one year after its release. ;)

I'm still playing FM13, played FM10 before that and generally only buy a new version every three years...

I do a save with Athletic Bilbao every year - tends to be long term due to their home grown player regulations, and I play not allowing any Spanish under 18 signings (have to have Basque nationality) so it's a slow burner. Usually takes me around 4 or 5 seasons to beat both Barca and Madrid in the league unless they both have a shocker of a season. With one of them normally getting close to 100 points you have to have a pretty dominant team to win the league. So much time goes into a home grown save though when it pays off they're the most satisfying saves I've done. I like having the option to buy other basque players too so it's not 100% only my academy players, which adds a bit of transfer interest.

On FM15 I'm currently in 2033 and usually go about the same distance on each FM. Waiting for FM16 now to start again!! Can't believe I'm not bored of it to be honest I do the same thing every year!! Think I'm on about 700 hours played according to steam, not sure how accurate that is as I play offline a fair bit. I've seen some monster saves though with people going 10-20 years beyond that - incredible dedication!

On FM15, 1671 days and counting at Hamburg SV, just won the Bundesliga and the Europa League (2017-2018 season). Most I`ve spent at a club was almost 30 years at Everton on FM07, and I miserably failed at winning the Premier League. Not even once did I win it. :mad:

Archived