Football Manager Yahtzee

Football Manager Yahtzee

The dice game of Yahtzee meets a Football Manager twist. Each season you must choose your category to score points in.

The Rules:

You will take control of a team in top division of England, Germany, Italy or Spain.

The challenge will take 12 seasons.

At the end of each season, you must choose exactly ONE category to score points for - scoring will be explained below.

If there are no categories you can score in for a season, you must choose a category to score 0 in.

Changing team during the challenge is not permitted

Any reputation

Any Coaching Badges

No additional languages

Scoring System

Section 1

Ones - sum of goals in games where you score exactly 1 goal during a season

Twos - sum of goals in games where you score exactly 2 goals during a season

Threes - sum of goals in games where you score exactly 3 goals during a season

Fours - sum of goals in games where you score exactly 4 goals during a season

Fives - sum of goals in games where you score exactly 5 goals during a season

Sixes - sum of goals in games where you score 6 or more goals during a season

Bonus - if the sum of the above six categories add up to 200 or more, you are awarded a bonus of 100 points.

Example: if you score 2 goals in exactly 23 games during the season, you would score 46 points for that category (2x23)

Section 2

League G/D - value of your league goal difference

League Points - value of your league points tally

Team of the Year (x25) - Number of players in the divisional team of the year multiplied by 25

Unbeaten Streak (x6) - Highest number of games unbeaten multiplied by 6 (must only be that season)

Winning Streak (x10) - Highest number of games won in a row multiplied by 10 (must only be that season)

Yahtzee (500) - Winning League, FA Cup and Champions League in a season.

Chance (MPx25) - this is awarded at the start of the save file for Media Prediction multiplied by 25.

The idea is obviously to score as many points as you can in 12 seasons and I will keep a leaderboard in the next post. I was going to post this idea for FM16, but I'm interested to see how balanced the scoring is first.

Here is a simple spreadsheet to use and screenshot as you score.

Thanks for reading and good luck! :)

I don't know the ins-and-outs of reputation and coaching badges. However, I would hate to think you could start as a team predicted 20th (for easy points) and move on based on reputation. Seems logical to keep the same team for the challenge.

Personally, I'm going to start this weekend - work has had me too busy to start immediately. Not decided if I want to start with a top team like Bayern or try to build a lower team up. I'm thinking I could use Ones/Twos as buffers for my 'squad-building' seasons.

Archived