Using Fake Players in FM16

Hi all, in the past I have always been disappointed by how checking the option to "Use fake players" only renamed the players and gave them a fictional FaceGen. I always want to start off with a totally fictional playerbase if possible. I found this old thread from a couple years ago, and despite dozens of others like it, SI have failed to fix this seemingly glaring issue. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364771-quot-Use-Fake-Players-quot

I do not have a Twitter, but if someone who does could ask Miles Jacobson or the FM page if this is corrected in FM16, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much! :thup:

Hi all, in the past I have always been disappointed by how checking the option to "Use fake players" only renamed the players and gave them a fictional FaceGen. I always want to start off with a totally fictional playerbase if possible. I found this old thread from a couple years ago, and despite dozens of others like it, SI have failed to fix this seemingly glaring issue. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364771-quot-Use-Fake-Players-quot

I do not have a Twitter, but if someone who does could ask Miles Jacobson or the FM page if this is corrected in FM16, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much! :thup:

It would be nice to have this implemented - like you said, what is the point of the way it works currently, really?

Until it is implemented, you can always use the editor to remove all real players from the game and then check "add players" when starting a save...

How about a button called "I feel lucky" this could remane the players, staff and reassign all stats to create some crazy saves, in the space of a couple of seasons things could look really different.

I don't think its an idea that would work as well as you think it would. It would have to be a complete overhaul, going even further than the post above suggests as you'd almost certainly need team names, stadiums and facilities to be randomised too because otherwise it would still suffer from what you expect of team A/B/C.

Teams have certain ideas or beliefs associated with them and randomising players but retaining that would be very complicated, and it would actually be rather difficult to do I suspect. The name generating aspect is already in the game for regens so its not a stretch to make use of that while retaining the database entirely. Creating an entirely new database from scratch, for those who make use of the feature, would require a significant amount of effort to do within criteria that would make it feel right with other parameters such as team names and such still in place.

The problem with doing that is the best players that get generated have CA of about 110-120. Lots of players with decent to good PA but no one at the level of even lower Prem players.

Not a big problem if it's the same all around the world, perhaps just a lot more fun

I thought I'd see how the game functions with all players and staff deleted - it auto generates unemployed staff by the looks of it.

Yeah, the answer is "not well". The absence of a proper, genuine fictional generator is what's spurred me on to work on this project.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I would still enjoy having a team such as Real Madrid be world class... just with a fictional player base. The English Premier League should still be superior to the Ivorian Premier League... I'm not talking about that drastic of an overhaul. I just think it would be nicely to have the ability to essentially start off with newgens.

I'd assume the issue would be one of balancing - if the fake players were completly fake on creating of the save the game would have to ensure that the attributes, abilities, ages and nationalities of the generated players were balanced, between teams, divisions, leagues and positions so the best striker in the world isn't a defender playing in the Conference, whilst the game would also need to ensure that the players generated into the teams allow them to meet the various homegrown and non-eu rules.

Which turns the feature from a simple change the names of existing players to a complicated feature that would need development time to ensure it worked, and all for a feature that not that many people are likely to use.

I think there is some middle ground here.

Why not a slider from no randomness to high level?

For a low level of randomness, just switching up the PA of the young players would mean people wouldn't know the future wonderkin. For a mid-range of randomness, just switching up the CA/PA of players within a team would help tremendously: my team may have had a star goalkeeper, a middling right back, and poor strike options, but upon re-rolling we have a star right back (CA about what my 'keeper had), a middling striker and poor options at goalkeeper.

For a high level of randomness, we're willing to consider the possibility that the best striker is playing in the Conference. As a goalkeeper. A riot of transfers will happen. The mighty may fall, the meek may rise, cats and dogs living together...and we get to sail a ship through those waters.

Couldn't the players just be created within a certain CA range, befitting the size of the club?

I say "just" because I have absolutely no idea how much programming/processing this would require... ;)

Archived