Lack of FM15 motivation

toby14

Really enjoyed FM15, one of the best versions in my opinion. (especially the tactics revamp)

But since all the FM16 announcements and confirmed release date i have completely lost motivation for my saves, which i was really into before. It's a shame, but don't see the point of playing if im going to be stopping it in a month.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and not playing FM15 anymore?

What you need to do is set an achievable goal that isn't easy, but will keep you going for a month. I had a Save on FM 14 with Dover where I was floating between the Championship and the Premier League. I had literally got promoted relegated promoted relegated and I set myself of using the last month before FM15 was released to reduce the average age of my squad to <25 (it was in the 30s) to win promotion again and to survive a season in the top flight.

I looked at my squad, and despite the age of most the squad I was confident I could walk the league but it was essentially the same set of players with two relegations under their belts. So I started selling players left right and centre. I signed a stack of players that reduced the age of my squad and achieved that target and I managed to win promotion through the playoffs.

My struggle against relegation was immense, and FM15 actually came out with about when I still had 10 or so games to go and I didn't play FM15 until I finished that season. Sadly, I was relegated on the second to last day, made up a huge scenario in my head where the manager of 35 years, a legend with one club had faced the reality that he just couldn't take that last step to make Dover an established Premier League side. I retired my manager from football - never to load FM14 again.

Have a look in the Steam workshop for custom databases and such. Last year I found one where you start with £1B, a massive rep and no players or staff, in skrill south. Stick it on commentary only and see how far you can go. I made it to the championship with back to back to back to back promotions before FM15 came out.

I was a bit bored with the game, but sat down and wrote some self imposed rules (like only buying players scouts find and avoiding players you "always" buy, always create a new tactic from scratch, limit installment payments, focus on national players, etc, etc). It ended up being a fairly long list. Much more involved with my new saves after doing this.. not just going through the motions and getting bored after a couple of season. I guess with limited time you could also set some short-term goals, and maybe leave the club and set new goals for a different club after that.

I stopped playing FM15 a month or so ago.

It's good to have a break from the game, as for me it makes the new game that bit more "new" and unfamiliar when it arrives. In the mean time, I have been annoying my wife so that when FM16 is out, she'll be glad of a break from me and I won't get too much grief (initially, at least) when she loses me to the laptop.

I'm doing the opposite this year. I've started an Aston Villa save, that should tide me over until the 'fabled' .3 release of FM16.

Mostly because FM15 got "killed" off too early for me as my Beta-save was so bloody good, and I had to restart it due to a bug that couldn't be retrospectively fixed. That meant I lost a great file, far too early and just wasn't in the mood from then on, just one of those things really. So this year I won't be beta-testing, might have a look at the new features on the release but hopefully I'll be occupied with Fm15 until that 'key point'. Maybe I'll make it a goal to reach 75 years of age in game and 'retire'. I should have enough time from now until the .3 version right? :D Then I can do it all over again with FM16. ^_^

I stopped playing FM15 a month or so ago.

It's good to have a break from the game, as for me it makes the new game that bit more "new" and unfamiliar when it arrives. In the mean time, I have been annoying my wife so that when FM16 is out, she'll be glad of a break from me and I won't get too much grief (initially, at least) when she loses me to the laptop.

Hahaha, Great tactic!! Do see what you mean that a break from the game is good, can reignite your interest. But life is considerably worse when you haven't got a save to play! October will be a slow month!

I'm still really enjoying my FM15 save. Just starting to get to the point where you can get excited by regens (season 3). I won the treble with Bayern last season so would like to win the world club cup before moving on to Liverpool when the opportunity arises. Don't think I'll be buying 16 until after Christmas.

Hahaha, Great tactic!! Do see what you mean that a break from the game is good, can reignite your interest. But life is considerably worse when you haven't got a save to play! October will be a slow month!

Play a game that's great and also very different. Papers, Please!, Long Live the Queen and lots of other indie games are cheap, replayable and work on low-spec machines.

I got my hopes up for FM16. Less "shiny" features and, hopefully, more improvements to the features that were introduced in the past year.

I'm hoping for a fix for the linux 2038 bug and improvements to tutoring, AI squad building and the transfer system, particularly to increased player movement when they become unhappy in top clubs.

Great to see an AI strikerless formation.

It's the same every year, I play the game and swear I will not buy the next one as my save game is too good and yet on release day I'm straight in the shop to buy the new version. I just wish you could somehow carry across your save, I know that it's not possible.

I tend to skip an iteration a lot of the time. Like I got FM2011, I got FM2012, but i ended up going back to 2011 because my save was more fun and I didnt really like the changes much. So I skipped 2014 this time around, If it wasnt for the fact Newcastle are doing so bad IRL I'd skip 2016 too, but it is a draw to get 2016 just to see if I can do better with Newcastle!

But I think if you are enjoying a save game a lot - why not just carry it on for a year and skip a version? It makes sense if you have limited time to play.

I'm actually dreading FM16 (which I've already pre-ordered through Steam) coming out because I've enjoyed my FM15 save so much! Clocked up more hours on FM15 than any other version by miles & only the second time in my FM life that I've gone the whole year on just one save. Absolutely loved this years game & it'll be a real wrench to wave it goodbye & move on.

I'm at Man Utd in 2026 (first time I've actually managed long-term in the Premiership in 6 years of play), having a great time but wondering if the new chairman's going to extend my contract or should I go take a challenge elsewhere. When FM 16 launches, I'll have it within a couple weeks of release and never look back, but I'm still logging 2-6 hours a day in FM 15.

Every year I have a self-imposed hiatus as soon as the football season finishes. It means I am ready, willing and able to spend ages getting in to the new version. Admittedly, I don't play the game for 5 months of the year but I managed to get in 1,000 hours on FM15.

Also helps keep the wife happy!

I hate this time of year. New season stoking up desire to play but only 30 odd days till the new one comes out. Not time enough to start another good game and I've already done the little things.

Looks like I'll stick to putting balloons on sheep and sending them to the Seychelles until the end of the month. :(

Really enjoyed FM15, one of the best versions in my opinion. (especially the tactics revamp)

But since all the FM16 announcements and confirmed release date i have completely lost motivation for my saves, which i was really into before. It's a shame, but don't see the point of playing if im going to be stopping it in a month.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and not playing FM15 anymore?

Of course same here. No FM15 for me ever again. Waiting for prerelease beta of FM16

I'm doing the opposite this year. I've started an Aston Villa save, that should tide me over until the 'fabled' .3 release of FM16.

Mostly because FM15 got "killed" off too early for me as my Beta-save was so bloody good, and I had to restart it due to a bug that couldn't be retrospectively fixed. That meant I lost a great file, far too early and just wasn't in the mood from then on, just one of those things really. So this year I won't be beta-testing, might have a look at the new features on the release but hopefully I'll be occupied with Fm15 until that 'key point'. Maybe I'll make it a goal to reach 75 years of age in game and 'retire'. I should have enough time from now until the .3 version right? :D Then I can do it all over again with FM16. ^_^

Well shoot. Aston Villa (9th) sack me in March. New flipping board Graham Turnip Taylor obviously wanted someone to drive them into the relegation zone. -_-;;

Try a different country. I randomly tried managing in France once, and it was really fun. Different foreign player rules, different team histories to research, and nice exposure to a league that carried over to more real-life interest in French clubs.

Try a different country. I randomly tried managing in France once, and it was really fun. Different foreign player rules, different team histories to research, and nice exposure to a league that carried over to more real-life interest in French clubs.

and no pesky WP rules for Africans either ;)

I actually did a demo save of both RealMadrid and Juventus, which provided me some things to work on - Juventus with Bale/CR7/James/Benzema all in the side, and Juventus with no wingers

Guys...why don't you give Eastside Hockey Manager a try?

When Gareth Bale broke my heart and left Spurs back in '13 I fell out with football big-time and revisited EHM2007 which I can remember from the old days of the Championship/Football Manager magazine. I found that I could play as my Hometown team Milton Keynes Lightning and it's got me really into Hockey (MK Lightning/New York Rangers/Oxford City Stars). The interface will be familiar to anyone who played the 2005-2008 iterations of FM (2D match engine) and its a very deep game in it's own right.

Now it's been re-released and updated as EHM:EA and I think the 2015 databases are about to drop and that's how I'll be spending my time till FM '16 launches. And the more people who buy EHM the more likely we are to have it grow to a fully-franchised game with yearly updates and improvements.

I cant be bothered anymore! I tried switching between 3 different saves every few days. I had a great save going with Athletico Madrid but lost all motivation. Currently taking a little break and catching up on some TV shows until the Beta is released.

Guys...why don't you give Eastside Hockey Manager a try?

I've got it but haven't really got into a game yet but then I'm not lacking motivation with my FM games but yeah would be a good game for others to have a go at.

Yep I had some really good saves going and a decent tactic....suddenly 3 weeks later I find myself turning the laptop on for the first time...perhaps a little bit is also due to fifa 16 (rubbish by the way) being released. I just don't see the point in starting a new save now :(

With only 2 weeks or a month(if you don't play the beta) before FM16 release, you can probably try international management instead. Teams like Iceland, Northern Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Albania should be interesting save. See if you can lead them to Euro and WC qualifications.

I've taken to mucking around with various squads and tactics to see which work or don't just to do something while I wait on release, my main save lasted 12 seasons and I got bored after 10, one you build a squad and keep building year on year the game becomes too easy as AI squads don't strengthen as much as you do.

I'm actually finding more motivation oddly, wanting to get a particular save finished before I get sidetracked with FM16. I'll still pre-order, but may run the two in tandem for a while.

With only 2 weeks or a month(if you don't play the beta) before FM16 release, you can probably try international management instead. Teams like Iceland, Northern Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Albania should be interesting save. See if you can lead them to Euro and WC qualifications.

Scotland are only interesting if you enjoy the crushing of your collective hopes, dreams and aspirations.

Scotland are only interesting if you enjoy the crushing of your collective hopes, dreams and aspirations.

Maybe pick Holland and see if you can do even worse than IRL without actually throwing games? :brock:

Archived