They came from the East...like waaaay East - The journey of FC Nogliki

Makoto Nakamura

First of all I'd like to apologise for the 9/10 month absence I've taken from both the forums and from Football Manager in general but in the last few days I'd pondered about loading up the game again and have a small career before the release of FM16 and well..here's my club of choice:

fk_nogliki-pr.jpg

FC Nogliki

FC Nogliki are a small club, they don't have a Wikipedia page and the only info I could find in terms of history is this little bit from an old website they had;

Team "Oilman" (now "FC Nogliki") first announced itself in the second half of the 1990s. In a short time she was able to become one of the strongest amateur teams of the Far East.

In 2002, "Oilman" won the zonal tournament championship Russian Amateur Championship and received the right to take part in the final, which took place in the city of Kamyshin Volgograd region. In the final, "Oilman" made it to number eight strongest teams in the country. For 8 consecutive years of "oil" became medalist area.

Three years in a row (2000, 2001, 2002) "Oilman" won the Cup of the Sakhalin region, becoming the first team in history that has managed to like.

In Football Manager FC Nogliki play in the Russian Amateur Football League (Third Division - Far East) in a league of 10 teams, 7 first teams and the reserve teams of Luch, Sakhalin and SKA Kharbarovsk who's 1st teams all play in the 2nd Tier. Just to gauge how far east they are, here is their location compared to the more well known location of Luch:

6bbb8804fee9fcafe5caacc985e4de64.png

And then compared to the rest of Europe:

3d03139dd6eaf9e7782f29a872dfaac1.png

The aim is to try and get Nogliki into Europe just for everyone else to complain and I'll try my best to promote youth since the population of Nogliki is no higher than 10,200 but I'll use all my charm to convince players to come and live in a places where this is your 'typical' house!

Dwelling_in_nogliki.jpg

I hope this will spark some interest and be able to keep me through for the month or so until FM16, which it most definitely should!

The First Day

cxtcsjp.png?1

Well the squad aren't happy to see me, they expected someone more qualified to come and manage..lets see how quickly their opinions change, or how long it takes for me to prove them right!

28VDrcu.png?1

The facilities aren't great, but it would be mad to think that they would be at a good level this low down in the pyramid.

Squad:

hexOpPn.png?1

I decided against adding players to teams so the immediate port of call will be to sign a goalkeeper or 3 as well as a defence...

Key Players:

5VLnQ16.png

LqlZZrE.png

Lj5ozrc.png

The club wage budget is £623 a week, our best player is taking up £180...he may have to go.

2014/15 Pre-Season

VOzP9VL.png?1

9cgfXK9.png?1

i172ct3.png?1

I didn't really know what to expect, 6 of the 10 teams in the league are in a Pre-Season Cup, we managed to finish 2nd but Belogorsk ran away with it.

Transfers:

HRhaP3s.png?1

We're now spending £745 a week on wages which is £46 above the budget, nothing awful though. I managed to release Alexey and brought in 7 players instead, here are the best couple.

1eMLzzs.png

1eMLzzs.png

I did also manage to bring in 3 goalkeepers but they're only rated at 2*, 1* and 1/2* whilst I gave contracts to the grey players in the team and youth team to make the numbers up.

Great seeing you back at last :)
Welcome back. Gotta love those "exotic isolated club" saves, and it doesn't get much more isolated than this! :thup:
Welcome back, man :thup:
This sounds like it could be an interesting save. Looking forward to it.
That is a lovely house.

Good luck and wrap up.;)

I suspect attracting players there in FM might be easier than in RL :D

Good choice of club though, I always like these sort of saves :thup:

Thanks all for the very warm welcoming! I'll try and get a few months or even a season done today since I just got home from work. @Cougar2010 It may be easier but I only have 76 players willing to come here ingame! :p

August 2014

448D3p4.png?1

fuZM9Sb.png?1

A nice start to the league, and by start I almost mean a nice first quarter since the league is only 18 games long, but we are joint 2nd on goal difference Belogorsk appear to be running away with the league already and I'm wondering if anyone can catch up to them.

We did make one more transfer although it was only a loan signing in a position where we have only one other player and that's D(L).

6VQdtfJ.png

September 2014

kWByg29.png?1

OtR4otC.png?1

Another good month as we reach the halfway point of the league, just the one expected defeat against Belogorsk who were then defeated by SKA-2 Khabarovsk to keep me on their tail as we're now 5 points ahead of 3rd and 4th. Also this month I changed formation from 4-3-3 to 4-2-2-2 and it seems to be doing just as well.

October 2014

i0DdvBE.png?1

i9lveR2.png?1

Another month and another 3 wins, if you're wondering how I get through games so fast, commentary only works wonders with max speed :p The one thing that bugs me (although it really shouldn't is the temperatures in matches in the game against SKA-2 the temperature was 28 degrees Celsius, whereas as this picture shows, the record October temperature for Nogliki is 22.4....

6731bf93272f223e87872433be489a33.png

2014/15 Youth Candidates

87LPuIz.png?1

E2aVWo3.png

jhe1Q1y.png

xJuhi2E.png

It looks like the youth system has done well with almost all of these players being able to challenge for a team place, only if they can actually play in the league at this age. I may have to focus more on youth players coming through then transferring players to the club due to the wages not exactly spiraling but some of our better players aren't lowering their demands in new contracts and are looking likely to leave at the end of the season.

April 2015

QDWWcDW.png?1

bW7EzxP.png?1

If April showers directly correlated with form...the 6 month winter break did nothing good to us and we held 6 matches against our Under 21's to keep some match fitness up (We won 5 and lost 1 of those matches.) Thankfully the poor 2 games haven't affected us too badly as we're 4 points behind Belogorsk with 3 games to go.

End of Season 2014/15

rLJ1po4.png?1

btzTvan.png?1

aFfZQfM.png?1

Not a great end to the season by all means but we still managed to hold on and finish 2nd, 5 points ahead of 3rd yet 10 points behind Belogorsk. It's probably a blessing in disguise as we will be losing a lot of players at the end of the season as contracts will be running out and I look to restructure the finances and not lose so much money.

d6H50kE.png?1

I'm hoping I'll manage to make this screen look a bit better by this time next year no matter what happens.

Squad:

hqJCRgY.png?1

Of these players we're losing 9 so next season looks to be shaping up to be difficult from the get-go.

Key Players:

XPrn9Oq.png

u9ggjPX.png

Wxyt17r.png

Pre-Season 2015/16

BX4hxUI.png?1

So even though our finances aren't great the board decides to give me a higher wage budget and a transfer budget as well, I won't be taking advantage of this show as I want to make sure we stay well within our means.

lojAbMG.png?1

60HUiEG.png?1

This season the FEFU Cup is split into 2 groups, we topped our group and then went on to win the cup which gave us a nice little bit of prize money.

Transfers:

IeAEQgn.png?1

Only 2 players brought in permanently with us getting Fedosyuk on loan again, here are our other 2 transfers:

6w25IDX.png

RoiVkIL.png

It makes me want to start career even further in the east i.e. FC Vulkan Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy 19577.png Thought they dissolved. Would be lovely to manage in Anadyr (don't know if they have a club). Their temperature record for October is 15.6 degree C.

You could always create them in the editor if you had the time and willingness to do so :p It would be even better if Uelen had a football team or even if the Diomede Islands had a team (or 2 teams, 1 in the Russian Leagues, 1 in the USA Leagues) Uelens' record high for October is just 10 degrees c :p

August 2015

67GNJQp.png?1

uGwVg4K.png?1

After the first game with SKA-2 I decided to switch back to the 4-3-3, it has not disappointed as we've won every other game and we're looking good after 5 games, with there being onle less team in the league now we are already almost 1/3rd of the way through the season!

I also decided to bring in one more player, the first 3 players brought in were all defenders, this 4th player is a goalkeeper, so we've definitely strengthened at the back now.....I hope.

hLCARnr.png

October 2015

4idaYlm.png?1

lBjtQIE.png?1

What a great couple of games! 2-0 victory away to 2nd place Blagoveschensk followed up by a massive 5-0 drubbing home to Birobidzhan with there being 5 different goalscorers! We then got complacent and lost 1-0 away to Yakutia-ABCDeFGh....I also find it interesting that although they're bottom of the table Mostovik are the 2nd highest goalscorers of the division.

Our next match is all the way on the 21st April 2016, let the spacebar mashing commence.

End of Season 2015/16

YRScdei.png?1

3UHLOe1.png?1

We breezed the league, scraped through the promotion playoffs and ended up winning the 3rd place playoff as well! We are going up!!!!

Squad:

1jN5z1G.png?1

Key Players:

9uklRPU.png

ZDOYE8E.png

QEM2w23.png

FNr1d6k.png

Finances:

77b9Act.png?1

We managed to make £7k more than last year, it's a plus!

cwZFm2p.png?1

We did lose more money though, and with travel costs, we're going to be losing more and more.

July 2016

hWAb1vh.png?1

This season I tried to get some good loans in and for what i've been used to these players are the next step above...but still probably not good enough for the division...

Key Transfers:

AeRsskT.png

ccZhgIr.png

uM9j85O.png

ioLe4wo.png

zdYBC5b.png

I4w2VMR.png

Key transfers are basically players who came in with more than 3 1/2* CA.

GDrPwq6.png?1

63tuFay.png?1

2V12vZd.png?1

An indifferent start to the league but I'm happy with where we are, we are supposed to be completely out of our depth in this division so if we stay in 7th I'll be happy. We also played our 1st ever Russian Cup game and managed to get a win!!

Good read so far - looking forward to seeing how you get on and how your youth develops :)

Thanks Adelaidean, I'm glad you're enjoying it :) Hopefully some of my youth will become something...not a start but maybe good enough for this division is the best I can hope for.

August 2016

lgcJbH2.png?1

kR5vAze.png?1

I think we've upset the apple cart here, we're doing well in the league, it's stupidly tight though as just 4 points separate 3rd from 10th so we've got to stay aware and not let ourselves be drawn to the foot of the table. The surprising thing is how well we've managed to do in the cup, winning 4-2 on penalties against the island's best team Sakhalin before an epic penalty shootout against Smena where we won 17-16, we then managed a massive upset as we put 3 past Luch-Energiya, who are in the league above us by scoring in the 101st, 109th and 112th minute, and who do we face in the next round? Spartak Moscow at home, they won the Russian league in the first season, finished 6th last season and are currently in 11th.

Looks like you've got a Sakhalin Derby.

It shall become the greatest derby in football.

Those are some seriously short seasons! Good work on your promotion, man :thup:

Thanks man! It is weird having a 16 match season and a 6 month winter break, at least this season we play 27 league games so it's slightly longer :)

September 2016

pXK1mRM.png?1

lbUZmMT.png?1

A pretty decent month to be fair, we lost the Sakhalin derby which is disappointing but understandable and we didn't embarrass ourselves too much in the Russian Cup going down just 3-0 to Spartak, we sit in the dizzying height of 4th, but sit just 2 points ahead of 8th.

April 2017

h8RCvIO.png?1

vl9UFGa.png?1

Sakhalin have ran away with the league and have won with 4 games to go and a 13 point lead, and we managed to come from behind twice to get a draw against them :D we narrowly won our 2 other games which see us climb up to 5th.

Now, onto the financials, we are losing a lot of money and we are above wage budget so come the end of the season I'll be having a complete revamp and getting rid of most of the highest paid players...what makes this worse is our salary per annum compared to the rest of the teams in the league.

CJLpMIT.png?1

KkaM1wM.png?1

End of Season 2016/17

Ch8SkEo.png?1

6tYBdqG.png?1

We finished in 7th which is decent, but I'm also disappointed because we had a slightly better goal difference than the 2 teams ahead of us but the league is sorted by games won then results between teams so we received £14,750 for finishing 7th whilst Dinamo Barnaul received £111,000 for finishing 5th...

Squad:

VPM5c3h.png

Key Players:

7Cf5EGm.png

K4SPNjJ.png

0sFTwjc.png

Finances

PyVp7sD.png?1

Oh dear.

July 2017

JTbrr69.png?1

mlRlVdo.png?1

Awful, Awful, Awful, we have a first team squad with only 4 players over the age of 18 and results have shown for this, I managed to get rid of a couple of players I wanted to get rid of but as I went to sign new players I got a message....no transfers can be made whilst the club is in the takeover process or something like that, and it has been ongoing for over a month now so we can't sign anyone at all!

Archived