Penalties

This has been discussed before.

From what I recall, the in game stats are a smidge higher than IRL but only by a couple of %.

Again, I've seen plenty of penalties missed, both for and against, and both in normal play, and in shoot outs.

I'd like to see how the numbers compare at each level of play in game. I think the real life conversion rate is something like 75-80% in the higher divisions, though personally in my lower division play in game the conversion rate is ludicrously high (Four misses combined through four seasons).

I will say as well that any failed conversions were because of misses, not saves, and one was put back on the rebound off the iron.

I see very few penalties awarded in open play

Cup ties settled by penalty shoot outs seem to go on forever 10 or 11 kicks each team

So I agree, a lack of realism in this instance

My striker who previously missed 4/14 in his previous season has just scored 19/19 this season in open play. My strikers have very high dribbling attributes and pace so defenders find them a handfull in the box also one of them likes to bend the rules(he goes down very easily in the penalty area)

Archived