Idea for FM16 Challenge...

OK, so we've seen a lot of previews of the upcoming 2016 incarnation of the world's greatest game. With the new features that are coming out, I have an English challenge that I think will draw a lot of play once lower levels of the pyramid become available.

With the ability to create your own club, I've thought of a challenge that would make great use of this feature, and also be incredibly challenging on top of the fun it will provide from just that feature.

FC United of Manchester is one of the more recent examples, of very few true examples of brand new PROFESSIONAL clubs entering the league system. When they entered the pyramid, they entered 9 steps below the Premier League, in the 10th level of the English system. They are semi-professional, of course, but most NEW clubs enter the pyramid as amateur outfits.

The challenge will be something along the lines of starting at least a semi-professional club (and I'm sure finances could be figured out from FC United's entry and then modified for inflation) -- and ascending those 9 levels to Premier League, and then European glory.

Obviously I am unsure how far the pyramid will stretch down in the new version at this point, so it may have to wait for the fine editors to do their work -- but would there be others interested in this challenge if I were to fully flesh it out for the new version and a new challenge for the community? I was doing some reading while I was installing my security programs on my new PC and this idea came up in my reading and I figured I would share. It would definitely make for a lot of interesting stories -- and surely a lot of interesting clubs as seeing people's own creations would also come out in this challenge.

Thanks for reading, and if enough folks like the idea I'll fully format a challenge up and have it ready to go once it is feasible in FM16!

According to Wiki for initial financial info:

The club was founded in 2005 by disenfranchised supporters of Manchester United. Although they had various reasons for their dissatisfaction, the prime catalyst for F.C. United's formation was the 12 May 2005 hostile takeover of Manchester United by the American businessman Malcolm Glazer. After the name "F.C. United" was rejected by The Football Association for being too generic, all those who had pledged money to the club were asked to vote on a name. On 14 June 2005, it was announced that "F.C. United of Manchester" had been chosen, beating "A.F.C. Manchester 1878", "Manchester Central" and "Newton Heath United". "F.C. United" continues to be used as an abbreviated form of the club's name. Karl Marginson was appointed as the club's manager on 22 June 2005, and the club held trials for players on 26 June 2005. Just under 900 players applied to take part in the trials, of whom 200 were selected to do so and 17 were chosen to play for F.C. United. By 6 July 2005, over 4,000 people had pledged money to F.C. United and the club had over £100,000 in the bank.

Obviously, we aren't sure how limited/expansive the "create a club" feature will be yet, but I'm guessing an initial stipend of funds and an ability to pitch-share at the start of your club will be enabled. If that is the case, a pitch share similar to that club using Gigg Lane, we could work out a pitch-share and £100,000 start, I'm sure.

What do you think, and what other ideas could we implement to make it an all-encompassing challenge? We have a bit of time before it will be workable, so we could really come up with something special perhaps...

Archived