What's your most disappointing season?

I've just finished my 4th season with Arsenal, and I managed to lose in the Capitol One Cup final (1:0), FA Cup Final (2:1), Champions League final (3:2) and came second in the league by two points with a far superior goal difference.

So close, yet so far.

Can anyone beat that?

First season with Arsenal, taking over in 2023. Aim was to make the Champions League, we finished 5th and missed out on 4th via goal difference, and lost in the FA Cup final. Got a reprieve and kept my job for next season, but was sacked just 6 games into the season as I missed out on a required points tally set by the board, by 1 point. My successor has done worse though, yet still remains in the job. Frustrating!

Lost the semifinal in the Conference playoffs 2-1 on aggregate in the first year of my Wrexham save after a nothing penalty was given against me, and then interest in the save very quickly after.

Also recreating in year 2 of my Roma save this match between United and Roma. I'd not been on the receiving end of such a tubthumping recently, at least not between two evenly-ish matched teams*, and it came during a year of similar shellackings in big games, including 12-1 aggregate home and away to Juventus. I hadn't realized I'd assembled a team where two of the centerbacks and both wingbacks had low Important Matches and Pressure.

*I did take a 9-0 (I think) from Real Madrid in my Arsenal save, where I had two players sent off in the first twenty minutes for straight reds and another after half time.

Archived