[FM2016] E23 - England to Level 23

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering if anyone can offer an opinion on why this isn't working?

I did a dry run with no changes and the db loads up and plays fine, so I know nothing is wrong with the download,

All I've done is swap one team out for another (created by me) in one of the lower leagues, when I load the game up and select England as the nation, I am unable to select which leagues to play -

k9fOJ63.png

Any immediate thoughts on what's gone wrong?

Thanks

Sorry Dan, had hoped the changes would remain in the file,

I've added a team 'Molesey Juniors' to around level 9 or 10 from memory - at work so can't check!

BoyInGreen, thanks I'll try that later tonight, is verifying the file easy to find in the editor? (apologies for the simpleton questions..!)

Sorry Dan, had hoped the changes would remain in the file,

I've added a team 'Molesey Juniors' to around level 9 or 10 from memory - at work so can't check!

BoyInGreen, thanks I'll try that later tonight, is verifying the file easy to find in the editor? (apologies for the simpleton questions..!)

Yes, just go to Test Rules and click All. It'll probably take around half an hour to verify.

Might add a couple more leagues over next couple of days and one of those will probably be Division One of the Surrey Intermediate so probably a Wednesday/Thursday release

Division One added, not sure what other league to add at level 11/12

There are links to four different versions in the OP. Are you sure you downloaded the lvl 23 one?

I just read on the forum that i have to let it go through all of the leagues under the league rules and let it flow through all of the leagues in the editor which i didn't allow..

I created a club at level 23 and after the first season I no longer have any league games. I only get the Tester cup games. Any ideas?

Where is the club based? Is it in the Sussex boundary area, as that may make a difference if it is outside the perimeter of that league. Just a thought.

Where is the club based? Is it in the Sussex boundary area, as that may make a difference if it is outside the perimeter of that league. Just a thought.

Ahhh ... yeah that could be a contributing factor. I'll take a look at that. Thanks very much!

Try now, have re-added link

Yes, got it now. Thank you very much!

Can I just confirm the 'road map' when starting at Level 23?

Is it like this:

Mid Sussex League Division 10 (Level 23) > Mid Sussex League Premier Division (Level 12)

Southern Combination League Division 2 (Level 11) > Sthn Combination Premier (Level 9)

Southern Central (Level 8)

Southern Premier (Level 7) ?

My geography of the county isn't brilliant.

Is it like this:

Mid Sussex League Division 10 (Level 23) > Mid Sussex League Premier Division (Level 12)

Southern Combination League Division 2 (Level 11) > Sthn Combination Premier (Level 9)

Yes that is correct

Is it like this:

After Southern Combination it will be Isthmian Division One South

Hello to everyone...First of all, thanks a lot to Dan for the great work..An FM player since the early years of CM2 97/98, playing only low english leagues in the past years and been waiting for the full pyramid since ever....

Also started with Keymer & Hassocks....3 promotions in 3 years and on our way to BPL...

Only have one question. Since the second year my U21 and U18 teams get invited to the leagues, I accept the invitations, but in the end no fixtures appear for them. Any idea on that?

Also, is there any thread with ultra low league FM stories?

Have a great year all of you and thank you once again Dan

Good luck with Keymer & Hassocks!

Cheers. Into February now. Been bumbling about in mid-table with a lot of injuries, but starting to kick into gear as my tactics are not being tweaked so much and the players are understanding them better. Promotion is an outside possibility although a third-place finish looks more feasible. Here's hoping for a decent crop of youngsters in the next few days.

I'm now working on another project, English Islands, which I'm hoping to incorporate into this database as well. I think I've found a way to stop newly created nations joining European Championships and the club from playing European Football but it's still a work in progress.

EDIT:

After testing clubs do join European Cups so this will be a fantasy database

Cheers. Into February now. Been bumbling about in mid-table with a lot of injuries, but starting to kick into gear as my tactics are not being tweaked so much and the players are understanding them better. Promotion is an outside possibility although a third-place finish looks more feasible. Here's hoping for a decent crop of youngsters in the next few days.

When I wrote that I didn't realise the season finished so quickly! There were only 4 games to go - games where I avoided further injuries and kept clean sheets. Above me, Ringmer III, having lost only one game all season conspired to lose their last four, allowing me to squeeze home. Reckon I can storm level 22 next season! Sorry to see Leicester relegated on the last day.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your great work.

Been playing CM 97/98 and this edition I decided to start from lowest level.

Found your database is perfect!

But since I am newbie on this league level, I have some questions :

1) What actually the difference between database level 23 FA cup and not ?

2) At lowest level we can only play with Keymer and Hassocks?

3) All the player is grey in the level 23? and is it possible to change from amateur team to semi pro / pro when I climb up the pyramid?

really appreciate for the answer.

Sorry for my bad english and silly question!

Great job, Dan!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your great work.

Been playing CM 97/98 and this edition I decided to start from lowest level.

Found your database is perfect!

But since I am newbie on this league level, I have some questions :

1) What actually the difference between database level 23 FA cup and not ?

2) At lowest level we can only play with Keymer and Hassocks?

3) All the player is grey in the level 23? and is it possible to change from amateur team to semi pro / pro when I climb up the pyramid?

really appreciate for the answer.

Sorry for my bad english and silly question!

Great job, Dan!

I will try and answer your questions.

1) The FA Cup is in all the databases. I think the only difference between the two level 23 ones are one is a more updated version. The other databases only allow you to go down to level 10 & 11 respectively.

2) The reason you can only play Keymer & Hassocks at level 23 is the rest are reserve sides which you cannot play in the game.

3) The reason they are all grey is because no one researches players for the very low levels. To get players you need to select to have all playable teams to have players before you start a new game. There is a tick box to do this. Also the same for staff, though doesn't ensure managers are filled at clubs.

4) You should be given the option to turn semi pro when going up the leagues, though am not sure when.

Hope this helps.

It won't let me play this database, every time I try to load it it gives me an error message saying "Too many teams (24) requested from Isthmian League Premier Division (23 teams)"

Which database are you trying to download?

Only have one question. Since the second year my U21 and U18 teams get invited to the leagues, I accept the invitations, but in the end no fixtures appear for them. Any idea on that?

Got the same question; will my U21s and U18s be in a league? Went on holiday for a whole season to find out, but also in the second season they are not in any league. Only the clubs from the Vanarama National League North/Souh and above have their U21s and U18s in a league. I also found out that the promoted sides to this league will have their U21s and U18s in a league as soon as they got to this level.

Will this also happen to my club if I got promoted to the Vanarama National League South?

Because I don't got a problem with them not playing in a league right now, but want them to play in a league at some stage.

Edit: I'm playing in the 8th tier with Guernsey FC btw

Got the same question; will my U21s and U18s be in a league? Went on holiday for a whole season to find out, but also in the second season they are not in any league. Only the clubs from the Vanarama National League North/Souh and above have their U21s and U18s in a league. I also found out that the promoted sides to this league will have their U21s and U18s in a league as soon as they got to this level.

Will this also happen to my club if I got promoted to the Vanarama National League South?

Because I don't got a problem with them not playing in a league right now, but want them to play in a league at some stage.

Edit: I'm playing in the 8th tier with Guernsey FC btw

I haven't added any Under 21's/Under 18's leagues so I'm guessing as soon as you reach the original playable leagues then you would get fixtures. (In real life Guernsey don't have a Under 21's or Under 18's playing in English leagues)

I haven't added any Under 21's/Under 18's leagues so I'm guessing as soon as you reach the original playable leagues then you would get fixtures. (In real life Guernsey don't have a Under 21's or Under 18's playing in English leagues)

Thank you very much! Going to continue playing now :)

Dan although really really good I have noticed a few errors in the database (Plus it doesn't help Wiki isn't 100% updated below level 11) If you dont mind I might re-edit you current database and include every league down to level 23 you have missed a lot of league and got certain league rules wrong. Sorry to be picky but im going to enlarge it by a lot more if i can find all the correct info. This may take 2 - 4 months though. But thanks for the hard work you have done.

I'm starting a new challenge beginning at the bottom in which I will not buy or bring in any players. I will rely on the hapless squad I begin with and intakes from my academy only. Here's a general question for those starting this far down the system:

Given that all players are amateurs and thus not on contracts, how do you keep your promising players? Do you constantly lose them on frees or is it possible to build a squad at this level?

I'm starting a new challenge beginning at the bottom in which I will not buy or bring in any players. I will rely on the hapless squad I begin with and intakes from my academy only. Here's a general question for those starting this far down the system:

Given that all players are amateurs and thus not on contracts, how do you keep your promising players? Do you constantly lose them on frees or is it possible to build a squad at this level?

I think is going to be an extremely tough challenge the one you put to yourself. The problem is that there is no way to keep your players from leaving. What I have seen so far (7 seasons) is that every player who makes one or two good seasons will be approached by some club in higher league and go. Usually they get offers from semi-pro clubs that they offer them salaries. There are just so many leagues in the country that there are always teams looking for players that have stood out.

Having said that, best of luck for the new challemge...