Where to go next with my save?

Kvitty

First time poster, I'll get straight to the point, what do you guys do when you've achieved everything there is to achieve at your club?

I have multiple saves on the go but I decided to focus on my Spurs save, as I support them and I'm sick of us being rubbish in real life even though we're a PL club. Other saves I've worked up from the lower leagues etc.

I'm currently in 2023:

PL finishes - 8th/3rd/4th/2nd/1st/1st/1st/1st/1st

Champions league winners the past 5 seasons in a row

Won all domestic cups multiple times

All original team is left and I'm fully using regens I've scouted etc

Also richest club in the world, estimated 1.9bn worth.

Now this season to spice things up and/or drag the season out longer I've taken up the France job alongside the spurs job, but the national job seems particularly boring as I'm just doing the nations league.

What do you guys do to spice up a save that you're so far into?

Thanks

All up to individual preferences. For instance, I never start out at a top club as I would get bored with the save far too quickly. ;)

So in your case I would probabyl just start applying for available jobs and take whatever came along first...

I agree with both BoxToBox and Malicious Penguin. Finish the current season with Tottenham and make the whole team homegrown. Then resign and move to another country to try to complete the Pentagon/Hexagon challenge.

Also try new tactical systems other than your tried and true to keep things from being boring.

First time poster, I'll get straight to the point, what do you guys do when you've achieved everything there is to achieve at your club?

I have multiple saves on the go but I decided to focus on my Spurs save, as I support them and I'm sick of us being rubbish in real life even though we're a PL club. Other saves I've worked up from the lower leagues etc.

I'm currently in 2023:

PL finishes - 8th/3rd/4th/2nd/1st/1st/1st/1st/1st

Champions league winners the past 5 seasons in a row

Won all domestic cups multiple times

All original team is left and I'm fully using regens I've scouted etc

Also richest club in the world, estimated 1.9bn worth.

Now this season to spice things up and/or drag the season out longer I've taken up the France job alongside the spurs job, but the national job seems particularly boring as I'm just doing the nations league.

What do you guys do to spice up a save that you're so far into?

Thanks

Looks like most people are responding by giving you advice on what to do if you start a new game, which as you're not asking about that is pretty much useless!

So I'll try and give an actual answer to your question!

Personally when I've hit a point where my club is dominant I'll do one of two things:

1) Resign, apply for every job that is available and take the first one that is offered to me.

2) Implement some new rules for me to stick by.

For number 2 it could be anything that seems fun at the time, so ones I've done in the past include:

- Have my entire squad comprised of players from a certain country within 5 years. Last time I did this was with Sunderland when I decided to make my entire squad Dutch!

- No new signings, only use players that have come through my youth system to improve the team.

- Keep my squad average age under a particular value. Another I did with my Sunderland save where I didn't allow my squad average to go over 23.

- Implemented a wage cap. Took my current wage will, halved it, and gave myself 3 years to get my wage bill down to that new value and keep it there, regardless of how much success I had.

- No "star" players. So implementing a club wide policy about maximum wages, setting the highest wage I'm prepared to give any player and sticking to it. Means missing out on a lot of signings and having to sell a lot of players if they refuse to accept a wage that meets your limit.

Personally if I were you I'd go for number 2, think up a few self-imposed rules and stick to them.

Sounds like it's time to move on. No more empires to conquer. In my current (FM13) save, I turned a 2nd tier Norwegian club into the biggest side in Europe over a 20 year period, and then when I felt I'd had enough I decided to leave and try and do the same in Denmark. I'd recommend you resign, and then look for a Spurs-type club abroad, and try to repeat your work.

Archived