FM 16 - Control of Board Decision

With the new club creator, does the player gain full control over the 'board' decisions such as new stadiums, training facility expansions and the like.

Also, will there be more information given as to the costs and times for these upgrades (even during the typical 'ask the board' scenario), or in requesting these at the expense of wages or transfer budgets?

I cant see it happening that way. You will still be a manager and not a Chairman.

Most managers (at least at the top tiers) dont control transfers. Its so in the game because it makes it more fun. The OP excellent suggestion basically does the same thing. Like other aspects of the game you wouldnt be forced to use it.

Most managers (at least at the top tiers) dont control transfers. Its so in the game because it makes it more fun. The OP excellent suggestion basically does the same thing. Like other aspects of the game you wouldnt be forced to use it.

Whatever gives you that idea? You're meaning to tell me that Mourinho, Wenger and Van Gaal doesn't pick the players they want to buy? That's ridiculous. Now, sometimes a meddling chairman or club owner can go behind the backs of their managers and sign a player that they want, for some reason or other, but that is rare. It happens, but rarely. And I'm pretty sure managers would not have it if it occurred on a regular basis. If you mean that managers are often not directly in charge of negotiating contracts, wages and clauses and such, then you're more to the point.

Whatever gives you that idea? You're meaning to tell me that Mourinho, Wenger and Van Gaal doesn't pick the players they want to buy? That's ridiculous. Now, sometimes a meddling chairman or club owner can go behind the backs of their managers and sign a player that he want, for some reason or other, but that is rare. It happens, but rarely. If you mean that managers are often not directly in charge of negotiating contracts, then you're more to the point.

Heard of the Director of Football? At most clubs they make these decisions and the managers manage em on the pitch. FM is a game. Whatever makes the game the most enjoyable for the largest subset of players is a good thing.

Heard of the Director of Football?

I have, but even DoF's need to agree with the manager on what targets to go after. Anything else would be ridiculous. The DoF is there just to take that particular workload off the manager. I know he can be used to be the sole responsible for making bids and contracts in FM, without conferring with the manager first, but that's hardly how DoF's operate in the real world - with a few exceptions. Most managers would not be able to do their job properly if that final word was taken away from them.

I have, but even DoF's need to agree with the manager on what targets to go after. Anything else would be ridiculous. The DoF is there just to take that particular workload off the manager. I know he can be used to be the sole responsible for making bids and contracts in FM, without conferring with the manager first, but that's hardly how DoF's operate in the real world - with a few exceptions. Most managers would not be able to do their job properly if that final word was taken away from them.

Look at the Spain thread. At Real Madrid its the DoF who does all the transfers. A managers job in real life is to manage the players the team has. Train them..give them some tactical consistancy. Of course some managers are more powerful, but not many. And how wouldnt managers be able to not do their jobs if they couldnt control transfers? Managers are frankly too busy handling their own club and watching their next opponent to be able to watch many other matches. Its actually a smart move irl for clubs to hand this responsibility to a DoF.

I think this kind of a thing should added to the game.

For example after 20 years of managing, the game can allow us to buy a lower league club with the money which we earned in years. And so, the problem "what we do the money which we earned" will be solved..

Archived