Jumping reach

Yes it is true but the player's height is directly affecting the maximum jumping reach the player can have. While in theory (I believe) it's possible to have a 170cm player with 17 jumping reach it's extremely unlikely. The taller the player is the better jumping reach they can potentially get. Jumping reach is not the same thing as jumping power and if there was such an attribute as jumping power then in your example that 170cm guy would have a way higher jumping power than the taller guy.

Used to have this thread come up all the time when Tim Cahill was at Everton. You'd always see him out-jumping taller players and winning headers - people would then complain as his jumping reach was only about 10.

He did have amazing off the ball, anticipation and bravery (and 18+ in heading) which helped

Cahill's ability has always been more about getting into the right position & timing his jump to perfection.

More often than not he'd lose a 1v1 standing jump against a taller player, it's just that he rarely allowed himself to get caught in such a challenge.

Cahill's ability has always been more about getting into the right position & timing his jump to perfection.

More often than not he'd lose a 1v1 standing jump against a taller player, it's just that he rarely allowed himself to get caught in such a challenge.

Indeed! More of a "don't understand the game mechanics" i think for most people

tbf he was that good at it in his pomp that I'm not sure the ME ever had a chance of nailing his ability unless he was overrated in jumping reach or just jumping as it was back then.

Archived