Football Manager 2016 Announcement: Release Date and New Features #FM16

• Administrators

All the information about the forthcoming releases of Football Manager 2016, Football Manager Touch 2016 and Football Manager Mobile 2016 can be found via the new Football Manager Website right here - http://www.footballmanager.com

For information in regards to some of the features which were announced today on our website - http://www.footballmanager.com/football-manager-2016-key-features

The game is available to pre-order now here - https://www.humblebundle.com/gamepag...2016_gamepage/ or on Steam here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/378120/

Fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2016 will be rewarded with a download key for ‘An Alternative Reality: the Football Manager Documentary’. In addition, they will also enjoy access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date. Careers started in this Beta version will continue in the full game.

The release date of Football Manager 2016 will be November 13th.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great!

Havn't really find where to ask these questions, so I try in this thread and hope I´ll get a reply :) Things I hope is done in FM16:

1. Why have the reserve- and youth teams often played a friendly game 8th june?

2. At a new save, if I choose “Add players...”. Why doesn´t the game generate enough “newgens” so there is no grey players? Burnley ALWAYS get a third goalie which is grey.

3. Teams that havn´t got a team participating in a reserve- or youh league (Ex: Wycombe), why does the game generate friendly games for those teams? Often there is no players in the other squads, so why do they have friendlies to play?

4. Teams like Wycombe – why isn´t it possible in the editor to move players that are placed, as a default setting in the U21-team, to be be moved in the main squad before you start a new save?

5. Friendly games: Players in teams from Premier League are given shirt no. 1-11 from right to left. Why not their real shirt numbers? In FM14 at least the numbers were given to the “right position”. Rightwing had 7 and leftwing 11. The strikers worn 9 and 10 (in a 4-4-2 formation).

6. All players, exept in the Premier League has a shirt number, even though they don´t have one I the editor. Why is that? It first appeared in the last update of FM14 and continued to be so for FM15. Perhaps I don´t want my youth players to have numbers at all?

7. The list of iconfaces in the squad is no longer visuable. Will it be back for FM16?

8. In the training section – why can´t I decide what to train in the first week?

9. During a game you have the assistant manager given you information about players. “Noble is not used to....” Why can´t the assistant manager tell me that when I create a tactic or as a report card from the training, so I know that BEFORE I put all the settings for the players?

10. And the “fat” default kit. When was the last time a shirt looked like that? 96/97? Nowadays they are slim Smiley tongue

The 'Create a club' sounds fantastic, I can see myself buying the game for this option alone.

Go to the lowest league with a squad of 17 year olds which include myself and some mates and take them to the greatest heights.

Good stuff!

I want it to add a team from my local area to the lowest playable level of my countries league, going to brilliant.

Disappointed to be honest

Like the new game modes , Prozone looks good and some changes in the UI however

The new set piece system is just a UI revamp by the looks of it , is still inferior to last CM incarnation

New injuries, i really hope i am wrong and its not just an addition to existent ones ( witch we already could have in previous versions via database editing)

Further additions and updates include staff shortlisting, improved manager and staff movement, revised board requests, a revamp of board confidence, more contextual team talks, fully updated competition rules & squad information, an improved financial module, improved AI transfers and team selection, new social media features and many more – all of which combine to make Football Manager 2016 the most complete and immersive simulation of football management ever.

We have this setence every year with small changes , yet transfer system is still horrible for example amateur clubs asking 80M for young players , wen in real life they hardly recognize their own youth value and for SI so far considers this realistic ? seriously ?

So far none of the known features strikes me revolutionary or ground breaking , is just a small increase of features from previous versions and that is disappointing

You can do all of that in the editor now so I fail to see why this is a 'new' feature...

Not if you play FMC you can't.

Plus this will make it easier for those that haven't used or are not confident using the editor.

Tbh with the 'Create a Club' and the new set piece creator I think I am almost sold, sick of watching my guy blast it over the bar from 25 yards out. :)

Would be great to see a freekick you planned work perfect and hit the back of the net.

I am sure more announcements will be made that will make me pull the trigger this year.

I'm hoping a lot more has been done that hasn't been released yet, such as staff being useful. The stuff that's new is just not important to me at all and many other things could have been done. I certainly don't need more stats. You'll need a maths degree to play at this rate.

Up to now it looks like rehashed screens and a data update. Sadly so far I am disappointed and it looks like the 1st FM/CM I won't be buying. :(

Any way enough of the negativity and keeping my fingers crossed. :)

I think it's got potential

The fantasy draft has definitely made it more multiplayer friendly (or watchable) particularly with the integration of Twitch last year

The create a club looks good, but will wait to see for more details on it (rather than messing around in the editor)

Tactics screen looks painful, especially with the non-normal formations (442 works, but how about a 460? not going to be a lot of room there)

The bidding screen got a much needed UI improvement, now it's easier to see the clauses of a deal

Set piece creator still looks meh, it's still just a rehash of what we've currently gotten (I want more customisation - MR on the far side in case the corner is overhit?)

The new OI looks GREAT, provides a more realistic viewpoint for those newer players that don't really understand it

New stat menu looks good, but hopefully provides more depth for those other stats (top 10 goalscorers at your own club)

Analysis screen got a much needed overhaul, looks a lot better now than the 'excel'y format of before (click a player and see the stats)

Manager customisation?! Can't say that this is a big thing, but does provide more immersion (even if that screenshot guy looks derpy as heck)

Would like to see some stadium work, not sure that's the setup for the lower tiers (with the walkway coming up with a walkway beside it) - normally it's a walkway down from a concourse area

and nice as always to see the commentary not match up to the action (note the 57:58 screenshot, there's no interception going on there)

as for the post in #3, don't think you'll be able to create players with it, just create a shell of a club (i'll stand to be corrected, which is why I'm on the lookout for more information)

and also, with that release date - grown ups will have to choose whether to go trick-or-treating or playing FM16 beta = tough decisions :p

So far none of the known features strikes me revolutionary or ground breaking , is just a small increase of features from previous versions and that is disappointing

I would call the cross-platform thing both "revolutionary" and "ground-breaking". To me, being able to play the same save on different devices really is a huge change.

It cost the same as it has cost every year on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378120

Distinctly remember buying it for cheaper in the past.

Why pay for a game that will obv. need patches that won't be released until after Christmas - then it's cheaper to buy in the Jan sales anyway. Final patch Feb/March then it's even cheaper again.

I'll reserve my decision until the demo.

Why pay for a game that will obv. need patches that won't be released until after Christmas - then it's cheaper to buy in the Jan sales anyway. Final patch Feb/March then it's even cheaper again.

except that (right now) it's the same price for FM16 as it is for FM15

Distinctly remember buying it for cheaper in the past.

I'll reserve my decision until the demo.

If you don't buy it directly on Steam, you'll almost certainly be able to find it for cheaper around the internet. I don't think I've paid above £30 for it on release ever, usually from GMG.

Yes, it'll need patches, like every game, but the major ones will fall in the first couple of months. The only update after Christmas is the usual transfer window update, and I don't remember there being any major bug fixes in the past few of those.

I would call the cross-platform thing both "revolutionary" and "ground-breaking". To me, being able to play the same save on different devices really is a huge change.

Not that new, FMC was cross platform with the PS Vita the other year, and I'm sure some figured out how to load their FMC PC saves on to tablets earlier in this seasons life cycle.

I used to do this with my Vita, as I could do transfer windows on my PC(where it was much quicker because of screen size), then play the seasons on the go. Was great until the Steam cloud thing muggled my saves.

All the information about the forthcoming releases of Football Manager 2016, Football Manager Touch 2016 and Football Manager Mobile 2016 can be found via the new Football Manager Website right here - http://www.footballmanager.com

For information in regards to some of the features which were announced today via @FootballManager on Twitter please read here - http://www.footballmanager.com/football-manager-2016-key-features

The game is available to pre-order now here - https://www.humblebundle.com/gamepag...2016_gamepage/ or on Steam here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/378120/

Fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2016 will be rewarded with a download key for ‘An Alternative Reality: the Football Manager Documentary’. In addition, they will also enjoy access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date. Careers started in this Beta version will continue in the full game.

The release date of Football Manager 2016 will be November 13th.

I can't find any information, about how the ME, has been handled or/if improved..., I know a lot of people who believe this ME used in 13, 14 and 15 is not good enough, and with too many errors. Has there been huge changes there, and can there be some kind of reference to it? It has in times been to unrealistic, and has moved many people, who was/is BIG FM fans, to a heartbreak in teams of contentiousness use of FM in the new games...

So what has been done to the Match Engine?

Hi Miles! I was hoping, that you has made a video like last year, when you announced the game. I think the announcement was like a thin cup of tea. I was very disappointed, because I could have used more information about the new features.

Tactis screen and graphics ih awfull...ugly..my opinion is that they should concentrate on match engine rather then roof of stadium (all with same corrosion), manager look, cross like ronaldo (leg behind leg cross). Match engine is most important thing that all players need. We are 3 years now without real match engine. this is shame

Tactis screen and graphics ih awfull...ugly..my opinion is that they should concentrate on match engine rather then roof of stadium (all with same corrosion), manager look, cross like ronaldo (leg behind leg cross). Match engine is most important thing that all players need. We are 3 years now without real match engine. this is shame

The Match Engine has been worked on and is continuing to be worked on. Don't assume that work isn't being done there just because it wasn't reported in the features released, and also don't assume that just because new features are added that less work is done on core things such as the Match Engine. Oh, and perhaps also don't assume that FM12 was as good as you think :):brock:

There was a bit of news on Miles' Twitter:

As part of the injury revamp announced yesterday - player insurance is in FM16. So when players get injured, their salaries are insured.

Well, at least it adds a bit more realism. But for me it is another "meh" feature. Maybe seeing working on the game, is an interesting feature... lets just see.

The Create Club edition will make the editing bit a bit better for me - very time consuming so fingers crossed this will be a better experience.

The Set Piece Creator - AT LAST! no more will they all shoot and miss the target - variety!

New options on the team talks - are you able to confirm whether the Half Time talk will include "I am pleased, keep it up" as the only option available in FM15 is "very pleased" which is not what I want to convey.

New options of Chats with Board has promise as does talking to the press

Notice the "Retain Coaches" option - is that starting a new game? Is it possible that only those loyal to the previous manager leave so that we are not left high and dry with no staff when taking the job?

Transfer system, Loan System will wait to hear.

Don't know about other countries but in Russia last year I bought FM 15.10.2014 for 999RUB and now it cost 1900RUB. Sure there was big exchange rate drop, but not that much. And taking into account that salary wasn't raised much - it looks very expensive.

And considering mostly disappointing main features I think I'll pass this one at least untill sale.

will wait until others beta test the game this time, hope there isnt the several patch scenario which has become the accepted norm now, hoping the game/editor is thoroughly tested before release

any news on the editor features, will we be able to extract to .xml format etc are long standing bugs resolved

(have pre ordered every version so far but won't this year at this price)

Please Please Please Please!!! On tactics screen, when we click on a player on the pitch, on rule and duty part first comes the 'description' and every time we have to click 'important attributes' to see if that role and duty is good for him. Please let us see the 'important attributes' first which is much more important than the description. Just imagine after a transfer window you have to check again and again on every player, it is exhausting! Please please! It was the only thing it bothered me a lot in FM2015!

will wait until others beta test the game this time, hope there isnt the several patch scenario which has become the accepted norm now, hoping the game/editor is thoroughly tested before release

any news on the editor features, will we be able to extract to .xml format etc are long standing bugs resolved

(have pre ordered every version so far but won't this year at this price)

It will be thoroughly tested, as it always is, and there will always be bugs. There will be several patches, but probably no more or less than they've had on every single release they have ever done. If you expect any of that to be different, you're going to be disappointed. That's just how it is with software development.

The editor will be interesting though. Wonder how much work they've put into it. Doubt it'll be too much, but maybe surprised.

The fantasy draft is great.

We were doing this like 10 years.

Me and my friends are about 18 persons.

Each year we picked one league (2007-England PL; 2008 France Ligue 1; 2009 Italy Seria A; 2010 Germany Bundesliga; 2011, England Championship; 2012 France Ligue 2; 2013 Spain La Liga; 2014 England PL; 2015 Italy Serie B)

And we completed one season in 4 days.(we gathered together one place with 18 laptops every cristhmas)

Now i saw The Fantasy draft and i felt like the dream come true for us,

until i saw it was limited 6 teams in mini league option:(:(:(

I AM ASKING YOU...

WOULD YOU PLEASE INCREASE THE NUMBER OF TEAMS UP TO 20 OR MORE IN LEAGUE OPTION OF THE FANTASY DRAFT.

IT WOULD BE PERFECT.

AT LEAST WE EXPECTING IT WOULD BE AVIABLE IN FM2017.

I thought the fantasy draft would allow to create a league with 32 teams, but gucitaner post made to look closely to the screenshot, it is limited for 6 teams. Bummer... the community league I was thinking about doing, has to be a lot smaller.

I thought the fantasy draft would allow to create a league with 32 teams, but gucitaner post made to look closely to the screenshot, it is limited for 6 teams. Bummer... the community league I was thinking about doing, has to be a lot smaller.

It seems that way, yes. 32 teams for a knockout and 6 for a mini-league. The screenshot released confirms this.

yeah its 32 for for knockout structure and 6 for league structure, hes asked miles on twitter its limited cause the numbers are based on technical testing and peer-to-peer network capabilities.

Is the "create a club" mode available in online play? My cousin and I are currently playing a longtime save in fm14 (year 2059 and counting) and have finally decided to start a new game when FM16 comes out. Currently thinking of managing the two Milan teams, but to create our own teams would be epic.

Archived