Help and thoughts needed please

Purchasing a new laptop and have come across this laptop. I ideally would like a Apple laptop.

Has anybody any experiences with this laptop whilst playing FM? Would it be capable of running FM with a large database and good 3D graphics etc?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated as not really up to speed with computer technology.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/apple-macbook-air-11-6-10118359-pdt.html

Thanks again chaps and apologies if this is in the wrong forum section.

Purchasing a new laptop and have come across this laptop. I ideally would like a Apple laptop.

Has anybody any experiences with this laptop whilst playing FM? Would it be capable of running FM with a large database and good 3D graphics etc?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated as not really up to speed with computer technology.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/apple-macbook-air-11-6-10118359-pdt.html

Thanks again chaps and apologies if this is in the wrong forum section.

1) Never, ever buy a laptop from Currys or PC World.

2) Would that spec of Macbook Air run FM? Yes it would but it wouldn't do it very well. A relatively low end i5, only 4GB of RAM and the Macbook Air is designed with passive cooling, which means that it has no cooling fans and as such it overheats very quickly under any kind of heavy workload, for example playing FM. You'd very quickly have a laptop that's burning hot and that shuts itself down to avoid any heat related damage.

3) If you go for a Mac rather than a windows based laptop you will get more bang for your buck, however if you've got your mind set on getting a Mac then I'm not going to try and convince you to change your mind.

4) Your best bet by far would be to forget about the Macbook Air and instead get yourself a Macbook Pro. If you want to buy new you'll be looking at around £200 more than for the one you linked to but you'll get a laptop that is more powerful, runs much cooler, and will run FM a hell of a lot better than the Air will. The only downside is that they're a bit thicker and heavier than the Air, but that's not exactly a problem for 99.9% of people.

Hope that helps.

Archived