Julio Arca

cel1234

Julio Arca has joined South Shields in the Northern League http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/safc-match-analysis/sunderland-legend-julio-arca-joined-at-south-shields-by-ex-cat-ryan-noble-1-7445623

Just wondering what CA and PA you would give him as he isn't in the database as he retired in 2013.

The PA is set in two ways either the potential a player has when it is a player who has yet to reach his potential, or at the peak CA the player reached before he started to regress. So that is probably why Arca should have 130 as PA if he was that good at his peak.

Not strictly true. He could of reached a higher ability if not for club situations/injuries/bad luck etc. Who knows, I've never taken a course in Julio Arca studies. :cool: It's not just a static figure of what he was at his "best" now we know he is on the slippery slope towards retirement (or re-retirement in this case!).

I would say 130 does seem about right though.

Fair enough. Still, what is the point of him having a higher PA? At 34, he is certainly only going to go downhill physically and chances are he won't evolve any more technically either. He might improve the odd mental attribute or two a notch, I guess...

Not strictly true. He could of reached a higher ability if not for club situations/injuries/bad luck etc. Who knows, I've never taken a course in Julio Arca studies. :cool: It's not just a static figure of what he was at his "best" now we know he is on the slippery slope towards retirement (or re-retirement in this case!).

I would say 130 does seem about right though.

Excactly what I said if he was at his best in the playing career a 130 CA player then that's the figure should be when he starts to regress. This is the way the research guidelines are set. It doesn't matter what he could have been if not for injuries, club choice etc, it is about what CA he peaked at before the regress started..

Archived