Italy serie A

Hello

I have started a new game with AS Roma in Serie A. I have a few questions about the league and the finances. How is the tv money setup in Italy in football manager? how much do you get? How much is the prize money in Serie A?

Also noticed that I only have one sponsorship(kit sponsor) with Roma, in the other leagues I have managed the teams always have at least a kit sponsorship and one general sponsorship. Is this a bug when I only have one sponsorship? Planning to take AS Roma to domination in europe but I find it hard with so little money.

You can find the prize money in the "Rules" section of the league. So if you go to your league table and then where it says "Overview" You can click there and a drop down menu will appear. Select rules and the prize money breakdown will appear. As for sponsorship. It could be possible that was all Roma had set in place at the time. These normally get negotiated and announced before the start of every season. So if you played this season they should be announced before the start of the next season, I've had it before like that but it was small teams not someone as big as Roma.

The division of TV money in Serie A is rather convoluted.

http://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2015/2/20/8063543/television-revenue-and-distribution-in-the-top-european-leagues - Compares TV income across the big 5 European Leagues

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/tv-revenue-distribution-%E2%80%93-comparing-italian-and-english-models - Provides more detail on how the money is shared out

Sponsorship income at Roma will be based on data provided by the Italian research team, as the game progresses you might find that your commercial income increases if you become more successful but in the short term finances are tough in Serie A & you'll probably need to look adopt a buy low, sell high business model or hope that you do significantly better than the other Italian sides in the Champions League.

I can't think of any figures off the top of my head, but in my save with Roma (10 seasons+) money has never been a concern. By 5-6 seasons managing them I was having trouble spending my transfer budget each season and now it's reached the point where I have over 100million available to me and no real requirements for my squad.

Archived