What's your favourite minor thing about FM?

I'm interested to know what everyones favourite little thing is in FM. I don't mean getting a conference side to the prem or leading your local team to champions league glory, those are a given, I mean the minor things that make the game more enjoyable.

As a lower league manager, my favourite thing is watching how far the star players fall. In my second season I saw Bobby Zamora playing for Luton in the conference, 4th season Aaron Lennon at chesterfield and Wayne Rooney at Barnsley. The best was on a friend's save, where Ozil was playing for Sheffield Wednesday. It's things like that that make the game great for me.

Playing the CL final with Arsenal, and went to extra time with Real Madrid. At second half kick off, bale shoots straight from the kick off and lobs my keeper.

I wanted to cry!! Ended up winning anyway, and a bit after I was just impressed that the ME could come up with that! Never seen it before. Imagine it happening in real life!

As a lower league manager, my favourite thing is watching how far the star players fall.

For me it's kind of the same but with clubs, seeing more or less unrealistic things happening when you get a bit into the future. Like Liverpool being relegated to the Championship (well nigh impossible IRL) or Bolton ending up in the Conference North (this actually happened on one of my saves).

I like seeing what happens to players when they retire. Some crazy jobs. Joe Cole has been manager of some semi-pro non league side on my save for years now. Joey Barton had a few lower league manager jobs. Steven Gerrard currently 2nd in the Championship as Middlesboro manager.

I love bringing in players with amazing goal scoring records from Level 9 and level 10 in England. Giving them a chance in my reserves then 1st team. I love only signing players from non pro backgrounds. Im always Barnet and only bring players thru from my youth team or sign ex players or future players in real life. Aslong as they have played for the club at some point in real life I use them. Makes the game a lot harder. I never sign players who have played pro football. The older versions of the game were easier. Fm 10 and 12 im on about. So making rules like this has made it a bit harder for me to get the team up On Fm 10 tho iv got Barnet from conference up to Championship. In 6th season now. about 7th place after 25 games. I also love only signing players iv managed in real life who are in the game, so funny ;) occationslly message them on fb and tell them off. ;)

Playing the CL final with Arsenal, and went to extra time with Real Madrid. At second half kick off, bale shoots straight from the kick off and lobs my keeper.

I wanted to cry!! Ended up winning anyway, and a bit after I was just impressed that the ME could come up with that! Never seen it before. Imagine it happening in real life!

Arsenal in a European final, keeper being lobbed from the halfway line? Ever heard of Nayim?

Successfully convincing someone to sack their agent ("they're not doing what's best for you") after said agent demands an improved deal for the player from me. It makes me feel like an evil overlord and I've actually cackled quite a bit one time just for the effect.

Archived