The player you buy on every new save!

I try to avoid this, as it makes each save similar, but in the past few saves on FM15 I've signed Gabriel Barbosa and Lucas Romero (for Real Madrid, Arsenal and Dortmund). Both have great potential (and become world class players if luck is in your favour) and are dirt cheap.

I always sign players I have managed in real life if possible. Nicky Nicolau, Jabo Ibehre,(Currently the top scorer IRL in England maybe Europe at the moment) ;)

Donervan Daniels, Stephen O'Hara, Alfie Potter, Raphael Sylvester(not in fm15 tho) and Theres a few others. But these the main ones. Always fun and great sense of pride when you sign them ;)

I always sign players I have managed in real life if possible. Nicky Nicolau, Jabo Ibehre,(Currently the top scorer IRL in England maybe Europe at the moment) ;)

Donervan Daniels, Stephen O'Hara, Alfie Potter, Raphael Sylvester(not in fm15 tho) and Theres a few others. But these the main ones. Always fun and great sense of pride when you sign them ;)

Hmmm' Which real life manager are you then? Or have we got a ''Secret Footballer'' style challenge on working out who you are?

If i go a english prem team and they dont have a very good left back i will always sell them and sign leighton baines, absolutely fantastic player and offers so much to whatever team he plays for.

I also have a soft spot for richario zivkovic, since he fits my fast direct attacking football i tend to get my teams to play.

Hmmm' Which real life manager are you then? Or have we got a ''Secret Footballer'' style challenge on working out who you are?

Im not a real life manager. I coached them when they played for me at youth level.

I should be on the game but due to my age decided to enjoy my youth and adult life. ;)

Maybe on FM 2020 or 2025 I will make an appearance. ;) Im still only 37. Been coaching managing since I was 15 till age 33.

I always start lower league, conference or league 2, in the past i used to sign Chris Templeman from Falkirk as he consistently scored 20+ goals each season. In fact Falkirk always seemed to have a number of good lower league players no idea why.

Never understood buying the same players, whats the point in a new save if you fill the team with the same players?

Anyway I try never to buy the same player twice and thats not even save to save, thats version to version. I can probably count on one hand the times I've had the same player in two different teams on any version.

Antonio Candreva from Lazio. Hes an AMR but I tend to play him as an IF. Assists and goals left right centre. I get massive bids for him and dont sell him. Once I did make the mistake of selling him to Real Madrid and they ruined him

Vincent AbouBakar. One of the best strikers in the game imo. The guy is a monster if you play him as an advanced forward and bullys defenders for fun

Alex Grimaldo from Barcelona B - Play him as a back up and give him cup and the odd CL games and hes another who bombs forward and provides assists for fun. Couldnt drop him in my Barca save and Jordi Alba ended up leaving.

Lucas Romero and Matias Kranevitter - out of these two Romero ends up establishing himself and Kranevitter always ends up kicking up a fuss and leaving

The likes of Barbosa and Sule are talented players but dont seem to perform for me

I try to not use the search function to find certain players. I let my scouts do the work and then I might search within their reports for someone that could be interesting.

Everytime I do search for a player that I know from real life or heard about on the forums, while he will be good, it keeps things uninteresting.

If you let your scouts do the work, you end up finding different players, and many gems.

Archived