FM16 Features?

Some of us play the game for long hours and after some time, the game becomes boring because all real players quit football. After 15 years in the game we start to play with regens only.

Suggestion: We, as managers, must have the freedom to quit managing and just as the players who quit playing and start managing, we should quit managing and start ruling clubs as charimans. I hear you saying "this is football manager, we are playing to manage" but believe me the game experience will enhance further with this new aspect.

We sign contract with clubs and earn "virtual money" from our clubs. But where all this money goes? We stock A LOT of money after 10-11 years in the game. We should be able to spend our money on a small lower league club. And try to make OUR OWN club the best in the world. This way we can play the same save for at least 40-45 seasons.

This way, we'll have chance to transfer players as well as managers, negotiate with agents and sponsors, expand the stadium (seat by seat), match tickets, relations with players, managers, federations etc...

Imagine you are offering a villa to a player in addition to his wage, or an X5 for example. Imagine you choose a manager and pressure him to play in your preffered formation or your favorite player.

These new features will definetely make people play the game for hours and hours.

Dynamic Media Punditry.

Good players becoming gob***** pundits or dull as dishwater or one Football League journeyman becoming the go to guy on anything below the top division. It doesn't matter if you've managed in the football league for ten years this guy had brief playing spells at Ipswich, Colchester and Burton. Your tactics are ***** coz you won't play in the way he used to and he'll let everybody know it.

Please?

I want "screwed up transfers" feature. Especially I want to enter details in TMS while clock is ticking, and if the clock hits midnight transfer doesn't go through.

I also want a feature to write a post on official club website explaining why transfer failed, in ten bullet points.

And I want a player to be able to change his mood to "Very happy" if he is very religious and decides that all problems are sign of God.

Some of us play the game for long hours and after some time, the game becomes boring because all real players quit football. After 15 years in the game we start to play with regens only.

A lot of people say it gets boring when real players retire and the game is filled with newgens. I really don't get that at all. It implies that people are fans of players rather than the game of football itself. I couldn't care less about a single football player, I watch football purely because I love the game. I mean, of all the real players in the game, how many does one actually know of? I barely know any players throughout my management careers on FM because I haven't got a clue who plays for teams in Singapore or the Dutch second division or even half the teams in major leagues.

Anyway, I know everyone is different but I had to put in my two cents :D

Suggestion: We, as managers, must have the freedom to quit managing and just as the players who quit playing and start managing, we should quit managing and start ruling clubs as charimans. I hear you saying "this is football manager, we are playing to manage" but believe me the game experience will enhance further with this new aspect.

We sign contract with clubs and earn "virtual money" from our clubs. But where all this money goes? We stock A LOT of money after 10-11 years in the game. We should be able to spend our money on a small lower league club. And try to make OUR OWN club the best in the world. This way we can play the same save for at least 40-45 seasons.

This way, we'll have chance to transfer players as well as managers, negotiate with agents and sponsors, expand the stadium (seat by seat), match tickets, relations with players, managers, federations etc...

Imagine you are offering a villa to a player in addition to his wage, or an X5 for example. Imagine you choose a manager and pressure him to play in your preffered formation or your favorite player.

These new features will definetely make people play the game for hours and hours.

For me, the game only gets interesting when real players have retired and I'm left with my own team of newgens.

Also, the chairman mode would be ridiculously boring. Day one, you hire a manager, approve a stadium expansion, negotiate with agents/sponsors (just as boring as contracts for staff). Hit continue.

Day 2 - hit continue.

Day 3 to day 365 - hit continue.

Seriously, what else would you do other than hit continue for at least a year at a time? You won't have many player interactions, you won't be having a hand in tactics or buying players. If you do these things, then why not just be the manager?

If you really think about what you will do on a day-to-day basis, it would be the most boring game in the history of the World.

I think the marketing for this game should begin sooner so it can attract more customers. In this way things will never improve and we will get FM 16 updated to 17,18, etc...

It's just a personal opinion since this series has no serious rival in this genre, a luxury many other companies can't afford.

I would like FMC to have the same UI as the full game. It gets on my nerves fiddling with tactics/training etc but I hate the FMC interface.

That's more of a wishlist post - but bear in mind that FMC is intended to be a less cluttered game format so if you want to reinstate additional UI clutter, you're probably going to need a more compelling argument :)

I agree. New season has started all over Europe, people want football so madly.. And we don't have any sort of teaser.

It would be the best time now to hype things up

The game will sell regardless of when they start advertising it.

Have to agree. FM has saturated the market, a market which they are both the market leader and pretty much the only player in town. 99% of people that would be interested in buying such a game, will already know about FM. The other 1% will come on board once they start their marketing, which will be once, you know, they actually have a finished game to market. They'll start when they're ready.

And does running some banner ads or releasing a cringey TV ad really make much difference in the long run? No. What the game is actually going to offer is far more important, which isn't available yet.

Yes, but since they are market leaders they should take more risks and invest some more in either features or marketing, with so many football fans around the world.

Right now I have the impression that SI as a developer is stagnating and becoming complacent without any real contender. They just do the same every single year and expect to be the best. It's like the scottish championship with Celtic winning the title every year. :D

Right now I have the impression that SI as a developer is stagnating and becoming complacent without any real contender. They just do the same every single year and expect to be the best. It's like the scottish championship with Celtic winning the title every year. :D

Impressions are rarely true and it is rude to insinuate that SI are stagnating and / or becoming complacent. You clearly don't understand or appreciate just how much work goes on at SI to make the game if you think it is just the same every single year.

Not what I meant. I am sure that they are working hard but it doesn't seem to me that the company is having much more visibility or game world recognition than it had 5 years ago.

It has nothing to to with how hard they are working.

Not what I meant. I am sure that they are working hard but it doesn't seem to me that the company is having much more visibility or game world recognition than it had 5 years ago.

It has nothing to to with how hard they are working.

There's only so much you can do in a niche market. In the grand scheme of video games - which are a niche market in themselves still, despite the billions in profits - they're tiny, and the vast, vast majority of people who are interested in games will give FM no more of a shrug.

As Kenco says, they're more visible to the average person than they ever have been with the (admittedly tragic) tie-ins with Sky Sports, BBC etc. There's more advertising than there used to be too.

What exactly do you want them to do out of interest?

For me, the whole experience is stagnating. I start off really enthusiastic, trying to set my tactics and signing a few players etc. I just find it too difficult to work out the tactics. There are SO many variables it's impossible to know what's going right and wrong without spending an age reading the tactics forum or watching full matches. I just CBA as soon as I start getting beat :D

I don't know what would keep me interested tbh, although I'll probably still buy it :D

For me, the whole experience is stagnating. I start off really enthusiastic, trying to set my tactics and signing a few players etc. I just find it too difficult to work out the tactics. There are SO many variables it's impossible to know what's going right and wrong without spending an age reading the tactics forum or watching full matches. I just CBA as soon as I start getting beat :D

I don't know what would keep me interested tbh, although I'll probably still buy it :D

What you want then is someone to give you the tactic that has been known to find flaws in the game. You cannot be bothered to watch a game to work it out and you cannot be bothered to read the forum to find it or what to look for in players to fit a tactic. Why don't you buy the game, send it to me and i'll play it for you!

What you want then is someone to give you the tactic that has been known to find flaws in the game. You cannot be bothered to watch a game to work it out and you cannot be bothered to read the forum to find it or what to look for in players to fit a tactic. Why don't you buy the game, send it to me and i'll play it for you!

Or what he wants is for the tactical side of the game to become more user friendly, and that right now the relationships between formation, roles, shape, mentality, player/team instructions etc are unnecessarily inaccessible- it is a difficulty of FM the game, not of being a football manager. Something can be complex without being obtuse, and it is an area of the game that does need work.

Or what he wants is for the tactical side of the game to become more user friendly, and that right now the relationships between formation, roles, shape, mentality, player/team instructions etc are unnecessarily inaccessible. Something can be complex without being obtuse, and it is an area of the game that does need work.

Its hardly complicated is it.

Compared to the previous sliders its like a baby toy rather than quantum mechanics ffs.

The bottom line is he just can't be arsed to put any effort in and like many others just want it handed to him on a plate.

Compared to the previous sliders its like a baby toy rather than quantum mechanics ffs.

The bottom line is he just can't be arsed to put any effort in and like many others just want it handed to him on a plate.

Where, in the game, is there any suggestion that (to take one example), having four defenders on a defend duty is a bad idea? You can watch a game, realise something's wrong, and if your understanding of what a "duty" means in FM is lacking, still not realise that's the problem.

Where, in the game, is there an explanation of what telling a player to be an "Enganche" does, as opposed to, say, an "Attacking Midfielder" or an "Advanced Playmaker"? Where is there any clue as to how that role in that position fits into the jigsaw of your current tactic? Where is the suggestion of that role's positioning and movement (or at least the role's intentions, taking into account the player's own free will)? The roles are vague terms that are given strict definitions by FM, which are then not communicated to the player- telling them to be a Limited Defender means something to the game. WHAT is that something, as opposed to picking one of the other options in that postition?

Where, in the game, is the feedback from your fellow staff members to help suggest what is going wrong, if and when things do? They are supposed to be real people- they should be seeing the problems with the tactical setup to some extent even if the manager is blind to it.

I've never touched a slider in my life, and I'm far from calling for their return. But the fact remains that the current tactical interface of the game is a powerful tool with virtually no instruction or guidance on how to use it effectively, which ultimately in turn bears little resemblance to real football.

Where, in the game, is there any suggestion that (to take one example), having four defenders on a defend duty is a bad idea? You can watch a game, realise something's wrong, and if your understanding of what a "duty" means in FM is lacking, still not realise that's the problem.

Basic common sense should tell you its a bad idea never mind anyone who has played football at any organised level IRL.

Aside from that though how much hand holding should FM do? Users have to be allowed to make bad decisions.

Although one thing I have been vocal about in the past is calling the duties defend, support, attack as this can lead to misunderstanding. I have no problem with users having that part cleared up and to a certain extent it is via the pop up explanations of the roles.

Where, in the game, is there an explanation of what telling a player to be an "Enganche" does, as opposed to, say, an "Attacking Midfielder" or an "Advanced Playmaker"? Where is there any clue as to how that role in that position fits into the jigsaw of your current tactic? Where is the suggestion of that role's positioning and movement (or at least the role's intentions, taking into account the player's own free will)? The roles are vague terms that are given strict definitions by FM, which are then not communicated to the player- telling them to be a Limited Defender means something to the game. WHAT is that something, as opposed to picking one of the other options in that postition?

Each role & duty has a pop up explaining it.

Again I have no issue with that being expanded on if needed.

Where, in the game, is the feedback from your fellow staff members to help suggest what is going wrong, if and when things do? They are supposed to be real people- they should be seeing the problems with the tactical setup to some extent even if the manager is blind to it.

My opinion is that the AI simply isn't advanced enough to give good feedback from the staff on tactical issues.

Sure improvement is good in this area and good feedback is what SI should aim for but as it stands its simply not advanced enough.

I've never touched a slider in my life, and I'm far from calling for their return. But the fact remains that the current tactical interface of the game is a powerful tool with virtually no instruction or guidance on how to use it effectively, which ultimately in turn bears little resemblance to real football.

I'm not sure SI are interested in going down the spoon feeding route tbh. In the past they have always pushed for users to explore and work things out for themselves.

They give you the tools but you need to work out how to best use them which in essence how games should work rather than the walkthrough guide generation that has developed over the last 20 years.

Have to agree. FM has saturated the market, a market which they are both the market leader and pretty much the only player in town. 99% of people that would be interested in buying such a game, will already know about FM. The other 1% will come on board once they start their marketing, which will be once, you know, they actually have a finished game to market. They'll start when they're ready.

And does running some banner ads or releasing a cringey TV ad really make much difference in the long run? No. What the game is actually going to offer is far more important, which isn't available yet.

I don't believe they even nearly saturated the market. There are way more football fans than FM players, and many of those never tried management games. So FM can get them with good marketing

I don't believe they even nearly saturated the market. There are way more football fans than FM players, and many of those never tried management games. So FM can get them with good marketing

And there are plenty of football fans who don't want to delve into the murky world of football manager. The two don't go hand in hand. Most will just want a game like FIFA.

I'd wager that in the venn diagram of people who like football, and people who like playing video games, the vast majority of the set that meet in the middle know about FM. You're probably right about some football fans never trying management games, but it's probably because they don't want to. Is a cringey TV advert going to change their mind?

Couldn't be more wrong. If I wanted just to win without trying I would download a one of Rosler's tactics from the forum. I want to be able to just enjoy it like CM0102 - playing that I didn't mind losing as it wasn't so difficult to understand why. I find it really tedious now.

I admit I don't have the time these days to spend hours per day on it, which is why I like the idea of FMC, but it would be nice to have an FMC that looked and felt like the full game, rather than it being like a comic book.

And what's really annoying is that you see some users saying it's too easy - just winning playing basic formations and a couple of team instructions. That never bloody works for me :D

And there are plenty of football fans who don't want to delve into the murky world of football manager. The two don't go hand in hand. Most will just want a game like FIFA.

I'd wager that in the venn diagram of people who like football, and people who like playing video games, the vast majority of the set that meet in the middle know about FM. You're probably right about some football fans never trying management games, but it's probably because they don't want to. Is a cringey TV advert going to change their mind?

FM is still seen as a bit of a nerdy game due it's stat, spreadsheet, no action early days origins, but at the same time has opened up the world of Football too the ''statto'', nerdy type computer players who never had an interest in the Football when I was a lad, and would generally shun playing and attending any sport in favour of computer programming, Playing the Violin or politics- Think Adrian Mole-

Very few ''geeks'' who shunned anything like physical exertion such as Football, a fight, or who were intimidated by them would attend a Football match before CM early as the 80's violence was very real, exciting at times and very intimidating and not something you only ever see in a Danny Dyer film or ''Bob the bashers hardest hooligan'' book.

I wouldn't be surprised if CM's creators were among the first few ''computer types'' to attend Football. Then CM in turn attracted the ''Anorak type football fan, the Program collector'' who obsessed with sticker albums (this is me probably although I preferred manager games with video action to CM) who liked the in-depth building of stats/strategies you could develop in a CM/FM game.

And do you ever see Professional players playing FM when around their mates for a ''442''or ''Football Focus'' interview photo shoot? It's almost always FIFA.

FM's getting there but not quite yet. You can almost tell who got into Football by playing FM and those who became a fan through playing the game for real and attending it.

I believe the increased emphasis on watching a a match to decide your tactical approach, with more player/manager interaction and personal side to the game is attracting more Players from outside the Old ''CM gamer'' world due to it becoming more and more like watching a Football Match. People who like Football for the show rather than the stats are finding FM easier to understand and would never have got into a load of text and stats only game.

Perhaps FM becoming more Football match orientated with descriptions of the player instructions rather than a slider to move slightly back or forward that would never be seen IRL football is why some who prefer stats & building finances are starting to leave FM. But I for one am preferring FM heading in it's current direction and away from a spreadsheet show and into a Football game.

wait a minute! i was reading adrian mole AND playimg FM often in same time period. what does that make me? nerd manager?

Did you play computer games that were an a PC or Console? If it was PC then yes you were a Nerd. Reading A Mole was OK being like him well?? I always think he could be Ed Miliband.

Archived