Which league would you choose?

If you could choose any league not currently in FM to be added to the game straight out the box what would it be?

I would choose the next stage down of the English pyramid system and possibly the Welsh second tier.

Level 7-9 English football. I know that the English system is already deep, despite beeing Italian/Belgian there is nothing as immersive for me than having a realistic entry point in the game.

Don't really care about accurate players at that level, more about league structure and cups.

Level 7-9 English football. I know that the English system is already deep, despite beeing Italian/Belgian there is nothing as immersive for me than having a realistic entry point in the game.

Don't really care about accurate players at that level, more about league structure and cups.

I agree with you, but to do this they will have to have an overhaul of the ancient attribute system which doesn't seem to have changed since the beginning. 1-20 in attributes doesn't hack it, if you are playing in countries with poor standards of football or going down the leagues.

I agree with you, but to do this they will have to have an overhaul of the ancient attribute system which doesn't seem to have changed since the beginning. 1-20 in attributes doesn't hack it, if you are playing in countries with poor standards of football or going down the leagues.

Attributes are technically 1-200, they get represented as 0.1 - 20.0, as users we only see before the decimal point as a 0.1 difference is insignificant.

Attributes are technically 1-200, they get represented as 0.1 - 20.0, as users we only see before the decimal point as a 0.1 difference is insignificant.

They don't work if you play down the leagues. There have been a lot of good mods over the last few years playing in the lower leagues, but all lack any challenge due to the game not being able to take account of the quality of players at this level, due to the attribute system not being wide enough. When the system was implemented it only went down to the English 4th Division, & probably never envisaged playing right down the lower leagues & countries like Wales, India, NI etc. It has never changed since.

They don't work if you play down the leagues. There have been a lot of good mods over the last few years playing in the lower leagues, but all lack any challenge due to the game not being able to take account of the quality of players at this level, due to the attribute system not being wide enough. When the system was implemented it only went down to the English 4th Division, & probably never envisaged playing right down the lower leagues & countries like Wales, India, NI etc. It has never changed since.

They work as far down as SI design the game for.

The difference between a player at level 7-10 of the pyramid and one at level 5/6 is fairly minimal anyway IRL.

Time for a change then considering the popularity of these mods and how easy it's going to be to add them. I suppose that Gibraltar will suffer from the same issue?

They work as far down as SI design the game for.

The difference between a player at level 7-10 of the pyramid and one at level 5/6 is fairly minimal anyway IRL.

I dispute they don't work. The level of Football in the 1st/2nd NI divisions & Indian to name three, would be right down to the level of the lower leagues of the English pyramid. Also, although the level in real life is maybe minimal, SI have admitted the game is not designed to be played that low, so obviously there is an issue there.

but why would SI support unofficial leagues that are added?

if you want to add the leagues, then deal with the limitations

Sorry, I don't agree with that. Once SI, gave the option to add & edit leagues into the game, they should be given a suitable system to enable them to be playable.

Sorry, I don't agree with that. Once SI, gave the option to add & edit leagues into the game, they should be given a suitable system to enable them to be playable.

Don't talk rubbish, there are plenty of examples in any number of industries IRL where items can be modded to some degree but there are always limitations.

Time for a change then considering the popularity of these mods and how easy it's going to be to add them. I suppose that Gibraltar will suffer from the same issue?

Why would they spend time - and considerable time, given you'd need to overhaul the entire system - developing a solution that has no certainty of ever being used?

See above. They're not going to do that. Nor should they.

SI have admitted the game is not designed to be played that low, so obviously there is an issue there

There's no issue. As samdiatmh said, "If you want to add the leagues, then deal with the limitations". It's that simple.

Getting things back on topic I'd like to see additions to the African league set with the focus being North & West African nations.

PS - Please keeps the thread on topic. :thup:

Personally, I would like to see the Thai League. The J.League is out of reach but that would really be my number one choice. Also, more African leagues and a Middle Eastern league would be good

J-League is popular but it won't happen due to licensing. I think Konami have the license due to Winning Eleven series (We call it PES). African ones would be cool but I think the other one that needs to be looking into would be Qatar as someone mentioned above. Maybe New Zeland ABS Championship!

Archived