posting screenshots

there's probably an easier way, but this is how i do it

load fm

press f12 to take screenshot

close fm

access the steam 'screenshot uploader' - will automatically appear if you have taken screenshots and closed the game

press 'show on disk'

copy the file to somewhere easily accessible (the desktop)

go to an image hosting website and upload it (imgur works for me)

press the image-y looking icon in the reply box

then paste in your link

VOILA!

there's probably an easier way, but this is how i do it

load fm

press f12 to take screenshot

close fm

access the steam 'screenshot uploader' - will automatically appear if you have taken screenshots and closed the game

press 'show on disk'

copy the file to somewhere easily accessible (the desktop)

go to an image hosting website and upload it (imgur works for me)

press the image-y looking icon in the reply box

then paste in your link

VOILA!

You can specify a folder in the Steam options to post the picture to when you press F12.

So you could create a folder on your desktop and then select that folder in the Steam options which would cut out a little of what you do.

EDIT

You don't have to close FM either then you can just alt/tab.

Only problem is that when i press F12 it only puts my brightness up, will it still have taken a screenshot?

Open the Steam settings and have a look at what the screenshot button is set to & if needed change to another button that doesn't conflict with your labtop controls.

Use greenshot. If you set it up right, you can pretty much have one click upload to a number of hosting sites. Press a pre-determined key, snip the part of the screen you want, and done. Comfortably the best screenshotting tool I've used, and it's freeware.

Open the Steam settings and have a look at what the screenshot button is set to & if needed change to another button that doesn't conflict with your labtop controls.

Windows Key and Print Screen will allow you to save your screen shot so that you don't have to paste it anywhere else.

Windows Key and Print Screen will allow you to save your screen shot so that you don't have to paste it anywhere else.

How would that help?

You still have to save it somewhere, all that win/prnt does is put it on the clipboard, you then have to paste it into something like paint and save it to a folder. Setting it up in Steam automatically saves it in the folder ready to upload.

Even after that there is and has been a problem using Steam and win/Prnt for the last few years. Instead of pasting a pic of your screen to the clipboard it pastes whats behind the game whether that be your desktop or an internet page.

Windows Key and Print Screen saves it to a file... no?

I'm not on my PC right now, but I can check later.

Not for me on either my labtop or desktop but then that might be a setting somewhere. It just adds it to the clipboard to paste somewhere, maybe it saves to to a temp file somewhere but I wouldn't like to have to find it.

EDIT

Cheers Eugene, yes it saves it in that screenshot folder. Doesn't get around the Steam issue though of taking the background rather than the game in the foreground.

I think you can hold down Alt to caption the foreground screen.

I'm not sure if Windows Key + Alt + Print Screen would work.

Anyway - it's a tiny shortcut to save your screenshot to a folder than than pasting it to an image editor and saving it.

One small step for mankind...

I actually think it would be a cool plugin to automatically capture screen and host online somewhere to share...

http://snag.gy/

This is pretty good

You can ALT Print Screen and paste directly here

You can then get the url and post here using the image insert button and copy and paste the URL.

You can even crop and edit the image.

Archived