Non League Teams

Does anybody know how to maybe fast track non league teams?

I would very much like to manage Haverhill Rovers, who in the real world are in the Eastern Counties Premiership so they would be three promotions from Vanarama Conference South and therefore finally part of the actual game.

Despite taking over Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Ipswich, Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City for a couple of days every pre-season to arrange friendlies with Haverhill thus generating a good deal of cash for that team, after 12 seasons they are still nowhere to be seen :(

I have even looked at other teams that have had a youngster on their books that I have even tried buying for £3m to £4m and even those clubs more than 10 seasons later are not to be found in the conference.

Any suggestions?

Does anybody know if going forward FM may introduce something where you can nominate non league clubs to be 'promoted' to the Conference without having to wait season after season only to never see them.

Many Thanks

Kev

Promotions from non playable leagues are based on a weighted random of the reputation of the team.

I think I'm also right in saying that only teams in the immediate division below can be promoted so teams who start more than one division below a playable league will never be promoted.

Promotions from non playable leagues are based on a weighted random of the reputation of the team.

I think I'm also right in saying that only teams in the immediate division below can be promoted so teams who start more than one division below a playable league will never be promoted.

You are right Cougar. It's something that should change really.

I would very much like to manage Haverhill Rovers, who in the real world are in the Eastern Counties Premiership so they would be three promotions from Vanarama Conference South and therefore finally part of the actual game.

Despite taking over Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Ipswich, Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City for a couple of days every pre-season to arrange friendlies with Haverhill thus generating a good deal of cash for that team, after 12 seasons they are still nowhere to be seen :(

I have even looked at other teams that have had a youngster on their books that I have even tried buying for £3m to £4m and even those clubs more than 10 seasons later are not to be found in the conference.

Any suggestions?

Does anybody know if going forward FM may introduce something where you can nominate non league clubs to be 'promoted' to the Conference without having to wait season after season only to never see them.

Many Thanks

Kev

Why dont you just download the lower leagues database and manage them? One database goes down to level 24. The lowest level in English football. Or you could use the editor to edit them into the Conference south or Conference.

It can take a long time, but the even lower teams can become playable, I saw a Bulgarian 4th division team promoted to playable, which is the Bulgarian 2nd division.

Which team was this BoxToBox?

Chavdar Etrople.

I had only noticed because I spent ages try to get them to be playable by reloading the changeover day after the first season, only to find out they were a league lower than I thought. Went on as another club, and a few seasons later, saw them bumped to playable. In real life they just gained promotion to the Bulgarian 3rd div, may be a FM 16 team for me to play as, if I can load them up to the 2nd.

I know the feeling, my RWDM was in the second league in Belgium and went bankrupt, fans satrted it again but in the 4th tier and waiting for them to go up to the 3rd tier so I can manage them but yeah maybe next year for me cause in real life they are top of the league with our biggest support ever xD

Chavdar Etrople.

I had only noticed because I spent ages try to get them to be playable by reloading the changeover day after the first season, only to find out they were a league lower than I thought. Went on as another club, and a few seasons later, saw them bumped to playable. In real life they just gained promotion to the Bulgarian 3rd div, may be a FM 16 team for me to play as, if I can load them up to the 2nd.

I'm going to keep my eye out in future saves now for teams that come up from below the level below the lowest playable division.

I'm going to keep my out in future saves now for teams that come up from below the level below the lowest playable division.

It could be interesting, playing as one of them should be an even bigger challenge than normal, though the reason I wanted Chavdar that time was because despite their lowly status, they have good youth intakes.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Kev

You could just swap them with a team in the Isthmian Premier and give them a rep boost. (100 more than highest rep team in Isthmian Premier?) Ideally you would put a team from the Eastern Counties catchment area (Needham Market?) in their place and also include an Isthmian division 1 north team in your league "restructuring" so that the ILP team goes in I1N and then I1N team goes in the ECL but you don't even need to do that.

Or why not as others have suggested, play as them in the Eastern Counties League yourself. Bringing them up the divisions the hard way. Although I would VERY STRONGLY SUGGEEEST waiting until FM16 for that... cough cough

Oh.. and it is Eastern Counties Premier Division not Premiership. Unapologetic pedant here when it comes down to league naming. :cool:

I ignore sponsor names and just change them to the actual competition names, for example Conference Premier as it was last year.

Me too. One of the first things I do when I get a new version of the game is to open the editor and make my own name fix.

Ideally I would remove all sponsored stadium names as well, but that would take a while... :rolleyes:

It's actually the Eastern Counties League Premier Division :)

I know that, I was just referring the shorthand name as used by the OP. Also it's actually the Eastern Counties Football League Premier Division but I didn't see the need to put that as it was the premiership part I was pointing out as incorrect.

I ignore sponsor names and just change them to the actual competition names, for example Conference Premier as it was last year.

The National League name change is not a sponsor related change though, no matter how silly it is & un-necessary. I will always still it conference though!

The National League name change is not a sponsor related change though, no matter how silly it is & un-necessary. I will always still it conference though!

Do you still call the Premier League and Championship the First and Second Division as well...? ;)

Do you still call the Premier League and Championship the First and Second Division as well...? ;)

Not myself, it's a generation thing though. I was only 3 years old when the Premier League was formed. I did used to call the Championship the second division for a while if I remember though, I still do sometimes. I'm sure there are older fans who do all the time.

Technically the PL was a separate institution that was bulldozered onto the top of the pyramid, forcing all the other leagues down. The modern day Championship is actually the old first division, still uses the same trophy for example.

With regards to sponsor names, I don't particularly like them but it annoys me more when the original name of the league is not used. For example Vanarama North as opposed to Vanarama Conference/NL North.

Some sponsored named competitions have had the same stick effect as the old original names though haven't they? How many people still call the JPT the "Auto Windscreens Shield" or the "LDV vans trophy" or the NPL the "unibond league" or the Isthmian league just "Ryman" league. But over time these names will be forgotten.

Not myself, it's a generation thing though. I was only 3 years old when the Premier League was formed. I did used to call the Championship the second division for a while if I remember though, I still do sometimes. I'm sure there are older fans who do all the time.

I don't disagree with you, I'm exactly the same with the Danish league myself. :D

Technically the PL was a separate institution that was bulldozered onto the top of the pyramid, forcing all the other leagues down. The modern day Championship is actually the old first division, still uses the same trophy for example.

True, but I think the important word here is technically... ;)

You are wrong with that, I can confirm after simulating for 15 seasons a savegame of my own (in FM 2014 though).

I had a team in Belgian 5th division, and only 3th and higher is playable. I gave this team a reputation of 3500, some nice cash, sugar daddy and good players. They never got out of 5th division. Another team that originally started in this same 5th division (with a reputation of 1250) managed to promote to 4th division and after 8 seasons (in total, not in 4th) they got promoted to 3rd, the playable league. They stayed in 3rd for 2 seasons, got relegated to 4th and managed to clinch promotion to 3rd immediately again.

So it's possible, but even a big reputation hike + money + good players are no guarantee that the team will promote.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it might depend on whether there are inactive leagues below the active ones in the database, or whether all non-league teams are just put in a generic "Lower Division".

If you look at the nation rules for England in the editor, the 7th tier (Northern/Southern/Isthmian Premier) is listed below the 6th (Conf N/S), but inactive. I haven't checked the nation rules for Belgium, but there might not be any inactive leagues, only a generic "Belgian Lower Division".

So my guess would be that in England and other nations with an inactive division like that, only teams from that division can get promoted. In nations where the "Generic Lower Division" is the only division below the active ones, in theory all teams from that division should be able to get promoted - but through a "weighted lottery", as has already been suggested.

A general rule of thumb that I believe works is if you can select the club to be your favourite club then they have a chance of working their way to a playable level.

Archived