REQUEST: add Tabbed browsing/ navigation for future FM versions. Thoughts?

I dont know about you guys but i live by tabbed browsing when i surf the web...It makes things alot easier.. I would LOVE to see this feature added to FM. Just think of the possibilities...

Right clicking a link within a game would give you the option to open it in a new tab inside the game window.. for example if you want to compare several players at once you can open them in several tabs. It could work with all of the different pages within FM.. would be SOO much easier...

please consider this if you haven't already done so.. unless im missing something in the current version also let me know !

the possibilities for this are endless!

Thoughts?

• Administrators

Yeah it's something that's been raised a few times both internally and externally and personally if done right I'd be a huge fan of it - however as barto123 suggested, there's a number of other issues to consider such as memory usage which wouldn't make this a quick and easy thing to implement. It's on the (very) long list of suggestions.

Yeah it's something that's been raised a few times both internally and externally and personally if done right I'd be a huge fan of it - however as barto123 suggested, there's a number of other issues to consider such as memory usage which wouldn't make this a quick and easy thing to implement. It's on the (very) long list of suggestions.

Neil, thanks for chipping in. Can you share when will we know which of the very long list of suggestions are implemented in FM16? :)

I dont know about you guys but i live by tabbed browsing when i surf the web...It makes things alot easier.. I would LOVE to see this feature added to FM. Just think of the possibilities...

Right clicking a link within a game would give you the option to open it in a new tab inside the game window.. for example if you want to compare several players at once you can open them in several tabs. It could work with all of the different pages within FM.. would be SOO much easier...

please consider this if you haven't already done so.. unless im missing something in the current version also let me know !

the possibilities for this are endless!

Thoughts?

It's your tactics.

In all seriousness, I think this would be a hell of an idea. Assuming, of course, it doesn't become resource-hungry.

I just hope that FM doesn't become a game that has a preresequite for a hi-end machine. A lot of users in the Laptop thread require laptops in the 300-600 range, and it's rare and nice to have people ask for 1000 pound machines.

Just hope FM staff keep this in mind, most people don't own a top quality machine for FM - and that's the beauty of FM - it's fun and it's lightweight.

I just hope that FM doesn't become a game that has a preresequite for a hi-end machine. A lot of users in the Laptop thread require laptops in the 300-600 range, and it's rare and nice to have people ask for 1000 pound machines.

Just hope FM staff keep this in mind, most people don't own a top quality machine for FM - and that's the beauty of FM - it's fun and it's lightweight.

but surely that's the idea of FMC

I think the idea should be that FMC is for the 'lower end' machines

and then normal FM is for the higher-end [more demanding] stuff

so the likes of tabbed browsing (if included) is only in normal FM

whereas the likes of FMC (being a 'lighter' version of FM) doesn't have it, due to the RAM limitations

whereas the likes of FMC (being a 'lighter' version of FM) doesn't have it, due to the RAM limitations

Eh not necessarily... the idea of FMC was not for lower end machines, at all, never has that been a reason for FMC.

I hope it doesn't go that way either.

Less of this, FMC should have it.

Absolutely not. It isn't, and never should be. FM bucks the trend in putting a lot of effort into making sure that low end machines can still play. It would be a massive backwards step - and I imagine, costly in terms of sales - to tell all those low-specced users "Nah, you're not allowed to play the game this year, just use the lesser (IMO) FMC instead. FMC is a simpler alternative, not a backup.

As for the OP, resource limitations are what I'd worry about. Look at Chrome when you've got a lot of tabs open. It eats a whole load of memory even when it's not really doing anything. It's certainly possible, and probably useful, but not sure how they'd do it without jacking up the specs.

Archived